Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why Would You Do As An Employee? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Would You Do As An Employee? (11027 Views)

10 Common Misconceptions About Being An Employee / An Employer Can Sue An Employee Or Former Employee In Nigeria. / Why You Should Be An Employee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
I no even understand the question and the whole write-up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Brunicekid(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
EmahBoss:
You are even confused, please check your title
It should be" what would you do?"
Yes... True... "What would you do...?" is the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by yusfatedeeprof(m): 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
QuinModah:
Prospective Employer asking an employee of his notice period to quit his current employer.
The employee responded a month lieu of notice will be given to his current employer.
Prospective employer gave this employee an offer letter stated he must resume with immediate effect.
Here are my questions for both party.
What will you do as an employee?
Employer What are you trying to inject into the system?
If the new employer can't wait for a month, the new employer will have to pay the employee the one month's salary he worked for in his current employment. If the employee has already been paid by his current employer he's going to refund the money back.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Yankee101: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
Why or what?
Correct the header

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Tfx1: 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
cool
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Blinkingbae: 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
Cutehector:
That new employer doesn't have a good culture.

exactly…. Op should be wise
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by illicit(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
WHAT would u do not why would you do
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Cutehector(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
Blinkingbae:
exactly…. Op should be wise
good you are wise. You seem like someone i should be friends with
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by observanc1: 6:12pm On Oct 30, 2022
QuinModah:
Prospective Employer asking employee of his notice period to quit his current employer.
Employee responded a month lieu of notice will be given to his current employer.
Prospective employer gave this employee an offer letter stated he must resume with immediate effect.
if the prospective employee is out of work at the moment, then he can resume immediately. Else he has to give his present employer 30 days notice of resignation.
Even if the prospective employee is working, he can give his present employee letter of immediate resignation. In that case he will forfeit a moment's salary.
The 30 days notice of resignation is not cast in stone.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Everbryte: 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2022
Engage your prospective employer, let them know how much you value the offer and eager to start, at the same time, appeal for their understanding for you to inform your current employer& close some deliverables and exit.

That way, your prospective employer will see you as dependable, reliable & have some level of trust.

Leave on a good note. All the best.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Vaiki(m): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
QuinModah:
Prospective Employer asking employee of his notice period to quit his current employer.
Employee responded a month lieu of notice will be given to his current employer.
Auntie go and edit your topic undecided I don't know which of the mods dey poke you.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by ojuolu(m): 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
It will amount to lack of respect from the prospective employer to insist the prospective employee resume immediately after such a dialogue.
Let me put in proper perspective, every employer deserve to be treated with respect , especially if they are good. So if you must leave, please leave with some level of respect. A prospective employer should know that the way you treat your current employer is the same way you may likely treat them. As a prospective employee, if nothing is urgent and regulatory, always give the 30 days notice or at least, 15 days minimum.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
Everbryte:
Engage your prospective employer, let them know how much you value the offer and eager to start, at the same time, appeal for their understanding for you to inform your current employer& close some deliverables and exit.

That way, your prospective employer will see you as dependable, reliable & have some level of trust.

Leave on a good note. All the best.
nice advise
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Blinkingbae: 6:08am On Oct 31, 2022
Cutehector:
good you are wise. You seem like someone i should be friends with
probably we have been friends before years back in my other monicker…
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Cutehector(m): 6:58am On Oct 31, 2022
Blinkingbae:
probably we have been friends before years back in my other monicker…
lmao..
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by QuinModah(f): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2022
undecided
Vaiki:
Auntie go and edit your topic undecided I don't know which of the mods dey poke you.
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by QuinModah(f): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2022
"If you let an idiot talk long enough, they'll eventually destroy their argument."

This quote from Sun Tzu is one of the most famous in philosophy.

It's an excellent reminder for us to speak less and listen more.

Which is a handy negotiation tactic.

But when dealing with folks who do not have substance, let them speak.

They'll eventually destroy their argument.

The longer they talk without giving proof or examples, the more likely they don't have anything to say.

Better yet. Don’t be that person!
Vaiki:
Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by Vaiki(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2022
QuinModah:
"If you let an idiot talk long enough, they'll eventually destroy their argument."

This quote from Sun Tzu is one of the most famous in philosophy.

It's an excellent reminder for us to speak less and listen more.

Which is a handy negotiation tactic.

But when dealing with folks who do not have substance, let them speak.

They'll eventually destroy their argument.

The longer they talk without giving proof or examples, the more likely they don't have anything to say.

Better yet. Don’t be that person!
Oh sorry to hear your dad was an e-diot....I guess your mother was another e-diot for letting herself get pregnant to birth you....also an E-diot.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Do As An Employee? by QuinModah(f): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
angry
Vaiki:
Oh sorry to hear your dad was an e-diot....I guess your mother was another e-diot for letting herself get pregnant to birth you....also an E-diot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Do When You Get Ghosted By A Potential Employer / Npower: Payment Is Not Tribalistic Nor Selective / Apply For The Montaigne Place Fresh Graduate Jobs Recruitment (7 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.