Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? (2970 Views)

Poll: Census 2006: On What Day Were You Counted? <Please don't vote if you've not been counted>

Monday the 20th: 4% (2 votes)
Tuesday the 21st: 0% (0 votes)
Wednesday the 22nd: 6% (3 votes)
Thursday the 23rd: 25% (12 votes)
Friday the 24th: 33% (16 votes)
Saturday the 25th: 20% (10 votes)
Sunday the 26th: 8% (4 votes)
Monday the 27th: 2% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Stand Up And Be Counted. Say No To Xenophobia, Hate Speech And Tribalism Today / The Scandal Of Census Figures / Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by kimba(m): 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2006
My fellow Nairaland users,

I've not been counted o. In fact, they haven't showed up in my area. How about you?
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by bagoma(f): 10:46pm On Mar 23, 2006
where is your area?
i live in a tiny corner of lagos and was counted this morning.
it would have been yesterday, wednesday but i was unavoidably absent when the enumerators came. they repeated this morning and i was duly counted.
i'm very much afraid this census will turn out to be a flop. it saddens me just thinking of it. cry embarassed sad cry
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Badman888(m): 12:21am On Mar 24, 2006
They havnt counted my people in warri, wonder y dey are slow.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by kewe(f): 1:23am On Mar 24, 2006
they came around my end today but didnt get to my house. hopefully tommorrow
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by kimba(m): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2006
na wah o for this Census people.

One thing that pains me about this country is that we look for every opportunity to make money, and we'll do all we can to make the money - good or bad.

Did you read Yesterday's paper?
- Supposed to be Enumerators turned out to be Armed Robbers?
- They even arrested some fake enumerators at Ekiti State.

Worse, even those working their asses out to ENUMERATE, havent gotten paid.

Till now, ive not been counted. I think they just marked the house, my Area, Lagos
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Seun(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2006
I've been counted. This morning!

1 Like

Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Hero(m): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2006
Are homes and businesses in Nigeria numbered?  Are S.S. #'s given to the people at birth? Why are there so few traffic lights in the cities? About what percentage of the nation's drivers are actual licenced drivers? How many actually have insurance on their cars, and dose a car have to insured prior to being allowed to be taken out on the road, like here in the US? If not, they should implement this law,  and guaranteed the amount of crazed reckless drivers on the nations roads will drastically decrease. Dose Nigeria have an DMV like organization, and are are cars required to pass inspections before they can be taken out on the roads, like here in the US?
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Seun(m): 11:28pm On Mar 24, 2006
I don't see how insurance will make people drive more safely, but it's compulsory in Nigeria.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Hero(m): 4:19am On Mar 25, 2006
Seun:

I don't see how insurance will make people drive more safely, but it's compulsory in Nigeria.

If it is made mandatory for folks to have insurance before they are allowed to take a car out on the road, then the idea is that they'll drive more carefully, in that if they don't, and begin getting into a bunch of accidents, and compiling a bunch of traffic violations on their driving record, then their insurance rates will begin to become more and more expensive for them to maintain, in that they'll become more and more of a liability. It's actually a very effective system.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Seun(m): 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2006
If they don't have insurance, then they may lose their vehicles entirely and they'll have to pay for damages from their own pockets. That's a greater loss.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Hero(m): 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2006
Seun:

If they don't have insurance, then they may lose their vehicles entirely and they'll have to pay for damages from their own pockets. That's a greater loss.

Well that is if in fact their actually able to pay!! The demand that folks have insurance acts as not only a deterrent against reckless driving but also as a security net for those whom are the victim of those reckless drivers. By forcing people to have insurance, it will always insure that people whom receive damage to their cars, self or other properties will be able to receive payment from the person whom caused the damage with their vehicle, and in a timely manner.

If a person doesn't have insurance, then there's no guarantee that you get a payment from them for the damage they've done, or at least not in a timely manner. I person cant pay out what they don't have, and in another light, should not be made to spend their life savings paying for damages they may have caused by ACCIDENT. Insurance protects against both of these situations.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by OluAbuja(m): 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2006
The Census process was okay in my area, Kubwa in Abuja.
Everybody in my family got counted.

Nigeria is 46
Arise salute the nation
Come join the celebration
The people united will never fall
The sun shines, the rains fall
On our land, vast and mighty,
Richly blessed by the Almighty
Like bees in the hides who work
so add to make honey the flows

Original lyrics was written by Bongo Zikwe in the 80s.

PEACE TO NIGERIA smiley
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Hero(m): 6:57pm On Mar 25, 2006
Olu Abuja:

The Census process was okay in my area, Kubwa in Abuja.
Everybody in my family got counted.

Nigeria is 46
Arise salute the nation
The people united will never fall
The sun shines, the rains fall
On our land, vast and mighty,
Richly blessed by the Almighty
Like bees in the hides who work
so add to make honey the flows

Original lyrics was written by Bongo Zikwe in the 80s.

PEACE TO NIGERIA smiley

Nice, hear that!! Also to show just how important and serious OBJ is taking this thing,  he has obliged the callings of many state officials to extend the census period for another 2 days so to make up for the many unfortunate lapses in the first two days of the project. Things seem to be rolling along well know, know that OBJ has came out and talked about the situation and stated that he has personally saw to it that the money owed the enumerators whom haven't been paid yet were sent to a secure account in which will disperse to them their money at the conclusion of the census period.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by kimba(m): 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2006
hey, ive been counted!!!!

wowowowoww

im number Seventy-Three Million, eight hundred and seventy-one!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pls whats your number?
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Posh(m): 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2006
O boy what da hell is happening now? it looks like the whole thing is a set up by PDP.Can u imagine that up till now I have not been counted?Abi I no be Nigerian?
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by kissyspark(f): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2006
am in choba portharcourt, my friends and i weren`t counted. guess we are not nigerians cos it just ended
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by t4cash(m): 7:54pm On Mar 27, 2006
You forgot to include today monday the 27th
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by TYPOP(m): 8:16pm On Mar 27, 2006
I had to go to them to count me and they were even not certain who is to count me among themselves. Passing me from one person to the other until a lady decided to do it.
I've been counted anyway.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by ojd(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2006
I've not been counted ooo. The whole census procedure leaves much to be desired
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Layemi(f): 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2006
at last, i was counted on friday after waiting for long hours. i really dint think that accurate figures will be given.i believe most states will falsify there figures.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:40am On Mar 28, 2006
Can u believe Nigeria is the 9th largest country in the world, cheesy cheesy cheesy Wow o
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by twinstaiye(m): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2006
Can you believe this, I wasnt counted afterall after waiting for the enumerators. My house was not even marked for enumeration. Whatever the population figures released, just add 10 more people that makde up my house to the figure. That is just my own household, I am not sure of other figures in other houses in my street who are also not counted nor their house marked for enmeration. Na wah for this country. It got to a stage, that people in my estate here in Abuja are hijacking the enumerators to their house, just for them to be counted.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by chy(f): 11:43am On Mar 28, 2006
i was counted on wednesday and given the ticket(paper)
on thursday i got confused
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Badman888(m): 1:43pm On Mar 28, 2006
The census is now over and can you imagine before the result comes out is june WHATT shocked shocked shocked

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02/280306
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by blinx4real(m): 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2006
NPC compiles offenders names for prosecution
As curtains were drawn on the population and housing census, which lasted for seven days, the National Population Commission (NPC) in Enugu State yesterday said that it was compiling the list of persons who violated the census laws for possible prosecution . . . He said that those who hoarded census materials, those that perpetrated violence against census officials as well as those who refused to be enumerated would make up the list of those to be prosecuted.[i][/i]
"As soon as we finish compiling the names and get the witnesses, we will hand them over to the police for arrest and prosecution," he said. ThisDay p.3

Can you imagine this!!! So if you haven't been counted guess you are in trouble. grin
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by Badman888(m): 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy in their dreams they just want people to bribe them
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by cushman(m): 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2006
I've been counted. They asked me all sorts of questions like;

How many mobile phones do i own?

How many boxer shorts do i have, ? E.T.C

The whole thing was just too damn funny!
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by rilla64: 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2006
I was not counted.

I hereby renounce my citizenship.

Moving to Ghana.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by rilla64: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2006
I waited for 7 days and on the 7th day at about 3pm(an hour to the conclusion of the census), i left my house for 30 mins and that was it.
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by ojd(m): 12:38am On Mar 29, 2006
After keeping me and most people at home for seven days, I was not counted neither was my house marked for enumeration. I contest any result that will be released even before it is collated. The whole operation smells of the ever present and ugly "Nigerian factor"
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:46am On Mar 29, 2006
rilla64:

I was not counted.

I hereby renounce my citizenship.

Moving to Ghana.

LoL LOLOLOLOLOLOL grin grin grin
Re: Census 2006: Have You Been Counted? by chateau(f): 8:53am On Mar 31, 2006
I was counted on Saturday. I even gave them breakfast , Well, I beg, make them tell us how much we be o . June is too far cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

White Students Trick Black S.africans To Eat Stew With Urine(a Must Read) / Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) / Farouk Lawan Collected $600K Bribe - Video Of Legislooting - OBJ at work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.