Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House (25826 Views)

Does Anyone Have A Herbal Solution For Palpitation ? / Heart Palpitation / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Patented: 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
go and check your BP they would tell you if the paramteters are normal.

Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

I've been having this sudden increase in heart rate since morning and I don't seem to understand what's wrong.
Is it a common problem or should I be worried?

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by themonk(m): 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
DonroxyII:
Give us what to take for the Magnessium Supplements

I would advice you go and check your magnesium and potassium levels first at a lab to know if it is low.

https://www./doctors-best-high-absorption-magnesium-lysinate-glycinate-100chelated-79483023.html

https://www./now-foods-potassium-chloride-powder-sodium-free-227g-127976110.html

Also be very careful with potassium, dissolve about half of a teaspoon in a cup of water and drink at night, it also helps you sleep better.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
Coffee, kolanuts bitter kola and excess salt
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

I've been having this sudden increase in heart rate since morning and I don't seem to understand what's wrong.
Avoid caffeinated drinks especially energy drinks
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by lawrenzooo: 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
ikeseeholdings1:
first of all,take a very good worm medicine. check your BP,then get back to me here Bro.
You will be fine...i had same issue before
You be doctor?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by iswallker(m): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
You need supplements and herbs

Contact me my wife is a Neolife director, while I will pluck fresh herbs from my farm for you

It will disappear 2 hrs after you start treatment

Zero eight zero three three six six five four nine seven

Check signature
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by silkytouch(m): 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
What has your diet been like?

Do you gulp carbonated drinks often?

What do you weigh on a scale?

Do you eat sugar?

Do you cook with seed oil? (Groundnut oil)

Do you drink alcohol often?
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by mrprolifik: 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

As a strength athlete and pro bodybuilder I think your problem might be as a result of the kind of supplements you take or sometimes it could be as a result of the kind of food you take at a particular time. Also cardio causes the heart to beat fast.
Some supplements that might cause this are; Caffeine, taurine ( also found in energy drinks) , Some pre-workout supplements .
If your goal is to build muscle then do more of weight training and minimize cardio. Try to get omega 3 supplements or eat oily fish( Salmon or Sardine) this will help in improving heart health.
Once again remember to watch out for Caffeine , Taurine or energy drinks (red bull, monster) as a whole , because they contain both caffeine and Taurine and makes your heart beat fast after consuming it.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by drdeath: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

No problem bro.
You need to take aspirin(vasoprin) 75 mg daily for life or you will suffer from heart attack in future.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by iswallker(m): 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
Check my siggy for herbs and supplements
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Tecno66: 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
vastolord4:

Take drugs to regulate your BP as well.. de check your BP regularly, you're a Nigerian stress is normal (I take only prescribed drugs by the doctor)
Please take note that there is a difference between high bp and heart palpitations/heart rate. See a doc quickly to prevent cardiac arrest. You need to be worried enough to seek medical help quickly, not nairaland stuff. 5mg bisoprolol a day can help you before you get medical help.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by chafed: 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

Yes you need to be worried and get to the hospital as fast as possible... What your body is trying to tell you is that your oxygen level in your blood is depreciating.... So go to the hospital so they check your SPO2 level... People who contact the covid virus usually experience this... Please go to the hospital.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by blasterman(m): 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

Take it seriously. Go to the hospital and ask for blood tests and request them check blood pressure, sugar and chlorestrol levels. Finally talk to a doctor

its a Warning signals from the heart that something is not quite ok 100%.

Its like your car engine be shaking just like dat.

The rate at which young people dey drop dead sometimes they neglect small warning signs
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by SUNNINO(m): 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2022
Take vasoprin tab, enough water and take several deep breaths,then take oats if you have it. Relax well. You will be fine. Don't forget to check your BP.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by oyeb15: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2022
It's a spiritual sign........ Ur Soul is jiltering cos of an impending danger.

Some people are seriously planning/ plotting evil against u.

Watch out in coming days.

Our Spirit warn us through our body..but most people dont understand.

Just pray against people that are presently working on your downfall. Once u overcome them, everything will be normal.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Maravel(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
Stress can cause it
Some cardiac pathologies like Arrhythmias can precipitate it
A sympathetic surge can ,maybe triggered by some of your emotions
Visit a cardiologist,get An ECG done

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by folks4luv(f): 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:

There are no other side symptoms. Just a sudden irregular rythm and then it's gone.

I've had a bit of anxiety lately but can that really trigger something like this?
Yea, it can. Been struggling with this for a while.l too. I'll advise you monitor your bp, to be on a safe side, I'd advise you check your cholesterol levels too.

From my lil research, some palpitations are harmless, if they don't happen with chest pain and dizziness. Some Americans said all tests they did showed nothing, the heart is a tricky organ.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by tubolancer(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
Check for high sugar
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by silibaba: 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
vastolord4:

Take drugs to regulate your BP as well.. de check your BP regularly, you're a Nigerian stress is normal (I take only prescribed drugs by the doctor)

This generation and drugs sha. He should Just constantly drink coconut water daily. It will put his blood pressure in check.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by seanery: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2022
Old age or death

Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Ubdavis(m): 3:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
Heart related issue is not something I should be gambling with. Get adequate medical attention. ECG or ECHO can be recommended

1 Like

Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by liverpudian9(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
Check ur bo most likely its high, as I speak I am hypertensive and its not stress its hereditary my mum and dad have it, my dad's siblings two among them have it my grand mother had it so I am living with it but I check my bp everyday anything above 140 I attack it massively I make sure it stays on 130 or 120 so go check ur bp,I did all test all we're good result
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by mariahAngel(f): 3:27pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

It could be anxiety.
Is there something you're really worried about?
Do well to go check your blood pressure.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Ournolly: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

Do you have GERD?
I think GERD could be a culprit for this.

Another issue can be Covid-19.

Anxiety is also a case.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by poka7(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

Reduce tour too much intake of ALCOHOL
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Tegabadguy(m): 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

you should be worried cool cool cool cool cool
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by phemmyfour: 3:35pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

Go for test asap. When last did you check your bp
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by AyeMoJuba: 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
Start drinking water up to 3 litters daily...it'll stop forever

I used to have this on a regular basis to the extent that i couldn't climb a small hill nor run for long...i'd need to sit down somewhere to take a rest

Then I started taking water before brushing in the mornings and i always make sure i drank up to 2 big Ever water plastic size everyday till today...the palpitation stopped and i just noticed it no longer happen and i no longer feel tired when climbing a hill. Most other ailments i was suspecting before also disappeared.

So drink clean water...most of the ailments we suffer will succumb to water.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Eet22(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
Go for test
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by azpekuliar: 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

Go and check your blood pressure.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of My Palpitation? Doctors In The House by Tradegood: 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
Good evening everyone.

It is the garlic you ate. It is fake.

There is fake garlic, crayfish( orange in colour instead of brown), fake orange( odorless with no orange flavour) and many fake food in town because people are doing "aquaponics and hydroponics" in the name of technology, where they ration nutrients to plants instead of planting it in the soil that has too numerous to mention macro and micronutrients for frowth, for quick gains.

They think farming ought to be some kind of moi moi jollificating hobby.

Back to the garlic, how to identify fake garlic, they are usual very very big in size and are everywhere in the market. They are white is color, you can't miss it rather than pale purple.

When you chew one of them, it doesn't hurt. You may not even know you are chewing garlic except for the faint smell.

Real garlic is forery and small and pale and very pungent. And beneficial to the hear.

Watch out for fake Onions too.

Oyibobis not always right.

Africans make una dey try use brain sometimes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

453 New COVID-19 Cases, 334 Discharged And No Deaths On August 12 -(3337 Tested) / See 8 Reasons Why You Feel Pain, Tenderness And Burning Sensation In Your Breast / Principal Dies After She Slumped During Speech Delivery In Maiduguri (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.