Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue (19772 Views)

Strike: FG And University Workers' Meeting Ends In A Deadlock / Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! / ASUU, FG Meeting Inconclusive, Adjourned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by sinkhole: 10:01am On Aug 17, 2022
GregoryPeterson:
can you give us update and feedback on how their meeting went?
No update Bro, we can only hope to get something during branch meetings, if it holds!
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by BeanmanX(m): 10:02am On Aug 17, 2022
GregoryPeterson:
keep deceiving yourself.
me and ninisun came to a truce. we're currently communicating via emails and we're knowing each other. She's a married lady in her late 40's and we're cool now.
Fucck off pervert
Ninisun that I know will never message u,,,,I know u do lie alot,,,u dis perverted simp,,, cheesy cheesy
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by jamesbridget13(f): 10:25am On Aug 17, 2022
Why not pay in installments so people's children can go back to school n find their life. This is so unfair o. Thank God for Rivers State University n d likes
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by Abiodunstephen(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2022
I won't blame APC on this because this strike has been going on since Obasanjo time, but because of paddy paddy type of government we have in this country has made all this to continue for years, if there was agreement since 2009 to pay this money, why lingering till 2022 without been paid?
If not because of compromising ASU president they have been having.
I will tell Nigeria university student to be patience and also lecturer to fight till fishing.
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by Skydweller(m): 11:30am On Aug 17, 2022
https://criesandlaughter./2022/08/i-know-why-average-nigerian-man-doesnt.html

The poem (I Know Why An Average Nigerian Man Doesn't Smile) reminds us of the silent struggle of a common man. Before you berate that man for not meeting your expectations, remember that that man has a lot of things going on in his life.

Remember to drop your comment.
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by samuelpeters(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2022
starz100:

Federal universities can not be fully autonomous because they are not owned by ASUU. There is no way the government will wake up one day and raise its fees like those of private unis. Nobody will pay #300k in public university when you can get better education in private unis or abroad. Mind you the glory of the federal university is the high patronage it enjoys.
The reason why ASUU will never support a full fledge autonomy is because they will become like private universities. Public university lecturers , you should know earn far more than their private uni counterparts. If federal govt totally hands off subsidy of education, that will mark the beginning of the collapse of education. Again no amount of fee raise that will stop ASUU from going on strike in the future. Around 2001, school fees in federal university was about #3,500 per session, today in the same federal university it about a 100k,that is about 2800% increase for twenty years period. So, yes, this is not the first time.
Any fees increase without commensurate improvement in standard can backfire.
I get your point now.
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
GregoryPeterson:
keep deceiving yourself.
me and ninisun came to a truce. we're currently communicating via emails and we're knowing each other. She's a married lady in her late 40's and we're cool now.
Fucck off pervert

Vicko the sicko, when did we discuss about my age and being cool Don't you know your mate or level online? I knew you were one of those that carry my handbags to my office, that's why I just ignored you!!! cheesy.

I get plenty of your mates that beg to clean my table and you had the guts to insult who fit feed you. I can't be playing in the mud with a boy I can feed and feed.

Who have you been discussing through emails? Do you need antipsychotics or rehab? Don't you ever mention me again in your lies.
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by meedoLock(m): 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
It's better it continue for how long it takes to curb the reoccurrence.

What's the essence of having institutions on and there are no researches and alot of labs are left in ruined..........which means graduate from mechanical engineering department would still have to go to one road side mechanic to learn how to screw and unscrew. It goes on and on.

Let's have it locked down till a long term amendment is made to our universities.
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by Faithfulness88: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
ASUU and FG please end the strike students are tired of sitting at home.
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by PharmacyStore: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2022
Wahala everywhere
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by FORWARDEVERLY: 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nice one..let the strike and suffering continue.. y'all stupid youths go get sense by force..
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by Sacramento85(m): 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2022
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by ufotunang: 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2022
onyxo76:

the FG cannot be trusted, since 2009, na so so, dribbling and deceit.
...it's the students that I pity because they will keep on staying in the house idle for many years...if you like it or not this Buhari government cannot give ASUU everything they need...so the small they want to give ASUU....ASUU should accept it...then student can go back to school...by the grace of God what Peter Obi wins next year election and become president at least he will solve ASUU issues and problems.,.he is a caring man....the students are ageing everyday sitting in the house idle...a 4 years course a student will spend 8 years in the university on a 4 years course because of ASUU strike.,
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by Mars16(m): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2022
festacman:
The worrying thing is that none of the leading presidential candidates has shown clearly how his government will meet ASUU demands and solve incessant ASUU strike once and for all in the face of dwindling oil revenues.

None! And that's worrying.
Very interesting point you raised here.
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by Onyisko10: 7:19pm On Aug 17, 2022
Anybody listening to ASUU president on twitter space knows the end of the strike is not near
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by Juliearth(f): 4:26am On Aug 18, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

What stops government from meeting their demands, then setting EFCC loose on them? I'm sure by the time EFCC visits all the universities, government will recover over 20% of whatever money it gave them. Any university staff who stole money will be made to vomit it BY FIRE BY FORCE and still be sent to prison for some time... That way, you'll find out if ASUU members are really corrupt, they'll stop this strike actions and everybody will have peace

The government shares in this blame too. If education was a focal point of this government, they would have sourced for a means to raise the funds needed by ASUU and released the anti graft dogs on them,just like you said. However, this government doesn't care, so...
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by onyxo76(m): 7:17am On Aug 18, 2022
ufotunang:
...it's the students that I pity because they will keep on staying in the house idle for many years...if you like it or not this Buhari government cannot give ASUU everything they need...so the small they want to give ASUU....ASUU should accept it...then student can go back to school...by the grace of God what Peter Obi wins next year election and become president at least he will solve ASUU issues and problems.,.he is a caring man....the students are ageing everyday sitting in the house idle...a 4 years course a student will spend 8 years in the university on a 4 years course because of ASUU strike.,

yes, but truth be told, FG is not interested in you being educated, the less educated you're the better and easier for them to rule and oppress you. which is why they are giving more private universities approval and neglecting the public ones, so only the very rich will be able to get degrees while the rest will opt out.
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by ufotunang: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
onyxo76:

yes, but truth be told, FG is not interested in you being educated, the less educated you're the better and easier for them to rule and oppress you. which is why they are giving more private universities approval and neglecting the public ones, so only the very rich will be able to get degrees while the rest will opt out.
. Thay is why the youths and nigerians should vote for competent leaders to make this country better... not always voting for PDP and APC...those 2 parties have destroyed this country
Re: ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue by Mcbayo(m): 5:07am On Sep 23, 2022
Mcbayo:
Help a hungry brother please. Day 2 no hope of feeding. Here's my account number 0242558541 WEMA . Every hand that bless me shall be blessed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bus Conveying UNILAG Convocation Gown Vandalised / Pictures Every Nigeria Student Can Relate To About Exams (+pics) / Unijos Admission List 2009/2010 Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.