Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn (32205 Views)

Finance Minister Zainab, Soludo, Peterside Advocate Fuel Subsidy Removal / Tinubu Vs Osinbajo: Lagos, Ogun Likely Decided, Battle Line Drawn In Others / Red Line Drawn Against South Africa - Onyeama, Foreign Affairs Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Yankee101: 7:44pm On Aug 19, 2022
Zainab’s coat Elrufai’s hand
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Evaloyal2J(f): 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
Honourable1901:
I have said this both offline and online that our minister of finance is dull and corrupt
Nothing in her skull ,just loans ,school feeding, conditional cash transfer
her sister, the minister of disaster is always reading out these lines 'school feeding, conditional cash transfer to further impoverish the less privileged' very corrupt elements.
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
aribisala0:
Funny

You are the one that lied not once but several times and then claimed the last was a typo. Attributing things to me I never said Now you want to constitute yourself into thought police.
The authority or power to tax is not a consequence of the power to issue licences. That is your imagination They are parallel issues. There are so many different taxes that a company is liable to. LICENCES in the Telecomm sector are paid for
This particular tax is not a tax on the company but the consumer . IT IS A CONSUMPTION TAX
just like the proposed tax on sugar drinks etc and the same question applies why can't the state collect it. It is totally unrelated to the issuance of licences
and I generally do not engage blockheads. Everything you have written amounts to nothing more than verbigeration

You are out of your depth here

You are dishonest or more accurately a LIAR . Please show A single quote of mine where the word "broadcast" is present. For you truth is an inconvenience. You have not made any effort to grasp what I am saying but rather attribute to me things I never said because you need to win an argument that exists only in your head. My questions was not about what is but what I think should be . In that respect there really is nothing to argue about. Certainly no argument about "facts"

What exactly is your bone of contention ? You do not know. Rather you are a conflicted individual with limited cerebral power that does not amount to 1 but judges himself to be 100.

All I did was question why this particular tax cannot be collected by state governments . My view is simple It is a constitutional and jurisprudential matter within the context of the current political agitation for resource control

Foolishly you said BECAUSE the FG issues licence then states cannot collect this tax.

What is it that is peculiar to this tax that links it to the issuance of licences that does not exist in the USA?
That does not apply to radio licences or other sectors.

You have made too many typos too many misquotes and the conclusion is that you are a lying , raucous , unruly miscreant
You have now introduced the nebulous term TELECOMM TAX . It is for you to define it because it is meaningless

grin grin
This boy. You're just rambling and dancing around like a side chick seeking to impress her new lover.

First of all excise tax is not a consumption tax. It's quite the opposite. It's a production tax like the tax on imported goods called customs tax.

That said, after I told you the name of the tax straight from the op of which you're lazily ignorant, you still want to stretch the argument and make sweeping conclusions about who does what with taxes.

For your info, the argument of states about collecting VAT is that the tax is a consumption and should be collected at the point of consumption, and of course, that it is not listed on the exclusive list in the Constitution. Now the question for telecoms is where it is being produced? The production is cross states but what binds them together is the license which is a federal resource. Note that excise is listed in the Constitution as a federal tax. But you want the principle of VAT to apply to it. What you want amounts to a constitutional amendment, while that of VAT is a question of constitutional interpretation which is why it's before the court. This is another point of your ignorance.

Again, telecoms tariff floor is also federally fixed, at least here in Nigeria. So you can come and explain the grounds of your argument that states should be in the best position to collect the tax.

It's obvious that so far, you have no other reason other than an attempt to sound progressive or should I say enlightened on the matter without finding out the type of tax being referred to and why it is federally collected.

What are you going to ask for next? That customs duty be collected by states?
Stop confusing yourself abeg!!
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Brushstrokes20: 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2022
The heartless, corrupt, power drunk bitch is high on cow dung again undecided undecided
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by aribisala0(m): 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

grin grin
This boy. You're just rambling and dancing around like a side chick seeking to impress her new lover.

First of all excise tax is not a consumption tax. It's quite the opposite. It's a production tax like the tax on imported goods called customs tax.

That said, after I told you the name of the tax straight from the op of which you're lazily ignorant, you still want to stretch the argument and make sweeping conclusions about who does what with taxes.

For your info, the argument of states about collecting VAT is that the tax is a consumption and should be collected at the point of consumption, and of course, that it is not listed on the exclusive list in the Constitution. Now the question for telecoms is where it is being produced? The production is cross states but what binds them together is the license which is a federal resource. Note that excise is listed in the Constitution as a federal tax. But you want the principle of VAT to apply to it. What you want amounts to a constitutional amendment, while that of VAT is a question of constitutional interpretation which is why it's before the court. This is another point of your ignorance.

Again, telecoms tariff floor is also federally fixed, at least here in Nigeria. So you can come and explain the grounds of your argument that states should be in the best position to collect the tax.

It's obvious that so far, you have no other reason other than an attempt to sound progressive or should I say enlightened on the matter without finding out the type of tax being referred to and why it is federally collected.

What are you going to ask for next? That customs duty be collected by states?
Stop confusing yourself abeg!!
Your lover metaphor is a revelation. Interesting but keep that to your circle of friends Mr Gay lord keep that nonsense away from me
I came here to question WHY states cannot collect this tax. I am entitled to ask that question
I did not direct the question to you. So who is trying to impress whom>? You are the one trolling me with your unsolicited opinions. I am not interested in your meaningless rants
For me this is a political and constitutional matter that is worth challenging that is my view.
If you don't like it just shut up and move on
I believe that states should challenge this . Whether they win or not changes nothing . SO
You came on perhaps trying to bully or intimidate but it won't work You lack the depth to do that. You lied repeatedly again that did not work .. SO it really is not clear what your point is
The fact that the FG issue licences is totally irrelevant to whether they can collect a tax . That is how you started

Now you are shifting to say it is EXCISE so it is no longer about issuing licence but is EXCISE duty.
So you keep shifting and jumping around like a butterfly

Make up your mind should the FG collect the tax because they issued licence or are you changing to "it is a manufacturing tax"

I am not interested in debating Excise duty with you save to say that this tax is being applied at the point of consumption .It is levied ON THE CONSUMER.Data consumption is a service just like a haircut or car wash. It is PAID BY THE CONSUMER and there fore it is a consumption tax . Quite how you can argue that taxes paid ONLY by consumers is a manufacturing tax or is similar to custom duty is quite bizarre and stupid. Consumers do not pay customs duty
I stand by my original question that why can't the states collect this money and opinion that if the current constitution does not allow it then we should seek to change it. That is a political position which I have every right to without listening to your idiotic rants. Stay on your lane and fucck off. I did not ask you for your opinions and I am not interested in homosexual play
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by achiever200(m): 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
Buhari ministers are are bunch of fools
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Phraences: 12:07am On Aug 20, 2022
Confusion.
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by BluntCrazeMan: 3:34am On Aug 20, 2022
funshint:
5% Data, Calls Tariff Hike: Finance Minister Dares Pantami

https://leadership.ng/5-data-calls-tariff-hike-finance-minister-dares-pantami/
Two Ministers that are always together in the FEC Meeting..
They cannot argue everything there in order to finally agree in the FEC meeting.
They would come out and be issuing different statement that do not agree.
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by mrkia(m): 6:19am On Aug 20, 2022
Our problem with every deductions you made from us is that the things will be re - looted

They have always been very quick in citing other countries to suit their myopic whims but always fail to copy good things from other countries
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:59am On Aug 20, 2022
aribisala0:
Your lover metaphor is a revelation. Interesting but keep that to your circle of friends Mr Gay lord keep that nonsense away from me
I came here to question WHY states cannot collect this tax. I am entitled to ask that question
I did not direct the question to you. So who is trying to impress whom>? You are the one trolling me with your unsolicited opinions. I am not interested in your meaningless rants
For me this is a political and constitutional matter that is worth challenging that is my view.
If you don't like it just shut up and move on
I believe that states should challenge this . Whether they win or not changes nothing . SO
You came on perhaps trying to bully or intimidate but it won't work You lack the depth to do that. You lied repeatedly again that did not work .. SO it really is not clear what your point is
The fact that the FG issue licences is totally irrelevant to whether they can collect a tax . That is how you started

Now you are shifting to say it is EXCISE so it is no longer about issuing licence but is EXCISE duty.
So you keep shifting and jumping around like a butterfly

Make up your mind should the FG collect the tax because they issued licence or are you changing to "it is a manufacturing tax"

I am not interested in debating Excise duty with you save to say that this tax is being applied at the point of consumption .It is levied ON THE CONSUMER.Data consumption is a service just like a haircut or car wash. It is PAID BY THE CONSUMER and there fore it is a consumption tax . Quite how you can argue that taxes paid ONLY by consumers is a manufacturing tax or is similar to custom duty is quite bizarre and stupid. Consumers do not pay customs duty
I stand by my original question that why can't the states collect this money and opinion that if the current constitution does not allow it then we should seek to change it. That is a political position which I have every right to without listening to your idiotic rants. Stay on your lane and fucck off. I did not ask you for your opinions and I am not interested in homosexual play
You write a lot of shite and you end up not saying shite
Not only that you go around buttering your ignorance
You claimed states should collect the telecoms tax just as they are fighting to collect vat. I educated you that the states that are fighting for the right to collect vat(not all states by the way) based their fight on the logic that vat is a consumption tax that is collected at the point of sale or consumption. In other words, the states argued that revenue from consumption that happened in their states are being shared to other states. Also, the states approached the courts when it also emerged that vat is not on the exclusive legislative list.
Now, you keep making the lie that excise duty is a consumption tax that is collected at the point of sale. That's a lie. Excise is a production or manufacturing tax that is collected at the point of manufacture. It's similar to the import duty tax that is collected at the point of import. As a matter of fact, the law enabling the collection is called customs and excise duty act.
You're looking to apply the arguments for states who want to collect vat by themselves to excise on telecoms and I pointed out to you two basic facts that make them dissimilar.
First, telecoms services are federally produced. The license is federally granted.
Secondly, excise duty is listed on the exclusive list of our laws.
With the above two, your stand is flawed. The states can approach the courts for constitutional interpretation on the subject of vat since it's not clearly situated in the Constitution. But they can't for excise because that will amount to asking the courts to amend the Constitution.
Secondly, the states do not grant license for production of telecoms services in their domain so how then do they tax a service they didn't license at the expense of the FG. It's like reaping where they didn't sow. You seem to have been programed to think only the FG can be at fault in matters of taxation. Check out what happened with the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge.
With all the above, your brain should reset and you should quit the macabre dance of foolishness and ignorance.
And quit all the tantrums and pseudo-intelligence. You are just misfiring shamefully

And I don't know where you got the idea of homosexuality. I used a female pronoun for side chick but it seems you're too disoriented to notice.
Or maybe this is your own way of coming out.
No pls!! Not interested!! I don't swing that way!!
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by aribisala0(m): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

You write a lot of shite and you end up not saying shite
Not only that you go around buttering your ignorance
You claimed states should collect the telecoms tax just as they are fighting to collect vat. I educated you that the states that are fighting for the right to collect vat(not all states by the way) based their fight on the logic that vat is a consumption tax that is collected at the point of sale or consumption. In other words, the states argued that revenue from consumption that happened in their states are being shared to other states. Also, the states approached the courts when it also emerged that vat is not on the exclusive legislative list.
Now, you keep making the lie that excise duty is a consumption tax that is collected at the point of sale. That's a lie. Excise is a production or manufacturing tax that is collected at the point of manufacture. It's similar to the import duty tax that is collected at the point of import. As a matter of fact, the law enabling the collection is called customs and excise duty act.
You're looking to apply the arguments for states who want to collect vat by themselves to excise on telecoms and I pointed out to you two basic facts that make them dissimilar.
First, telecoms services are federally produced. The license is federally granted.
Secondly, excise duty is listed on the exclusive list of our laws.
With the above two, your stand is flawed. The states can approach the courts for constitutional interpretation on the subject of vat since it's not clearly situated in the Constitution. But they can't for excise because that will amount to asking the courts to amend the Constitution.
Secondly, the states do not grant license for production of telecoms services in their domain so how then do they tax a service they didn't license at the expense of the FG. It's like reaping where they didn't sow. You seem to have been programed to think only the FG can be at fault in matters of taxation. Check out what happened with the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge.
With all the above, your brain should reset and you should quit the macabre dance of foolishness and ignorance.
And quit all the tantrums and pseudo-intelligence. You are just misfiring shamefully
I really am not interested in your opinions. It is a free forum. I did not quote you to start with
Mr Homosexual. That is a low I am not crossing. Go and find your type to roll with. Battyboy

My opinion is that the states should collect the money. At no point have I tried to persuade you of that. Instead you are the jobless one trolling me. To what end. You are repeating yourself.
I think the states should collect the tax that is all. What is your point ? I should not have opinions?
It seems your life is empty and you are looking for companionship or a lover. Not interested dude
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2022
aribisala0:

I really am not interested in your opinions. It is a free forum. I did not quote you to start with
Mr Homosexual. That is a low I am not crossing. Go and find your type to roll with. Battyboy

My opinion is that the states should collect the money. At no point have I tried to persuade you of that. Instead you are the jobless one trolling me. To what end. You are repeating yourself.
I think the states should collect the tax that is all. What is your point ? I should not have opinions?
It seems your life is empty and you are looking for companionship or a lover. Not interested dude
Good. I see you've stopped your misguided arguments on the facts of the matter.
That shows your "issue" has been resolved
You're free to hold on to your opinion just as a dog believes bone is better than meat.
Since you have been properly educated, you may go in peace.
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by aribisala0(m): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Good. I see you've stopped your misguided arguments on the facts of the matter.
That shows your "issue" has been resolved
You're free to hold on to your opinion just as a dog believes bone is better than meat.
Since you have been properly educated, you may go in peace.
Gay boy . Go and find someone that wants to drill you. Not interested
I believe that states should collect the money. You won't change my opinion and I am not interested in your opinion. So tell me what you want from me exactly? I already told you I do not do men so what is next ? any more tricks?
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2022
aribisala0:
Gay boy . Go and find someone that wants to drill you. Not interested
I believe that states should collect the money. You won't change my opinion and I am not interested in your opinion. So tell me what you want from me exactly? I already told you I do not do men so what is next ? any more tricks?
I don't know where you got the idea of homosexuality. I used a female pronoun for side chick but it seems you're too disoriented to notice.
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by aribisala0(m): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

I don't know where you got the idea of homosexuality. I used a female pronoun for side chick but it seems you're too disoriented to notice.
Shut up ! You are gay. I am not interested in you or your silly metaphors.
I believe states should collect the money . SO tell me if you are not gay what exactly do you want? What do you want? Did I talk to you? I came to the forum to say my own you are following me upandan talking about love. Why? What do you want?
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:56am On Aug 20, 2022
aribisala0:
Shut up ! You are gay. I am not interested in you or your silly metaphors.
I believe states should collect the money . SO tell me if you are not gay what exactly do you want? What do you want? Did I talk to you? I came to the forum to say my own you are following me upandan talking about love. Why? What do you want?
grin cheesy grin
Quit whining like a little bitch boy.
You're very notorious on this forum for jumping on people's mention and looking to force your silly opinions on them.
Now you're being served a tip of your iced tea hot you're screaming like a she-goat experiencing labor pains.
This should teach you to respect the opinions of others as well going forward.
Now quietly fuç into oblivion
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by aribisala0(m): 9:09am On Aug 20, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

grin cheesy grin
Quit whining like a little bitch boy.
You're very notorious on this forum for jumping on people's mention and looking to force your silly opinions on them.
Now you're being served a tip of your iced tea hot you're screaming like a she-goat experiencing labor pains.
This should teach you to respect the opinions of others as well going forward.
Now quietly fuç into oblivion
All the gay dialogue coming out . Didn't take long that!
Why are you talking to me about love na? Guy not by force. Waka go front

You are now that poo in the toilet that refuses to flush. recalcitrant turd.
Just like with returning money their is returning shit
State governments should collect the tax in my opinion. If you like bleat till next year

Tell us what do you want ? That gay one I will not do. I am notorious ? Thank you

You are anonymous. A nonentity.
What do you want?
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Ginomel(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Stop being an halfwit. It looks poor on you.

States cannot collect telecoms tax because they don't issue telecoms licenses. End of story. Get a proper education before you start comparing apples to oranges. I won't be surprised if your likes wake up on a Sunday and ask for states to collect customs duties. Doubly dumb

You are the dumb one here. He said the right thing. Since some of those Telecom companies are domiciled in states. There is nothing wrong states sharing the taxes since they are in their states just like drivers license and FRSC.
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2022
Ginomel:

You are the dumb one here. He said the right thing. Since some of those Telecom companies are domiciled in states. There is nothing wrong states sharing the taxes since they are in their states just like drivers license and FRSC.
A bit of advice kiddo. Before you comment, sit down, think, then comment.
Which states are telecoms companies domiciled according to you.
Driver's license fees is paid to FG not states.
Now, can you see the folly of your comment?
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Ginomel(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

A bit of advice kiddo. Before you comment, sit down, think, then comment.
Which states are telecoms companies domiciled according to you.
Driver's license fees is paid to FG not states.
Now, can you see the folly of your comment?

I think this will be my last reply to skunk-like personnel. Can't stoop low for an unexposed being.

Go make enquires and confirm where some domiciled taxes go to. They have offices in the states and use state resources.

The next minute you might say workers taxes are paid and remitted to Abuja.

Now go back to your feeding bottle and take your charity -provided milk.

As earlier said, this is my last reply. So don't bother qouting me because I will neither read nor reply. I have my dignity to protect.
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by tediks: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2022
Zico5:
Two useless people in a useless regime. I wonder who is even useful in that regime. They are all bird of a feather who will rot away with time. May almighty God punish all of them.

Honestly
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ginomel:

I think this will be my last reply to skunk-like personnel. Can't stoop low for an unexposed being.

Go make enquires and confirm where some domiciled taxes go to. They have offices in the states and use state resources.

The next minute you might say workers taxes are paid and remitted to Abuja.

Now go back to your feeding bottle and take your charity -provided milk.

As earlier said, this is my last reply. So don't bother qouting me because I will neither read nor reply. I have my dignity to protect.
It is a dull act to quote someone and then ask the person to stop quoting you.
Did I request for a quote from you?
Where was your audio dignity when you quoted me first with your ignorant mumbo jumbo?
You already "stooped low" when you quoted me with unintelligent balderdash.
Since it's obvious you know next to nothing on the matter, I suggest you take your own silly advice and use your brain before you jump to quote strangers forthwith.
But ensure your brain is functioning properly first.
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Tundex911: 4:34am On Aug 21, 2022
While the leader is confused won't the followers get confused too

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 08, 2022
ashawopikin:
Na plan work, both of them are members of the federal executive council, any decisions announced to the public, must've been agreed beforehand

hello bros

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Set To Commission, Flag-Off Projects In Ibadan / New Video Shows Boko Haram Shooting Civilians At School Dormitory / 'Buhari's Budget Moves Domestic Spending In Aso Villa From N580m To N1.7bn'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.