Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,078 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience (4898 Views)

Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update). / My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. / Zero Visibility At Toll/7up Road, A Case For Serious Concern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 6:12am On Aug 22, 2022
After a long year of working, I decided to take a break from work and embark on a two week vacation (leave as we all know it).

I will be going to Abuja by road.
Several reasons informed my decision to go by road. I can easily afford air travel but man, the thrills of road transport can never be over emphasized.

I am not a writer. But this thread was inspired by https://www.nairaland.com/7266856/asaba-maiduguri-via-abuja-road

I will be updating the thread as I move.

Cc missyojo come oooo

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by missyojo(f): 6:22am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:
After a long year of working, I decided to take a break from work and embark on a two week vacation (leave as we all know it).

Several reasons informed my decision to go by road. I can easily afford air travel but man, the thrills of road transport can never be over emphasized.

I am not a writer. But this thread was inspired by https://www.nairaland.com/7266856/asaba-maiduguri-via-abuja-road

Cc missyojo come oooo

Yaaaay!! Safe trip Bros

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 6:25am On Aug 22, 2022
I was supposed to drive but many things changed my mind.
For one, I have never done Lagos to Abuja by road. I have driven Lagos to Benin, Benin to Lagos, Benin to Abuja, Benin to Nsukka in Enugu, Enugu (Nsukka) to Lagos.
I have done this routes severally.
I scoured nairaland travel section for hints on how to get to Abuja from Lagos and the information wasn't quite impressive.
My initial plan was to follow some of these transport companies but I'm having second thoughts and my mom called to dissuade me. Plus, I didn't find a travel buddy cry driving long distance sucks without a travel buddy.

I woke up early and headed to the park at Maza Maza. The company I decided to use said they leave the park by 5-5:30am. Vehicle type is a Toyota Sienna.

It's 6:20 and we never move. grin grin I'm used to these kind of lamba so I'm not even bothered.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by robinso01(m): 6:29am On Aug 22, 2022
Wish you safe journey and bandit free road.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 6:31am On Aug 22, 2022
missyojo:

Yaaaay!! Safe trip Bros

Thank youuuuuu smiley
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 6:33am On Aug 22, 2022
robinso01:
Wish you safe journey and bandit free road.

Thanks chief.

From what I've heard and read, Lagos to Abuja route is safe.
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by Kimiso(m): 6:34am On Aug 22, 2022
Let the adventure begin
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by jazon(m): 6:37am On Aug 22, 2022
Safe
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 6:38am On Aug 22, 2022
First picture is my travelling bag. The long black contains clothes and shoes for two weeks. (Nigerian Police take note tongue)

The backpack contains my laptop.

The sack bag contains small foodstuffs for my brother. Momsy no let me rest. She Insisted I carry it. Me wey I no like load at all. I travel light.

Second picture is front of the Sienna.

Third is the back.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:39am On Aug 22, 2022
Correct na you I dey find since....

E just pain me say you nor go follow Onitsha bridge,so you can show the liars that claim the bridge is completed and cars are flying...

Greet those oloriburuki Police cum kidnappers from ORE to Benin
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:39am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:

Thanks chief.

From what I've heard and read, Lagos to Abuja route is safe.

you wear eyeglass for ear be that..

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:41am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:
I was supposed to drive but many things changed my mind.
For one, I have never done Lagos to Abuja by road. I have driven Lagos to Benin, Benin to Lagos, Benin to Abuja, Benin to Nsukka in Enugu, Enugu (Nsukka) to Lagos.
I have done this routes severally.
I scoured nairaland travel section for hints on how to get to Abuja from Lagos and the information wasn't quite impressive.
My initial plan was to follow some of these transport companies but I'm having second thoughts and my mom called to dissuade me. Plus, I didn't find a travel buddy cry driving long distance sucks without a travel buddy.

I woke up early and headed to the park at Maza Maza. The company I decided to use said they leave the park by 5-5:30am. Vehicle type is a Toyota Sienna.

It's 6:20 and we never move. grin grin I'm used to these kind of lamba so I'm not even bothered.

If you had used God is good..You would have met beautiful female nairalanders..Dem choke for that park

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 6:44am On Aug 22, 2022
I expect our route to be Lagos- Ibadan - Ikire- Ife - Ilesa - Akure - Owo - Okene- Lokoja - Abaji -Gwagwalada (gwags as I like to call it) - Zuba then Abuja city centre.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 6:47am On Aug 22, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
Correct na you I dey find since....

E just pain me say you nor go follow Onitsha bridge,so you can show the liars that claim the bridge is completed and cars are flying...

Greet those oloriburuki Police cum kidnappers from ORE to Benin

I'm not going via Benin. It's longer and the Benin - Auchi road is bad and filled with kidnappers.

I cannot go through Onitsha because I'm coming from the south western part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 6:49am On Aug 22, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

If you had used God is good..You would have met beautiful female nairalanders..Dem choke for that park

God is good dey drive 90-100 km/h

That is to slow for my liking. If the Lagos Ibadan road is as smooth as everyone says, you should be doing 140km/h but I understand they're trying to be safe. But then again, march the Moto small since the road good.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:53am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:

I'm not going via Benin. It's longer and the Benin - Auchi road is bad and filled with kidnappers.

I cannot go through Onitsha because I'm coming from the south western part of Nigeria.

where una come follow...How many road leads to Abuja

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:53am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:

God is good dey drive 90-100 km/h

That is to slow for my liking. If the Lagos Ibadan road is as smooth as everyone says, you should be doing 140km/h but I understand they're trying to be safe. But then again, march the Moto small since the road good.

ah..brotherly slow and steady win the race oo
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 7:10am On Aug 22, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

where una come follow...How many road leads to Abuja

If you're coming from Lagos, you'll do Lagos- Ibadan - Ikire- Ife - Ilesa - Akure - Owo - Okene- Lokoja - Abaji -Gwagwalada. Same route applies if you're coming from Ogun state, oyo, and Ekiti and ondo i suppose.
This is the route from South West.

If you're coming from South South Benin and Delta, you'll go through Auchi.

If you're coming from Enugu, you'll go through kogi and Benue. From Anambra, you'll go through kogi.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by Onyeka90210(m): 7:48am On Aug 22, 2022
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:32am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:

If you're coming from Lagos, you'll do Lagos- Ibadan - Ikire- Ife - Ilesa - Akure - Owo - Okene- Lokoja - Abaji -Gwagwalada. Same route applies if you're coming from Ogun state, oyo, and Ekiti and ondo i suppose.
This is the route from South West.

If you're coming from South South Benin and Delta, you'll go through Auchi.

If you're coming from Enugu, you'll go through kogi and Benue. From Anambra, you'll go through kogi.

sharp
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by KingAzubuike(f): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:
I expect our route to be Lagos- Ibadan - Ikire- Ife - Ilesa - Akure - Owo - Okene- Lokoja - Abaji -Gwagwalada (gwags as I like to call it) - Zuba then Abuja city centre.
You no Sabi road.

@ OyeofIkoTuN Lagos-Ibadan-Ogbomoso-Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa-Suleja-Abuja is a better route.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:45am On Aug 22, 2022
KingAzubuike:

You no Sabi road.

@ OyeofIkoTuN Lagos-Ibadan-Ogbomoso-Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa-Suleja-Abuja is a better route.

My brother..he is the one traveling and know his route.. This is first time I'm hearing his route though but cool
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 9:03am On Aug 22, 2022
KingAzubuike:

You no Sabi road.

If you followed closely, you'll see where I said that I have never traveled to Abuja from Lagos via road. I don't know the route. I only assumed that'll be the route that'll be followed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by chaarly(m): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2022
Safe trip bro

Don’t forget to buy agbado on your way wink

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by missyojo(f): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2022
Have you guys moved? Let's see pictures oo
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by Madmazel99(m): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:
instead of passing through Owo to Okene, make una pass through Owo-Ikare-Kabba-lokoja.

That Okene to Lokoja road no too good.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:

If you followed closely, you'll see where I said that I have never traveled to Abuja from Lagos via road. I don't know the route. I only assumed that'll be the route that'll be followed.

Yes sure sure.....
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by rtdCivilservant: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:

Cc missyojo come oooo
Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by colonelwealth(m): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2022
richmondefosa:

Cc missyojo come oooo

I like your thread already.
Kudos, safe journey and enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2022
missyojo:
Have you guys moved? Let's see pictures oo

We have moved o. The driver did not go through Lagos-Ibadan route. He said the road is terrible at some point.

He faced Benin -Ore road and said he'll climb the bridge at Ore and connect towards Owo. Who am I to argue with driver wey Sabi road pass me.

Oya see pictures.

I'm impressed with the driver. A young family and easy going guy. The road is free. He said it's because it's Monday and people aren't going to the East.

We're doing 130/140 km/h

So far, everything is fine. The AC made the car temperature go up so he turned the AC off.

As at the time of typing this, were at Ore heading towards Akure. We left Lagos late. The driver is good.

We're 4 young men and 3 ladies in the car. Two of the ladies are with 3 kids.

The moment we hit the road, they all slept off. Na me and driver dey gist. grin nice guy I must admit

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 11:12am On Aug 22, 2022
colonelwealth:

I like your thread already.
Kudos, safe journey and enjoy!

Amen. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience by richmondefosa(m): 11:16am On Aug 22, 2022
Temperature �️ don high oo. So we parked in front of NNPC pipeline and storage depot in Ore.

I never see agbado buy. Ebi pa mi. cry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch This Video Before You Think About Malaysia Or Singapore Visa / Travel / The Biggest Roundabout In West Africa: What needs to be done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.