Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU (22831 Views)

ASUU Rejected Federal Government's Offer To Suspend Strike Conditionally / Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba: Teachers To Enjoy New Salary Structure From January / Guy Outs Wicked Senior Back Then At Federal Government College Rubochi, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Princebizzie: 7:06am On Aug 19, 2022
divinehand2003:

https://leadership.ng/why-we-rejected-federal-govts-salary-structure-ASUU/

Candidates of PDP and LP are owners of Private Universities, can these people really fix the problems in our Universities? Lies everywhere

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by stinggy(m): 7:06am On Aug 19, 2022
Throwback:
If you want to please ASUU, be ready to collapse the economy.

I don wash my hands off ASUU and Medical Doctors matter tey tey.

Below is my final submission.

Does it make sense to pay political aides like Bashir more than Professors?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by tishbite42: 7:06am On Aug 19, 2022
Fd
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by adioolayi(m): 7:09am On Aug 19, 2022
samuelpeters:

grin
Aides are appointment.
ASUU are civil servants. Irrespective of the government of the day, they are still there. There is a difference between civil servants and public servants in Nigerian context.

I am not talking about all cadres of ASUU...I know they are civil servants...but, I am specific about Professors..

It's just ridiculous anyone on Government payroll is earning more than erudite scholars!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Jacobx007: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2022
So it's ASUU that recommended tax on cellphone and communication lines? These guys are selfish and inconsiderate
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by connection77: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2022
An average Northern will never care about education. Find out whether my assertion is correct or not.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by MuslimMuslim: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2022
ASUU wants autonomy in all areas except funding lol
I sense too much arrogance in all of their submission

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by ransomed: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2022
Authoreety:
These set of politicians must reap the fruit of their wickedness
Amen! Vote them out.
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by bigpicture001: 7:15am On Aug 19, 2022
divinehand2003:
University Salary Structure (USS) which ASUU demands can be accomplished easily by Federal Government if all misappropriation of revenues and theft and leakages within the system are stopped.

Oga, education is not the only sector in Nigeria.... With government dwindling revenue...... ASUU shld understand ND respect itself

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Freelane33(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2022
Don’t resume until they meet the standard
Uselsss government

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by edogu(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2022
Throwback:

Do you know that ASUP members earn more than ASUU members. I blame ASUU for all these. While ASUP was busy fighting for a better welfare package for her members, ASUU on the other hand was fighting for revitalisation of the university. Funny enough, when this money was made available both the interest of Universities, polytechnics and colleges of education were considered.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Coolgent(m): 7:21am On Aug 19, 2022
Your concern is salary and allowances not our standard of education. 80% of lectures in the north directly or indirectly supported Buhari in 2015 and 2019, oya enjoy your change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by asahnwaKC: 7:23am On Aug 19, 2022
Can this so called ASUU be dissolved already....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Nezee: 7:40am On Aug 19, 2022
It's unfortunate for students in Nigeria to always be in situations like this: unending fight between two selfish and greedy parties. ' where two elephants fight, the grasses usually suffer the sequel! In this case, both parties are mad period!
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:44am On Aug 19, 2022
opera1:
I always said it; No government can please ASUU. Selfish and inconsiderate Union.
Sense dey pain you?
Your good for nothing politicians take own at least 1m every month, but a professor can not even take home 500k. Some senior lecturers (doctors) are only getting 200k etc and you think it's ASUU's fault?
Una no dey ever think before Una spew trash

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by lawrenzooo: 7:52am On Aug 19, 2022
Lama70:

A very large number of senior lecturers know that there's no learning of any kind in Nigeria. That's why they ship their children abroad to study.

This claim of yours is false. Majority of the lecturers (senior lecturers inclusive) cannot afford to send their kids abroad for studies because their salary cannot foot the bill.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Joe4real1988(m): 7:52am On Aug 19, 2022
spy24:
We can all criticize the government all we want. But having followed this issue for a while now. ASUU is the main reason why the strike is still lingering on . They are getting the sympathy of Nigerians cause we hate this government so much that we don't care to see the narrative they give whether right or wrong.
ASUU simply don't want to compromise.
If I was president I wouldn't pay ASUU a dime too.

You can't eat your cake and have it. Yeye association
Yeah, i dislike this present govt but ASUU seems to be acting on Emperor's level. My question is, if ASUU selfish term is disregarded, do we have alternative to end this menace? The govt lack of alternative to over-run ASUU greedy demand is where incompetence comes in.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by luizpippo(m): 7:53am On Aug 19, 2022
Princebizzie:

Candidates of PDP and LP are owners of Private Universities, can these people really fix the problems in our Universities? Lies everywhere

Who is the LP candidate and which university does he own?
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Heterodox(m): 7:59am On Aug 19, 2022
These are people's parents too.

Before you open your trash mouth, understand they have bills to pay

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by RepoMan007: 8:00am On Aug 19, 2022
Throwback:

One accountant stole over N100 Billion and yet the govt says there is no money. If other sector of labour workforce didn't suffer during looting why will they suffer for ASUU demand?

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Backpedal: 8:04am On Aug 19, 2022
seunlayi:

For the sake of the students, ASUU should reason. Things are very bad in all other sectors. But the damage caused due to the strike has already damaged the educational sector more. Students are losing interest daily and monthly also the younger ones that are supposed to be seriously aspiring to join the tertiary level are losing interest. Something need to be done from ASUU side

The federal government should negotiate better
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Backpedal: 8:05am On Aug 19, 2022
bigpicture001:

Oga, education is not the only sector in Nigeria.... With government dwindling revenue...... ASUU shld understand ND respect itself
The federal govt is at fault here

They are not negotiating properly

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Ibechris2: 8:05am On Aug 19, 2022
Throwback:

I disagree with u totally.
A country that value education but in a haste to send their children to schools abroad and are ready to pay any amount there over the ones we have at home.

If u don't know how this issue got so bad,then u shouldn't say what u don't know.

During Reign of Abacha,he ear-marked 1% of all revenue coming from Tetfund for University education in Nigeria and after that,the strike was no more.

Abdulsalami-Obasanjo and allowed the National
assembly to stop this revenue allocated to University to be diverted by the greedy senators which is being stolen till this day and yet no one is talking about it all because of the strike

Nigeria govt is killing education and ASUU is fighting to restore a better remunerated education in Nigeria. Na money them dey take run schools.

Yet they will never allow them to be autonomy so as to generate funds by themselves as it is done abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by IgOga(m): 8:32am On Aug 19, 2022
las las they will privatize all Universities in Nigeria.....any institution that is not self sufficient isn't worth it's existence.....In many developed countries Universities sustain themselves...they only get grants from the government. They show their value in the quality of their research and development. They get most of their revenue from research grants received from industry and tuition aint cheap too.

Many of these ASUU goons know next to nothing. Apart from handouts and the knowledge they acquired in 1960s...they have nothing tangible to contribute to the Nigerian economy. This idea of holding students and the government to ransom is part of why this country is not developed.
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by dogmart(m): 8:37am On Aug 19, 2022
divinehand2003:
University Salary Structure (USS) which ASUU demands can be accomplished easily by Federal Government if all misappropriation of revenues and theft and leakages within the system are stopped.

That is a big "IF"

And since it hasnt been stopped yet, we should not breath?
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Slymontee: 8:45am On Aug 19, 2022
opera1:
I always said it; No government can please ASUU. Selfish and inconsiderate Union.
Your type is the reason why Nigeria is like this. How much does Bashir Lawal earn? A tout that was ordinary keyboard warrior for Buhari. He takes home almost N900k, while a professor earns N350k and you call them greedy for asking for a raise after 20years. You should examine ur conscience!
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by 4gunners(m): 9:03am On Aug 19, 2022
adioolayi:

I am not talking about all cadres of ASUU...I know they are civil servants...but, I am specific about Professors..

It's just ridiculous anyone on Government payroll is earning more than erudite scholars!
This is totally wrong. Prof. are not the highest earner anywhere in the world. I know you will still argue, but try to learn from the internet and stop following the popular narratives.
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by 4gunners(m): 9:06am On Aug 19, 2022
Slymontee:
Your type is the reason why Nigeria is like this. How much does Bashir Lawal earn? A tout that was ordinary keyboard warrior for Buhari. He takes home almost N900k, while a professor earns N350k and you call them greedy for asking for a raise after 20years. You should examine ur conscience!
Guy, a prof doesn't earn 350K. You don't need to lie to prove your point. If everyone should go by your argument, the total workforce will be on strike. Yes, the country is bad but you don't make it worse with your incessant strike.
Re: Why We Rejected Federal Government’s Salary Structure – ASUU by Urocket93(m): 9:12am On Aug 19, 2022
divinehand2003:

“ASUU believes that if the leakages in the management of the country’s resources are stopped, there will be more than enough to meet the nation’s revenue and expenditure targets without borrowing and plunging the country into a debt crisis as is the case now.

“The New Draft Agreement has other major recommendations for the funding of major components of the renegotiated 2009 FGN/ASUU Agreement.

“One of such recommendations is the tax on cellphone and communication lines. Ironically, the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning recently announced its readiness to implement ASUU’s recommendation, as a revenue source, but not for education, without acknowledging the Union,” he added.

So these are the people that gave the government the idea to impose unnecessary tax on calls and internet services, I pray you never get what you want forever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs / Why Do Teachers And Textbook Writers Do This This? / Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.