Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) (4077 Views)

Who Should Be Older In A Relationship? / Every Husband Must Read This / Is It Bad For A Wife To Be Older Than Her Husband With Less Than A Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Onosy: 8:47am On Aug 07, 2011
This notion we carry around in Africa that the husband must be older than the wife. is it a law anywhere, I mean is it a customary, constitutional, traditional or a societal law, where did the notion/mentality come from, Is it even written in any verse of the holy bible?

I guess knowing the origin will help me and other people who find themselves in sure situation to make the right decision,  Matured comment please. this is a serious issue that can help someone out there to make the right decision.
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Kslib(m): 11:54am On Aug 07, 2011
When your wife go dey send u message like house buoy,ya eye go clear!!

1 Like

Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Mynd44: 11:59am On Aug 07, 2011
sad!!!!!!!
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Goldieluks: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
Kslib:

When your wife go dey send u message like house buoy,ya eye go clear!!

what nonsense,please stop viewing the world from your toilet window.

@OP,age should not always come as a hindrance, between an intending couple.It is not a necessity that the man must be older.
There is no mentioned law in the bible, or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by amblors(m): 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2011
Not a written law anywhere,
but it may be an unwritten one in our hearts.

1 Like

Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Onosy: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2011
amblors:

Not a written law anywhere,

Who wrote it in our hearts?
We Africans just tend to believe in things that donot exist, but because of our level of understanding, we just seem to look at the world myopically, so to say.
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Pharoh: 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2011
It is a perspective from the point of view of we Africans what should make a marriage workable and ideal.
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by amblors(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
myopic view huh!
Mayb u shud give 'us' a hypermyopic view.

I dont really have any problems with it.
People dnt do it out of fear of wot people would think.
Some don't coz they just would not want to, they simply dont like the idea.
Many are obssessed with the age thingy that the woman must be atleast 5ys younger.
Some don't marry older women coz family won't allow it.
The reasons probably dont all make sense to me or to u.
But i do respect em. Let em be.
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2011
YES!!! cheesy It is a law! Or was the law of my MEDIEVAL FOREFATHERS!!! undecided That's all CRAP now! smiley Pls WAKE UP and realize that this 2011, next year is 2012! We are progressing, and not regressing! GO WITH THA FLOW!!! I'll gladly show you a HAPPILY MARRIED COUPLE, where the wife is 3 years OLDER than the Husband! YES! 3!!! undecided
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by MrsChima(f): 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2011
My husband is older than me but there IS NO law anywhere that the husband must be older than the wife.

Older men tends to chase younger women for reproduction purposes and younger men tends to chase older women because they have dreamt of fucking their mothers. lipsrsealed
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by eghost247(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2011
Age shouldnt determine a relationship but then not too old lol hahahahaha Abeg Nairalanders Carry Go Nothing wey we no go read for this Site
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by chibaby5(f): 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nahhh no law per se. It jus happens in support of the idea of the Man being the head of the family and with him being older supports the whole notion even more cool
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Onosy: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2011
Really
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Mynd44: 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^^
Is the leader of a Nation the Oldest person there?
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Sike(m): 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2011
Itz no law buh datz aw it shud be. To earn a deservd Respect.
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by chibaby5(f): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
^Exactly wat I was tryna say wink
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by MrsChima(f): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
I have always found older men attractive mainly because they are life experienced and usually have more to offer in term of life prosperity.

I did say USUALLY.
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by annita19(f): 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2011
Where I came from 'NO' I guess its a 'Yes' in Africa
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Kslib(m): 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2011
%
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Kslib(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2011
@madam sabi sabiGoldieluks give me one instance in da bible where the woman was older,if u want 2 talk about bible!!!
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by lindabon: 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2011
Onosy:

Who wrote it in our hearts?
We Africans just tend to believe in things that donot exist, but because of our level of understanding, we just seem to look at the world myopically, so to say.

thats it!!
i wonder wen we will stop thinking like d cave men!! with all d modernist movement  that has been going on in the world since the late 19th century, Africans still dont want to break of the shackles of medieval thinking. TRAGIC!! TRAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by MMM2(m): 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2011
op
let me ask my lawyer am coming angry
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by limantertsa: 7:52am On Aug 28, 2012
Sir,d bible never 4bit marring a lady older dan a man but due 2 dere nature,d get old faster and b/comes less active, by then the man still hv enough energy in him even enough to power a horse by dan wat would u do while she is weak at age 54-70.
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by MMM2(m): 8:15am On Aug 28, 2012
Op

Dere is nothing dere u can even marry ur mum agemate undecided
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Subuhanalahi: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2012
A woman can be older than the man.No problem to that.
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Mynd44: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2012
amblors: Not a written law anywhere,
what a load of crap. It is merely a way for men to grease their already bloated egos
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Lolaabokoku(f): 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
eghost247: Age shouldnt determine a relationship but then not too old lol hahahahaha Abeg Nairalanders Carry Go Nothing wey we no go read for this Site
Yes i think i agree wit u.. Love conquers it all
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by mcchegzy(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
I bliv itz a matter of respect and ego. We men want to b in control and want our women to respect us, datz y we tend to go for younger women but d major tin is to find a woman wo 'l b submissive irrespective of her age. .
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by stint(m): 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I have always found older men attractive mainly because they are life experienced and usually have more to offer in term of life prosperity.

I did say USUALLY.
Yeah right! or is it because u have also dreamt of getting bleeped by your father like you accused young men who go for older women of?
just asking
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by Mynd44: 3:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
stint:
Yeah right! or is it because u have also dreamt of getting bleeped by your father like you accused young men who go for older women of?
just asking
Can't you read? She said USUALLY
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by MrsChima1(f): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
stint:
just asking

Aww you have been molested as a child huh?
Re: Husband Must Be Older Than The Wife Is It A Law Anywhere?(legal, Customary, Etc) by MrsChima1(f): 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
Can't you read? She said USUALLY

Go to show illiterates surf Nairaland as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice / Wish 5 Nairalanders A Happy New Month / Help! He Wants To Post My Nude Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.