Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou (25301 Views)

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic / My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp / World’s First Foldable Phone Has Been Launched. Checkout Specs, PICS And Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 18, 2022
Ur phone travel abroad.
That is phone in diaspora!

6 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Bukola94: 4:52am On Aug 18, 2022
excanny:

Was this phone locked with a xioami account?

This is very strange. They shouldn’t be able to flash out the login details on your phone manufacturer’s website.

Did you reveal sensitive info that aided them in doing a password reset on the phone?
good question, that's where the supremacy of iphone & Samsung security comes in. though they are both expensive, accessories and cost of repairs. if they can be affordable and accessories and cost of repairs is look into in the future. like say getting iphone Samsung in the range of 80k to 120k. sales will increase & average or common earners will be able to purchase.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by iHateFraudsters: 7:26am On Aug 18, 2022
Hahaha, your phone don leave you jakpa from Nigeria.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by mofadereraira3: 7:53am On Aug 18, 2022
Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it.Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it....

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by stamapro(m): 9:09am On Aug 18, 2022
That's good technology, if possible after writing a note and leaving your phone number, that the phone is stolen, and the thief does not return it, if there is a way to make it self destruct. E for sweet me, or when they want to wipe or reset it, it will just crash.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by KingMack(m): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2022
I beg mk una teach person how e go lock I'm android undecided
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 10:20am On Aug 18, 2022
You might have compromised your personal details because xiaomi is nearly impossible to hack, I've heard a xiaomi user lock his phone on this platform and he said the phone is still locked till now , making it useless to the thief...
Ernesttoby30:

They will flash it out. Same thing happened to me when i misplaced my Redmi 8 inside danfo bus in Lagos. I locked it with a written note, including my number.

About a week thereabout, a strange number called and was telling me how he bought my phone in Lafenwa in Abeokuta. But that the phone is locked. I explained everything to him and promised to compensate him if only i can get my phone.

The mumu said no. That he want to return it and get his money back. I asked for the seller contact, he refused. The next day, i received a message that the account has been reset and I can't have access to it any longer. That was how it ended.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 10:21am On Aug 18, 2022
cry
Airyprince:
Dem don carry your phone dey go where I no know
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 10:22am On Aug 18, 2022
Maybe he did, he might not know because xiaomi is nearly impossible to hack.
excanny:

Was this phone locked with a xioami account?

This is very strange. They shouldn’t be able to flash out the login details on your phone manufacturer’s website.

Did you reveal sensitive info that aided them in doing a password reset on the phone?
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 10:25am On Aug 18, 2022
I don't believe him, as I'm speaking now, my phone is still locked, in fact as the thief is charging my phone, my phone is still giving me update about the percentage of the battery.. it was 2% before, now its 50%..
excanny:

Yes. iPhone security is harder to hack.

But when my Samsung was stolen, the thief flashed it but he was unable to log out of my Samsung account until I locked it eventually with a message that the phone was stolen that whoever finds it should call my number. After 2 days, I got a call that I should look behind my generator that my phone was there.

The phone was stolen when my younger ones placed it on the gen, tho.

When I got the phone, all my pictures were wiped out and the thief’s photos were in the phone, which he was unable to clear the moment I locked the phone from my Samsung account.

So I’m really surprised someone was able to flash out your login details on a xioami account.

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 10:42am On Aug 18, 2022
I have done that before, hopefully the person replies..
mofadereraira3:
Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it.Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it....
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by wiseone28: 10:43am On Aug 18, 2022
God don't let my phone travel out first before me

17 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 10:46am On Aug 18, 2022
Yes ooo, I hope the technology on xiaomi gets to that stage, so it will put a stop to phone theft
stamapro:
That's good technology, if possible after writing a note and leaving your phone number, that the phone is stolen, and the thief does not return it, if there is a way to make it self destruct. E for sweet me, or when they want to wipe or reset it, it will just crash.
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 10:47am On Aug 18, 2022
It depends on the phone brand, some android phone brands don't have this type of technology...I only know of xiaomi and Samsung..
KingMack:
I beg mk una teach person how e go lock I'm android undecided

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Orenike: 10:48am On Aug 18, 2022
Amen oo cry
wiseone28:
God don't let my phone travel out first before me
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Chizip(m): 11:30am On Aug 18, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

They will flash it out. Same thing happened to me when i misplaced my Redmi 8 inside danfo bus in Lagos. I locked it with a written note, including my number.

About a week thereabout, a strange number called and was telling me how he bought my phone in Lafenwa in Abeokuta. But that the phone is locked. I explained everything to him and promised to compensate him if only i can get my phone.

The mumu said no. That he want to return it and get his money back. I asked for the seller contact, he refused. The next day, i received a message that the account has been reset and I can't have access to it any longer. That was how it ended.

Xiaomi can't send you those messages because only you know the account login details, what they do is bypassing the login details but comes with a consequence, like the the network refuse to on or WiFi problems or even sensor problems because those ic that store the xiaomi miui login are also responsible for some sensor
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by stamapro(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
Yes ooo, I hope the technology on xiaomi gets to that stage, so it will put a stop to phone theft

Exactly!
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by KingMack(m): 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
[quote author=Orenike post=115816112]It depends on the phone brand, some android phone brands don't have this type of technology...I only know of xiaomi and Samsung..[/quotei]

Tell me about dem
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by DJSNAKE: 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ernesttoby30:

Seriously i never did. I was even surprised to see that. I was told that Xiaomi security system is not as strong as Iphone.

I still have the phone carton with me up till date

even stronger than icloud

Xiaomi Cloud
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by Gbeng30(m): 12:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
This your phone get speed far, the phone Don reach Cotonou...waiting we no go see for this country
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by uptownemmygee(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2022
excanny:
Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.

You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it.

Exactly
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by yusufmurry: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
RubiesBanking:

Did you at anytime unlock the bootloader?

How is it done?
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by just2endowed: 12:27pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
My stolen redmi note 9s has been located in cotonou thanks to my xiaomi account which tracked the phone...I also was able to lock the phone so the phone is basically useless..

However, I don't know if it's possible to get my phone cry because na this phone I dey take learn online skills before it was stolen cry...

FYI, the phone was stolen at Tafawa balewa Square, Lagos, Nigeria.

you shouldnt have locked the phone.....maybe the thief would have come to lagos to settle then u have the chance to catch him

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by seanwilliam(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Write a message on it that it’s stolen and render the phone useless
Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by GreyLaw(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
atimadesign:
Sounds impressive,I just imagine how these thieves work smartly.. instead of applying the same knowledge to something creative.

Because they are thieves and should never be pitied when caught. They are not sfrwlingnformwant of money or skill or opportunities. They steal because they are thieves and loves stealing.

4 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by uptownemmygee(m): 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
Wahala for who dey use infinix, tecno and itel
I always keep my iphones and Samsung carelessly because I know say who Thief am go still return am with water for eye

6 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by FutureFocus: 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
excanny:
Write a message on it that it was stolen and add your phone number to it. Add kindly return by calling above number.

You can do it on the same xiaomi site where you locked it.

Op! Do this , include a reward of 10,000 CFA

Offer to send someone to get it, acknowledge you are aware it was sold by the thief to him or her.
Give the person soft landing

9 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou by duduebony(f): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2022
Orenike:
My stolen redmi note 9s has been located in cotonou thanks to my xiaomi account which tracked the phone...I also was able to lock the phone so the phone is basically useless..

However, I don't know if it's possible to get my phone cry because na this phone I dey take learn online skills before it was stolen cry...

FYI, the phone was stolen at Tafawa balewa Square, Lagos, Nigeria.

Your phone don waka go where you never reach. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones / Oraimo 27000mah Powerbank Unboxing & Review – Traveler 3 Byte [massive Power]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.