Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff (13180 Views)

2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. / Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer / REVEALED: Anambra Plans Conversion Of N-teach Volunteers To Permanent Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Offpoint1: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:
It's a great brand. It's the best food production and processing brand in Nigeria and one of the well known outside Nigeria
Well known and they're paying poor salary 80k while one man is paying twice that

2 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Kubin: 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
Money is everything, choose the one man business that have higher pay, save enough money plan to establish business grow ur bussinss leave the work and become boss of ur own employ others, u will succeed more easily doing ur own business than depending on monthly payment, only if you are very serious and committed with the business

1 Like

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by alizma: 2:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:
Which is better, a contract Job in a multinational company or permanent staff in a one man's business. But the pay of the one man business is twice of the multinational contract Job + the job role of the multinational has more value.

Multinational (Laboratory Technician)
One man's business (Production Supervisor but it's just material management and coordinating factory workers).
Lol, You dey call one man business job a permanent job, the two of them are contract job my brother. However, I will advise you find out the staff turnover of the one man business, if it's ok, join that one. Who multinational epp?
Multinational - 80k
Permanent - 155k

Which should I go for ?
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by philexcel(m): 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
Bro go for the pay. U have needs to meet, don't you. If you are a family man you will understand that 155k has advantage over 80k. Am a contract staff with over 150k monthly. If I see permanent 80k. I won't go for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Taich(m): 2:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
Is all about what is in it for you in long run, where will you be in 5 years time on both roles? Which path will aid you achieve your personal goals? But finally, God rules in our affairs. I pray that God guides you. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Prudency045: 2:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
They both come with their disadvantages.

Contract staff in a multinational are treated like a piece of shit. Employees see themselves as god and are ready to use demeaning words on you. You will also be doing a lot of the work and be ready to take all the blame even when you are not at fault. You can also be sacked at any time. However, look beyond the cons because the company's name on your CV will help attract interview invites elsewhere. Learn as much as you can so that you can use the knowledge gained either to be converted to permanent staff or move elsewhere as permanent staff.

Working in a one-man business isn't for the faint-hearted. Be ready to do jobs outside what you are employed to do. You can be asked to wash the toilet or cut grass. Don't be surprised. Your salary is dependent on how the company makes sales. In some cases, the payment of salary is dependent on the wickedness or niceness of the owner. So expect a delay in salary. Deduction for various forms of offenses is also their way. At the end of the month, you might not get that 150k. No structure in place, things are not done according to international best practices and you might not gain enough knowledge to be able to compete with your peers who work in multinational settings.

So you need to seat down and see which of them aligns with your short-term and long-term goals. I pray you to choose rightly.

1 Like

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Stoicful(m): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by abdulwassi(m): 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2022
Make person help me with a job.. Abeg..
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Stoicful(m): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
Prudency045:
They both come with their disadvantages.

Contract staff in a multinational are treated like a piece of shit. Employees see themselves as god and are ready to use demeaning words on you. You will also be doing a lot of the work and be ready to take all the blame even when you are not at fault. You can also be sacked at any time. However, look beyond the cons because the company's name on your CV will help attract interview invites elsewhere. Learn as much as you can so that you can use the knowledge gained either to be converted to permanent staff or move elsewhere as permanent staff.

Working in a one-man business isn't for the faint-hearted. Be ready to do jobs outside what you are employed to do. You can be asked to wash the toilet or cut grass. Don't be surprised. Your salary is dependent on how the company makes sales. In some cases, the payment of salary is dependent on the wickedness or niceness of the owner. So expect a delay in salary. Deduction for various forms of offenses is also their way. At the end of the month, you might not get that 150k. No structure in place, things are not done according to international best practices and you might not gain enough knowledge to be able to compete with your peers who work in multinational settings.

So you need to seat down and see which of them aligns with your short-term and long-term goals. I pray you to choose rightly.
multinational, I'll put them on my C. V. while watching out for opportunity in another firm. Currently in a one man business but my job role is Prod. Supervisor as a Microbiologist, can't seem to get jobs because most Prod supervisor role wants an engineer and again Laboratory/Quality role feels my Prod. experience does not count
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Fiscus105(m): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:
It's a great brand. It's the best food production and processing brand in Nigeria and one of the well known outside Nigeria

Go for 150k biko

1 Like

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by adecz: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
A multinational paying just about
$100 a Month❓❓ That is slavery❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

I suspect that it must be Coca-Cola
or Pepsi people, because them wicked die❗️❗️❌

Go for the permanent job @ $200 and you
may even learn skills to later survive on
your own.

2 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by bennybaba(m): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2022
Go for the contract job, if it's trully a well known multinational company like you said the possibility of converting you to a staff if you do well is very high unlike a one man business which can fold up anytime.

1 Like

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by disim83565: 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2022
I think it's much more profitable to have a remote job because you can plan your own time! Such remote jobs are suitable for students, mothers on maternity leave or people who like to be free in their schedule! When I studied at the university, I had a remote job and I really liked it!
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Deckracer: 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
I know you are talking about NESTLE FOODS. I have been in there. The best option now is for him to go for the permanent job. Trust me on this one bro.

Stoicful:
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Chibaby87(f): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
Op for dis country we dey so, you need to take the permanent one jare
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Stoicful(m): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
Deckracer:
I know you are talking about NESTLE FOODS. I have been in there. The best option now is for him to go for the permanent job. Trust me on this one bro.

Is it bad there? Is it advantageous to put the experience on CV for better offer in a permanent place in the future
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by lereinter(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:
Is it bad there? Is it advantageous to put the experience on CV for better offer in a permanent place in the future

If they don't owe and don't have a toxic owner go for the permanent

Job is scarce fa, how many companies wan recruit self

Forget putting anything on CV, that one is olden days strategy
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Deckracer: 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
The first thing you will ask yourself is: will I get a permanent place after the contract expires? What are your chances?. Having your name in your CV is cool but what is the garrantee that you won't be dropped.
Right now,your best shot is the private sector. The pay is another thing to consider right now.
Since you said it is the biggest food company In nigeria, you must be taking about nestle. If I am correct, DM me. All the best.

Stoicful:
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by sholly28(m): 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
Permanent staff and 150k is the best. Forget 80k with laboratory technician

1 Like

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by lawrenzooo: 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:
Which is better, a contract Job in a multinational company or permanent staff in a one man's business. But the pay of the one man business is twice of the multinational contract Job + the job role of the multinational has more value.

One man's business (Production Supervisor but it's just material management and coordinating factory workers).

Multinational - 80k
Permanent - 155k

Which should I go for ?

How can you call job with a one man business permanent? The man would come one morning that he saw you in his dream trying to strangle him and the next thing he fires you.

2 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2022
EyeTaspirant:
The multinational job will give you more professional exposure, there will be SOPs guiding almost every thing compared to a one man's business that may not have structure.

Plus, if the multinational is well known with great brands out there, it will give your CV value for your next job
Contract job is modern slavery

Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by NapoleonHill: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:

I guess the so call multinational is ab India Oil and Gas company.

Multinational - 80k
Permanent - 155k

Which should I go for ?
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by NapoleonHill: 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:

Multinational - 80k
Permanent - 155k

Which should I go for ?

I guess the so call multinational is ab India Oil and Gas company.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Campbellseun: 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
Have once been in your shoe before. My advice is to go for the permanent job. My reasons are: you have a better role option there , you have a better pay that you can use to get more professional certificate on this same role and of course in less than three years you can still easily get same role offer in any multinational company that you are intending now.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Testimony1988(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2022
A contract staff can be sacked at any time, not like a permanent job.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by risos(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
Gimmie DAT 80k own, but the 150k own make sense passs
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Blavas(m): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
EMMA BUGYYYY
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by SeaTrade(m): 11:53pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stoicful:
No multinational will pay you 80k.
It's the key distributor for that multinational that is offering you a job,or sub distributor.
You know wetin be multinational so?
Imagine BAT ,Nestle,P&G or Unilever pay person 80k.
Check well bros.
Last I checked sales reps for BAT dey collect 700k with brand new work hilux 2021 model double cabin,luxury version.
Not to talk of allowances!

2 Likes

Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by brandsoncharlie: 12:21am On Aug 20, 2022
EyeTaspirant:
The multinational job will give you more professional exposure, there will be SOPs guiding almost every thing compared to a one man's business that may not have structure.

Plus, if the multinational is well known with great brands out there, it will give your CV value for your next job
In this life go for the bag that pays more , u will be there your peers don build house and buy land and own other properties taya , u will be earning abysmal.
Mbappe even went for the bags that pays more, as far it is a legit hustle.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by brandsoncharlie: 12:29am On Aug 20, 2022
Stoicful:
Guy man leave brand name, contract jobs get as e b sometimes in terms of paying their workers sometimes and it has timings .
I remember vividly well , when I visited a known petroleum company HR department in Nigeria, see files containing millions of Naira there are to settle contractors and it payments comes in phases, u go wait for your turn to be cleared before u receive payment.
Imagine u need handy money for family needs or personal stuffs u go wait until they pay u for contracts.
Every firms Has their own terms and conditions. Some will even pay you lump sum.
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by Stoicful(m): 12:35am On Aug 20, 2022
SeaTrade:
No multinational will pay you 80k.
It's the key distributor for that multinational that is offering you a job,or sub distributor.
You know wetin be multinational so?
Imagine BAT ,Nestle,P&G or Unilever pay person 80k.
Check well bros.
Last I checked sales reps for BAT dey collect 700k with brand new work hilux 2021 model double cabin,luxury version.
Not to talk of allowances!
They are sourcing agency, I was thinking I should just put them on CV that I worked with them for a while so it will boost my chances for the next job. So I can deviate back to my line. What I do now doesn't correlate with what I study and I have been finding it hard to get another job since. At least if I have lab tech on my CV, I can easily apply for Quality Assurance/ Quality Control or Lab technician in top league companies
Re: Contract Job In a multinational Company Vs Permanent Staff by brandsoncharlie: 12:35am On Aug 20, 2022
Testimony1988:
A contract staff can be sacked at any time, not like a permanent job.
Lol, grin there’s a period for duration of that job which comes with agreements, conditions etc. you may not be offered another , nothing like sacking for contract job.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Teachers Scheme | Federal Government Teachers Recruitment 2017/2018 / FUTO Academic Staff Recruitment 2019 (24 Position) / Cummins Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (9 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.