Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

What Do You Do When You're Depressed? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Do When You're Depressed? (17732 Views)

5 Foods To Eat Every Day If You're Depressed / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed / Having Dry Throat And Sharp Pains. Feeling Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
Itohanmiwa:
OP it is very simple. Just start jogging on the mornings you feel confused and uninspired to do anything that day, that's how it normally begins. Adopt a very active and healthy lifestyle and avoid masturbation. Me have sha been battling with stopping weed, but most times when I feel uninspired and forget the advise I gave u up there, when I smoke in the morning I tend to always fall back to sync. If there is any strategy anyone can offer me in quitting weed I will be forever grateful.

weeed that peopple want to learn, you want to quit. except you are not getting the real weed
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Thunday1005(m): 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
Stroll out then look for one of my old friends to gist with
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Harrykn: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Promote vawulence among 2 people to entertain myself

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by DonCrack: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
I must say that life can take an unexpected turn and make things unbearable.

I was depressed for the better half of my year 200l to 400l. I still wonder how I got through that impossible phase.

Now I slip in and out of depression, but I haven't found a way to manage it properly.

How do you manage depression?

Listen to our Love Cycle program on Saturday by 8pm and you will get an answer to your issue..

Kindly join our telegram channel with the link below and you will get an answer 'Live on our streaming platform.

https:///hgsmediaplus_tv
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Brunicekid(m): 5:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
By understanding and living life knowing that nothing in this life is bigger than God..

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by NNEVERAGAINN: 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
I must say that life can take an unexpected turn and make things unbearable.

I was depressed for the better half of my year 200l to 400l. I still wonder how I got through that impossible phase.

Now I slip in and out of depression, but I haven't found a way to manage it properly.

How do you manage depression?
There's no better way to manage depression but by the grace of God. Go download PDF book on THE SEARCH FOR HAPPINESS.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by MysticM2022: 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
It takes the special grace of God to come out of depression n that's why you need to guard your heart at all times.
Do not give in to societal pressure.
Take your decision as it pleases you and above all allow God be your guide because at the end of it all, no one really cares.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Invictus2214: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
Don't loud it,suicide
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by yemmit90: 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
owunabastard:
Just have it in mind that life is temporary, enjoy and appreciate nature. For me this depression of a thing is what westerners use to confuse we Africans. Nothing like depression in Africa before the advent of Internet and social medias. Some people foolishly believe they are lagging behind among their mates. Not everything you see on facebook is the true situation of many people.
Know what you like doing and do it. Do not listens to people opinions once you are not hurting anybody. Remember life is too short. Get yourself happy. Never compare yourself with any asshole

Exactly.

Civilization is great but has taken the precious joy of a natural man.

People hardly take life serious, their wants and needs are quite limited and within their reach. They don't dream more than their capacity like a modern man. They admires luxury life but don't go extra mile to get it. Society respected a little beginning and hard work. There was joy everywhere without discrimination among social classes. There were probably two classes in the society then, the elites and the masses. The middle class were regarded as educated people who barely have more economic advantage over the rest.

The above was Nigeria before 2000.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Hawkler: 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
temitope27:
Carry ashewo
The unavailability of the money is the cause of depression...abi ashawao na free. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by BESTScientist1: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
You're soooooooooooo naughty

VeryWickedMan:
Promote vawulence among 2 people to entertain myself
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Lepionnier: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
Open earbuds and listen to some marathon juice wrld
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
OscarJaden:
I don't even know when last i had a genuine smile....

Everyday with it challenges
60% of Nigerians are depressed
Politicians are the most depressed people.Especially when they lose an election after taking loans to fund their campaign.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Qwi1: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Sexxx
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
I take hypertension drugs to relax my BP.It works sometimes.But I try to walk around.Na lack of money dey cause my depression most times.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by temitope27(m): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hawkler:

The unavailability of the money is the cause of depression...abi ashawao na free. Lol
ashawo na 2500, my depression is not lack of money but not doing something tangible with my life

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by donMIG(m): 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hit my playlist
Listen to some nice jams
Play efootball
Eat sleep
Problem no dei finish
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2022
Gohs:

Depression is a spirit.
Pray against it without stopping — might take 3 years of daily prayer to get lasting results, I don't know but prayer works at the end.

Ask God to send His warrior angels against spirits causing depression for you in Jesus name.

Ask God to open your eyes to the doorway the spirit used to enter your life.

Note:
Spirits must have a legal ground before they can stay in someone's life — this is a spiritual law.

The legal ground might be from family lineage, sin, interactions with some witches etc.

Keep praying till God himself convinces you of the doorway (s) .

Close this doorway with the blood of Jesus Christ and avoid sin to keep those spirits from trying to come back.
God bless you and keep you in Jesus name, AMEN.
Una don start
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Bahamas95(m): 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
1. I listen to country music, it gives me goosebumps. There's something magical about country music that makes me relax and forget my worries.

2. I hang out with children, most especially toddlers.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
If you are watching television and hearing how bandits Fulani herdsmen kidnapped and slaughter a community for hours without security presence.
The next day Buhari will fly out of the country for security summit.
Couple with corruption under his watch and his nonchalant attitude to his bad governance,you are bound to be depressed.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
owunabastard:
Just have it in mind that life is temporary, enjoy and appreciate nature. For me this depression of a thing is what westerners use to confuse we Africans. Nothing like depression in Africa before the advent of Internet and social medias. Some people foolishly believe they are lagging behind among their mates. Not everything you see on facebook is the true situation of many people.
Know what you like doing and do it. Do not listens to people opinions once you are not hurting anybody. Remember life is too short. Get yourself happy. Never compare yourself with any asshole
When dem born you wey you know pass the ancestors?
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Saibits(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
I listen to music or watch football
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by chiamalinda: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Rebirth212: 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2022
OperationalVehi:
this one will kuku kill person earlier
hahahahah
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by zubito(m): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Here me and hear me well: if you practice these three principles, I can guarantee you won't be depressed again:

a. Accept life as it is presently: you're depressed because you're struggling to change the things you can't change. It's not your fault that life is messed up.

b. Don't be judgemental: learn to view issues from multiple perspectives without condemning.

Don't complain or whine: life happens to every one. You come across as weak and uncourageous when you complain.

Postscript: Join quora and thank me later, it's insanely enlightening. Read the 'desideratum' on Google. It'll help too. And finally focus your mind on the blessings/positives in your life.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by sarcasticlala(m): 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
You need to know Andrew cobra tate
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Fabulouslouie(m): 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
I appreciate each and everyone of y'all for your contributions.

I go jogging most times and talk a walk. These two are my favourite.

When I'm depressed or down I tend to write poems. It eases my mind too.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
I cry like a baby and sleep

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Kingdollar28(m): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2022
beyondPen:

Smoking weed brings more depression and it would not take it away forget people saying that. Been there, done it.

When weed is in your system you are not in control.
My advice is to smoke it only at night. Avoid morning weed and notice how you operate in the day without it.

Pure Truth bro

I'm a witness
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by macrodata(m): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2022
Na haircut dey calm me down. Also, I start to sing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WHO’s Hydroxychloroquine Trial Suspended Pending Safety Data / Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience / Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.