Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? (16954 Views)

My Dad Pension Is It Worth It / Is It Worth It? Leaving 50k Job In Ibadan For 150k Job In Lagos. / Is This N25,000 For A 6.30am To 10pm Cleaner Job Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by Threesha(f): 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2022
From DM

I recently got an interview invite for a job at Lekki Phase 1, I currently stay at Egan in Igando side, the pay is 200k, I want to know if it's worth it. I know I will get the job because before applying I knew the challenge they are currently and I proffered possible solutions

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by alukstea(m): 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2022
Very well worth it, depending on a few things.
1. Do you have a job at the moment, does it pay as much as that or close?
2. Do you have a plCe you could squat at on the island week days?
3. Do you see room for growth or other channels to earn while working?
4. Prospect for growth?

38 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by Hamachi(f): 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2022
Your terrible job is the dream of every unemployed.

Your house is the dream of every homeless.

Your smile is the dream of every depressed.

Your health is the dream of every ill.

Don't let difficult times make you forget your blessings.

164 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by Threesha(f): 5:28am On Aug 22, 2022
Hamachi:

True that

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by aylive02(m): 6:24am On Aug 22, 2022
Threesha:
From DM

. Go get it

5 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by pocohantas(f): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2022
How do we know?

You didn’t provide enough details on this job. What sector? How old is the firm? Why do they do?

Igando to Phase 1 is far.

200k salary can’t allow you enjoy life on the Island. Except you are very prudent, have a second source of income or a sponsor.

I hope it is not a “Real Estate” firm.

13 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by emmanuelbrown26: 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2022
U hv to factor some things, though d salary is not that bad or rough.
Since u proffered a solution to d company, it shows that u are a professional in ur field and u are in a better position to advice urself, since u didn't state d nature of job, is it sunday to sunday job? Did they provide accommodation?
That reminds me sir, a sister here is looking for a man that earn up to 200k. @Blessedmercy8, can and see ur future suitor ohhhh. Since a man wey dey earn 100k no dey OK, mak u cum see comr wey dey earn twice

8 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by GogetterMD(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2022
alukstea:
Very well sorry it, depending on a few things.
1. Do you have a job at the moment, does it pay as much as that or close?
2. Do you have a plCe you could squat at on the island week days?
3. Do you see room for growth or other channels to earn while working?
4. Prospect for growth?
Key questions

2 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by Reallife17: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2022
Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by sylve11: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2022
You knew you'd get the job, you applied for it. Now you are seeking our advice to confirm your fears. undecided cool

5 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by OLOKOESHIN: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hope no be thief work
Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by etrouble: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
I have a younger professional associate who works in Lekki and lives in Igando. He got a job in my company after his NYSC and was working directly with me. 9 months later, he got a job at Lekki with a pay of 150K, he was skeptical, but I encouraged him to go. I told him that I missed some of those opportunities in the past decades because of fear of the unknown and not wanting to leave my comfort zone. I assured him that I wont take another person for his position for the next 6 months so that in case he wants to come back, my company will re-employ him.

He has been on the job for over one year now. He is saving to JAPA as I advised him and as he too has seen in the society.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by ChocolateWine(f): 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2022
I hope it's not what I'm thinking, nairaland indirectly promoting prostitutes....love-vendor admins

3 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by AriseNews: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2022
Limited information provided

Meanwhile, Watch the interesting but touching story of Bbnaija Most creative and talented Housemates Hermes, Meet his mentally unstable Mum and two girlfriends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC-SFBaMyM8
Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by Legalcriminal: 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
Lol you can’t have savings of 10k at the end of the month and don’t even kill your self with stress
Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by AKEEMNAS(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
ChocolateWine:
I hope it's not what I'm thinking, nairaland indirectly promoting prostitutes....love-vendor admins
@ChocolateWine, if I may ask what are the factors you saw that triggered you to think such.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by Gkay1(m): 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hamachi:

Lovely quote. It gear up my faith, I lost my job since 2 months now and I m not feeling fine because of it especially being at home today's Monday. The quote just make me feel better now. God will make a way

8 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by ChocolateWine(f): 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2022
AKEEMNAS:

@ChocolateWine, if I may ask what are the factors you saw that triggered you to think such.

Have a nice day.

No be from my mouth you go hear am.

Nice day too.
Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by DenreleDave(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2022
pocohantas:
How do we know?

You didn’t provide enough details on this job. What sector? How old is the firm? Why do they do?

Igando to Phase 1 is far.

200k salary can’t allow you enjoy life on the Island. Except you are very prudent, have a second source of income or a sponsor.

I hope it is not a “Real Estate” firm.

You and this real estate matter ehnnnnn.

My frnd got a job and it was given an almost impossible target, las las the guy no reach one month, he left the job
Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by EmmyMaestro(m): 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hamachi:

Irony of life

1 Like

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by kevweboy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2022
Omo...
You should have considered all them odds before applying for the job.
The ball is in your court.

Hi, do you need a professional spray painter for your vehicles?
Contact the number below for the job.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by yinkbell: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2022
Used Play Station Console.
*1TB two slip pads.
* Plus 10 games installed;
I. FIFA21
ii11 mortal combat
iii. Hit Man
Iv God of war
V resident evil
Vi etc.
Price 190k.
Contact me via
Watsap; 07031818922
Hotline; 08159979663

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by uuzba(m): 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2022
dsds

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by pocohantas(f): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
DenreleDave:

You and this real estate matter ehnnnnn.

My frnd got a job and it was given an almost impossible target, las las the guy no reach one month, he left the job

I know them. Nothing you wan tell me about Lekki firms wey I no know. 90% are like that.

No structure.
No clear/defined career path.
MD/CEO is king and can hire, fire and owe at will.

Even the way they dress to work, you would know they are unserious. Because how would someone wake on a Monday morning, wear a flowery red gown with blonde weave and say you are going to a serious organisation.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by Kobicove(m): 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
etrouble:
I have a younger professional associate who works in Lekki and lives in Igando. He got a job in my company after his NYSC and was working directly with me. 9 months later, he got a job at Lekki with a pay of 150K, he was skeptical, but I encouraged him to go. I told him that I missed some of those opportunities in the past decades because of fear of the unknown and not wanting to leave my comfort zone. I assured him that I wont take another person for his position for the next 6 months so that in case he wants to come back, my company will re-employ him.

He has been on the job for over one year now. He is saving to JAPA as I advised him and as he too has seen in the society.

Do you even know where Igando is? shocked

Travelling from Igando to Lekki everyday cannot be good for anyone's health!

People dey suffer for this country o!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by vikiphy89(m): 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2022
etrouble:

Please I will to know about your company, Perhaps would like to apply if there's vacancy.
Re: Is It Worth It? Is This Advisable ? by SavageResponse(m): 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
Princebest:
I got banned by the mod on the excuse of having alternative handle.

The question is, did you notice any mischievous or fraud tendencies in my activities or post here?

A mod banning me for 10 years for having alternative handle, that's really laughable. I am very sure most of you mods are guilty of that too.

An account that has been on nairaland since 2011 and has been heavily engaging and active here suddenly suddenly got banned for alternative handle.

Shame on the mod that did it. When you should be going after the real fraudsters, you're flexing your muscles on an innocent user.

@Seun, please caution your mods.

WTF!

Banned for 10 years? shocked

Did you snatch his wife?! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Red Star Express (who Else Got This) / People That Get Jobs Without Connections And Work Experiences How Did You Do It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.