Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND (36175 Views)

Chisom Chukwuneke Is Dead. Got 7 A1s In WASSCE (Obituary, Photos) / Ojelade Islamiyat: Best Graduating Student At Convocation Of Polytechnic Ilaro / 7 Universities That Offer Criminology In Nigeria And Everything You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by MyAmericandream(f): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
Basher8583:

Its even worse abroad where they don't even value your education.

The lady has not given details as to how she did it. Its just the same repetition up and down of HND to PHD. Its not possible. She should come out and give exact details of what she did. Was it a theisis of intrest that got her the Phd.

Whatever it is, must be really huge to make the universities skip bsc and msc for her.

It’s possible , I tried it with university of Alabama. (You must have a gp of at least 3.5/4.0 scale ).Without standardized test, they told me they’ve already dished out scholarship for the year. I was so desperate to leave, the frustration in Nigeria might make me lose my mind.

So I switched to Msc , three schools admitted me, one of them gave me 40% scholarship. That was how I disappeared oh.

If you are HND STEM , it’s an opportunity for you, you don’t need pgd/msc to be admitted for phd all you is a gp of 3.5 above.

1 Like

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Eriggs: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2022
Wonderful
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigIyanga: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2022
MyAmericandream:

It’s possible , I tried it with university of Alabama. (You must have a gp of at least 3.5/4.0 scale ).Without standardized test, they told me they’ve already dished out scholarship for the year. I was so desperate to leave, the frustration in Nigeria might make me lose my mind.

So I switched to Msc , three schools admitted me, one of them gave me 40% scholarship. That was how I disappeared oh.

If you are HND STEM , it’s an opportunity for you, you don’t need pgd/msc to be admitted for phd all you is a gp of 3.5 above.
Keep pushing. Check out University of South Dakota Vermillion. University of South Carolina, Columbia. Universities in Maine, New Hampshire etal University in North Dakota.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by jojothaiv(m): 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
BigBelleControl:
This can never happen in Nigeria. If you have an HND, you have to do a conversion BSc program before you can do MSc. If you decide to do master's directly, you end up with PGD or Professional Masters which is not applicable in all schools.

Even in the public and private service, HND and BSc are not on the same level with different salaries.
They must have seen something in her to offer her a direct Ph.D.
You're not far from the truth.

Islamiyat said her success in getting scholarships for PhD without going through a masters came with a lot of hard work and many years of consistency.

I quite skeptical when I read the boldened however, I'm glad you point that out with your comment.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigIyanga: 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
Basher8583:

Its even worse abroad where they don't even value your education.

The lady has not given details as to how she did it. Its just the same repetition up and down of HND to PHD. Its not possible. She should come out and give exact details of what she did. Was it a theisis of intrest that got her the Phd.

Whatever it is, must be really huge to make the universities skip bsc and msc for her.
Quit your negative mindset of saying not possible without trying.. then you’ll go further.
US doesnt discriminate btw hnd and bsc. Use google and apply to US schools…
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Tizmamoney: 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
Baba, what about ND, can it get me into 300 level in US university? it's ND distinction Engineering.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigIyanga: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
jojothaiv:

You're not far from the truth.

Islamiyat said her success in getting scholarships for PhD without going through a masters came with a lot of hard work and many years of consistency.

I quite skeptical when I read the boldened however, I'm glad you point that out with your comment.
Of course smart people study chemistry to PhD. US schools offfer PhD because most scholarships cover tuition to PhD level. She’ll be required to take MSc courses and she can stop at MSc be awarded her MSc degree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigIyanga: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2022
Tizmamoney:

Baba, what about ND, can it get me into 300 level in US university? it's ND distinction Engineering.
Ask you universities u want to attend. Nigerians too like connect /internediary info. Use Google, contact 10-15 universities. 80% of them will respond and tell u their requirements. Dem no get Jamb. Every uni gets its own requirements

1 Like

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by kasim155: 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2022
Congratulations to her

1 Like

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Ijaya123: 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by lovinagbad: 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2022
Nasri100:
No big deal abroad. Land of possibilities. Nobody really gives a damn. How can you use your intelligence to better our economy and country is all they care about.

But in Nigeria it is. Country with a s*it hole and archaic educational system, you see the suffering-looking blacks with bony faces fighting over which is better between B.Sc and HND.

Unnecessary fanfare.
Ok Enemy of progress

African mentality grin
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by t2luv1: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2022
Nasri100:
No big deal abroad. Land of possibilities. Nobody really gives a damn. How can you use your intelligence to better our economy and country is all they care about.

But in Nigeria it is. Country with a s*it hole and archaic educational system, you see the suffering-looking blacks with bony faces fighting over which is better between B.Sc and HND.

Unnecessary fanfare.

African mentality grin

Good Lawd, how much I agreed with you. I left Nigeria out of frustration because I was told that even with a grade 2 in WAEC but since i didn't pass English I was asked to go back and retake. Today I worked from my own house designing/writing web based business applications for Fortune 50 companies. Have a B.Sc from the University of Michigan along with a Master's in Application Design Technology. Nigeria needs to revamp the educational system

2 Likes

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by DaInferno(m): 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
How she got the scholarships is what I'm most interested in. How did she do it?!
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigIyanga: 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2022
t2luv1:

Good Lawd, how much I agreed with you. I left Nigeria out of frustration because I was told that even with a grade 2 in WAEC but since i didn't pass English I was asked to go back and retake. Today I worked from my own house designing/writing web based business applications for Fortune 50 companies. Have a B.Sc from the University of Michigan along with a Master's in Application Design Technology. Nigeria needs to revamp the educational system

Naija is still teaching Fortran77

1 Like

Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
Abeg show me road ooooo...
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2022
BigIyanga:

Evidence of a calcified brain that didnt pass WAEC. Someone who doesnt know chemical formula of water shouldnt be typing. Sciences no be ur mate .. let alone organic chemistry. Go play with folks on LindaIkeji blog

Just seeing the misery on your face is satisfying.
Please go and die.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by crossbreedwears(m): 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2022
You understand our educational system bro. You said it all

Contact me if you need handmade footwear
BigBelleControl:
This can never happen in Nigeria. If you have an HND, you have to do a conversion BSc program before you can do MSc. If you decide to do master's directly, you end up with PGD or Professional Masters which is not applicable in all schools.

Even in the public and private service, HND and BSc are not on the same level with different salaries.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by crossbreedwears(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2022
It won't matter because we are currently on earth. Did you know having a PHD is a privilege? Did you know people will be willing to sit around you and listen to what you've to say? I wish I even have a BSC certificate talkless of PHD. You better congratulate her
phransix2:
am forced to ask, would all these matter in Heaven?
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
BigBelleControl:

They're not like us Mr Man. When they see talent, they pick it up. Africa self eh.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2022
phransix2:
am forced to ask, would all these matter in Heaven?
undecided see one of them. When others are talking about self-development, they're talking about religion and church and heaven. The signature of an African man. We've seen you.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
BigIyanga:

Naija is still teaching Fortran77
Jesus. Not even C or C++ at least Fortran. Oh boy, CS in Nigeria is a waste of time and resources. Tufia
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by parkervero(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
ask her about the ladies in Saudi and Afghanistan.
With that hijab around her head. Ask her if Islam promotes what she is pursuing. Wouldn't she have had 7 babies by now if she were married at 9 years and sold to a man in his 60ies at 6?

Let me defend muslims not islam here.

The teaching is Acquire knowledge even if it is in china

If you are conversant with quota forum you will know that there are many Saudis that pursue academic excellence up to PhD in the US, the UK and Canada.

I hate islam but I love muslims
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2022
Eagle360:
Why not Saudi Arabia, Oman, Afghanistan or Pakistan why infidel country like USA. Muric should condemn this selfish act from her.
You're obviously in the wrong thread. This thread is too advanced for your low quality brain, check in at the politics section to encounter your type. God bless.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by LienwaltAbel(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
ask her about the ladies in Saudi and Afghanistan.
With that hijab around her head. Ask her if Islam promotes what she is pursuing? Wouldn't she have had 7 babies by now if she were married at 9 years and sold to a man in his 60ies at 6?
What about Tunisia, Morocco, Azerbaijan, Egypt etc. From what I've seen, the women there are progressing a lot indeed.
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigIyanga: 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2022
IJEYdiamond:
Abeg show me road ooooo...
Go to Google, search US universities. If u contact 15 schools, 12 will reply. Dont be like most Nigerians who are averse to seeking direct and authentic info. Go direct to the source. Nobody can do it better than u
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigIyanga: 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2022
quentin06:

Please go and die.
Your groundnut no quick sell today?
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by damiloladuke: 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2022
dadebayo1:
Was expecting to read about the steps she took. The person who interviewed her did not do justice at all.. journalism is something else

Absolutely poor reporting. The writer was more concerned about ranking on Google. Just repeating keywords people might likely search for. SMH
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by Basher8583: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
MyAmericandream:

You are very correct but I am referring to Phd here
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigIyanga: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2022
quentin06:

Please go and die.
But you dont know the chemical components of water witjout Google… still dey question PhD in Chemistry..Olodo be ur mate?
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by BigIyanga: 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
dadebayo1:
Was expecting to read about the steps she took. The person who interviewed her did not do justice at all.. journalism is something else
Unless you joined Nairaland today.. there are tons of topics/threads on NL about education abroad. Google is ur best friend. News media wont do it for u cos it’s a boring process
Re: Islamiyat Ojelade Got 7 PhD Scholarships In 7 Universities In USA With HND by jojothaiv(m): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
BigIyanga:

Of course smart people study chemistry to PhD. US schools offfer PhD because most scholarships cover tuition to PhD level. She’ll be required to take MSc courses and she can stop at MSc be awarded her MSc degree.
It's getting clearer, your comments have been insightful.

What would you say about someone who has HND in Architectural Technology, what's the odd of going through that route too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues / Nigerian At Virginia State University Calls Cops For Noisy Roommates - Pictures / Download National Policy On Education – 6th Edition (2013)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.