Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars (13589 Views)

US National Debt Exceeds $32 Trillion Amidst Ukraine War Funding / Heat Wave: UK exceeds 40°C For The First Time Ever / Ukraine: England, UK On Verge Of Recession As Cost Of Living Surge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by jimetagambo: 12:54am On Aug 18, 2022
Shascky33:

Keep watching ur american film and cnn ahbeg. No be me go cure your boredom.
grin grin grin
Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by etrange: 1:28am On Aug 18, 2022
Shascky33:

You are just a blockhead that will never understand. If you don't understand the future consequence of ukraine's pro western stance lemme give you two.
1. Ukraine is the easiest route to invade russia.
2. The azov batallion was outlawed in europe as an ultra nationalist group. The have been responsible for killing russian minorities who are majority in dombass bt 2day are celebrated as heroes 4 defending NATO interest.

Go read ahbeg, you are too dumb to argue global politics.

At least, you're off the path of "the US has done it before". Regarding your points:

1) Ukraine is the easiest route to invade Russia. How is is this a reason to invade the country? Are you making reference to the proposed NATO membership? Russia invaded Ukraine when NATO has not even accepted the country. NATO had not gotten the unanimous vote to take in Ukraine (and would probably never get it) when Russia invaded the country and termed it peacekeeping. Besides, virtually all Russia's neighbors are NATO members already. But let's keep these aside, let's assume that was really the issue, the Ukrainian president has said more than once that they'd only join EU and drop the idea of NATO. So this NATO excuse is no longer valid.

2) The claim that these Russian speaking Ukrainians are killed in Ukraine is yet to be proved. Yes, they were internal crisis and they identified as the targets/victims just like Biafrans do in Nigeria. This does not in any way give Putin the right to invade the country except you're telling me these Russian speaking Ukrainians are Putin's responsibility (which would imply he never really accepted them being part of Ukraine). Fact is, Russian speaking minorities in Ukraine are Ukrainians as Yoruba speaking people in Benin Republic are Beninese. Therefore, invading a sovereign country is neither a solution nor Russia's responsibility. We have Hausas in Niger, Yorubas, etc. If these sets of people were to have issues in their countries, Nigeria's move would not be to disintegrate country on the basis of linguistic affiliation except, of course, if we've always had plans to take back certain parts of these countries. Let's not lie to ourselves, Putin has always wanted to get back these part of Ukraine from day one. First, it was Crimea and now DONBAS. We've seen his top military man say it. Ukraine is doing exactly what any country would do. No country in this world would ever sit back and watch another country disseminate it for any reason. None.

I'll ignore all the name calling. I take it you guys don't know how to presents your argument free of fallacy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by etrange: 1:30am On Aug 18, 2022
Shascky33:

Not everybody whorships the west and it's not our fault that your brain have been completely wire taped and indoctrinated by pro western media to keep defending their imperialistic hegemony which hav'nt brought any meaningful development to africa bt rather sees africa as a ground for industrial exploitation through purchase of cheap raw materials to grow their industries and making you import dependent and crippling your struggling young industries.

I asked the justification of Russia's aggression towards Ukraine and you wrote a paragraph attacking the West. You guys are incorrigible. The West might be a beast, but I'm sorry, you're not addressing the question. Leave it for those who have something to say about the war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by etrange: 1:35am On Aug 18, 2022
gaby:

But a sanction on Russian citizens over a " Putin war" is justified in your hypocrisy.

Kindly stop mentioning or quoting me.
I have a lot of facts and figures to educate and puncture all of your silly postulations here but I do not have the time to engage someone like you in that regard.

I dont banter words or debate with your likes, please.

Move on, thanks.

Again, you did not answer the question. You are busy attacking the US and West. Whether they're justified or not does directly justify Putin. If I tell you yes, the US is a beast, how does that make it right for Putin to invade Ukraine? If all you can do is to keep mentioning where the US has gone wrong, then it's obvious you can't come up with logical points to back up Putin's war. You cannot justify A's aggression towards B on the basis that C is a hypocrite. That's not how logic works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by nedekid: 1:49am On Aug 18, 2022
Allisgud:
Uk citizen go soon run come naija come huzzle for greener pastures
Oga, I doubt ohh. Nna Nigeria na hellfire abeg. E bad e bad, e still better pass naija.
Eg shop I entered and bought a pack of bottled water for 3.50, the Asian said last week it cost 1.50, well people have the option of drinking tap water which is still better than our own pure water.
Increase in diesel cost has made transportation more expensive as that is what is used to power trucks that move consumer goods.
Despite that, I assure you say e still better pass for here. I know about 3 naija families weh just come here rent houses for 2-3 months just to clear their head.
My bloda, if you fit afford am, once in a while leave Naija relocate small, even if na 2 weeks, take am clear your head.
I pass doha for Qatar, omo, I just de shake head, I see that train Lagos, porth Harcourt, don de build for how long, Nna the train de move inside airport taminal shocked ewo, when I see train inside house, I Wan run, madam hold my hand, say stand! Be a man! grin (sic).

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by BentizilL: 2:25am On Aug 18, 2022
etrange:

99% of you would gladly take a Western visa. You know that is true and if you say otherwise, you'd deceiving yourself. That's the reality. Language aside, places like the middle East have a closed culture (not open to interferences) and as such, you'd never fit in regardless of how long you stay there. I have stayed in the middle East and I stay in the West now. I know where I felt free and more integrated. But that's a different discussion.
What

This Russian aggression did not just start in 2022. It has been there since 1994. But narrowing down to the latest invasion, tell me what led to it. I am curious cause when it happened, Putin said it was a peacekeeping mission. Then it was about Ukraine wanting to join NATO. And finally, it's about Russia wanting to "liberate" a certain part of Ukraine and declare it independence. So which one is it exactly?

And why is it that each time y'all are asked to present your reason for supporting Russia, you say the US invaded other countries. So Ukrainians deserve to suffer because of the atrocities of the US? How does that logic work? So if Egypt invades Nigeria today, it's OK because the US has invaded some countries in the past? Is it not obvious that you guys are not able to keep anti-West sentiment aside when judging the Ukraine/Russia War? I don't need to be a US fanboy to criticize the invasion. I am neither American nor Russian.
Come off it and stop sounding emotional, I don't care about that sh*t.. Don't put language aside because it changed everything... We're more western centric and moving there mainly because of the language barrier.. Each country has it own rules and law, so don't expect to be treated like king when you do shit in middle east or expect them to change their way of life because you're living there... cheesy

The goal has been clear from the beginning...
Accept LPR and DPR as independent and declare neutrality never to join NATO... And I believe Russia has the right to aid DPR and LPR in their fight for independent after all Kosovo set the pace for it...
I don't need to explain what happen in 2014 to you, no time for that... And also stop saying 1994 of how Ukraine transfer their nuclear weapons to Russia, I'm tired of listening to that... Russia controlled the codes needed to operate the nuclear weapons through electronic Permissive Action Links and the Russian command and control system, they're Russia's in the first place... cool

Who ask whether you're America or Russia? Spare me all those your rants about anti-west sentiment in judging the Russia special military operation...
Where were you when US and it NATO allies bombed Serbia to carve out Kosovo? NATO set the pace with Kosovo, Russia was only following their part with Donbass... Even UN secretary general couldn't find an answer to that because that's the truth... tongue
Maybe you can tell me the difference between Kosovo and Donbass...
Meanwhile this is what Time magazine had to say about the massive bombing of the Serbs...
Just like the Serb, a massive bombing will make way for peace in Donbass... kiss

2 Likes

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by uvie66: 2:59am On Aug 18, 2022
nedekid:

How I take write as child? Una too get big mouth.
I simply said my observation that things for me comparable to Nigeria is still cheaper. Things like food. Although people in the UK still de complain.
Watin come bring the issue of child and sucking breast for God's sake? Abi na your money I de spend?
the thing weak me my brother, this is your personal opinion, I personally go to the supermarket in the UK when it is about to close to get some seriously discounted food products, and if one's mortgage is fixed you travel around London on a scooter or bicycle then you can sail through this inflation rise seamlessly.

1 Like

Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by nedekid: 3:40am On Aug 18, 2022
BentizilL:

Come off it and stop sounding emotional, I don't care about that sh*t.. Don't put language aside because it changed everything... We're more western centric and moving there mainly because of the language barrier.. Each country has it own rules and law, so don't expect to be treated like king when you do shit in middle east or expect them to change their way of life because you're living there... cheesy

The goal has been clear from the beginning...
Accept LPR and DPR as independent and declare neutrality never to join NATO... And I believe Russia has the right to aid DPR and LPR in their fight for independent after all Kosovo set the pace for it...
I don't need to explain what happen in 2014 to you, no time for that... And also stop saying 1994 of how Ukraine transfer their nuclear weapons to Russia, I'm tired of listening to that... Russia controlled the codes needed to operate the nuclear weapons through electronic Permissive Action Links and the Russian command and control system, they're Russia's in the first place... cool

Who ask whether you're America or Russia? Spare me all those your rants about anti-west sentiment in judging the Russia special military operation...
Where were you when US and it NATO allies bombed Serbia to carve out Kosovo? NATO set the pace with Kosovo, Russia was only following their part with Donbass... Even UN secretary general couldn't find an answer to that because that's the truth... tongue
Maybe you can tell me the difference between Kosovo and Donbass...
Meanwhile this is what Time magazine had to say about the massive bombing of the Serbs...
Just like the Serb, a massive bombing will make way for peace in Donbass... kiss

Well said.
Re: UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars by AlphaTaikun: 11:53pm On Aug 28, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Julius Maada Bio,elected As Sierra Leone President / US: Judge In Trump's Civil Fraud Case Faces 'bomb Threat' At Home / Canned Fresh Air For Sale In China By Multimillionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.