Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

How ASUU Meeting With FG Again Ended In Deadlock - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How ASUU Meeting With FG Again Ended In Deadlock (542 Views)

How ASUU Strike Is Affecting Graduates Too / Strike: FG, ASUU Meeting Ends In Deadlock Again! / Outcome Of Today's ASUU Meeting With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How ASUU Meeting With FG Again Ended In Deadlock by kc80: 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
The scheduled meeting between the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and the Federal Government has again ended without an agreement.

The striking lecturers had met with the Professor Nimi Briggs Committee on Tuesday at the National University Commission in Abuja with high hopes of resolving the impasse.

Candidreorters.com gathered that a senior member of ASUU, who craved anonymity said that members of the Briggs renegotiation committee did not come with any new offer on the table.

This means the six-month old strike by public university lecturers is set to continue.

Instead, the ASUU source said, the committee plead with the lecturers to suspend the ongoing strike, with promises that their concerns will be included in the 2023 budget.

According to the source, the meeting, which started at about 12pm, lasted for about three hours without any agreement reached.

https://candidreporters.com/how-ASUU-meeting-with-fg-again-ended-in-deadlock/

Re: How ASUU Meeting With FG Again Ended In Deadlock by sinkhole: 6:01am On Aug 17, 2022
This report is wrong, the meeting did not end in deadlock!
Agreement was reached and ASUU is taking it to their members for discussion, if the members agreed, then it will be approved. ASUU internal meeting holds this, Wednesday morning!
Re: How ASUU Meeting With FG Again Ended In Deadlock by xcelpro: 6:36am On Aug 17, 2022
sinkhole:
This report is wrong, the meeting did not end in deadlock!
Agreement was reached and ASUU is taking it to their members for discussion, if the members agreed, then it will be approved. ASUU internal meeting holds this, Wednesday morning!
Thank you Sinkhole. I pray what you said is true. Cos I don't even know what to believ again.
I waited to hear d outcome of the meeting till I slept off, only to wake up 12 a.m to hear dat the meeting ended in deadlock.
Dis country is a mess.
5 yrs course is going to 8 years.
Let's repeat what happened in Kenya come 2023.
God abeg.
Re: How ASUU Meeting With FG Again Ended In Deadlock by sinkhole: 6:44am On Aug 17, 2022
xcelpro:

Thank you Sinkhole. I pray what you said is true. Cos I don't even know what to believ again.
I waited to hear d outcome of the meeting till I slept off, only to wake up 12 a.m to hear dat the meeting ended in deadlock.
Dis country is a mess.
5 yrs course is going to 8 years.
Let's repeat what happened in Kenya come 2023.
God abeg.

Vanguard report, I posted here captured the whole senario better:
https://www.nairaland.com/7285300/strike-anxiety-ASUU-fg-teams#115777975

ChannelsTV really messed up, big time! I don't know why they decided to engage in wild speculative journalism without showing any iota of professionalism!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Learn Software Development (coding) For Free! (with Live Practicals) / A New Lai Mohammed Has Been Born..Adewale To Be Rewarded / The Relevance Of Philosophy To Human Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.