Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market (2968 Views)

Alaba Market Fire: Police Arrested "Suspected Criminals", Set Shanties On Fire / Benjamin Hundeyin: The Crisis At Alaba Market Had No Ethnic Correlation / Ifeanyi Ubah Stopped By Traders From Campaigning At Alaba Market: Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Aderewah: 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2022
The Lagos State Government has finally issued a quit notice to occupants of the notorious Alaba Rago International Market in the Ojo Local Government Area of the state.

The market has in recent times been described as the hotbed of criminal activities like arms stockpiling, robbery, child prostitution and other forms of crime.

Recall that a large cache of arms and ammunition were last week recovered at the market by detectives from the Lagos State Police Command.

The Rapid Response Squad on Thursday said: “After several months of negotiation between Lagos State Government and representatives of the occupiers of Alaba Rago over the modernisation of the market, government through a joint team of Rapid Response Squad and Lagos Taskforce, has given the occupants of Alaba Rago a 14-day ultimatum to vacate the market.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/lagos-government-to-demolish-alaba-rago-market-over-alleged-arms-stockpiling-crimes/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2022
It would definitely affect many souls!
Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Floorbeat(f): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2022
Alternative should be given to people first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by blazingblender(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2022
Why Dem wan demolish am na?
Hmmm i pity the traders they ooh
Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
etrouble:
Flat headed criminals should go back to their states
Sometimes I think you just chasing clout

Your comment no follow at all

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by wittywriter: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
APC is a plague...
Know this and know peace.

© Wittyness

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by etrouble: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
This is targeted at the igbos , but yorubas making a living in this market too will be greatly affected

Yes, go back to your region

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2022
etrouble:

Yes, go back to your region
You're from Osun state and you're telling Lagos indigine to go back to his state , where?

24 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Arysexy(m): 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2022
Story.

Alaba Arago is Hausa quarters

13 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by FreeStuffsNG: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
This is targeted at the igbos , but yorubas making a living in this market too will be greatly affected
You see why your old moniker princefromlagos became defunct; you are not from Lagos but being an impostor from Owerri, Imo state sir.

In Lagos Yoruba that you are not farmiliar with, Alaba rago means the alaba where ram is sold and it is mostly inhabited by my northern brethren. It definitely can do with an upgrade and opened up like Obalende and Idi araba.

I am sure that Lagos state government will compensate them greatly. The other Alaba is for electronics and mostly by non-yoruba southerners, it may be affected by the LASG relocation policy too wink
check my signature for freebies!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hmm
Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Herdsmen: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
An Hausa settlement

Even if they demolish and rebuild Na igbos go still buy am ..

Yoruba no fit maintain Lagos .. Lagos without igbos is the world dirtiest slum ever existed and occupy by humans .

Igbos and other tribes in Lagos .. are the pillars and builders of modern Lagos

Ibadan is a typical example of a Yoruba sit .. even with all modernity and development.

I love IBadan ..

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You see why your old moniker princefromlagos became defunct; you are not from Lagos but being an impostor sir.

In Lagos Yoruba, Alaba rago means the alaba where ram is sold and it is mostly inhabited by my northern brethren.
I am sure that Lagos state government will compensate them greatly. The other Alaba is for electronics and mostly by non-yoruba southerners, it may be affected by the relocation policy too wink
I'm not from the trenches and neve been to alaba rago
....but thanks for clarification

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by hisgrace090: 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2022
Some section of this country have been illegally acquiring arms and ammunition to annihilate others with this present govt support.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by FreeStuffsNG: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

I'm not from the trenches and neve been to alaba rago
....but thanks for clarification

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Salvador1: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2022
Na hausas own/full that market it will affect them deeply.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Salvador1: 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
no bro it's targeted to hausas.
It's a den of hausas.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Salvador1: 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2022
etrouble:
Flat headed criminals should go back to their states. Just watch as we are strategizing for the next election. We will show you why we are always miles ahead of you
do u know that place is full of hausa population.
If they demolish it. hmmmm... it will definitely affect tinubu presidential aspiration. Cos those hausas will protest.
Moreover remember kwankawso came visiting them earlier this year or last year.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Stargangz: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2022
We will not take it! The LASG are embarking on a suicide mission, even Sanwo-Olu go collect wotowoto.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Patriotsleague: 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2022
That place is a nuisance. It should be demolished. A mega city don't need a market filled with thieves selling fake products and untested electronics. The way they harrass people in the market is unbecoming. Good move from the government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Patriotsleague: 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2022
Salvador1:
do u know that place is full of hausa population.
If they demolish it. hmmmm... it will definitely affect tinubu presidential aspiration. Cos those hausas will protest.
Moreover remember kwankawso came visiting them earlier this year or last year.
Why complaining over somebody's else headache?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by CaptainAyub: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
booblacain:

Alaba rago is not the same as Alaba international market. Alaba rago is the section where Hausas are in Alaba and that place is mainly an eyesore. Alaba International on the other hand is much cleaner and way more organized.

Just taught I should educate you on that.
Na ikirun and iragbiji all of them dey,de shout "leave awa Lagos"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Salvador1: 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Why complaining over somebody's else headache?
is it your headache?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by 3ple9iner: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2022
booblacain:

Alaba rago is not the same as Alaba international market. Alaba rago is the section where Hausas are in Alaba and that place is mainly an eyesore. Alaba International on the other hand is much cleaner and way more organized.

Just taught I should educate you on that.
Thanks for correcting them but I hope you understand what is "Organized"

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by neonly: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2022
Jennifer663:
It would definitely affect many souls!

Guy dat place should have been demolished years ago
D first tym bike carry pass der fear catch me
Hausa direct from Hausa dis ones were real killers no need to ask I just dey pray make d bike man carry commot dee quickly

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2022
neonly:

Guy dat place should have been demolished years ago
D first tym bike carry pass der fear catch me
Hausa direct from Hausa dis ones were real killers no need to ask I just dey pray make d bike man carry commot dee quickly
Alright

Perfect!
Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by huptin(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2022
Alaba rago is dominated by the hausas not Igbos...that place is an example of what should never be. Horrible to say the least!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Alaba Market by Eketem: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
Aderewah:
The Lagos State Government has finally issued a quit notice to occupants of the notorious Alaba Rago International Market in the Ojo Local Government Area of the state.

The market has in recent times been described as the hotbed of criminal activities like arms stockpiling, robbery, child prostitution and other forms of crime.

Recall that a large cache of arms and ammunition were last week recovered at the market by detectives from the Lagos State Police Command.

The Rapid Response Squad on Thursday said: “After several months of negotiation between Lagos State Government and representatives of the occupiers of Alaba Rago over the modernisation of the market, government through a joint team of Rapid Response Squad and Lagos Taskforce, has given the occupants of Alaba Rago a 14-day ultimatum to vacate the market.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/lagos-government-to-demolish-alaba-rago-market-over-alleged-arms-stockpiling-crimes/

This is from May 19th why leave that part out?

1 Like

(1) (2)

Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? / Lagos Doles Out N167m Bursary To Lagos State Natives Studying In Various / Farouk Lawan Collected $600K Bribe - Video Of Legislooting - OBJ at work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.