Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud (4269 Views)

Edafe Okporo: "I Am Gay And Proud Of It" (Photos) / Lady Marries Step Father Who Once Dated Her Sister / Chinese Man Marries Muslim Nigerian Girl As He Accepts Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by thomasblog(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2022
A 65-year-old man married his stepmother. - - continue reading : https://www.mateothomasblog.com/2022/08/man-marries-step-mum-after-father-dies.html

Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by yyba: 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2022
Haba IPOBIANS what kind of stupidity is this ? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Qatar2022: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Tinubu urchins come and carry your brother

4 Likes

Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Princessogaraya(f): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2022
That's mean they have been sleeping with which other before his father died
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by pyyxxaro: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2022
This one na AGUBA PRO MAX undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Lifestone(m): 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2022
Princessogaraya:
That's mean they have been sleeping with which other before his father died
Nope. Not necessarily. He inherited her. It's a common practice even in Yoruba provided they both agree to it

7 Likes

Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by kelspinall(m): 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2022
xn...
complete am na u sabi
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Osashalom: 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2022
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Princessogaraya(f): 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2022
Lifestone:

Nope. Not necessarily. He inherited her. It's a common practice even in Yoruba provided they both agree to it

I no know ooo
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2022
He continue where his father stopped, they have been sleeping with each other before the poor man died. Abomination

1 Like

Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by 2special(m): 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2022
Lifestone:

bro you sure, which part of Yoruba land practice such, cuz I'm sure Ondo/Ekiti State doesn't practice this.
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by UptownVibes(m): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2022
The man should have used that energy to take care of himself first. As he dey so,woman no suppose be his problem...
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Moshybear(f): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
They look like aliens
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Lifestone(m): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2022
2special:
bro you sure, which part of Yoruba land practice such, cuz I'm sure Ondo/Ekiti State doesn't practice this.
Are you a Yoruba person? Because it is very prevalent in Ondo/Ekiti State they called it "shupo"

1 Like

Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by 2special(m): 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
Lifestone:

Are you a Yoruba person? Because it is very prevalent in Ondo/Ekiti State they called it "shupo"
I'm from Ondo State, I will confirm about shupo
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by BlackPantherxXx: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2022
Lifestone:

They are Igbo. Stop telling tall stories.
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Abizz: 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
2special:
Lol. In fact na Ondo/Ekiti dey do am pass.
You never here "Shu Opo'' before ni?
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by NonsenseRubbish: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
pyyxxaro:
This one na AGUBA PRO MAX undecided
grin grin
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Okoroawusa: 12:10am On Aug 18, 2022
This type of practice is prevalent in many African cultures.

The one I know in Igbo land is a brother inheriting his brother's wife and it's not compulsory. I have never heard of a son inheriting his father's wife though.

1 Like

Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by atimadesign(m): 1:27am On Aug 18, 2022
Family affairs defers in various part of the world �

Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by pointblank247(m): 5:59am On Aug 18, 2022
2special:
its not only the Yoruba people that practice it, I'm an Igbo and its practiced here but not now again because polygamy is no longer popular,,
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by meobizy(f): 7:29am On Aug 18, 2022
Why do Nairalanders sidestep this aspect whenever talking about retaining our African culture? Lol. Unserious entities.
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 8:40am On Aug 18, 2022
meobizy:
Why do Nairalanders sidestep this aspect whenever talking about retaining our African culture? Lol. Unserious entities.
Like I said before, NairaIand is not your father land tongue
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by obailala(m): 8:49am On Aug 18, 2022
Okoroawusa:
This type of practice is prevalent in many African cultures.

The one I know in Igbo land is a brother inheriting his brother's wife and it's not compulsory. I have never heard of a son inheriting his father's wife though.
Son inheriting late father's younger wife also happened in Igbo land. Dont think it's still practiced anywhere though.
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Okoroawusa: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2022
obailala:
Son inheriting late father's younger wife also happened in Igbo land. Dont think it's still practiced anywhere though.
Well it's possible that it was practiced when men kept marrying women till their old age.
These days Igbo men are rarely polygamous
Re: Man Marries Step-mum After Father Dies, Says They're Happy And Proud by Elporo(m): 11:20am On Aug 18, 2022
Qatar2022:
Tinubu urchins come and carry your brother

If one man's culture can allow him to marry his brother's wife.
Why can't another man's culture allow him to marry his step mother?

They are after all part of the inheritance! cool

(1) (Reply)

I Am Happily Married To Two Men, We Share One Bed...have 3 Children(photos) / My Brother Is Giving Me Attitude For Not F..ucking The Gateman / A MILF I Piped At The Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.