Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri (31679 Views)

Wife Of Olu Of Warri, Olori Atuwatshe 111 Shines On Cover Of VGlamour Magazine / Video Of Olu Of Warri Playing Basketball / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by femisplash: 7:05pm On Aug 20, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Are.you high ? What does the Olu of warri have to do with your Southwest?

What is wrong with you this Boyz? Are you on something?
Sit down and learn, son
https://www.nairaland.com/7055474/olu-warri-visits-abiodun-predicts

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by kabasa24: 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2022
Number one Tinubu man, long life the the king

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by chiefolododo(m): 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2022
gbaskiboy:
Between Olu of Warri, Obi of Onitsha, Oba Rilwane of Lagos, Oba of Benin and Oba Adeyeye of Ile Ife who is the most revered and most powerful?
OONI OF IFE IS THE GREATEST KING IN NIGERIA

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Richy4(m): 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2022
The decoration inside that auditorium was really good cool
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2022
gbaskiboy:
Between Olu of Warri, Obi of Onitsha, Oba Rilwane of Lagos, Oba of Benin and Oba Adeyeye of Ile Ife who is the most revered and most powerful?
Ask yafather

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Asour: 7:13pm On Aug 20, 2022
Shollyjay90:
All these Kings in Nigeria, can someone please explain to me, their significant or value to the Nigeria economy.

undecided tongue

They are ceremonial custodians of culture.
Serving to remind us of our pre-republic governance structure/culture.

They also could serve as arbiters in mediating/ resolving issues that our political government (in lack of will/face) or Judiciary (in its lengthy hesitance) would be unable to solve.

I know that you worry about their costs of funding them/their lifestyle. And you'll be right to.

But know that the funding is only an issue because we don't explore tourism here enough.
In the UK, Buckingham generated ~£50m in 2020
(Per statista) https://www.statista.com/statistics/373081/uk-royal-tourism-admission-numbers-by-establishment/#:~:text=Royal%20tourism%20in%20the%20UK&text=Income%20from%20ticket%20admissions%20to,British%20pounds%20in%20retail%20sales.

Now what is the cost of funding them? Is it beneficial? Etc. Well that's still subjective.
Remember, Not everything that counts can be counted.
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Emperorx: 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
gbaskiboy:
All of them is powerless only Jesus is powerful

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by kiyomi(m): 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2022
Traditional rulers in d country are just there doing nothing,just partaking in wasting our resources Nd dy nevs say the truth sgsunst d govt. thsts there source of wealth.
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by diplomat058(m): 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Are.you high ? What does the Olu of warri have to do with your Southwest?

What is wrong with you this Boyz? Are you on something?

You're the nosy ignoramus here. Even the Ogiame has proclaimed himself, repeatedly, as a descendant of Odua. Why don't you face Aba and mind your hierarchy-less culture there?

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Gkay1(m): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
I miss big warri

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Kingozymandias(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2022
diplomat058:

You're the nosy ignoramus here. Even the Ogiame has proclaimed himself, repeatedly, as a descendant of Odua. Why don't you face Aba and mind your hierarchy-less culture there?

Ozowor ...
Emabule no wa iyekowa

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Shollyjay90(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2022
Asour:

There are ceremonial custodians of culture.
Our pre-republic governance structure.

They also could serve as arbiters in mediating/ resolving issues that our political government (in lack of will /face) or Judiciary (in its lengthy hesitance) would be unable to solve.

I know that you worry about their costs of funding them/their lifestyle. And you'll be right to.

But know that the funding is only and issue because we don't explore tourism here enough.
In the UK, Buckingham generated ~$50m in 2020
(Per statists) https://www.statista.com/statistics/373081/uk-royal-tourism-admission-numbers-by-establishment/#:~:text=Royal%20tourism%20in%20the%20UK&text=Income%20from%20ticket%20admissions%20to,British%20pounds%20in%20retail%20sales.

Now what is the cost of funding them? Is it beneficial? Etc. Well that's still subjective.
Remember not everything that counts can be counted.

God bless you bro......
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Zetty177x: 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2022
gbaskiboy:

Oba of Benin

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by crossbreedwears(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2022
Oba of Benin oh. That one na Spirit on its own
gbaskiboy:

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by ifihearam: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2022
Long May you reign
Ogiame!!! Suo!!!

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by diplomat058(m): 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Ozowor ...
Emabule no wa iyekowa

Gillbrish!
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by uvie66: 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2022
Shollyjay90:
All these Kings in Nigeria, can someone please explain to me, their significant or value to the Nigeria economy.

undecided tongue
the weak me....olu this, obi that, Ovie, ooni, oba, bla bla, bla, the Economy is still going downhill, security is still a problem and price of bread have gone through the roof.
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Onogiede(m): 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2022
gbaskiboy:
PBA of Benin kingdom is most powerful among the rest listed within,.. Benin is a nation of his own been filled up of history and fact,..

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by uvie66: 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2022
Asour:

They are ceremonial custodians of culture.
Serving to remind us of our pre-republic governance structure/culture.

They also could serve as arbiters in mediating/ resolving issues that our political government (in lack of will/face) or Judiciary (in its lengthy hesitance) would be unable to solve.

But know that the funding is only and issue because we don't explore tourism here enough.
In the UK, Buckingham generated ~$50m in 2020
(Per statists) https://www.statista.com/statistics/373081/uk-royal-tourism-admission-numbers-by-establishment/#:~:text=Royal%20tourism%20in%20the%20UK&text=Income%20from%20ticket%20admissions%20to,British%20pounds%20in%20retail%20sales.

Remember not everything that counts can be counted.
....and that is the main issue, FUNDING, if they were self funding nobody will complain, but in a country were the populace live on one dollar a day it is abnormal.
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Emperordynasty: 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2022
gbaskiboy:
The most revered and respected is The Oba Benin,

Historically the most powerful is still the Oba of Benin both military and spiritually ...
Although presently having no governmental power

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Nosayer: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2022
Shollyjay90:

undecided tongue

If you can explain the significance of people's culture and traditions, then you have your answer.
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by toujurs: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
Shollyjay90:

undecided tongue
Zero significant, Bro. Government pay them.
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by toujurs: 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2022
gbaskiboy:
You are a very big fool Asking such a stupid question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by babajero(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2022
NwaNimo1:
I know an Olu.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216404.gif[/img]

....but he's of Lagos.
that one is fake from Lagos.
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Babalola0920: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
Shollyjay90:

undecided tongue

Just as we can't explain Queen of ENGLAND significant to the society or economy
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by akaypary442(m): 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
gbaskiboy:
Benin

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by castrokins(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
Where's Ayiri Emami?
Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Procarpenter: 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2022
Call or WhatsApp me for your roofing work and roofing sheet installation with 20% discount going on With 100% warranty on all my work I work worldwide contact me through my signature below

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by paradigmshift(m): 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
gbaskiboy:
oba of benin, no comparison pls....all those ones u listed are kids

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by paradigmshift(m): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2022
chiefolododo:
OONI OF IFE IS THE GREATEST KING IN NIGERIA
be deceiving urself . King wey dey leak politician yansh lol

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From The First Coronation Anniversary Of Olu Of Warri by Janaryla5: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2022
Gxgege

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Interesting Facts About The Ancient Yoruba Culture / Igbos In Diaspora Build Mud Houses With Whites To Exhibit Culture / Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.