Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting (26627 Views)

Is Handwriting Genetic? / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:48am On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
Beauty is relative.
Do you find anyone ugly?
If beauty is relative then ugly is also relative.
If we go by your idea of relativity, then the girl's handwriting isn't bad. She should continue like that.
God forbid!
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by descarado: 10:50am On Aug 21, 2022
Let the child be. Yet to see anybody become successful because of good handwriting.
Most times Nigerian parents font know they are crossing boundaries. They end up making their kids develop low self esteem which affect them in adulthood.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by wis3(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

Do you find anyone ugly?
If beauty is relative then ugly is also relative.
If we go by your idea of relativity, then the girl's handwriting isn't bad. She should continue like that.
God forbid!
Yes it is relative. What's beauty to you is ugly to another, ugly to you beauty to another. And besides, op said it's a child. Children as we all know are "still learning".
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jeromestarks: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
Yes it is relative. What's beauty to you is ugly to another, ugly to you beauty to another. And besides, op said it's a child. Children as we all know are "still learning".
They are learning. The more reason you should make sure they learn a good and "beautiful" thing.
Whatever she learns now will never depart from her.
Op, try to make sure your daughter learn a beautiful handwriting and her siblings will learn from her.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by oluwaseun89333: 11:13am On Aug 21, 2022
Handwritings are not the measure of an intelligence of a child. It would would have been worth it if the said materials increased the creativity and thinking ability of the child.Handwritings are not the measure of an intelligence of a child. It would would have been worth it if the said materials increased the creativity and thinking ability of the child....

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
Teaching her how to handle biro cannot correct bad handwriting because since she can already pen down something it means that phase has been achieved which is known as exercising of
the pixagrip.

What she needs now is a practical guide and lessons on how to achieve a good hand writing which I specialize in.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Collins4u1(m): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2022
Schools no longer do writing as a subject.. That's where calligraphy is developed

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by HeyHey(f): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
Was she left handed??, that is “una force am to change hand from left to right?, or una no look well wether the pikin Dey left handed”,

If yes, live with it
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Heterodox(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:
Good evening nairalanders, my daughter is in basic two with a bad handwriting. I have tried helping her by showing her how to handle Biro but no improvement.

Please recommend what to do.

She should be playing with other babies not learning good handwriting
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Heterodox(m): 4:26pm On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

They are learning. The more reason you should make sure they learn a good and "beautiful" thing.
Whatever she learns now will never depart from her.
Op, try to make sure your daughter learn a beautiful handwriting and her siblings will learn from her.
lol...you know how many time I changed handwriting growing up

You-all just be coming here making theories

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by ejimatic: 4:26pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:
Good evening nairalanders, my daughter is in basic two with a bad handwriting. I have tried helping her by showing her how to handle Biro but no improvement.

Leave her with her handwriting as long as her soellings are correct. Stop bothering yourself . We all have peculiar ways of writing
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by maziengr: 4:26pm On Aug 21, 2022
Get her a book called writing. She will be a Professor with the help of the book.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jojothaiv(m): 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2022
Uncle Felix, Uncle Iyanu, Uncle Olomola...

This is the boy you taught how to write with tears back then, it was terrible when I started out, I remember how I chalked down the each alphabets and numbers drenched in tears but look at how far we've come with the handwriting.

I'm forever grateful for all you've done for me and I wish you and yours well.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Offpoint1: 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

Let the kid be, when it's time for her to write proper she will.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by ednut1(m): 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
Nothing wrong with bad writing. We all cant write fine writing na. Rest
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Itsrm(m): 4:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
jeromestarks:

My girlfriend got her dream job because of how nice she wrote the application.
My mother is the secretary of a deputy governor in Nigeria; imagine if she had bad handwriting.
My brother got a job at a big company because he helped a pupil in his class wrote his name on his new books. The father saw how beautiful the writing was and he called my brother and offered him a job.

You never can tell where handwriting will take you to.

Funny how everyone around you just experiences a change of fortune due to thier handwriting

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by IsellSmartTvs: 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2022
Brilliant kids write poorly,but with time she will learn to adjust.
For the main u can get her writing books to aid the process
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by placeofallure(f): 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2022
Chaos14:
is she is left handed its the schools fault

Wow! See analysis. How's being left handed the school's fault? If you don't know about a topic, read stuff about it. Google is your friend. Go read about brain lateralization, go and read about the right and left hemisphere and more.
It will only be the fault of the school or any care giver to the child if they attempt to force her to change. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being left handed!
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by jholiz: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

Stop worrying. What if she is a born medical doctor?
Parents worry about a lot of unnecessary things. My daughter is like that, lefty and a medical doctor now.

Lets talk if you don't mind but stop worrying.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by oz4real83(m): 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2022
As a kid, you don't need to worry much but if the bad hand writing continues as your kid grows, there is a method I used in building my hand writing while in primary School. If I like the way somebody writes the letter "A", I start writing it that way. If I see another person with a better letter "b", I start writing it that way. The more I changed more letters, the more those letters reflected in my general hand writing cheesy grin. That was how I built my writing and people have always admired my writing through primary, secondary and up to university cheesy cheesy grin.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Chaos14: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2022
placeofallure:

Wow! See analysis. How's being left handed the school's fault? If you don't know about a topic, read stuff about it. Google is your friend. Go read about brain lateralization, go and read about the right and left hemisphere and more.
It will only be the fault of the school or any care giver to the child if they attempt to force her to change. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being left handed!
when i was younger i was forced to use my right hand but i wouldn't budge it was to late for me to continue so i had to repeat that class but with my left hand now so don't blame me blame the system
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by highbee02: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2022
1. Let her use pencil and not biro
2. Buy 2D excercise boook aka writing
3. Construct simple sentence like THIS IS A BAG
4. Let her write at a page per day
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by OMEGA009(m): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
OP, please leave the child. Bad handwriting is a sign of higher intelligence. I have a bad writing but I earn over 1m monthly. Who good writing epp?

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by bigiyaro(m): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

if you are in Abuja I can get you sank magic book. It's excellent for kids learning to write.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by highbee02: 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
wis3:
I understand but writings don't always have to look thesame. Writing books gives them a sense of how alphabets should look and helps keeps their writing in check. They'll improve with time.

Op, take this
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by khadaffi(m): 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

You already have some good suggestions but I own a school and have been changing the writings of several pupils for years. The first step is that it would have done a lot of good to see how she writes a sentence in a normal book. This is where we knows exactly what she needs to work on. Then you would definitely need writing book to train her. You would also need a 40 leaves notes for the training.

You monitor her training and after 2 months if there is no drastic improvement I will recommend a textbook you would use with the writing book and 40 leaves book.

You would need to show some dedication and encourage the child. You shouldn't be someone that gives up when the child is not picking up as fast as you want. Regardless of what the result is always let the child know everyone of us had one challenge or the other while growing up and we passed through it. He/ she will also pass this stage and get it.

Since I've been training students all my student usually develop a good hand writing within a maximum period of 3 months. It happens that kids are easy to train than adults.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Deepthoughts: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2022
rickpat:
get her alphabet writing textbooks...let her try to write the alphabets the way it's written in the textbooks....it might help her improve...but if she doesn't improve,let her be before you dampen her confidence.... provided she writes what people can understand...have you not seen the handwriting of most doctors?..doctors have the worst handwriting in the world...lol... handwriting doesn't determine intelligence...try a little to improve her..but don't pressure the little girl...good luck to your little genius!
Doctors don't have bad handwriting,what they normally write in hospitals is medical prescription using medical coded language that is very understood by those concern, doctors don't usually write like that in normal situations, please let's not mislead people, meanwhile the ability to write very well is a natural gift nevertheless good handwriting can also be developed,teach n encourage your child to write the alphabets individually within the line spaces, gradually as the child masters the art of writing he/she can learn to add some beauty to it while also combining the alphabets.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by placeofallure(f): 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2022
Chaos14:
when i was younger i was forced to use my right hand but i wouldn't budge it was to late for me to continue so i had to repeat that class but with my left hand now so don't blame me blame the system

Anyone who forced a left-handed child to use the more preferred right hand did so out of ignorance. There's a science behind it so it's best to let the child be. The workings of the brain of such children are different. About 10-15% of children are like that. Sometimes, it's hereditary, many times it's not. Just free the child.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Chaos14: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2022
placeofallure:

Anyone who forced a left-handed child to use the more preferred right hand did so out of ignorance. There's a science behind it so it's best to let the child be. The workings of the brain of such children are different. About 10-15% of children are like that. Sometimes, it's hereditary, many times it's not. Just free the child.
Thats the thing since the right hand is the majority they think all children should be right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: BBC Set To Expose More Nigerian Lecturers / How To Check JAMB Re-assignment Status / Simple English Test!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.