Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,480 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism (13658 Views)

Students Experience After Graduating From The University / Eton College Apologises To Dilibe Onyeama For Racism. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by fredoooooo: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2022
blesdman:

Even Nigeria de racist sort of
Na normal thing but we always complain of others
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by Control5: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
fman:
if you had agreed to school in Nigeria, na only ASUU and cult boys for dey bother you!!
Now your matter don worse pass us we dey for naija University. U go dey Dodge ur head from Russian jets!! U even don turn asylum seeker.
I pity your reasoning..
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by fman(m): 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2022
Control5:

I pity your reasoning..
Na me pity u pass.
Cos if u where smart, you for no mention me.
That is why I pity ur mediocrity.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by Roger3D(m): 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
fman:
if you had agreed to school in Nigeria, na only ASUU and cult boys for dey bother you!!
Now your matter don worse pass us we dey for naija University. U go dey Dodge ur head from Russian jets!! U even don turn asylum seeker.
Your lack of empathy is highly disturbing sad
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by Blue86(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2022
If you are not tribalistic, please be the first to judge racism.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by SeriouslySense(m): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2022
better develop yourselves, and stop crying racism. wink wink

You can lament about racism, but cannot come together to develop your lands. grin grin Olodo (joking, but seriously)

Racism is nothing, if we are developing ourselves and our people
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by etrange: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2022
Racoon:
See Ukraine many of us were pitying back then when they were taking the heat from Russia. Now many of these European countries as well as the other Western imperialist nations(US,UK etc) are all damned racists.
Even the Polish that the world fought the onslaught of the Nazi-controlled Germany for back then too were showing overt racism to African students @ the Poland-Ukrainian border. Nowhere is better than home.

There is no compelling reason why students who are not Ukrainians and not EU citizens should be offered admissions, jobs, etc. in other EU countries. These countries are helping Ukrainian students either based on the relationship they have with the country or based on the fact that Ukrainians have nowhere else to go. They're not just helping anyone that left the country cause they believe non Ukrainians are not stranded since they have a country to go back to. In a case like this, simple logic demands that those whose country has been destroyed should get the highest priority.

Canada gave asylum to thousands of Ukrainians (not just people fleeing Ukraine) cause they're believed to be stranded. Should they have also given asylum to Nigerians? How would you justify that? There was a limit to the number of slots the US could take; should they have given some of those slots to people who clearly have a country to return to? It may sound harsh, but if you keep sentiments aside, you'd understand the West is doing exactly what they have to do.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by fxexperts: 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2022
God1000:
I blame our wicked leaders for destroying Nigeria and our education, our government is so insensitive as well

This is very wrong though, racism in the midst of war.

I want president Zelensky to personally address this ugly issue, he's been getting a lot of support from every corner of the world, his people should not be hostile to foreigners, Africans in particular.

United Nations should also do something about this
You want an helpless man, a president who has his hands full with responsibilities, whos country is been destroyed and citizens killed everyday, to address your problem at the same time. This just show how greedy and extremely selfish you lots are. No wonder your country is where it is it, Your mentality of self self. What fucking concern zelensky with your fucking problem.

alizma:
When the war started, you guys suddenly realized you were Africans and has nothing to do with the war, the guys were asked to stay back but they strongly refused. Now don't you think it's normal if Europe thinks of Europeans first?
Make una calm down, e go reach una turn later just that the guys realized too that when the chips are down, everyone will protect his own first.

Thank God there are reasonable Nigerians.

Psalmistproject:
Well in times of crisis, citizens comes first.

Half of their males are dieing in battle and the few left to continue their civilization by being offered admissions and special privilege are to consider you?

Everything is not racism.
Come back to Nigeria and allow them get their country together.

You are wise

etrange:

There is no compelling reason why students who are not Ukrainians and not EU citizens should be offered admissions, jobs, etc. in other EU countries. These countries are helping Ukrainian students either based on the relationship they have with the country or based on the fact that Ukrainians have nowhere else to go. They're not just helping anyone that left the country cause they believe non Ukrainians are not stranded since they have a country to go back to. In a case like this, simple logic demands that those whose country has been destroyed should get the highest priority.

Canada gave asylum to thousands of Ukrainians (not just people fleeing Ukraine) cause they're believed to be stranded. Should they have also given asylum to Nigerians? How would you justify that? There was a limit to the number of slots the US could take; should they have given some of those slots to people who clearly have a country to return to? It may sound harsh, but if you keep sentiments aside, you'd understand the West is doing exactly what they have to do.

Lots of wisdom in your post.

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by jimetagambo: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
When Nigeria/Africa is not developed,europe is the next to move to,ave u ever heard an european coming to study in Nigeria/Africa
Funny that they went to study in the poorest country in Europe. A war break out and Europe put Europeans first and they complain. I don't understand this topic at all. Even the girl complaining is finding it hard to explain the situation.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by PharmacyStore: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
This is very very Sad
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by fman(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2022
Roger3D:
Your lack of empathy is highly disturbing sad

Your lack of sense is under rated..
You mentioning me indicates your level of mediocrity.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by mema900: 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2022
fman:

Oga I no fit dump my Acada cos of ASUU and cult boys.

This one never even know say after school, nothing nothing
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by fman(m): 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2022
mema900:

This one never even know say after school, nothing nothing
R u advising me to dump my academics?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by chaloskyx: 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2022
The international bodies dont care about blacks period and we need to stop caring for them and focus inwards simple
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by nedekid: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2022
God1000:
I blame our wicked leaders for destroying Nigeria and our education, our government is so insensitive as well

This is very wrong though, racism in the midst of war.

I want president Zelensky to personally address this ugly issue, he's been getting a lot of support from every corner of the world, his people should not be hostile to foreigners, Africans in particular.

United Nations should also do something about this
You really wount appreciate how far our leaders have destroyed Nigeria, or retarded development until you leave the country.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by humberjade: 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2022
Well, according to the information available to me, and what I know first hand, it depends on the country you find yourself. Those who moved to Germany are doing okay, and are gradually making head way, while those who moved to Netherlands are living large, so far, they are the luckiest of our people who left Ukraine. Regular pocket money and better accommodation...the 3 I known are now employed with each on a year residence permit, which would be extended provided they remain employed.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
Ykc2:
which igbo no dey marry yoruba ?even my small village for anambra state up to 8 yoruba women married our men lets not talk about yorubas marrying igbo girls,In arab countries If a daughter decides to marry against her family wish she will be killed by her brothers or her parent likewise in Pakistan and Afghanistan,

Obviously , not everyone is like that, but it's a common saying in Igbo land
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by mema900: 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2022
fman:

R u advising me to dump my academics?

Nope, but don't give it all of you with hope that it will give you a better life when you are done....it hardly does.

If i may advise you, start learning a skill right from now so you wont go into depression shortly after school.

Don't put all of you into school!!!!
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by fman(m): 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2022
mema900:

Nope, but don't give it all of you with hope that it will give you a better life when you are done....it hardly does.

If i may advise you, start learning a skill right from now so you wont go into depression shortly after school.

Don't put all of you into school!!!!
Am already skilled in programming...
I understand the Nigerian cliche
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by Cromagnon: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
They should go to USA, Canada or less racist countries. Otherwise, THEY SHOULD RETURN HOME.
Everyone knows that pale skinned people are mostly racists.

NOBODY SEND DEM GO THEIR IN THE FIRST PLACE.
what is Ghana must go?, love abi?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by mema900: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2022
fman:

Am already skilled in programming...
I understand the Nigerian cliche

Good!
I am a developer with more than 11years experience

Keep it up
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by babatunji36117: 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2022
IPOB = OBITUARY = DRUG DEALERS = DEVELOPERS = BIAFRA = CRIMINALS = FLAT HEAD, ECONOMIC IMMIGRANTS, = DISPLACED IDIOMATIC PEOPLE.IPOB = OBITUARY = DRUG DEALERS = DEVELOPERS = BIAFRA = CRIMINALS = FLAT HEAD, ECONOMIC IMMIGRANTS, = DISPLACED IDIOMATIC PEOPLE....
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by Nukilia: 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2022
Racoon:
See Ukraine many of us were pitying back then when they were taking the heat from Russia. Now many of these European countries as well as the other Western imperialist nations(US,UK etc) are all damned racists.

Even the Polish that the world fought the onslaught of the Nazi-controlled Germany for back then too were showing overt racism to African students @ the Poland-Ukrainian border. Nowhere is better than home.

The Russians were correct about the Ukrainians, the western media only deceived the gullible minds. Smh
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by Crenzywilliams(m): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2022
This is very eloquent, the write-up is great and provokes serious reasoning
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by babajero(m): 11:22pm On Aug 17, 2022
fman:

Are you asking me or u just want to depict ur mediocrity?
So just a simple question I asked and you have to show how foolish you are.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by fman(m): 1:44am On Aug 18, 2022
babajero:
So just a simple question I asked and you have to show how foolish you are.
you mentioning me proves that you are more foolish than me and less smart
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by BentizilL: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2022
grandstar:
I am not an educator so whatever advise I give here will be that of a layman

I feel the education ministry should provide some form of assistance. I am certain there are universities overseas that can accommodate these students that will enable them seamlessly continue their education.

The ministry should liase with such universities. These universities school fees must be about the same range of their present universities or even lower. The degrees are awarded should be acceptable by their present universities.

Ukraine is in survival mode and Russia is increasingly desperate going as far as firing rockets from a nuclear plant. Despite that, they should show concern for the plight of foreign students by assisting them find alternatives, even if for a small fee.

Ukraine should think outside the box. Ukraine is very corrupt and an opportunity to make a buck by kleptocrats would not turned down.

So you believe the narrative that Russia are shelling Russians? shocked
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: African Students Experience Racism by fxexperts: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2022
grandstar:
I am not an educator so whatever advise I give here will be that of a layman

I feel the education ministry should provide some form of assistance. I am certain there are universities overseas that can accommodate these students that will enable them seamlessly continue their education.

The ministry should liase with such universities. These universities school fees must be about the same range of their present universities or even lower. The degrees are awarded should be acceptable by their present universities.

Ukraine is in survival mode and Russia is increasingly desperate going as far as firing rockets from a nuclear plant. Despite that, Ukraine should show concern for the plight of foreign students by assisting them find alternatives, even if for a small fee.

Ukraine should think outside the box. Ukraine is very corrupt and an opportunity to make a buck by kleptocrats would not turned down.

Why didn't the education ministry provide assistance to these foreign student and give them admission in Nigerian universities. Why must it be foreign university. Oh they don't want to go to Nigerian universities and they are hoping for other foreign countries to give them education from free.

Racoon:

My friend they do not need your pity. keep your pity to yourself. what will your pity do for them. they need help to fight of the invaders and the only thing you can offer is pity, that is just a big joke. and you expect them to give the remnant left for there already struggling population. Blacks are just jokers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

History Of Accounting In Nigeria, Who Knows? / Sos Transcript From Unilorin / Have You Ever Cheat(Carry Expo) In School Exams Before? Share!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.