Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting (26575 Views)

Is Handwriting Genetic? / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Is This The Best Handwriting Ever? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Xantel(f): 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2022
Let her be, na doctor you born so
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Exceed15: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:
Good evening nairalanders, my daughter is in basic two with a bad handwriting. I have tried helping her by showing her how to handle Biro but no improvement.

Please recommend what to do.

I know few adult with bad hand writings but stinkingly rich , brilliant and successful. Don't disturb the innocent child again abeg!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by pharrelaustin: 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2022
Na our future doctor be dat o
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Ronjule: 8:55pm On Aug 21, 2022
Na so Doctors handwriting be
Dada4me:
Good evening nairalanders, my daughter is in basic two with a bad handwriting. I have tried helping her by showing her how to handle Biro but no improvement.

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Peskid147: 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

get her a writing book and some times children are like that as time goes on they will change there writing I was like that my primary sch hand writing was bad and wen i got to secondary school it was better compared to primary school then wen i got to the University it was more better.if u c my writing nw wow even in board meetings I do write minutes.but so far your child can identify what she is writing? Then there is no problem.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by cyrusolu(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
Get her a Magic Copybook with a pen holder to guide her hand coordination.

Check this post below for more information.
https://web.facebook.com/greatexglobal/videos/625811008896565/?ref=sharing&_rdc=1&_rdr
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by frozen70(f): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

It's too early to judge her writing but it's very early now to correct what you feel about it

Get her enough writting books that contain letters so that she can trace them both small amd capital letters
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by CaptainFM1: 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

Get her 3D handwriting note book. I can bet before she finished tracing 2 3D-notebooks she will be a professional calligrapher. Trust me on this, those books help. If you see my handwriting, even computer fonts cannot match it.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by AdedoyinO(f): 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dada4me:

You can try the Magic Practice copy book for your daughter. It is not a basic trace book. It will guide her to write alphabets and numbers correctly.

A set contains 4 books of numbers, alphabets, drawings and maths. It also comes with special ink that disappears after sometime leaving no marks behind, so the practice book is reusable as long as no permanent ink is used on it.

It is also perfect for preschoolers, kindergarten and nursery pupils who are just learning to write numbers and alphabets.

I sell the big size for 8k
Check signature for contact

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 22, 2022
The simple solution is this my beloved she might need to get glasses bad vision is a reason people write badly take her for an eye exam with corrected vision she might writeclearer than you ever imagined but firstly put God first, mama u suppose buy me one kolanut for this advice
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:01am On Aug 22, 2022
There are conditions like Irlens Syndrome which can cause this but that doesn’t mean this is what is happening. Diagnostics won’t hurt.

Practice will be one of the best solutions but I want to remind you that there is a known link between intelligence and bad penmanship. Don’t panic. Some of the world’s smartest people have bad handwriting and your child’s being messy doesn’t mean that you aren’t raising a little genius. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by omofela85(m): 2:48am On Aug 22, 2022
wis3:
Get her writing books , it helps keep their writing in line and with time, there should be some improvements.
I used 2D tire, my handwriting no change. Leave 2D matter person wey no go get handwriting no go get

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:52am On Aug 22, 2022
Ppl with bad handwriting are Intelligent naturally.. leave the poor rad

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by mylander(m): 4:52am On Aug 22, 2022
Dada4me:

Please, I will like you to let's know your daughter's age.

The age factor cannot be ruled out.

These days, we seem to be putting more pressure on these infants. We want a rapid result.
Some instances, we border and we burden these kids with things that is beyond their age.
We want a 2 year old to be writing well, we want 3 to 4 year old to be in Primary 2 or 3. Whereas, child's educational development is a gradual process that requires a lot to patience if we don't want to cause some psychological damage in the child.

Please, evaluate the school your child attends and see if they have trained and qualified infant teachers to handle your kid.
With right approach by well-trained infant teachers in the school and your parental support/guidance at home, the improvement desired in your daughter is assured.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by biosystech: 6:34am On Aug 22, 2022
Dada4me:

You have to put in the work.

Get that 2d exercise book with that red and blue line, write out sentences and ask your child to follow through. You know the one I am talking about, that one where the fgjpqy comes down the blue line unto the red, the bdhklt above the blue line unto the red and the rest of the letters within both blue line.

Ensure they use a pencil so that when they do not follow through, erase it and ask them to write it again. In addition, get these books with cursive styles in the market.

This should help shape the handwriting. DO NOT USE 3a exercise books.

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by fartguy: 7:29am On Aug 22, 2022
I have a magic books. It is four copies.it improves a child's writing,the calculation,numerals,drawing and also a pen holder for holding pen
It makes learning fun as the text disappears after sometime.
It is 10k and pay on delivery
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Blackdisciple(m): 8:17am On Aug 22, 2022
Dada4me:

Basic 2 and you are talking about hand writing chaiii , naija with the mentality of a child should just grow overnight ....
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Kelemu(f): 9:53am On Aug 22, 2022
My daughter is in basic 4, her writing ehn ! in fact I don tire. Her teachers said I should leave her that she is a DOCTOR.

Dada4me:

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by Dada4me: 10:02am On Aug 22, 2022
biosystech:
You have to put in the work.

Get that 2d exercise book with that red and blue line, write out sentences and ask your child to follow through. You know the one I am talking about, that one where the fgjpqy comes down the blue line unto the red, the bdhklt above the blue line unto the red and the rest of the letters within both blue line.

Ensure they use a pencil so that when they do not follow through, erase it and ask them to write it again. In addition, get these books with cursive styles in the market.

This should help shape the handwriting. DO NOT USE 3a exercise books.

Thank you, I'm grateful.
Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by chimeremodlyn: 11:59am On Aug 22, 2022
Dada4me:

A basic 2 child has no business using biro until basic 3. All in all, use patience and teach her. I tried it with my daughter and it worked. She has a very wonderful handwriting now. Pls always reward her anytime you notice an improvement. It will ginger her d more. Your child shd also be introduced to the cursive or nelson handwriting. It may make her slow but you will achieve result with patience. Also, buy many handwriting books. It helps too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by achimendy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2022
Dada4me:

Oga is a matter of time, very soon she will improve.

And also get some writing materials for her.

1 Like

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by AlphaTaikun: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
There are conditions like Irlens Syndrome which can cause this but that doesn’t mean this is what is happening. Diagnostics won’t hurt.

Practice will be one of the best solutions but I want to remind you that there is a known link between intelligence and bad penmanship. Don’t panic. Some of the world’s smartest people have bad handwriting and your child’s being messy doesn’t mean that you aren’t raising a little genius. cheesy

Nicely put 1stGenAmerican.wink

A lot of folks that grew up being criticised and looked down upon [with dyslexia and Attention Deficit Disorders] went on to put up stellar performances in various fields of human endeavor as child prodigies and influential adults.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting by AlphaTaikun: 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
chimeremodlyn:

A basic 2 child has no business using biro until basic 3. All in all, use patience and teach her. I tried it with my daughter and it worked. She has a very wonderful handwriting now. Pls always reward her anytime you notice an improvement. It will ginger her d more. Your child shd also be introduced to the cursive or nelson handwriting. It may make her slow but you will achieve result with patience. Also, buy many handwriting books. It helps too
Insightful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB 2017: How To Choose Your Institution For A Successful Registration / Emiene Amali-Adekwu Graduates As Best Southeastern University Lakeland Student / Senate Passes Bills To Establish 10 Tertiary Institutions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.