Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents (32912 Views)

Nigeria U15 Boys Arrive Abuja After Four-nation Invitational Tournament / Nigeria U15 Beat Djibouti U15 5-0 At The African Youth Games. / Nigeria U15 Beat Morocco U15 3-2 @ African Youth Games. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by jrusky(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2022
Best decision, the difference is killing.

How can these little boys I'm seen in Mauritania team stand these big men in Sierra Leone team?

Best decision.
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Kog45(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2022
dazzlingd:
Under 15 doesn’t mean picking 8 years old boys.
There are many 15 years old looking big and well proportioned
My boy is 13 years old,playing the game with 17 years old boys cos he has the height but everybody knew he is a small boy... I told a guy that Taiwo Awoniyi used his real age,just check out Japan 93 it was very obvious that Celestine Babayaro used his real age... imagine Okocha and Kanu are still under 50.
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by yusluvad(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2022
This is very bad. The age differences is clear. U15 vs U25...

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by just2endowed: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2022
Sucre6:
Them no dey use MRI for them? WTF grin

Question is, can wafu afford mr scan?

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:47am On Aug 20, 2022
naptu2:
More
That post will most probably be fake news.
Was the poster on the field to know that he dedicated the goal to his wife and good l child?
Naptu2 should learn to filter some stuff you post from the net
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:47am On Aug 20, 2022
oz4real83:
How most of these over-age players bypass the MRI scan still amazes me. I know you can't accurately judge most times by just looking at only appearance but some of the players claiming a particular age are way past that age cheesy cheesy. The only under-age people I see in these competitions most times are the ......ball-boys cheesy cheesy grin
Same MRI that screen out Ndidi at under 17... Ndidi would later play under 20 then doing well today.. MRI checks only bone so it's not an accurate way to check age... Again physical appearance doesn't mean much... Which Ball mauritania sabi self...
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Kog45(m): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2022
Owopariola001:

How many underage Africans have the physical body and know how to play these energy-sapping games?

Many Africans are "late bloomers" in terms of physical appearance, and this could be a result of underfeeding.

How many Africans eat a balanced diet in high quantity?

In Nigeria, most families feed their kids with Ogi, with #50 Akara, Eba with a tiny meat/fish, Rice with only stew, Beans and Garri, etc.

How will you now compare with Europeans and Americans that have plenty of food at cheaper prices?

Even different kinds of meats and fish are very affordable there.

Forget it, there is a reason most young Africans raised in European / North American countries grow bigger than their age groups here.
Sir,it is our mindsets and we need to change itAll we need is to introduce our boys to the game very early.I remember having a neighborhood guy who was in SS2 in secondary school then and was in Japan 93 team but later dropped for Celestine Babayaro who equally was in secondary school.
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Nwaajasa: 8:50am On Aug 20, 2022
incandescentena:
shocked

Over honesty want keee dem Mauritania. ordinary football age dem nor fit arrange
hahahaha, They're still learning but didn't forget that countries like China, Japan and Korea looks U20 even when they are over 40
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2022
treatise:
it doesn't follow, I know a man who's 6-foot plus whose son turned 14 few days ago and the son is already taller and bigger than the father.
people are just emotional here... That's all I see from the reactions... If u see some pple I senior for age u ll think am their junior..
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by incandescentena: 8:52am On Aug 20, 2022
Nwaajasa:
hahahaha, They're still learning but didn't forget that countries like China, Japan and Korea looks U20 even when they are over 40

See wahala 40 ke?
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by NwokoloOwa: 8:58am On Aug 20, 2022
Sierra Leone, why now. This is not fair.
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Owopariola001: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2022
Kog45:
Sir,it is our mindsets and we need to change itAll we need is to introduce our boys to the game very early.I remember having a neighborhood guy who was in SS2 in secondary school then and was in Japan 93 team but later dropped for Celestine Babayaro who equally was in secondary school.

Lol. This is Babayaro in the picture below in 1993. Even though he might be 15 or so like he claimed, he has the physical body already. How many 15years old in Nigeria can have such a physical body and still know how to play the game?

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by olisaEze(m): 9:03am On Aug 20, 2022
sweetonugbu:
Boys compeeting with their uncles, africa and age cheat.

We no do am reach South America! grin

In South America, Brazilian talent Carlos Alberto was just a youngster when he won the 2003 FIFA World Youth Championship with the Selecao, or at least that was what everyone was made to believe.

Upon investigation into his documents, it turned out that Alberto was born in 1978, and not in 1983 as he had claimed. The Brazilian said he forged his papers because he was desperate to help his family, and subsequently received a ban of one year
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by googlepikins: 9:03am On Aug 20, 2022
alpharoyalty:
Waiting to see what Nigeria presented. grin grin

Nigeria Na 35 years old short people
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Gbeng30(m): 9:04am On Aug 20, 2022
It's obvious they are playing against their uncle, this is serious, and it's a major problem of African football using of over age player

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by sweetonugbu: 9:05am On Aug 20, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Sierra Leone did nothing wrong. Mauritania brought children in junior secondary to come play children in senior secondar
you are funny.
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Eleyigidgan: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2022
Sucre6:
Them no dey use MRI for them? WTF grin
what is MRI?
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Sucre6: 9:09am On Aug 20, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
what is MRI?

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a medical imaging technique that uses a magnetic field and computer-generated radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues in your body which could 99% reveals your true age.
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by deltateam: 9:13am On Aug 20, 2022
naptu2:
Andrew Randa @RandaAndrew

https://twitter.com/RandaAndrew/status/1560617505990643715

Sierra Leone is in blue jersey and Mauritania is in white.

David and Goliath.

Africa and fraud. I also doubt if both teams are of same age. Sierra Leone probably fielded 17 - 24 years players

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by showafrica(m): 9:17am On Aug 20, 2022
incandescentena:
shocked

Over honesty want keee dem Mauritania. ordinary football age dem nor fit arrange

Fifa will now look into this African age. Lies doesn't stay forever on the truth does. I am sure very soon a technology will start showing real ages or a strict verification process will soon start taking place in under age football. Mauritania wants to start living by example. In Peter Obi voice, it is better to lose by doing the right thing than to win doing the wrong thing
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2022
Sierra Leone players looks under 25 grin

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by stuffs4me(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2022
etrouble:
These Sierra Leoneans have always been stupid. Imagine a 15 years old idiot dedicating goals to his wife and kids

Very funny. grin
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by incandescentena: 9:21am On Aug 20, 2022
showafrica:

Fifa will now look into this African age. Lies doesn't stay forever on the truth does. I am sure very soon a technology will start showing real ages or a strict verification process will soon start taking place in under age football. Mauritania wants to start living by example. In Peter Obi voice, it is better to lose by doing the right thing than to win doing the wrong thing

Politicians age should also be looked into in Naija. Especially Tinubus age

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by doneback04: 9:23am On Aug 20, 2022
This one no be intimidations for football
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by davies(m): 9:25am On Aug 20, 2022
Corruption & Exploitation is the bane of Africa Development
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by chloride6: 9:26am On Aug 20, 2022
Lmao…they really went for U15 grin

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:26am On Aug 20, 2022
Very funny
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by donbenie(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2022
oz4real83:
How most of these over-age players bypass the MRI scan still amazes me. I know you can't accurately judge most times by just looking at only appearance but some of the players claiming a particular age are way past that age cheesy cheesy. The only under-age people I see in these competitions most times are the ......ball-boys cheesy cheesy grin
They did not do any MRI..
This is a regional competition..
MRI scan no be 10Kobo..
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by donbenie(m): 9:33am On Aug 20, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
people are just emotional here... That's all I see from the reactions... If u see some pple I senior for age u ll think am their junior..
Which emotional?
Maybe one or two are old looking for their ages,not the whole squad..
We are talking about U15s..
These faces have lost the glow of early teens..

1 Like

Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Gabbriell: 9:42am On Aug 20, 2022
dazzlingd:
Under 15 doesn’t mean picking 8 years old boys.
There are many 15 years old looking big and well proportioned

Well, 8 years old is still under 15 (technically)
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by Konjiboii: 9:46am On Aug 20, 2022
So this guy don dey okay for Sierra Leone team, guy when we dey drink and smoke weed together, dey pursue woman that 5 years ago.

I'm lying obviously but no way they are 15
Re: Mauritania Withdraws From U15 Tournament Because of Size And Age Of Opponents by meobizy(f): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2022
Those children have never seen a gym in their lives and look too pampered. Next time they’ll get players at the upper limit of physicality. This was a learning experience for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Celebrates His 43rd Birthday With Love Up Photo With Wife / Pinnick To Commission France Vs Belgium World Cup Semi-final Match / Real Madrid Officials In Rivers As Club Begin Building Of Football Academy. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.