Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Can This Man Become President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can This Man Become President? (1149 Views)

Xenophobia In South Africa: When Will The Black Man Become Truly Civilised? / Can A Young Man Become Nigeria's President? / Can An Igbo Man Become The President Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Man Become President? by odumchi: 12:56am On Aug 07, 2011
Please take a look at this scenario for a second.

"Hello, my name (alias) is Ekpeyong Okote. I am a native of Akwa-Ibom State and I want to become president. I am not a billionaire, and I neither have money nor fame, but what I do have is vision. I lived the life of a poor civil servant, and through my many years of struggle and hardship, I have realised the anecdote to Nigeria's problems. I have no worries, for I know that God is by my side. I am yet to buy a car, but if I shall ascend the presidency I will replace my alakrija bicycle. I have visions but not dreams. Dreams are for the lethargic and weak. My visions result in action. I am a candidate for my cousin's (who happens to be a local governor) political party; the "Peoples Freedom Organization" and I want to become president of Nigeria."

Can this man succesfully become president?  undecided
Re: Can This Man Become President? by volasunkan: 1:25am On Aug 07, 2011
yes he can in his next life
Re: Can This Man Become President? by odumchi: 1:46am On Aug 07, 2011
volasunkan:

yes he can in his next life

He is in the best position since he has suffers and knows the root of his suffering. Why dont you think he can do it?
Re: Can This Man Become President? by ektbear: 4:30am On Aug 07, 2011
How on earth does suffering make you better qualified to be president? What is the connection?

How about you instead choose leaders for their intelligence, wisdom, education, political savvy, charisma, selflessness, etc
Re: Can This Man Become President? by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

How on earth does suffering make you better qualified to be president? What is the connection?

How about you instead choose leaders for their intelligence, wisdom, education, political savvy, charisma, selflessness, etc

My dear, trust NIgerians to fall for this bull shiot again.
Did Nigeria not fall for mr. "I had no shoe"?

Nigerians are simply misplaced up stairs. They dont know what a leader is and therefore will not see one even when he raises his hand.

let nigeria continue to fall for "i have no money" "i had no shoes" "I had no comb" etc.

Useless group of people.

Better to have common sense with no education than to have education with no common sense. Nigerias may be highly educated, but they lack any iota of commonsense collectively.
Re: Can This Man Become President? by odumchi: 4:48am On Aug 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

Only the man in pain knows the remedy to his pain. Look at Obasanjo for example, the man never suffered a day in his life. He cnanot relate to the majority of Nigerians who still suffer and toil on a daily basis. This man, has worked with them. He knows where it hurts most, and maybe he can find a cure.
Re: Can This Man Become President? by ektbear: 4:50am On Aug 07, 2011
@Ileke-IdI: You have said most of what needs to be said. This is most of the reason why I welcome the weakening of the FG and the presidency. Less chance of me (and my land) being derailed by blind people who have no clue what they are doing, and thus select leaders for sentimental reasons
Re: Can This Man Become President? by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 07, 2011
odumchi:

Only the man in pain knows the remedy to his pain. Look at Obasanjo for example, the man never suffered a day in his life. He cnanot relate to the majority of Nigerians who still suffer and toil on a daily basis. This man, has worked with them. He knows where it hurts most, and maybe he can find a cure.

A man in pain knows the remedy to HIS pain, true. Just because my friend knows the remedy to her own pain, does not mean she knows my own pain.

Let Nigerians continue to think like that. Chei!

And was it not your ppl that greatly fell for that "I had no shoe" dilemma?

ekt_bear:

@Ileke-IdI: You have said most of what needs to be said. This is most of the reason why I welcome the weakening of the FG and the presidency. Less chance of me (and my land) being derailed by [b]blind people [/b]who have no clue what they are doing, and thus select leaders for sentimental reasons

Nigeria = deaf and blind leading the deaf and blind.
Re: Can This Man Become President? by odumchi: 5:08am On Aug 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

A man in pain knows the remedy to HIS pain, true. Just because my friend knows the remedy to her own pain, does not mean she knows my own pain.

Let Nigerians continue to think like that. Chei!

And was it not your ppl that greatly fell for that "I had no shoe" dilemma?

Nigeria = deaf and blind leading the deaf and blind.

The majority of the 80 million poor Nigerians suffer from the same problems. So generally If my problems have been solved, I can also solve 3/4 of yours.

Since you aren't a Nigerian and dont think like that, kindly explain to us how you think.
Re: Can This Man Become President? by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 07, 2011
odumchi:

The majority of the 80 million poor Nigerians suffer from the same problems. So generally If my problems have been solved, I can also solve 3/4 of yours.

Since you aren't a Nigerian and dont think like that, kindly explain to us how you think.

And such same problems would be?

Let me ask you a question and be honest with me. . . . what problem did/do you and our current president share? And how is he solving those problems right now?
Re: Can This Man Become President? by odumchi: 5:24am On Aug 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And such same problems would be?

Let me ask you a question and be honest with me. . . . what problem did/do you and our current president share? And how is he solving those problems right now?

Good luck and I have little in common. The only thing we share is that we come from political backgrounds. However, he is a billionaire, I am not. The Niger Deltan peoples are suffering, he even though a Niger Deltan, did not experience the tragedy that his comrades are now experiencing, so he does not know the degree of the problems as well as others do.
They say it takes a burnt hand to know how hot the fire is.

These problems are simple: oil spills, lack of food, lack of clean water, lack of jobs, etc (No Nigerian president in the last 15 years has experienced any of these).
Re: Can This Man Become President? by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 07, 2011
odumchi:

Good luck and I have little in common. The only thing we share is that we come from political backgrounds. However, he is a billionaire, I am not. The Niger Deltan peoples are suffering, he even though a Niger Deltan, did not experience the tragedy that his comrades are now experiencing, so he does not know the degree of the problems as well as others do.
They say it takes a burnt hand to know how hot the fire is.

These problems are simple: oil spills, lack of food, lack of clean water, lack of jobs, etc (No Nigerian president in the last 15 years has experienced any of these).

Ok, let's break this down, according to your perspective.

1. You share little in common, so how will he have the remedy to your pain?

2. So, he might possibly know the degree of the pain ND people are going through, what step has he taken to tackle the pain?

3. Does ND represent the whole Nigeria in whole?

4. What does a president being poor or having no shoes have to do with the current problems plaguing Nigeria?

When will we stop looking for similarities, esp since Nigerians are blind?
Re: Can This Man Become President? by odumchi: 5:54am On Aug 07, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ok, let's break this down, according to your perspective.

1. You share little in common, so how will he have the remedy to your pain?

2. So, he might possibly know the degree of the pain ND people are going through, what step has he taken to tackle the pain?

3. Does ND represent the whole Nigeria in whole?

4. What does a president being poor or having no shoes have to do with the current problems plaguing Nigeria?

When will we stop looking for similarities, esp since Nigerians are blind?

1. My point is that he doesnt.
2. No i didnt say that in my post nor did I imply it. Besides most NL people represent a minute raction of NIgeria. How many Nigerians have internet-enabled phones not to talk of computers?
3. No it doesnt
4.Idk what your deal with shoes is, but only a man who has experienced poverty firsthand knows how it affects him most. So he is in best postiton to fix Nigeria.

And I guess as a Nigerian, you too are blind.
Re: Can This Man Become President? by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 07, 2011
odumchi:

1. My point is that he doesnt.
2. No i didnt say that in my post nor did I imply it. Besides most NL people represent a minute raction of NIgeria. How many Nigerians have internet-enabled phones not to talk of computers?
3. No it doesnt
4.Idk what your deal with shoes is, but only a man who has experienced poverty firsthand knows how it affects him most. So he is in best postiton to fix Nigeria.

And I guess as a Nigerian, you too are blind.

1. That he doesnt? How does that "point" fortify your previous "point" about a man in pain knowing the remedy for pain?
2. I dont know. How many? What's that got to do with anything? ND= Niger Deltans, just in case you're mistaken.
3. Since he doesnt, what's the point of using that analogy?
4. Almost 3 years later, still no sign of fixing Nigeria. Are we to assume that he's not yet in the "position"? Whatever, that is.

Don't worry about me. I'm an exception.
Re: Can This Man Become President? by Kinikini: 7:59am On Aug 07, 2011
My dear, trust NIgerians to fall for this bull shiot again.
Did Nigeria not fall for mr. "I had no shoe"?

Nigerians are simply misplaced up stairs. They dont know what a leader is and therefore will not see one even when he raises his hand.

let nigeria continue to fall for "i have no money" "i had no shoes" "I had no comb" etc.

Useless group of people.

Better to have common sense with no education than to have education with no common sense. Nigerias may be highly educated, but they lack any iota of commonsense collectively.

Ileke Idi , well said.
Re: Can This Man Become President? by odumchi: 5:01am On Aug 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

1. That he doesnt? How does that "point" fortify your previous "point" about a man in pain knowing the remedy for pain?
2. I dont know. How many? What's that got to do with anything? ND= Niger Deltans, just in case you're mistaken.
3. Since he doesnt, what's the point of using that analogy?
4. Almost 3 years later, still no sign of fixing Nigeria. Are we to assume that he's not yet in the "position"? Whatever, that is.

Don't worry about me. I'm an exception.

1. What I am trying to convey to you is that GoodLuck does not know the degree of problems the ND people are suffering. He cannot help them adequately.

2.Im talking about Niger Deltans because that's my own region and I'm using it as an example.

3. Refer to #1

4. this topic isn't about GoodLuck. He can fix our problems to done extent. You clearly aren't a poor destitute Nigerian so his help does not apply to you, the main focus is on the millions of poor underprivileged.
Re: Can This Man Become President? by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 08, 2011
odumchi:

1. What I am trying to convey to you is that GoodLuck does not know the degree of problems the ND people are suffering. He cannot help them adequately.

2.Im talking about Niger Deltans because that's my own region and I'm using it as an example.

3. Refer to #1

4. this topic isn't about GoodLuck. He can fix our problems to done extent. You clearly aren't a poor destitute Nigerian so his help does not apply to you, the main focus is on the millions of poor underprivileged.

Ok, I get your point.

This is not about GEJ, but the description of the individual in your post closely resembles that of GEJ. Soit's safe to use GEJ as an example here.

Why should your individual become president and why should he not? Why should economic status be a determination?
Re: Can This Man Become President? by Azania2(f): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2011
If you have the ability, the will , vision and LOVE for your country instead of your pocket, then I say go for it Boss!!

Please make sure you are properly Educated, Africa (Nigeria in this case) needs informed and wise people.
Re: Can This Man Become President? by femmy2010(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2011
When money and power comes he just might forget his promise.

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu's Death, Not End Of Biafran Dream / There Will Not Be Election In 2015, White Witches Predict / Nigerian Student, Olaolu Femi, Facing Life Imprisonment In Ukraine!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.