Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso (30202 Views)

Supply Shocks, Hyper-Inflation Cause Of Hunger, Hardship – CBN Governor, Cardoso / Senate Panel Summons CBN Governor Cardoso Over Naira Free Fall / Babachir Lawal: CBN Governor Cardoso Has Patch-Patch CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by chisomkachy: 9:25pm On Feb 18
Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Olayemi Cardoso, has described his job as the second most difficult on the globe.

This is as he said the Federal Government’s reform and other actions are paying off.

Cardoso spoke Sunday in Abuja at the opening of the 2024 First Plenary Assembly of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN).

The event was themed, “Synod on Synodality: Areas of Concern for the Church in Nigeria “

“I will continue to remember that in spite of (my job) the second most difficult job on the face of the planet, this is really something that remains very memorable,” the CBN governor said.

Cardoso, who was the Chairman of the occasion, expressed optimism that despite all the difficulties, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

“As a result of some of the recent reports from the CBN, over the course of the last week, about $1.8bn came into the markets.

“As long as the country can sustain a positive trajectory, Nigeria will get out of its economic woes and the foreign exchange market will begin to moderate itself,”
he said.

He said the apex bank will soon hold the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting, where very critical decisions will be made to continue making the economy more investor-friendly.

Cardoso said an attempt to merge the official rate with the black market rate had been made, adding that the difference between the two is now significantly lower.

“There is a positive outlook on that. The positive outlook comes from the fact that a series of reforms have been made by the federal government and the Central Bank, which are now paying off in such a way that international investors are coming back in again,” he said.

He said one of the problems of economic advancement in Nigeria is finding ways to move as a country beyond being a consumer nation and shelf appetite for foreign goods.

“You have got to move as a country beyond being a consumer nation. And it is something that we as Nigerians have been talking about for so long, but really, we’ve not been able to actualize it.

“The other thing, of course, is to moderate appetite for foreign goods. And that’s closely related to what I had said earlier with respect to becoming a producer nation, because at the end of the day, many of the things you see and many of the things that bother a lot of people with respect to foreign exchange are all essentially down to demand and supply,” Cardoso said.

https://dailytrust.com/my-job-second-most-difficult-on-earth-cbn-gov-ardoso/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2AxzPyMG9YBuCF5cotHFaRn96LEWqtf1492BPpLd5bMI2tRL9FzKZDjsk#Echobox=1708285015

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by jmoore(m): 9:26pm On Feb 18
Propaganda will not solve anything.

249 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by danijesus(m): 9:27pm On Feb 18
Patch patch CBN governor

231 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by God1000(m): 9:27pm On Feb 18
You're not a good CBN governor

165 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by illicit(m): 9:28pm On Feb 18
The first one is my job

Teaching...

🥵

13 Likes

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by fourboys: 9:28pm On Feb 18
So no solutions??

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Richtaiwo: 9:30pm On Feb 18
It is difficult because you are not qualified. Prof Charles Soludo and Sanusi Lamido Sanusi were on that seat and it was very easy for them. It was also easy for Emefiele but sadly, reports of his stewardship indicate he is a thief.

172 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Bookhub: 9:30pm On Feb 18
mtschewwwee

13 Likes

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Donwilson88: 9:34pm On Feb 18
Hmmmph! I believe I understand your plight and you fight! Are you courageous? Come out naked say the naked truth! Run away with ya family on exile with the money you ve already packed!!

Just for liberation sake! People are dying!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by iamtardey: 9:37pm On Feb 18
God punish you mr cardosso

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Nigercity: 9:37pm On Feb 18
Metcheew
Oga just resign
And stop wasting our time

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Gossiphub: 9:41pm On Feb 18
Pastor CardiB make we hear word.

If you can't work, resign. You and your sleeping boss have cost alot of people their jobs. While still having your own job.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by killsmith(f): 10:01pm On Feb 18
Mr Patch patch cv

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Naijanascam: 10:02pm On Feb 18
Was it a Rocket science🚀🔬 Sir?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Ofunaofu: 10:05pm On Feb 18
He is already overwhelmed

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Vinnie2000(m): 10:05pm On Feb 18
Lolss,

Thought they said he is an Highly Qualified Technocrat

Job that the likes of Charles Soludo did WITHOUT much Stress,
This one is already crying of Back pain. embarassed undecided

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by SwissMass: 10:08pm On Feb 18
Ill-manned and angry

4 Likes

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by kettykin: 10:09pm On Feb 18
He is being honest and candid. He is the wrong peg in the wrong hole, I really pity him .

By the way , which is the most difficult job on earth ,since we now know the second most difficult job on the earth.

20 Likes

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Vinnie2000(m): 10:10pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:
It is difficult because you are not qualified. Prof Charles Soludo and Sanusi Lamido Sanusi were on that seat and it was very easy for them. It was also easy for Emefiele but sadly, reports of his stewardship indicate he is a thief.

But @least we should remember the BOSSES of these Two.
The Nationalist Olusegun Obasanjo and Democratic, Humane Goodluck Jonathan! smiley

Compare them to APC's DISASTERS Bubu and Ebola and see why he and Emefiele can't catch up. embarassed undecided

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by suxkill: 10:12pm On Feb 18
Bookhub:
mtschewwwee

The best comment so far on this thread

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Babalegba(m): 10:23pm On Feb 18
Richtaiwo:
Nairaland must be full of secondary school children.zero knowledge of economics

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Dialpad: 10:27pm On Feb 18
I doubt if a competent and qualified person would say that about his job

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Obakoolex(m): 10:28pm On Feb 18
grin most will just rush to comment rubbish without reading first

9 Likes

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by merits(m): 10:28pm On Feb 18

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by Think9ja(m): 10:28pm On Feb 18
K
Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by tunjijones(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18
Who send u?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My job, The Second Most Difficult on Earth - CBN Governor, Cardoso by kingphilip(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18
If you no fit do am resign.

No de shalaye.

Under your watch we de head seriously to #2k per $

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari And Jonathan In ‘Secret’ Meeting / Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko / Ibrahim Magu Gives Details Of Monies Recovered Says Corruption War Almost Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.