Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,754 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Why Would You Do As An Employee? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Would You Do As An Employee? (11020 Views)

10 Common Misconceptions About Being An Employee / An Employer Can Sue An Employee Or Former Employee In Nigeria. / Why You Should Be An Employee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would You Do As An Employee? by QuinModah(f): 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
Prospective Employer asking employee of his notice period to quit his current employer.
Employee responded a month lieu of notice will be given to his current employer.
Prospective employer gave this employee an offer letter stated he must resume with immediate effect.
Here are my questions for both party.
What will you do as an employee?
Employer What are you trying to inject into the system?

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by cokeryusuf09(m): 10:49pm On Sep 10, 2022
QuinModah:
Prospective Employer asking employee of his notice period to quit his current employer.
Employee responded a month lieu of notice will be given to his current employer.
Prospective employer gave this employee an offer letter stated he must resume with immediate effect.
it depend on how urgent the service of the employee is needed in the new position.
all in all , dialogue is the key

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Threesha(f): 6:19am On Sep 11, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

it depend on how urgent the service of the employee is needed in the new position.
Which munu dialogue, don't shot yourself in the shoes. Ensure you ask all the necessary questions and dot all your "I's" and cross your "t's" because half the time what seems urgent becomes a thing of regret.

22 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by QuinModah(f): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2022
cheesy
cokeryusuf09:

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by QuinModah(f): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

Noted
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by cokeryusuf09(m): 11:19pm On Oct 29, 2022
Threesha:
Which munu dialogue, don't shot yourself in the shoes. Ensure you ask all the necessary questions and dot all your "I's" and cross your "t's" because half the time what seems urgent becomes a thing of regret.
na fight

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by iiifedimma(f): 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
Seriously can't even says anything
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Jack3403: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
T
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by dazzlingd(m): 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Which kind confusing headline

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
Threesha:

I love the way you switch monikers in your threads to further get more engagement.

About the job we discussed earlier? Any openings

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by EmahBoss(f): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
You are even confused, please check your title
It should be" what would you do?"

6 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by flemsy15(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2022
Employers that tell new employees to resume immediately knowing fully well the person currently works elsewhere doesn't deserve to be given any notice before resignation. Karma should be active in such cases

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by pinkylipsguy: 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
If the terms and the conditions presented to you as someone seeking employment suite you then proceed and accept it. But if it doesn't suite you then reject it. There is no need for any long thing again everything depends on you.

As someone that is into home cleaning services that I am, I only accept job offers that is both suitable to me and to my clients. It should be beneficial to both.

You as person also need to be considerate and selfless a little when considering your options. After all we all exist to help one another.

zero eight one three one one three six zero seven six is my number. Call me if you need help with your home cleaning services.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by optimistD(m): 2:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Ask for one month period to properly quit your current job. It shows you are a considerate employee, hence will not treat your potential employee with contempt or abandon them without a notice. It shows you have a conscience. Courtesy demands them at too. But some people will not understand or accept this.

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Cutehector(m): 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
That new employer doesn't have a good culture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by pheelhip(m): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
The current employer is not being fair haba even knowing that employee is to give a month quit notice at his current Job.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Atarakpa: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
If only you know the emotions we the employers goes through when our expert hands resign.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by pheelhip(m): 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
Atarakpa:
If only you know the emotions we the employers goes through when our expert hands resign.
They just have to go, You will always find another person.
It's not easy for the employee to have resigned too knowing that the company rest on their shoulder.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Cutehector(m): 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2022
Atarakpa:
didnt HR foresee this happening?

Organizations are setting up training academies to train young people just incase expert hands japa. Mgt should think long term

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Originalsly: 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2022
As an employee ... you let the prospective employer know you first have to notify your current employer and find out how soon you can be released.
As an employer... this is a trap to let you know if you can rely on this prospective employee or if he can quit at any moment leaving you hanging.

As a prospective employee ... if you show up for work the following day ... you will learn there was a sudden change of plan .... you are no longer needed by the company.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by BarrElChapo(m): 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
QuinModah:

Forfeit your salary for that month in lieu of the one month notice you’d have given if the new job is worth it.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by aieromon(m): 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
QuinModah:

In my case, I got the prospective employer to pay my ones months' salary in lieu of notice.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Risingblue008(m): 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
How can I palce a topic here in NL?
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Risingblue008(m): 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2022
Risingblue008:
How can I place a topic here in NL?
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by CAPITALBEE: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2022
QuinModah:

There are labour laws that need to be respected in Nigeria today.
For termination of employment and minimum notice requirements, the following applies depending on how long you have worked with your employer:

< 3months = 1 day
> 3months but < 2years = 1 week written
> 2years but < 5years = 2 weeks written
> 5years = 1 month written

Employees get penalized based on non adherence to these laws in one way or the other.

It sounds like the employee is oblivious of the minimum notice requirement as prescribed by the labour act and the provisions of the organization as contained in the HR policy documents. Let the employee or job seeker inform the prospective employer of the minimum notice requirements for his/her current job. If the prospective employer is adamant, let him/her propose to the employer to be ready to pay any benefits to be forfeited or costs to be incurred.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by greatsam767(m): 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
In this case all you have to do is that, Since your Current Employer wants your Service Immediately then it means your one month salary which you would forfeit at your current Place, would be paid by your prospective Employer, you can't lose your salary just because you were ask to resume in your prospective place of employment.

No go loose Guard.
QuinModah:
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Atarakpa: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
Cutehector:
didnt HR foresee this happening?

Organizations are setting up training academies to train young people just incase expert hands japa. Mgt should think long term
that's reason why we go for more mature now. In Nigeria today once you employ a person less than 40 be assure in less than 2 yrs he or she will japa.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Atarakpa: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
pheelhip:

They just have to go, You will always find another person.
It's not easy for the employee to have resigned too knowing that the company rest on their shoulder.
they do my brother.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by CelestineNelson: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
N
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Cutehector(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
Atarakpa:
that's reason why we go for more mature now. In Nigeria today once you employ a person less than 40 be assure in less than 2 yrs he or she will japa.
isnt it better to create a time stay contract deal with a younger person..that way you have more millenials to drive productivity and then they cant japa because of the legal binding. Access bank is doing it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Do When You Get Ghosted By A Potential Employer / Apply For The Montaigne Place Fresh Graduate Jobs Recruitment (7 Positions) / How To Apply For Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Ericsson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.