Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

Deleted...... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Deleted...... (897 Views)

I Will Never Call This Girl Again, I Have Deleted Her Digits.... / Deleted Topic! / deleted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deleted...... by cottoncand(f): 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2011
sorry some people are just too negative
Re: Deleted...... by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2011
Yes O! WE ARE! Just that as with guys from other countries too, MOTIVES may differ!

1 Fantasy Factor
2 Green Card
3 Open Mindedness
These are just some reasons! Personally i am the no 3 kind of person! grin grin grin (Do you have any sister i can tango with?) wink
Re: Deleted...... by harakiri(m): 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2011
Do u ask such questions when an asian or spanish dude dates ur women? Are nigerians aliens? Of course we date women from other races.
Re: Deleted...... by lindabon: 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
sexkillz:

Yes O! WE ARE! Just that as with guys from other countries too, MOTIVES may differ!

1 Fantasy Factor
[color=#006600]2 Green Card

3 Open Mindedness
These are just some reasons! Personally i am the no 3 kind of person! grin grin grin (Do you have any sister i can tango with?) wink
[/color]

i'll give the bold above an 80%

harakiri:

Do u ask such questions when an asian or spanish dude dates your women? Are nigerians aliens? Of course we date women from other races.

grin grin grin
Re: Deleted...... by pleep(m): 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2011
Why do they date us, Open mind or fantasy factor? I would say the later is probaly more common, except perhaps in African Americans.

White women date other ethnic groups of men but rarely marry them. I wonder why nobody makes a big deal about that.
Re: Deleted...... by emofine(f): 11:45pm On Aug 06, 2011
cottoncand:

I live in North America and find that a lot of Nigerian men date women of other cultures. My question however is do you guys date these girls out of general interest and an open mind or is it a fantasy factor? the want for experiencing something different? I'm aware that people can be quite open minded as I am and where a person is from does not matter to me at all as long as they are a part of the human race and the capture my interest but I've heard many Nigerian women say these girls are just being used for sex as Nigerian men only desire to marry their Naija babes? They say that they will only be used for sex but they gurantee when he is ready to marry that he will go home to look for a decent Nigerian girl and that he is only with her because he can live out all his dirty little  fantasies with her that he would be too afraid to approach a Nigerian girl with. These are the words of Nigerian co workers and friends don't hate me for repeating.They always boast this when they see or hear about a Nigerian guy with a non Nigerian woman and after hearing it so many times I'm really beginning to wonder if it is true. Guys be honest tell me if this is how you think? and if so many of you claim to be christians do you really think it is just to treat women that way regardless of where they are from? I just find it a little repulsive that people would actually think like that in this day and age. All responses are welcome even Negative ones (I know how these forums worK  grin)

So in short, are you looking to date a Nigerian Man?
Re: Deleted...... by cottoncand(f): 11:50pm On Aug 06, 2011
Do u ask such questions when an asian or spanish dude dates your women? Are nigerians aliens? Of course we date women from other races.

Of course I don't think Nigerian men are Aliens but i never hear Spanish women or Asian women saying "oh she's just being used for sex, he'll return to Puerto Rico or China for a proper girl when he's ready to settle down" i didn't mean to offend you it's just that the impression we are given is that Nigerian men are incapable or marrying and loving a woman from another culture except in the case of wanting a green card and he will lie and deceive to get it then leave. I refuse to believe that because of something like a culture difference one human being will convince himself or in some cases be convinced by others that he is incapable of making a good life with another.
Re: Deleted...... by lindabon: 12:06am On Aug 07, 2011
cottoncand:

Of course I don't think Nigerian men are Aliens but i never hear Spanish women or Asian women saying "oh she's just being used for sex, he'll return to Puerto Rico or China for a proper girl when he's ready to settle down" i didn't mean to offend you it's just that the impression we are given is that Nigerian men are incapable or marrying and loving a woman from another culture except in the case of wanting a green card and he will lie and deceive to get it then leave. I refuse to believe that because of something like a culture difference one human being will convince himself or in some cases be convinced by others that he is incapable of making a good life with another.

i will say dat d paper factor is more of d case. ok i have a friend that got married at 19 right after his studies. if he was back home, he would never consider getting married at dat age. then lots of d guys in school, all decide to get married right after finishing school cos d wuld rather not go back home. most times, not all of them are that way though. and dis is not just a Nigerian factor, its a global issue. i know some who genuinely love their wives though.  undecided undecided undecided undecided

to be on d safer side, i'll advice to rather stay away from guys that are facing present or future immigration issues
Re: Deleted...... by tpia5: 1:58am On Aug 07, 2011
these questions are getting redundant and unnecessary.

use the search function and is the nigerian man on nl or why are you asking nlers?
Re: Deleted...... by deniyor: 2:02am On Aug 07, 2011
Yes we are.
Re: Deleted...... by millco88(f): 2:04am On Aug 07, 2011
tpia@:

these questions are getting redundant and unnecessary.

use the search function and is the nigerian man on nl or why are you asking nlers?

Re: Deleted...... by tpia5: 2:06am On Aug 07, 2011
^^no need to make f.ools of yourselves in your typical slavish manner.

you people really lack self respect while overcompensating for that with your abysmally low self esteem.

was the slave trade that surprising, really.
Re: Deleted...... by pleep(m): 2:08am On Aug 07, 2011
Damn, I'm so fukin' sick of seeing tpia everywhere.
Re: Deleted...... by tpia5: 2:09am On Aug 07, 2011
^^not as sick as i am of seeing your bloody id on nl all the time.
Re: Deleted...... by pleep(m): 2:13am On Aug 07, 2011
@op this issue is getting really annoying. Ppl act like Nigerians are the only people who do this. You see arab, Jewish, indian men and especially White women dating other ethnic groups bit not marring them. Not to mention all the other African nationalities. Why is it such a big deal when nigerians do it?
Re: Deleted...... by tpia5: 2:16am On Aug 07, 2011
^^shut up you piece of crap.
Re: Deleted...... by millco88(f): 2:17am On Aug 07, 2011
pleep:

@op this issue is getting really annoying. Ppl act like Nigerians are the only people who do this. You see arab, Jewish, indian men and White women dating other ethnic groups bit not marring them. Not to mention all the other African nationalities. Why is it such a big deal when nigerians do it?  

because black women in general are the least desired of all the races and the least likely to get married. nigerian women can't marry out in north america because most americans find them unattractive. europeans atr different however.
Re: Deleted...... by pleep(m): 2:23am On Aug 07, 2011
^least attractive huh, Have u been to china? tongue

So European white ppl like black women?
Re: Deleted...... by tpia5: 2:26am On Aug 07, 2011
Interracial dating

millco88:

What is your view on it? Any experiences?

Personally I'm against it b/c as a Christian, the Bible doesn't support such thing.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-175522.0.html
Re: Deleted...... by tpia5: 2:27am On Aug 07, 2011
millco88:

because black women in general are the least desired of all the races and the least likely to get married. nigerian women can't marry out in north america because most americans find them unattractive. europeans atr different however.

obviously you come from a butt ugly mother with baboon facial features, so its not surprising you believe your personal experience is a general one.
Re: Deleted...... by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 07, 2011
Awww I just saw your other thread. Even Nigerian girls are advised to be careful when dating a Nigerian man, let alone a foreigner like yourself. Be careful. kiss There are good ones though. cool
Re: Deleted...... by lindabon: 2:37am On Aug 07, 2011
millco88:

hmmm, i tink d black women are d one's that segregate themselves though. 4instance many Nigerian women would tell u dat they wuld neva date a white man because he has tiny eshi or dat the white man is dirty and all dat, even though they have neva been wit any to deduce their foolish theory. they have not yet opened their arms to diversity and that is why they are left behind. so unlike d white woman who would always want to taste the waters,  d black women are yet to make themselves available to other races.

but my dear saying that dey are unattractive is rather harsh. my mother, my sisters and all d lovely ladies around me are very beautiful and attractive women.
Re: Deleted...... by cottoncand(f): 2:38am On Aug 07, 2011
stillwater:

Awww I just saw your other thread. Even Nigerian girls are advised to be careful when dating a Nigerian man, let alone a foreigner like yourself. Be careful. kiss There are good ones though. cool

yea lol I'm realy trying to sort my head out about this thing trying to set my mind straight. If i'm so fearful maybe a Nigerian guy isn't for me much as I like them  smiley, thanks for being positive though on both posts
Re: Deleted...... by cottoncand(f): 2:43am On Aug 07, 2011
lindabon:

hmmm, i tink d black women are d one's that segregate themselves though. 4instance many Nigerian women would tell u dat they wuld neva date a white man because he has tiny eshi or dat the white man is dirty and all dat, even though they have neva been wit any to deduce their foolish theory. they have not yet opened their arms to diversity and that is why they are left behind. so unlike d white woman who would always want to taste the waters,  d black women are yet to make themselves available to other races.

Very good point. Even here in North America many black women date exclusively black men and cringe at the thought of dating other races I'm guilty of that myself but you made me stop and think about that for a minute.We really do make ourselves unavailable to other races. I would date a black man from any part of the world but never take a white guy seriously when he approaches me and that not ok. What can I say I love black men  smiley Just wish they were more dependable  sad
Re: Deleted...... by Nobody: 2:53am On Aug 07, 2011
cottoncand:

yea lol I'm realy trying to sort my head out about this thing trying to set my mind straight. If i'm so fearful maybe a Nigerian guy isn't for me much as I like them  smiley, thanks for being positive though on both posts

You never know a Nigerian man might just be it for you lol. Just see them as men. You just have to fine tune your abilities to detect any hanky panky attitude. That way you can separate the wheat from the chaff.
Re: Deleted...... by deniyor: 3:13am On Aug 07, 2011
I just read your other post on your bf. It is obvious that you are searching for answers. Coupled with the fact, I have nothing to do for the next hour before hitting the club, I can share my own LONG opinion / story with you. I hope it helps but if it doesn't, well I tried grin.

On your other thread, your friend told you the truth. He doesn't care about you well enough but he doesn't mind having you around in the meantime. It doesn't matter where a guy is from, if he treats you like shi*t, get rid of him. Don't even try to see if there is anything cultural about it. People hardly change, so barring some life changing experience, that is who he will always be to you. I hate to pour sand in another man's garri but Get RID of him.

We Nigerians are of different shades and types just like every nation.

I always wanted to marry a Nigerian lady. Even when I moved to North America, I started out by dating Nigerian damsels. I dated a few but it didn't work out. There were some particular behaviour I found in some of them that puts me off.

I dated quite a lot of girls from other cultures, mostly those of the city I lived in. Nothing serious. But I was open for something serious when I find the kind of qualities I am looking for in a lady. I did find it in another African lady I met. I've been dating her for about three yrs now. My point mainly is this: I prefer to marry a Nigerian woman. It is just easier on understand our culture and differences. Plus other problems tht come with marrying a foreigner. But above that preference is the fact that I will prefer to marry whoever I love no matter where she is from, as long as she is perfect for me. And the one I have right now is just perfect for me. So despite my preferences, and those of my family, I will probably not marry a Nigerian lady. I will not choose a lady cos of where she is from.

Hypothetically, if I have a Nigerian lady and a foreigner on a same rating, I will choose the Nigerian one. For me, the foreigner has to prove to me she is the best for me to consider her.
Re: Deleted...... by seedord247(m): 3:24am On Aug 07, 2011
what part of north side of america do you reside? salt lake, idaho . . . . .
Re: Deleted...... by cottoncand(f): 3:31am On Aug 07, 2011
deniyor:

I just read your other post on your bf. It is obvious that you are searching for answers. Coupled with the fact, I have nothing to do for the next hour before hitting the club, I can share my own LONG opinion / story with you. I hope it helps but if it doesn't, well I tried grin.

On your other thread, your friend told you the truth. He doesn't care about you well enough but he doesn't mind having you around in the meantime. It doesn't matter where a guy is from, if he treats you like shi*t, get rid of him. Don't even try to see if there is anything cultural about it. People hardly change, so barring some life changing experience, that is who he will always be to you. I hate to pour sand in another man's garri but Get RID of him.

We Nigerians are of different shades and types just like every nation.

I always wanted to marry a Nigerian lady. Even when I moved to North America, I started out by dating Nigerian damsels. I dated a few but it didn't work out. There were some particular behaviour I found in some of them that puts me off.

I dated quite a lot of girls from other cultures, mostly those of the city I lived in. Nothing serious. But I was open for something serious when I find the kind of qualities I am looking for in a lady. I did find it in another African lady I met. I've been dating her for about three yrs now. My point mainly is this: I prefer to marry a Nigerian woman. It is just easier on understand our culture and differences. Plus other problems tht come with marrying a foreigner. But above that preference is the fact that I will prefer to marry whoever I love no matter where she is from, as long as she is perfect for me. And the one I have right now is just perfect for me. So despite my preferences, and those of my family, I will probably not marry a Nigerian lady. I will not choose a lady cos of where she is from.

Hypothetically, if I have a Nigerian lady and a foreigner on a same rating, I will choose the Nigerian one. For me, the foreigner has to prove to me she is the best for me to consider her.

thanks a lot, it did help. I'm glad to know that not everyone has a backward attitude about dating. Have fun at the club now smiley

(1) (Reply)

Some Women Are Not Cut Out To Be A Wife / Never Let This Stuff Consume You! / Female Instruments Mutilation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.