Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars (13583 Views)

US National Debt Exceeds $32 Trillion Amidst Ukraine War Funding / Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever / Ukraine: England, UK On Verge Of Recession As Cost Of Living Surge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Jking20(m): 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2022
gadgethead:
So all to all the entitled family members, spare a thought for your brothers and sisters in the UK. And stop hating on them if they can't send money. No be only Nigeria things are rough

But Obi supporters will be preaching how it's only in Nigeria that things are going tough. I think they need to be current, only so they'll appreciate God for life.

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by gaby(m): 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
[quote author=Christistruth00 post=115804127][/quote]

Tell them to increase the volume on the Russian sanction to completely obliterate their economy na

Abi you don see who dey beat him enemy wey wan kill am remain.

Just finish am off once and for all.

Putin is waiting...

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by PharmacyStore: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
Wow this is serious
Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Allisgud: 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2022
Uk citizen go soon run come naija come huzzle for greener pastures

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by BentizilL: 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2022
osazsky:
oga go to Russia then..una go caurse USA and Europe yet u struggle and wish u where there..I have never seen a black Russian in the Russia national soccer team..I have never seen a black Chinese.. yet u go see ignorant black people defending these 2 countries as if they know anything..a black man can rule any country in Europe or America
Your cry sweet ahswear.. grin cry
Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Bamz(m): 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2022
Departure:
UK inflation dey learn work from Naija inflation cheesy

Are you sure about this?
Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by BentizilL: 10:14pm On Aug 17, 2022
etrange:

I still don't understand the logic behind supporting Russia's invasion of Ukraine. You can hate the West for many reasons, but it doesn't mean you have to support Putin's aggression. If presented with both Russian and American citizenship today, you'd still go for the American. Lol
You should stop saying citizenship shit, it's stale already... Not everyone is begging for western visa... undecided
While you may call Russia military operation an agression, most of us know what lead to it including you unless if you want to act like an hypocrite... lipsrsealed

I hope you're not one of those that justify US and NATO invasion but condemn Russia in Ukraine?? kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by etrange: 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2022
gaby:

I hear you.

Stick to watching CNN and BBC and continue to keep getting fed on their nonsense.

You guys and the formulaic response. We all have access to cable networks and the internet. We all have different sources of information. You don't have exclusive access to any. So just stop parroting the same response. Only those who can't reason for themselves measure the validity of thier position by news outlets. Otherwise, you'd be presenting your facts instead resorting the CNN bullshit. What is your reason for supporting Russia's aggression towards Ukraine since 1994 till date and you're calling CNN. It only shows your dislike for the West is what drives you and not logic.

2 Likes

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by morinto: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
nedekid:

Oboy leave Matta, as for me the UK still de cheaper even though their people de complain. Rent and transport na him cost.
See Chinese of 20 pounds me and madam no fit chop finish. Go Chinese for Naija, you go spend pass 30k grin
LOL I met one one stupid boy in nairaland that have not cross his state arguing about people receiving minimum wage such as cleaner can't afford to buy their own house.

3 Likes

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
Splitmind:
See your saner clime grin

Even Nigeria has never seen inflation like this in its existence.

We thank God for Buhari still.

You never come you dey shout.

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by etrange: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
BentizilL:

You should stop saying citizenship shit, it's stale already... Not everyone is begging for western visa... undecided
While you may call Russia military operation an agression, most of us know what lead to it including you unless if you want to act like an hypocrite... lipsrsealed

I hope you're not one of those that justify US and NATO invasion but condemn Russia in Ukraine?? kiss

99% of you would gladly take a Western visa. You know that is true and if you say otherwise, you'd deceiving yourself. That's the reality. Language aside, places like the middle East have a closed culture (not open to interferences) and as such, you'd never fit in regardless of how long you stay there. I have stayed in the middle East and I stay in the West now. I know where I felt free and more integrated. But that's a different discussion.

This Russian aggression did not just start in 2022. It has been there since 1994. But narrowing down to the latest invasion, tell me what led to it. I am curious cause when it happened, Putin said it was a peacekeeping mission. Then it was about Ukraine wanting to join NATO. And finally, it's about Russia wanting to "liberate" a certain part of Ukraine and declare it independence. So which one is it exactly?

And why is it that each time y'all are asked to present your reason for supporting Russia, you say the US invaded other countries. So Ukrainians deserve to suffer because of the atrocities of the US? How does that logic work? So if Egypt invades Nigeria today, it's OK because the US has invaded some countries in the past? Is it not obvious that you guys are not able to keep anti-West sentiment aside when judging the Ukraine/Russia War? I don't need to be a US fanboy to criticize the invasion. I am neither American nor Russian.
Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by gaby(m): 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2022
etrange:

You guys and the formulaic response. We all have access to cable networks and the internet. We all have different sources of information. You don't have exclusive access to any. So just stop parroting the same response. Only those who can't reason for themselves measure the validity of thier position by news outlets. Otherwise, you'd be presenting your facts instead resorting the CNN bullshit. What is your reason for supporting Russia's aggression towards Ukraine since 1994 till date and you're calling CNN. It only shows your dislike for the West is what drives you and not logic.

You obviously are out for someone to rant at...no be me and you my friend...waka go front abeg.

Russia's aggression towards Ukraine, you asked?

You must have been a foetus in your momma's cocoon during your West's friendly visit to Iraq.

Abeg I no get time for you...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Pacesetter123(m): 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2022
When I told them here that the sanction won't hurt Russian economy alone, that it will reach all the countries that sanctioned them also, some social media economy analysts here said that it's only Russia cos no one will buy their oil n gas again.That their economy will just fall like a pack of cards within one month.I hope they can now see it, that you can't sanction a developed country n av de desired results.
You can only sanction third world countries like Nigeria, Somalia,Niger, Afghanistan, Bolivia,etc n achieve ur aim immediately cos we import virtually everything including common thing like toothpicks and even the water we drink is imported.
Recently,we have started importing termites to be eating our public funds.
Those are the class of countries you can sanctioned and not a technologically and economically advanced country like Russia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by VULCAN(m): 11:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
The illiterate doesn't understand the figures. Loll.

Nigeria's inflation is officially 3 times this.

While the value of the Naira has been destroyed by APC.

For an import dependent country that exports little behind crude that is a calamity worse than a tsunami.

Vote for Peter Obi so that Nigeria can begin to reverse and become a Producing Nation

Splitmind:

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Pacesetter123(m): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2022
etrange:

I still don't understand the logic behind supporting Russia's invasion of Ukraine. You can hate the West for many reasons, but it doesn't mean you have to support Putin's aggression. If presented with both Russian and American citizenship today, you'd still go for the American. Lol
That means you have been left behind if you don't still understand the logic behind the support.

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by etrange: 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
gaby:

You obviously are out for someone to rant at...no be me and you my friend...waka go front abeg.

Russia's aggression towards Ukraine, you asked?

You must have been a foetus in your momma's cocoon during your West's friendly visit to Iraq.

Abeg I no get time for you...

Same old story. So if Egypt invades Nigeria, it's OK because the US invaded Iraq? How does that logic work? Ukrainians deserve to suffer because of the atrocities of the US? Like I said, it's not logic that drives you. What drives you is your anti-West sentiment. Otherwise, you'd have seen how illogical you sound when you say you're OK with Russian aggression to their neighbors because the US in North America has invaded another country in the past.

2 Likes

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by etrange: 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2022
Pacesetter123:

That means you have been left behind if you don't still understand the logic behind the support.

You didn't say anything worth engaging.

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Babalola0920: 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2022
Parachoko:
The sanction is not affecting Russia alone.

No one lies better than the christain country which America seems to be there head they are so diluted with lies and conspiracy RUSSIA has told them they will be hit more with the sanctions than he will felt it now that's happening throughout the world

Also they did the same to ghadafi
Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by elijahkayode(m): 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2022
#Democracy Vs #Communism
Demoncracy really destroy #Africa
Kudos to #Modern #Russia and #China
America is DemonCrazy and unfit (Biden) to be the leader of the free People (Republic)

It's impossible for Government to care %100 for the people under Democracy due to 100 of Part jostling for political Power through Divide & Rule
(the people are left helpless due to politics division of hatred in the politics meant to unite & serve the people)

#Communism easily run at %100 due to Hardwork and Unity of the people to make the Government run for the common Good of the People
China as second economy after Us a a deliberate results of the People Unity and that unity is What Demoncrazy is trying to destroy with politics of division & hate

leaders can't go corrupt under Communism because they can easily be prosecuted by the people, 1.3 billion can't coexist I'm China unless there's Unity,
Think what will China be like under Demoncrazy with so many Warlords fighting for Power through Divide and Rule

Africa Unity is what Demoncrazy is here to destroy, Demoncrazy works through division and the people must realise this
Unity of the people over politics of democracy

"#God punishment to #Mankind in the old testament was to divide Man through Language
In Layman Terms God destroy Man unity to work as One Government)

Demoncrazy,Crazy Demon, Demonstration of Crazy, Crazy Demonstration, the people will go Crazy as time goes on think
the demoncrazy government is there to drive the human soul crazy, just imagine the trauma, weariness hundreds millions Citizen are going through with terrorist bloodshed, massacre abduction,bandit, inflation, herdsmen, unknown gunman, Ruga, Cama, and all other evil things under Buhari lead Nigeria Still Agdbado wey dey shake still want to Rule

the gullible will surely go crazy as time goes on from Plantain boy to Styl Plus to Zazu of the current generation, it's obvious Africa(Nigeria is degenerating under our watch yet they Kill Fela for speaking truth to Demoncrazy

Ok let's talk American democracy they want to destroy Trump for Jan 6 yet Biden laptop is public Knowledge,election corruption, inflation destroy worldwide economy when NATO can easily say Ukraine is forbidden in NATO military alliance and there will be peace
invite an America and he will tell you the evil division Cheny and the democrats are doing just to maintain power
Democrat think they have Freedom do they ever imagine what life feels for the %75 of the people who Left/Democrat/media/elite paints as orange man bad
Jan 6 is a result of the people collective grievance at the elite in Washington

#America success is built on freedom of the People take away the freedom then all you have left is an oppressive system where power can be under a few entitled people (the elite/oligarch as they are called)
the elites use Money to empower hatred and division

A few class of people cant be allowed to make decisions that impart hundred of millions of lives
A Government can only care for the people if justice & Fairness is enshrined in the Constitution.
the #elite must stop interfering Politics of the people

#Elite are the few entitled People who feel like they can make decisions for the better of the the Country and its obvious this elite only care for power

#Africa Will support #China & #Russia takeover cause America is Crazy
After So many years America can't help us cause A strong Africa is a risk to their Hegemony
#Africa stands Sovereign and we are looking for ways to transition to a more Disciplined Government based on Fairness and equal representation of the People, no division through Class & politics no elite to take undue advantage of the system of the people

communism
/ˈkɒmjʊnɪz(ə)m/
noun
a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs.
#SouthNigeria

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by gaby(m): 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2022
etrange:

Same old story. So if Egypt invades Nigeria, it's OK because the US invaded Iraq? How does that logic work? Ukrainians deserve to suffer because of the atrocities of the US? Like I said, it's not logic that drives you. What drives you is your anti-West sentiment. Otherwise, you'd have seen how illogical you sound when you say you're OK with Russian aggression to their neighbors because the US in North America has invaded another country in the past.

You be ekpa....

Who sanctions your west when they go on there friendly visit of mayhem on other countries?

The relics of their most recent friendly visits are still there in Syria and Libya which had spilled into Nigeria. Who sanctioned them?

If you truly had a loamy grey matter in that skull of yours to qualify as someone who is rational over unfounded emotions in his analysis you would have been able to understand that Ukrainians goofed or were conned into electing a comedian in the mould of Mr Ibu for a leader. An error that has only succeeded in turning their country into the theatre of a proxy cold war of the superpowers.

If your head was finely screwed on, you would have been sensible enough to realise that Russia being able to withstand these gang-up is a testament to the fact that no man or nation is an Island and that it is a good thing to see how inter-dependent we all are after all whoich is a good thing in terms of policing one another.

I'd prefer you stopped mentioning or quoting me because I dont have the time to banter with airheads who revel in their ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Shascky33: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Waw. Effect of brexit cum war in Ukraine. Germany economy remains strong as ever.
1. Uniper Just announced a loss of abt 12.3 billion euro.
2. Germany facing the worst energy disaster due to her over reliance on russian energy.
3.Germany facing a potential GDP crunch due to reduced industrial activities as house holds and hospitals are protected by law and prioritised in Robert Habeck's gas rationing plan.
4. Russia delivering abt just 10% of the initial amount of gas it usually exports thereby stopping germany from filling her underground reserve against winter and raising energy prices by more than 300%.

and you are busy commenting rubish. No go read.

2 Likes

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Shascky33: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2022
jimetagambo:

Lol. It's 19% in Nigeria and 1 pounds is still almost 1,000 thousand naira.

Russia's economy contracted 4% in the last quarter compared to Britain's 0.4%, and Inflation rate in Russia is over 15%. Everybody is chopping the breakfast.
If UK or GERMANY chop russia kind of sanction, dem go vapourise. Russia is doing far better than expected as Western economists predicted 20-30 percent crunch in russia's gdp by year end and so far unemployment rate is just about 4.6 percent for last month. Russia cant be swept away, Russia no be Afghanistan or DPRK.

2 Likes

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Shascky33: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2022
osazsky:
oga go to Russia then..una go caurse USA and Europe yet u struggle and wish u where there..I have never seen a black Russian in the Russia national soccer team..I have never seen a black Chinese.. yet u go see ignorant black people defending these 2 countries as if they know anything..a black man can rule any country in Europe or America
China and Russia didnt enslave your ancestors, that explains why there are very little blacks over there. Most of the Blacks in Europe and Us are those who couldnt find diem way back to their ancestral homes or atleast dumped in freetown and monroevia, no be everybody for nairaland be olodo.

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by etrange: 12:18am On Aug 18, 2022
gaby:

You be ekpa....

Who sanctions your west when they go on there friendly visit of mayhem on other countries?

The relics of their most recent friendly visits are still there in Syria and Libya which had spilled into Nigeria. Who sanctioned them?

If you truly had a loamy grey matter in that skull of yours to qualify as someone who is rational over unfounded emotions in his analysis you would have been able to understand that Ukrainians goofed or were conned into electing a comedian in the mould of Mr Ibu for a leader. An error that has only succeeded in turning their country into the theatre of a proxy cold war of the superpowers.

If your head was finely screwed on, you would have been sensible enough to realise that Russia being able to withstand these gang-up is a testament to the fact that no man or nation is an Island and that it is a good thing to see how inter-dependent we all are after all whoich is a good thing in terms of policing one another.

I'd prefer you stopped mentioning or quoting me because I dont have the time to banter with airheads who revel in their ignorance.

It's amazing how you managed to write multiple paragraphs without giving a single justification for the invasion. I asked what justifies this invasion and you're calling names and telling me about the atrocities of other nations. I ask you again, if Egypt invades Nigeria, would you support them on the basis of "who sanctions the West when they invade another country"? We can talk about different invasions in the past including the ones done by the US and the ones done by this Russia you're supporting, and I'd gladly share my view on each. However, disapproving these invasions does not have a bearing on my stance in the Russia/Ukraine war cause Ukrainians are not responsible for whatever grudges I might have with the US. I don't have to be a fan of America to criticize Russia. That's placing sentimental attachment over logic. Putin's war in Russia is absurd unjustified regardless of how you want to view it. You know this, and that's why y'all always go "what about the US". If there was any logical reason to invade Ukraine, you wouldn't be talking about the US.

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by gaby(m): 12:22am On Aug 18, 2022
etrange:

It's amazing how you managed to write multiple paragraphs without giving a single justification for the invasion. I asked what justifies this invasion and you're calling names and telling me about the atrocities of other nations. I ask you again, if Egypt invades Nigeria, would you support them on the basis of "who sanctions the West when they invade another country"? We can talk about different invasions in the past including the ones done by the US and the ones done by this Russia you're supporting, and I'd gladly share my view on each. However, disapproving these invasions does not have a bearing on my stance in the Russia/Ukraine war cause Ukrainians are not responsible for whatever grudges I might have with the US. I don't have to be a fan of America to criticize Russia. That's placing sentimental attachment over logic. Putin's war in Russia is absurd unjustified regardless of how you want to view it. You know this, and that's why y'all always go "what about the US". If there was any logical reason to invade Ukraine, you wouldn't be talking about the US.

But a sanction on Russian citizens over a " Putin war" is justified in your hypocrisy.

Kindly stop mentioning or quoting me.
I have a lot of facts and figures to educate and puncture all of your silly postulations here but I do not have the time to engage someone like you in that regard.

I dont banter words or debate with your likes, please.

Move on, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:24am On Aug 18, 2022
Splitmind:

Like this abi?

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Shascky33: 12:25am On Aug 18, 2022
etrange:

Not everybody whorships the west and it's not our fault that your brain have been completely wire taped and indoctrinated by pro western media to keep defending their imperialistic hegemony which hav'nt brought any meaningful development to africa bt rather sees africa as a ground for industrial exploitation through purchase of cheap raw materials to grow their industries and making you import dependent and crippling your struggling young industries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by jimetagambo: 12:30am On Aug 18, 2022
Shascky33:

If UK or GERMANY chop russia kind of sanction, dem go vapourise. Russia is doing far better than expected as Western economists predicted 20-30 percent crunch in russia's gdp by year end and so far unemployment rate is just about 4.6 percent for last month. Russia cant be swept away, Russia no be Afghanistan or DPRK.
10% was the prediction. It's not year end, but it has already shrunk 4%.

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by jimetagambo: 12:36am On Aug 18, 2022
Shascky33:

China and Russia didnt enslave your ancestors, that explains why there are very little blacks over there. Most of the Blacks in Europe and Us are those who couldnt find diem way back to their ancestral homes or atleast dumped in freetown and monroevia, no be everybody for nairaland be olodo.
They are very very very racist in those countries. Is it China where they sometimes cover their nose when a black man enters a train, bus or elevator

Or is it Russia where they hold Nazi parades.

Abeg.

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Shascky33: 12:47am On Aug 18, 2022
etrange:

You are just a blockhead that will never understand. If you don't understand the future consequence of ukraine's pro western stance lemme give you two.
1. Ukraine is the easiest route to invade russia.
2. The azov batallion was outlawed in europe as an ultra nationalist group. The have been responsible for killing russian minorities who are majority in dombass bt 2day are celebrated as heroes 4 defending NATO interest.

Go read ahbeg, you are too dumb to argue global politics.

2 Likes

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by Shascky33: 12:51am On Aug 18, 2022
jimetagambo:

They are very very very racist in those countries. Is it China where they sometimes cover their nose when a black man enters a train, bus or elevator

Or is it Russia where they hold Nazi parades.

Abeg.
Keep watching ur american film and cnn ahbeg. No be me go cure your boredom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Julius Maada Bio,elected As Sierra Leone President / US: Judge In Trump's Civil Fraud Case Faces 'bomb Threat' At Home / Some Memorable Quotes Of George Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.