Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , (45280 Views)

How To Qualify As A Chartered Administrator / Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa / Why Skilled Workers Will Own The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by nedekid: 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
folake4u:
I was chatting with a friend earlier today and two of her people are already UK bound.

The Brain Drain is here to stay. Many Nigerians are leaving in their droves!!!
Walai, lots of Nigerians are here with their families, i have met about 5 families just like mime that just locked up their houses back home in naija rented apartments, hotels or airbnb over here.
Haba, watin happen? Then say na just to clear head from the madness back home!
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by folake4u(f): 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
pocohantas:

Congratulations to them abeg. Useless country that is going down the drain. Frustrating her youths into depression. angry

I'm very happy for them too.

Very useless, to be honest. Everybody don tire. angry
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by folake4u(f): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
nedekid:

Walai, lots of Nigerians are here with their families, i have met about 5 families just like mime that just locked up their houses back home in naija rented apartments, hotels or airbnb over here.
Haba, watin happen? Then say na just to clear head from the madness back home!

Yes oh. Many people dey comot this country on a steady.

You go just dey chat with your friend, close eye or blink, you go come see Welcome to a new dispensation for their Whatsapp status. Nigeria nor dey pleasant anymore. Na suffer and smile many people dey do.
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by 9jaRealist: 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2022
Evergreen4:
UK baby. Brain drain pro max. Very soon na only politicians go remain

Politicians and Agberos…
But then again, they’re the same. grin
>
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
juliuscapps:

studyinfo.fi

Thanks boss �
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
nony43:

This UK Is not easy bro.

It's well bro. God will see you all through
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by backtovillage: 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
Bokobops:
Why is it that when you say you want a better Nigeria without mentioning the name of any candidate, everybody will think you are talking about Peter Obi?
Your head eyaf turn
Did anyone mention Peter Oni here
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by nony43(m): 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2022
DaveDGreat:

It's well bro. God will see you all through

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by Peskid147: 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2022
DaveDGreat:
But I still nor know why I nor too fancy this UK cry

God bless Norway and Finland wink
me self God please Germany or Holland.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by DrinkWater10: 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
micronut:
Interesting. Make dem come hire me from Naija ooo, I be Research Lab Technician for Molecular Lab with 4yrs experience in running of Molecular assays and testing including Covid - 9...
Hello I'm in need of research experience can one get a position in such lab even if it's unpaid?
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2022
Peskid147:
me self God please Germany or Holland.

Amen ooo. God go run am for us.
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by Carbonhy: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2022
Mkayfrenzy:
The United Kingdom (UK), says foreign nationals can now apply for its scale-up visa effective August 22.

According to a statement released on Monday, the government said the new visa type will avail UK’s top high-growth businesses greater flexibility and power to entice talents from anywhere in the world.

What is a scale-up visa?
It is a route for foreign talents who have been sponsored by a scale-up company in the UK and who have the skills needed to enable the growth of scale-up businesses.

The professions qualified for the scale-up visa include scientists, engineers, programmers, software developers, research and development professionals, economists, architects, technicians, financial and investment advisers.

Unlike other sponsored visas, the scale-up visa allows businesses to employ high-skilled individuals who will receive two years’ leave to remain in the UK without requiring further sponsorship or permission beyond the first six months.

“This will further enhance the government’s overall offer to businesses through the points-based immigration system to hire eligible employees from anywhere in the world. The Scale-up visa will give them greater flexibility to hire, often in-demand, talent they need so they can go to the next level, while boosting the UK’s high-skilled pool,” the statement reads.

“Companies, including small businesses and those in the tech and financial services sectors, that have achieved growth of 20% or more in either employment or turnover year-on-year for at least 3 years and employed a minimum of 10 people at the start of the 3 years will be eligible to sponsor talented individuals through the Scale-up visa.”

Kevin Foster, the UK minister of safe and legal migration, said with the scale-up visa, businesses will get the right level of support “to go to the next level”.

“Through our Scale-up visa, we’re enabling businesses to focus on their growth and innovation by giving them more freedom to bring in the diverse skills and experience they need, making them more attractive on an international stage,” Foster said.

“By supporting our high-growth tech, financial services and small businesses, we are ensuring the UK remains a global hub for emerging technologies and innovation while enhancing productivity across the economy – creating jobs, growth and prosperity across Britain.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/programmers-architects-nigerians-qualify-as-uk-launches-scale-up-visa-for-skilled-workers/amp

Please, help me with site to apply. Everybody dey jakpa mode now.
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by streetsoldier1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
God1000:
Stop running away, let's build this country together.

I will turn down any offer to leave Nigeria at the moment

Your village people are very powerful... are you from riverine area?
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by Didi2d(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
Am a forklift operator. How do I go about it?
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by Alajiki(m): 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
Bokobops:
Why is it that when you say you want a better Nigeria without mentioning the name of any candidate, every mumu will think you are talking about Peter Obi?
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by fxexperts: 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
Folabifreeman:
Another scam by the UK government.
Fall for it at your own peril grin
Oh really? All the scam we have been falling for in this country ever since. is it any close t this one. Na wa for people like you.

God1000:
Stop running away, let's build this country together.

I will turn down any offer to leave Nigeria at the moment

you and who. The incoming person that is planning to feed us all with agbado and cassava everyday.
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by kabasa24: 11:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
UK is afraid of what Nigeria could become after next election ,they are fully aware that once Tinubu wins the election Nigeria will be back to where it was before independence and everything will fall back in place by then no Nigeria will be interested in travelling abroad. So they want to lure all our able men and women out now before the election. Naija be wise good fortune is coming ahead.
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by Godsownfc(m): 12:03am On Aug 24, 2022
folake4u:
I was chatting with a friend earlier today and two of her people are already UK bound.

The Brain Drain is here to stay. Many Nigerians are leaving in their droves!!!
Pls find way for me too ma.
I believe na person dey help person
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by ASAPFERG1: 9:20am On Aug 24, 2022
DaveDGreat:

grin grin grin

Me wey dey Ajah in Lagos. I'm just proclaiming it in advance Sir.

Gimme update/link na embarassed
when you go go back to igboland? angry
Re: Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , by goody234: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2022
The amount of Nigerians that have left naija so many I fear for the country ..no be village idiots dey leave naija o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is How Our Police Officers Should Dress. / VIP Whose Police Orderly Carried Plate Of Food Claims It's For The Officer / With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.