Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World (23202 Views)

My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso / Nigeria’s Election Badly Flawed, INEC Failed, Says Financial Times Of London / Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by henryobinna(m): 6:13am On Aug 18, 2022
plaindealer:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/indonesia.postsen.com/world/amp/65741

grin
When Europeans and Americans write about cities or countries that are not their's, they just write anything they feel like. With the case of cities in Africa they take that up a notch with a sprinkle of racism borne out of ignorance of the city they're writing about.

Which one is war? What war is going on in Lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Theunbothered: 6:14am On Aug 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Exactly. The ones that’ll argue ignorantly have little to no international exposure.

All those ones are comparing Lagos to their village in Ekiti. grin

Those of us with working passports know the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Theunbothered: 6:17am On Aug 18, 2022
plaindealer:
Talking about Nigerians helping them to peddle the lies and fabricated narratives, the topic was edited and an ugly picture of Lagos was inserted by a mod.

Shey we no get wonderful and beautiful pictures of Lagos to show?

Beats me why we help and assist these foreign entities to cosign their evil narratives.

This is just too sad.
josephevergreen:
Lagos is for the brave!��

I have been in lagos for some years now..is not as bad as they paint it please.

Omonile na them the frostrate our hustles here.

Taskforce (agberos ) for commercial drivers ..

Traffic in lagos is considered as normal now considering the population and land mass.

henryobinna:
When Europeans and Americans write about cities or countries that are not their's, they just write anything they feel like. With the case of cities in Africa they take that up a notch with a sprinkle of racism borne out of ignorance of the city they're writing about.

Have any of you left Nigeria before?

1 Like

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by plaindealer: 6:18am On Aug 18, 2022
henryobinna:

The report is very comedic, laughable, ignorant and sad at the same time, they obviously did not do any research, not even the most basic understanding of the environment they wrote about.

They just typed and published what they imagined about a third-world society, it's very typical.

3 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 18, 2022
OkCornel:

Because they are from a country where the standard of living is better compared to Nigeria.

No need to live in denial of this.
that's not even remotely close. Because they're not used to the way of life in that particular place doesn't mean the place is garbage. The Kuwait city they're saying is not good enough for them is it not better than a lot of cities in Europe? Lagos, especially Lagos island is better than a lot of cities in Europe.

1 Like

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by plaindealer: 6:20am On Aug 18, 2022
Theunbothered:

Have any of you left Nigeria before?

Do you mean when I leave Nigeria, I will see war, conflict and terrorism in Lagos?

Seems some of you walk on your brains.

2 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by olaniyilukman(m): 6:21am On Aug 18, 2022
nastyesco:
These rubbishing indexes all over the internet. Lagos is liveable, where do cities like Bangkok, Delhi rank on it. Its high time we also start producing our own rankings.

I dedicate this post to my ex-girlfriend Labake, I go to bed praying your husband leaves you or japa and gets stuck abroad so I can continue harvesting you grin smiley
This your prayer get K-leg oh, I doubt if God will accept such prayer. You are praying for dissolution in other's marriage just for you to continue knacking, na God go give you Akpako

2 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Theunbothered: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2022
plaindealer:

Do you mean when I leave Nigeria, I will see war, conflict and terrorism in Lagos?

Seems some of you walk on your brains.

Answer the question first and stop acting like a child.
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Antoeni(m): 6:24am On Aug 18, 2022
Imagine

2 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by anonimi: 6:24am On Aug 18, 2022
Mynd44:
That entire report is on the south side of intelligent

Have you read the entire report from the Economist Intelligence Unit (EUI)?

https://www.eiu.com/

What were the specific elements therein for your south side of intelligent conclusion

2 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Maxxim: 6:27am On Aug 18, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
LAGOS IS THE WORST CITY ON EARTH.

MOSQUITO Alone in that state is as big as a Bird.

its in lagos i found out mosquito can actually eat through your window net just to bite u.

Sniper dont work on them
Shey you don try mosquito repellent nets?
I'm sure that one works
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 18, 2022
Wintertime:
Rubbish.. I wonder how people claim their
Look at how a tribe threatened non-indigine(non Yorubas) in Lagos
A Lagos that has only sea port and depends on Niger Delta oil full time

That's to tell you if that tribe has oil in their land.. you can never ever be allowed to step in that land

Overrated slum are u serious? Lagos is a blessing to many tribes. Before you diss Lagos, remember many come to Lagos and become a somebody . When they know very well that they were a nobody in their State of origin. They were not even considered to even a chief in their town.. do not diss Lagos if you cannot hustle

This country should just quickly divide

All those useless fat idiotic leaders from the Niger Delta region suppose to speed up infrastructure ..
Niger Delta oil is a gift from God. And must be contribute for development of the region

Fvck 13% allocation,

Fvck the stupid pauper leaders of the Niger Delta

Fvck one Nigeria

God bless Niger Delta

God bless Biafra

I don't live in Lagos please quote me with experience in Lagos

1. Noted

1 Like

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Realtalk20: 6:33am On Aug 18, 2022
plaindealer:

Ignorant man, agbero is a legal profession, not war, not terrorism or conflict, agbero are all over Nigeria even in your state so stop sounding like an uneducated ignorant.

So, one man was killed in Lagos means war, conflict and terrorism? is your head even wrapped tight?

65,000 people died from gun violence every year in America, so is America a terrorists state?

They recorded over 600 mass shootings in the US last year so do you mean there's war, conflict and terrorism in America.?

Ignorant and self loathing Africans label themselves with rubbish the western world won't even touch themselves with, even though they perpetrate the worst atrocities in their societies.

Talk about ignorance and mental slavery.

I gave example of just one case !!
One man wa skilled? Do you know how may dead bodies turn up in Lagos daily ?

Look stop being sentimental and grow up

1 Like

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by meobizy(f): 6:33am On Aug 18, 2022
So the Black A-xe- killings which take place every other day are the definition of what? Some days people are holed up for weeks because one gang is at war with another. What will you say about markets where one is sure of a painful death if a malicious person calls him a thief? Getting robbed in one’s car while in commute is what?

Lagos is a jungle. One can’t tell me otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Trueprophet91: 6:34am On Aug 18, 2022
SmartPolician:
I guess the idiots who did the ranking did it from their kitchens while making omelette or on top of their wives in the oza room without knowing where the city is because those factors show that they know ZILCH about Lagos. undecided

On a serious note, I think it's because of Nigerians who seek asylum in foreign countries using Boko Haram terrorism as excuse. If you see what fellow Nigerians say out there just to get work permit outside this country, you will understand why Nigeria has no good image.

If Nigeria had a good image they wouldn't be seeking 'asylum' in the first place
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by plaindealer: 6:37am On Aug 18, 2022
Theunbothered:

Answer the question first and stop acting like a child.

What's leaving Nigeria got to do with the topic.

Go and sit down somewhere with your silly and irrelevant question.
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by after4: 6:42am On Aug 18, 2022
See why I call you a tribal bigot?

Mynd44:
That entire report is on the south side of intelligent
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by plaindealer: 6:42am On Aug 18, 2022
Realtalk20:

I gave example of just one case !!
One man wa skilled? Do you know how may dead bodies turn up in Lagos daily ?

Look stop being sentimental and grow up

Please, show us the accurate figure of the deaths you recorded in Lagos Mr death counter?

Is it more than the 65,000 gun deaths in the US last year?

Is it more than the 600 mass shootings in the US?

Do you also record school shootings in Lagos where dozens of kindergarten kids are slaughtered as we see in the US everyday?

I just hate going back and forth with ignorant and unintelligent people like you.

2 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by plaindealer: 6:48am On Aug 18, 2022
This is the daily realities of the SE people and terrorists wailing over Lagos in this thread.. This is how the terrorists slaughter each other everyday..

These characters can not even leave their homes on Mondays or get slaughtered by their own terrorist .

3 Likes

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by OkCornel(m): 6:50am On Aug 18, 2022
Spirit04:
that's not even remotely close. Because they're not used to the way of life in that particular place doesn't mean the place is garbage. The Kuwait city they're saying is not good enough for them is it not better than a lot of cities in Europe? Lagos, especially Lagos island is better than a lot of cities in Europe.

Being used to suffering, insecurity and stress as a way of life doesn’t make sense.
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Theunbothered: 6:58am On Aug 18, 2022
plaindealer:

What's leaving Nigeria got to do with the topic.

Go and sit down somewhere with your silly and irrelevant question.

Because I need to know which cities Lagos is better than to compare.

It is clear you are speaking from a place of ignorance.

All you people who carried your Ghana must go from your underdeveloped village to Lagos can never objectively criticise these ratings before you have NO EXPOSURE.
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Theunbothered: 7:00am On Aug 18, 2022
Spirit04:

Have you been to Europe before?

Tout dey shout owo da for Europe?

They take light for 16 hours in Europe?

Are you suffering from malaria or what?!?

1 Like

Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Okhuadams(m): 7:01am On Aug 18, 2022
Wintertime:
Rubbish.. I wonder how people claim their
Look at how a tribe threatened non-indigine(non Yorubas) in Lagos
A Lagos that has only sea port and depends on Niger Delta oil full time

That's to tell you if that tribe has oil in their land.. you can never ever be allowed to step in that land

This country should just quickly divide

All those useless fat idiotic leaders from the Niger Delta region suppose to speed up infrastructure ..
Niger Delta oil is a gift from God. And must be contribute for development of the region

Fvck 13% allocation,

Fvck the stupid pauper leaders of the Niger Delta

Fvck one Nigeria

God bless Niger Delta

God bless Biafra

I don't live in Lagos please quote me with experience in Lagos

1. Noted
Bad belle pple very obvious na una sell Lagos jealous pple. If una like talk Lagos stood remains the best place to live. Lagos does not need oil money to survive. Tinubu proved that in OBJ days. Igbo pple are hatred for Lagos and yet they in their millions
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Okhuadams(m): 7:02am On Aug 18, 2022
henryobinna:

i tire ooo we know those in Nigeria giving them wrong information
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Wintertime: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2022
Okhuadams:
Bad belle pple very obvious na una sell Lagos jealous pple. If una like talk Lagos stood remains the best place to live. Lagos does not need oil money to survive. Tinubu proved that in OBJ days. Igbo pple are hatred for Lagos and yet they in their millions

On your side
comot here

Abi d same Lagos you come online to threatened non indigenes
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Wintertime: 7:06am On Aug 18, 2022
jidxin:

See painment... Do you even think at all, all i see over you is stupidity and a fvcktard ignoramus. Read read or just use google before spewing rubbish

Google tell me am waiting
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by Czartrips(m): 7:08am On Aug 18, 2022
Lagos is probably the worst state to live innt because of war and terrorism but otherwise factors. Lagos will make u older than ur age..���
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by osazsky(m): 7:10am On Aug 18, 2022
plaindealer:
So, they've been peddling this rubbish all over the place even with the help of ignorant, unintelligent and unpatriotic Nigerians.

There's never been any war, conflict or acts of terrorism in Lagos state, in fact, it's the safest state in Nigeria.

Are they talking about the Lagos in Nigeria, their own made up story, Imaginary Lagos or just rubbish put together to sell internet clicks?

it's too toxic,only a mad man can live there,I have a cousin that brushes his teeth inside a commercial bus cuz he doesn't want to get late to work..he forgot to get married self
Re: Flawed Reasons Why Lagos Is Ranked Second Most Unlivable City In The World by cmikel: 7:10am On Aug 18, 2022
The thurgery on the street is too much in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate Falls to 4.1% / Tinubu Offers Fresh Appointment To Ganduje’s Son / PDP Is In Coma With No Doctor, Only ‘Nurse Metuh’ Is Treating It – Senate Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.