Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App (13104 Views)

Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport / Driving With Hands-free Illegal In Nigeria — FRSC / Driver Caught Driving With No Steering Wheel While Sitting On A Bucket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Ogaga87(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2022
Jayjerjay:
I am so downloading the app and telling my friends about it, enough of complaining about rough drivers daily when I can easily report them now...

You don employ yourself now.. I hope your pay is good as a lastma in phone version..

Jokes man
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by femicyrus(m): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nigeria with backward thinking!
Where in the world have you ever seen this?
What happens to technology that will capture traffic offenders in realtime?

In sane countries, you get notification via email that you've violated traffic rules with details including the cost implications
But my country wants us to be witch hunting ourselves by collection of rewards

1 Like

Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by OkodiDenzel: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2022
Greeeeeeeeaaaaat!!!!

For those pessimistic, there's something called "giving it the benefit of doubt.. haba!"
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Signum(f): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
Does it work nationwide or is it applicable to Lagos State alone?
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Uzomacharles: 3:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
I go just dey report cases anyhow dey collect reward....
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by billa40: 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
Nice innovation ! I am of the opinion that the app developer should have built a app to report bad roads such as potholes and untarred roads in different areas around lagos, blocked canals and non functioning street lights in different areas in lagos.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by chrizzyace: 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2022
Half of Lagos drivers will be reported here especially danvo drivers grin
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by breezeng: 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
Good one. We need it in ogun state
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Pimine: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
Konjiboii:
cheesy paid commenters na him just full the FP. While you all are praising the app I can also see how it could be manipulated.

Same here. Be like say na only you dey think for this forum. Who are they reporting to? How do they ascertain that the report they're getting is not mischievous? Where do they get the money to offer as rewards? The person wey dey report while driving - isn't he commiting a traffic offence?

This is only great on paper and that's where it ends.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by tritt(m): 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
Can you call a danfo, keke or the other one korupe or so to other in this Lagos? Na them be the oloye for causing traffic

mark2020prince:
A good one I must say. Innovation that will help this country
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by AREWAELENU: 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
Na only Lagos good stuff dey always land fess
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by saratackit: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
Some of these features are non of our business or not controllable by random people, is this a private company invention or Nigerian force?

Well it's commendable that something is available...

It would be a nice idea to have short codes alongside a good invention as this.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by BigBashiru: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
Pimine:

Same here. Be like say na only you dey think for this forum. Who are they reporting to? How do they ascertain that the report they're getting is not mischievous? Where do they get the money to offer as rewards? The person wey dey report while driving - isn't he commiting a traffic offence?

This is only great on paper and that's where it ends.

Pessimism....it will work....
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by hoilakes(m): 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2022
It's the extra income for me, I need to check this out grin grin grin
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Qwi1: 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Pimine: 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
BigBashiru:

Pessimism....it will work....
No, it won't undecided
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Olayetan(m): 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2022
this isn't for dishonest people like Nigerians, i see alot using it wrongly and also reporting wrong people.

Nigerians will manipulate it and use it in wrong way unless they attach evidence to the app which will prove they aren't lying against the driver they intend to report but without evidence, its a No No for me.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Poleski: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2022
Whoever created this idea is a genius. This will force motorists to behave. I hope it won't be abused by unscrupulous individuals reporting innocent motorists.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by meobizy(f): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2022
I’m only happy the app creates jobs for youths.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by PharmacyStore: 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
This is a good one
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by jimmyvic(m): 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
1 report fit gimme like 5k
If I report like 7 aboki wey dey ride bajaj in a day na 35k be that oo grin grin.....this update maadd gan
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by hermesprogidy(m): 12:57am On Aug 18, 2022
Konjiboii:
cheesy paid commenters na him just full the FP. While you all are praising the app I can also see how it could be manipulated.
Don't mind them. What do you classify as dangerous driving? Such a subjective term
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by hermesprogidy(m): 1:00am On Aug 18, 2022
So many broke people on this thread. undecided
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by BluntCrazeMan: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2022
Jayjerjay:
I am so downloading the app and telling my friends about it, enough of complaining about rough drivers daily when I can easily report them now...
After reporting,, what next??
Any response?
Any action.??
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by DanyelAmeh: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2022
A good one... But I hope that the defaulters will actually be brought to book.
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by KingUka: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
It's a nice initiative and a good way to curb and control reckless driving
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by Franktom247(m): 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
I hope there will be follow up after reporting
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by 0xAaron: 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Buffalo2:
It remains the one to monitor and report erring Police Officers. Ben Hundeying alone cannot have all the reports

This one dey too jare. Snap picture and send to appropriate authority. Be like govt get hand for this app na why them fit promise you from inside fine
Re: Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App by KeplersCross: 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
chimpad:
Nice one! But still not the best. There shouldn't be any situation where people are made to openly snitch on fellow citizens for money. This could cause problems. When the app becomes popular, people will resist others taking pictures/ videos of their plates. It's meant for the lazy authorities to do that themselves.

This is so very true,most people can take this and turn this into a bad thing, undermining the good side of it and creating problems.... Nigerians can never be true to greatness and development especially the ones that can help build a better future

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. / Twelve(12) Pathways To Relocate To Canada This Year / Growth In Passengers’ Traffic Excites Akure Airport Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.