Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,711 members, 7,831,224 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments (27452 Views)

Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities During The 578 Days Of Strikes, And ASUU Crys / Re: FG plans to introduce minimum of N350,000 tuition in varsities –ASUU / University Of Ilorin Is A Terrorist Organization -ASUU Laments. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by virginchaser(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
Is it not sensible for ASUU teams to take their eyes off government and look at parents plight and call off the strike.
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2022
Mtcheeew, the Lecturers should move out grin
After all na them put Buhari in that Sit,,
Its de professors and the Lecturers take Care in every Elections,,,
You can't eat ur Cake and still have it,

In 2023 the professors and Lecturers should better work for Peter Obi Win,,,
If they like they should collect money from Tinubu and Atiku and do what they like
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Tayorshd2(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2022
Story
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by CheapHomes1: 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2022
Slynation:
Forget oO, Nigerians are naturally gifted in almost all ramifications but our sense of reasoning in this country are mostly limited and beclouded by hunger, corruption and an ungrateful nation...

Do you think oyibo will overlook the "sense of reasoning in this country mostly limited and beclouded by hunger, corruption" and give you work because you are naturally gifted?

You think that a lecturer who bullies students in Nigeria will become a star in a foreign university because he is naturally gifted?
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by gassbee: 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Don't mind the idiots! If there was any greener pastures anywhere, why didn't they leave since? Werey dey form patriotic.
no mind dem, dem just dey do gra gra.
Dem wan collect 6 months pay for keeping students at home
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Amoo89: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
Islie:

https://punchng.com/578-day-strikes-angry-lecturers-dumping-varsities-ASUU-laments/

Good but still the universities will not recruit the youths out their. They should just stop lamenting
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Slynation(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Do you think oyibo will overlook the "sense of reasoning in this country mostly limited and beclouded by hunger, corruption" and give you work because you are naturally gifted?

You think that a lecturer who bullies students in Nigeria will become a star in a foreign university because he is naturally gifted?
You are limiting my accession to lecturers alone...but you might not understand shaah, but Nigerians are good just bad leadership making everyone to source funds whichever means
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by CheapHomes1: 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2022
Slynation:
You are limiting my accession to lecturers alone...but you might not understand shaah, but Nigerians are good just bad leadership making everyone to source funds whichever means

Yes my dear friend. That's because the topic is about lecturers and my initial comment was about lecturers
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by FrauleinBlossom(f): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
It seems the ongoing strike has been politicized or that politicians have managed to set some ASUU members against the body. The foundation seems to be jittering, showing signs of a possible fall.

Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by onyxo76(m): 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
akpunda86:

In Enugu here one professor Ogbuefi with 25 houses,a lecturer in 7 universities,same hand out with different environments,Buhari best legacy u can create is proscribe ASUU,employ new young lecturers,the strike will mediately end ,Useless overFed lecturers,Ovation is loudest now,soon many of una go beg for your jobs.
Sack dem all
ahh ahh bros, 25 houses ke? even dino melaye no get reach half of those nah.
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by onyxo76(m): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2022
[quote author=CheapHomes1 post=115952612]

he won't bully anyone there because he has left this crazy system that makes you behave irrationally, everything works there, good pay, sane environment,wetin wan make you dey misbehave, just try and go for a 6 month course in any European country, you will know that na hell fire be this place.
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Senatorbng(m): 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2022
Abeg which school dey find lecturers, I wan apply
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Streetdreamx(m): 7:46pm On Aug 22, 2022
Prof. Osodeke! i remember him during my university days @michael okpara uni umudike.
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by SAMBARRY: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
GenBuhari:
I blame students.
Why are they not on the streets protesting?

This situation is only occurring because student are allowing it.

Imagine if all students block roads and block access to private universities or forcefully enter private universities to attend their lectures there.

Trust me when the children of politicians start getting their education disrupted, a solution would be found quickly.
na bbn and other useless things them dey protest for.even the students sef no get sense

1 Like

Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Georgejeez: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
Federal government Vs Academic Bandits
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Khaysee: 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2022
And they went on.strike to collect money they didnt work for
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by sayso: 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2022
Islie:

https://punchng.com/578-day-strikes-angry-lecturers-dumping-varsities-ASUU-laments/
Thaa, stfu. Which school will accept 40pages handout lecturers? Wetin dem wan teach?
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Omodua(m): 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2022
Islie:

APC has anti intellectual disposition. Therefore,they won't give a hoot about closure of universities.
What do you expect from a President who has no recognisable certificate.
Very sad indeed!
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by kabasa24: 12:40am On Aug 23, 2022
Abeg let all the ASUU lecturers gooooo after all na outdated courses them they lecture us. GOVERMENT SHOULD RECRUITS FRESH AND INTELLIGENT PEOPLE AND DO AWAY WIYH ALL THIS OLD FOLKS , AFTERALL NA TO COLLECT MONEY AND SLEEP WITH OUR GIRLS STUDENT THEM SABII.
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by sreamsense: 12:51am On Aug 23, 2022
All of them should go self, so government can recruit fresh brains who are even ready to get small pay. Majority of lecturers we have now can teach well and even research they can't do. They are only good at negotiating salary and entitlement
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by CheapHomes1: 4:38am On Aug 23, 2022
[quote author=onyxo76 post=115958487][/quote]

System doesn't make a lecturer bully students. A lecturer who bullies students in Nigeria is a bully anywhere any time. Environment or system doesn't make anyone bullies. Bullying is an attitude which people cultivate because they feel superior to others
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by CheapHomes1: 4:44am On Aug 23, 2022
onyxo76:

some i know are doing very well abroad just on Friday one lecturer in biochemistry who attends our church got a job offer in one University in Oklahoma, he will be joining them by September.

Who are the some that you know?
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by TheRealestGuy(m): 5:39am On Aug 23, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
Then call off the damn strike mofos!!

FG got nothing to lose here , no work no pay ! Your members are pulling out already looking for alternatives.

No work no pay does it mean the students will forfeit the term?

Don't you understand that all of those months' work will still have to be carried out by the lecturers and teaching staff if they do call off the strike?

You just open mouth waa, no work no pay cheesy you also probably support FG prescribing ASUU.

Lol. You don't understand how union's work do you? cheesy
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by onyxo76(m): 6:59am On Aug 23, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Who are the some that you know?
if I mentioned their names of what benefit will that be to you ? you probably don't know them anyway, but just know that they migrate on a constant basis. 3 that are close to me left for Botswana, Germany and South Africa all on the last few months.
i know you might think that they are not skilled educated enough to work outside this country but some are quite brilliant and have really developed themselves beyond this system, the 3 i mentioned had their post Docs outside Nigeria, so it was quite easy for them to apply for oversea offers.
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by CheapHomes1: 7:40am On Aug 23, 2022
onyxo76:

if I mentioned their names of what benefit will that be to you ? you probably don't know them anyway, but just know that they migrate on a constant basis. 3 that are close to me left for Botswana, Germany and South Africa all on the last few months.
i know you might think that they are not skilled educated enough to work outside this country but some are quite brilliant and have really developed themselves beyond this system, the 3 i mentioned had their post Docs outside Nigeria, so it was quite easy for them to apply for oversea offers.

If it's no benefit to me, what is the essence of you telling me of people who are going to Oklahoma, Germany, south Africa and Botswana? If I don't know them, why are you telling me about them?

Did I mention anything about skill or brilliance? What has that got to do with what I said? Is it only skill and brilliance that you need to succeed?
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Killshow2000: 8:15am On Aug 23, 2022
Sub for me senior men, it will go a long way
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Olojuobinrin(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

No work no pay does it mean the students will forfeit the term?

Don't you understand that all of those months' work will still have to be carried out by the lecturers and teaching staff if they do call off the strike?

You just open mouth waa, no work no pay cheesy you also probably support FG prescribing ASUU.

Lol. You don't understand how union's work do you? cheesy

No work , no pay ! When they carry out the work , they will get their payment, they should not sit at home and expect payment!!

Now don’t quote me anymore.
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by onyxo76(m): 8:27am On Aug 23, 2022
CheapHomes1:

If it's no benefit to me, what is the essence of you telling me of people who are going to Oklahoma, Germany, south Africa and Botswana? If I don't know them, why are you telling me about them?

Did I mention anything about skill or brilliance? What has that got to do with what I said? Is it only skill and brilliance that you need to succeed?
ok.
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by peteredo: 8:44am On Aug 23, 2022
The same government that said there is no money for education gifted cars worth 1.4 billion to Niger. The same govt that refused to pay lecturer keeps paying Bashir 4 months after resigning. The government keeps using emotional blackmail against most union Nd get away with it. the people who enjoyed free education with no strike are putting Nigeria in mess
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:45am On Aug 24, 2022
Olojuobinrin:

No work , no pay ! When they carry out the work , they will get their payment, they should not sit at home and expect payment!!

Now don’t quote me anymore.

Lol.

It's a public forum and I can quote you if I want to grin
Re: 578-day Strikes: Angry Lecturers Dumping Varsities, ASUU Laments by Olojuobinrin(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2022
TheRealestGuy:

Lol.

It's a public forum and I can quote you if I want to grin

Muah i lor you bruh �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Government Announces School Resumption Dates / Waec 2023 Chemistry Practical Practice Questions / Nuhu Bamalli Poly.(nubapoly) Zaria-kaduna State Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.