Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,220 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents (32901 Views)

Nigeria U15 Boys Arrive Abuja After Four-nation Invitational Tournament / Nigeria U15 Beat Djibouti U15 5-0 At The African Youth Games. / Nigeria U15 Beat Morocco U15 3-2 @ African Youth Games. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by blamingthedevil: 8:11am On Aug 20, 2022
Throwback:
Even the political size of Tinubu would make the Mauritanian running mate of Peter Obi consider withdrawing.

Mauritania is no match for a Nigerian.
God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by jersey4: 8:11am On Aug 20, 2022
It's just a matter of picking proportionally well grown boys.
They don't have a chance with a country like USA.
I appreciate and commend them for their honesty sha.

Over honesty want keep dem Mauritania ordinary football age dem nor fit arrange [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Elidrisy20: 8:12am On Aug 20, 2022
E no balance at all
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Nakuza(m): 8:12am On Aug 20, 2022
I supported Mauritania decision. I hate lies with passion.

8 Likes

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by dfrost: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2022
incandescentena:
shocked

Over honesty want keep dem Mauritania ordinary football age dem nor fit arrange

No dey show yourself for outside. E no good. Dishonesty and corruption is exactly what's dragging Africa backwards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Igwetech: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2022
As far as am concerned, Mauritanias won the match. How can those over aged adult manage to score only 6:0

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2022
oz4real83:
How most of these over-age players bypass the MRI scan still amazes me. I know you can't accurately judge most times by just looking at only appearance but some of the players claiming a particular age are way past that age cheesy cheesy. The only under-age people I see in these competitions most times are the ......ball-boys cheesy cheesy grin

The truth is, there is no accurate test to detect age cheats.

Even MRI, which is better than many other tests, can still get it wrong (there is the story of a Nigerian based in the USA who brought his 16 year old twin sons to try out for U17 team. They went through MRI. One passed, one failed. Father thought that was strange cheesy and no, no mago mago anyway)

This article from Scientific American goes into more detail
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by wolebest: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2022
Age cheating in football competition in full glare. WAFU B West Africa, why now?
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by dfrost: 8:15am On Aug 20, 2022
toffyz:
Lol
E be lyk sey Mauritania na Learner 4 Africa football o

How dare you use real ages for under age tournament

Who does that, lol

And you are happy with this your comment? And you want a better Nigeria �� and Africa at large?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by BeanmanX(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2022
Africans,,,,, grin
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Unclefemolala(m): 8:16am On Aug 20, 2022
Nobody in that Sierra Leone team I'm seeing is less than 18

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by CheapHomes1: 8:16am On Aug 20, 2022
sweetonugbu:
Boys compeeting with their uncles, africa and age cheat.

Sierra Leone did nothing wrong. Mauritania brought children in junior secondary to come play children in senior secondar

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by CheapHomes1: 8:17am On Aug 20, 2022
Unclefemolala:
Nobody in that Sierra Leone team I'm seeing is less than 18

And nobody in the Mauritanian team is more than 13

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Smith414: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2022
incandescentena:
shocked

na the right thing to do?? To change your age??

So being honest don turn sin

2 Likes

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Onewazobia(m): 8:18am On Aug 20, 2022
Nasri100:

I say this everyday then I learnt to keep my opinion to myself cause these Africans don’t want the truth lol

For how long are going to be blaming the colonial master, I thought we suppose to have outgrown this stages

3 Likes

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by CheapHomes1: 8:18am On Aug 20, 2022
Igwetech:
As far as am concerned, Mauritanias won the match. How can those over aged adult manage to score only 6:0

How are they overaged?
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Doyou2019: 8:19am On Aug 20, 2022
etrouble:
These Sierra Leoneans have always been stupid. Imagine a 15 years old idiot dedicating goals to his wife and kids
grin

The Falconets are out there in the Americas beating teams like no tomorrow. They've been twice finalists of the U20s and once semifinalists. But watch when they graduate to the senior national team; to win a group game at a world tourney go come become Algebra.

Age cheating go end our sports las las.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by FireUpNow(m): 8:20am On Aug 20, 2022
Africa and age cheat. When will this nonsense stop ?
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by dazzlingd(m): 8:20am On Aug 20, 2022
Under 15 doesn’t mean picking 8 years old boys.
There are many 15 years old looking big and well proportioned

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2022
oz4real83:
How most of these over-age players bypass the MRI scan still amazes me. I know you can't accurately judge most times by just looking at only appearance but some of the players claiming a particular age are way past that age cheesy cheesy. The only under-age people I see in these competitions most times are the ......ball-boys cheesy cheesy grin

MRI tests work by showing if certain bones in the wrist have fused completely...if it has, player is over 17

The problem is, the age of fusion can vary. You can have a 19 year old whose bones are still not fused.

The variation issue is even worse in women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by CheapHomes1: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2022
jersey4:
It's just a matter of picking proportionally well grown boys.
They don't have a chance with a country like USA.
I appreciate and commend them for their honesty sha.

Its not about honesty. They didn't do the needful as stated in your first paragraph. They felt that since it's U15, then it's ok to bring 11year olds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Doyou2019: 8:22am On Aug 20, 2022
Nakuza:
I supported Mauritania decision. I hate lies with passion.

Surprise! Surprise!!

Most Nigerians have a soft spot for cheating and corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Nasri100(m): 8:26am On Aug 20, 2022
Onewazobia:

For how long are going to be blaming the colonial master, I thought we suppose to have outgrown this stages

Let Africa be Africa.
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Snapchat: 8:30am On Aug 20, 2022
etrouble:
These Sierra Leoneans have always been stupid. Imagine a 15 years old idiot dedicating goals to his wife and kids

It’s not true and you should know that true. This is one of the disadvantages of ‘cruise’, people like you tend to believe it as facts.

2 Likes

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Kog45(m): 8:34am On Aug 20, 2022
Kai what a cheat...my son is 13 years old,well built but look exactly like these Mauritania players facially.

3 Likes

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by SavageResponse(m): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2022
seunaj:
Mauritania was trying to be truthful. Eeyah.. Poor Mauritans. Good man node pay for Africa. The system was designed by the colonial masters to favor injustice in order to perpetually keep Africa as a shithole, a dumping ground and the manpower for modern slavery branded visa lottery.

Is it the colonial masters that told African countries to age cheat during tournaments?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by mysticwarrior(m): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2022
This is brutality.
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Owopariola001: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2022
Skibani99:
We Africans should do away with this culture of fielding overaged players for age-grade tournaments

How many underage Africans have the physical body and know how to play these energy-sapping games?

Many Africans are "late bloomers" in terms of physical appearance, and this could be a result of underfeeding.

How many Africans eat a balanced diet in high quantity?

In Nigeria, most families feed their kids with Ogi, with #50 Akara, Eba with a tiny meat/fish, Rice with only stew, Beans and Garri, etc.

How will you now compare with Europeans and Americans that have plenty of food at cheaper prices?

Even different kinds of meats and fish are very affordable there.

Forget it, there is a reason most young Africans raised in European / North American countries grow bigger than their age groups here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Moneyboyz: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2022
The price for being honest.

The opponent's are definitely not under 15.
Assuming these opponents are whites I would have said it's okay. Mauritania should be given award for honestly.
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by seunaj: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2022
SavageResponse:

Is it the colonial masters that told African countries to age cheat during tournaments?
Read between the lines àbí you no get sense??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Madrid Officials In Rivers As Club Begin Building Of Football Academy. Pics / Pinnick To Commission France Vs Belgium World Cup Semi-final Match / Kanu Nwankwo Celebrates His 43rd Birthday With Love Up Photo With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.