Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

The Bread Of Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bread Of Life (3573 Views)

I Am The Bread Of Life / Bread Of Sorrow / Sunday Adelaja: A Canker Worm In The Bread Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2022
In John 6:35, Jesus declares: 'I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will not be hungry again. Whoever believes me will never be thirsty.' Jesus is our source of livelihood. Come to Him to have the bread of life.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
Are you confused or frustrdted about life? Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. He will make the way for you.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2022
Jesus says: "I am the truth, the way and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). Clearly, Jesus is the way to God. Seek him and you will never regret it.
Re: The Bread Of Life by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
DivineDynamics:
Are you confused or frustrdted about life? Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. He will make the way for you.
But Jesus Christ never billed Himself as solution for those who are confused and frustrated about life? Instead He said He has come for those who are weary and heavy laden - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 undecided
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 8:44am On Aug 25, 2022
Jesus says: "I am the true vine." (John 15:1) Do you seek truth about life and its essence? Then, seek Jesus. Have a nice day.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
Jesus, the Son of God is the hope and salvation of believers. He is our fortress. Jesus is Lord.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
In 1 Peter 11: 28 -30, Jesus charges all those who labour and heavy laden to come to him. He promises to give rest. Are you heavy laden? Come to Jesus now. He will give you the desired rest.
Re: The Bread Of Life by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
DivineDynamics:
In 1 Peter 11: 28 -30, Jesus charges all those who labour and heavy laden to come to him. He promises to give rest. Are you heavy laden? Come to Jesus now. He will give you the desired rest.
First off, Peter is not Jesus Christ. So do not quote Peter confusing Him for Peter. undecided

Second, if you do not understand what it means to be heavy laden, if you are you not tired of this world, Jesus Christ is likely not who you need at all - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
Casting our burden on Christ and the promise of rest is a certainty. 1 Peter 5:7 further avers: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
Re: The Bread Of Life by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
DivineDynamics:
Casting our burden on Christ and the promise of rest is a certainty. 1 Peter 5:7 further avers: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
So are you suggesting that by that statement above, what Jesus Christ made clear of giving His followers a lighter yoke and burden to bear in Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 is of rendered of no meaning? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
By EveryStudent.com

What does it take to begin a relationship with God? Wait for a spiritual experience? Devote yourself to unselfish religious deeds? Become a better person so that God will accept you? NONE of these. God has made it very clear in the Bible how we can know Him. This will explain how you can personally begin a relationship with God, right now…

Principle One: God loves you and offers a wonderful plan for your life.

God created you. Not only that, he loves you so much that he wants you to know him now and spend eternity with him. Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."1

Jesus came so that each of us could know and understand God in a personal way. Jesus alone can bring meaning and purpose to life.

What keeps us from knowing God? …

Principle Two: All of us sin and our sin has separated us from God.

We sense that separation, that distance from God because of our sin. The Bible tells us that “All of us like sheep have gone astray; each of us has turned to his own way.”2

Deep down, our attitude may be one of active rebellion or passive indifference toward God and his ways, but it’s all evidence of what the Bible calls sin.

The result of sin in our lives is death -- spiritual separation from God.3 Although we may try to get close to God through our own effort, we inevitably fail.

There is a distance, a gap between us and God. The arrows show our efforts to reach God...doing good for others, religious rituals, trying to be a good person, etc. But the problem is that none of these good efforts actually cover up our sin or remove it.

Our sin is known by God and stands as a barrier between us and God. Further, the Bible says that the penalty for sin is death. We would be eternally separated from God.

Except…for what God did for us.

So, how can we have a relationship with God? …

Principle Three: Jesus Christ paid the penalty for our sin for us. He now offers us complete forgiveness and a close relationship with him.

Jesus Christ took all of our sins, suffered and paid for them with his life on the cross. Jesus died for us, in our place. He did this out of his tremendous love for us.

“…he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.”4 Because of Jesus’ death on the cross, our sin doesn’t have to separate us from God any longer.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”5

Jesus not only died for our sin, but after this death on the cross, he physically came back to life three days later, just as he said he would.

This was final proof that everything Jesus said about himself was true. To know him was to know God; to love him was to love God. “I and the Father are one.”6

Jesus said he could answer prayer, forgive sin, judge the world, give us eternal life. His countless miracles supported his words.

Jesus was clear, “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one can come to the Father except through me.”7

Instead of trying to reach God, he tells us how we can begin a relationship with him right now. Jesus says, “Come to me.” “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink...out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”8

It was Jesus’ love for us that caused him to endure the cross. And he now invites us to come to him, that we might begin a personal relationship with God.

Just knowing what Jesus has done for us and what he is offering us is not enough. To have a relationship with God, we need to welcome him into our life…

Principle Four: We must individually accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.

The Bible says, “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”9

We accept Jesus by faith. The Bible says, “God saved you by his special favour when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.”10

Accepting Jesus means believing that Jesus is the Son of God, then inviting him to guide and direct our lives.11 Jesus said, “I came that you might have life, and have it more abundantly.”12

And here is Jesus’ invitation. He said, “I’m standing at the door and I’m knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in.”13

How will you respond to God’s invitation?

Consider these two circles:

Self-Directed Life

Self is on the throne

Jesus is outside the life

Separated from God, life can often result in discord and frustration.

Christ-Directed Life

Jesus is in the life and on the throne

Self has a relationship with God

The person experiences God’s love, guidance and help in life

Which circle best represents your life?

Which circle would you like to have represent your life?

Begin a relationship with Jesus…

You can receive Christ right now. Remember that Jesus says, “I’m standing at the door and I’m knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in.”14 Would you like to respond to his invitation? Here’s how.

The precise words you use to commit yourself to God are not important. He knows the intentions of your heart. If you are unsure of what to pray, this might help you put it into words:

“Jesus, I want to know you. I want you to come into my life. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin so that I could be fully accepted by you. Only you can give me the power to change and become the person you created me to be. Thank you for forgiving me and giving me eternal life. I give my life to you. Please do with it as you wish. Amen.”
If you sincerely asked Jesus into your life just now, then he has come into your life as he promised. You have begun a personal relationship with God.

►  I just asked Jesus into my life (some helpful information follows)…
►  I may want to ask Jesus into my life, but I have a question I would like answered first…

Footnotes: (1) John 3:16 (2) I© EveryStudent.com
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2022
Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To God?
Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To God?

Curt Daniel

There are hundreds, perhaps even thousands, of religions in the world.  Have you ever wondered which one is the right one?  Some persons, of course, say that none of them is right; but even that viewpoint is a religion of sorts which its proponents say is the right one.  Logically, then, at least one of them must be the right one.  A more popular opinion is the one that says that all religions lead to God.  Jesus is the one way, but then so is Buddha, and Mohammad is yet another way, and so on.  In other words, it doesn’t really matter which road you take, for they all lead to God. So says the popular view.

Since the question concerns Jesus and God, it is essential to first hear what they themselves say about the matter.  What does the Bible say?

What Did Jesus Christ Say?

For some strange reason, many folks think that Jesus was a sort of “universal guru” who approved of all religions and all persons.  He was a peaceful chap with flowers in His hair who never spoke a discouraging word.  But when we read the New Testament, we find a totally different picture of Jesus.  His most direct words on the subject at hand are recorded in John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father, but through Me.”  Notice that Jesus Himself said this, and not merely His followers.  Jesus Christ Himself proclaimed that He is the only way to God.

These words tell us several things.  For one, Jesus is telling us that He is the way, the only way.  He is not saying that He is one among many ways; He is saying that He is the one and only way.  Therefore, Jesus Himself rejected the notion that all roads lead to God.  There are many false ways, but only one true way.  Wherever those other ways lead, they do not lead to God.  Moreover, Jesus said that He Himself is the way. He did not say, as Buddha was reported to have said, “Find the way and follow it.”  No, Jesus said, “I am the way.  Follow me.”  In fact, the four Gospels are filled with instances in which Jesus commanded people to follow Him (Mark 1:17, for example).  Yet we are only to follow God Himself (I Kings 18:21).  We are to follow Jesus for the simple reason that He leads to God and is God Himself
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2022
Thank you Lord Jesus for coming into my life.

1 Like

Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
Jesus is beckoning at you. Accept Him today and be saved.

1 Like

Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 9:22am On Aug 30, 2022
Romans 8:35 says: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or unclothedness or danger or sword." The answer is NOTHING. I stand for Christ. I must live by christ.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 9:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
Thank you Lord Jesus for another wonderful day.

1 Like

Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
From Thematic Bible

Jesus Christ, Savior » Offered himself as a sacrifice
Jesus Christ, Savior » Became man's substitute
Jesus Christ, Savior » Came to earth to be
Jesus Christ, Savior » Became mediator between God and man
Jesus Christ, Savior » Bore the sins of many
Jesus Christ, Savior » Carried the burdens of humanity
Jesus Christ, Savior » Absolutely indispensable » The only foundation
Jesus Christ, Savior » Christ the only » All hope of eternal life is built upon him
Jesus Christ, Savior » Christ the only » His sacrificial death is the central theme of preaching
Jesus Christ, Savior » Absolutely indispensable » The only source of truth
Jesus Christ, Savior » Absolutely indispensable » The only intercessor
Jesus Christ, Savior » Absolutely indispensable » The only remedy
Jesus Christ, Savior » Absolutely indispensable » The only nourishment
Jesus Christ, Savior » Absolutely indispensable » The only saviour
Jesus Christ, Savior » Christ the only » He alone has the saving message
Jesus Christ, Savior » Christ the only » Rejection of him means death
Jesus Christ, Savior » Christ the only » His is the only saving name
Jesus Christ, Savior » Christ the only » The gift of love
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2022
The bread that Jesus offers is the one that will make one never to be hungry again. Seek Jesus today.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 8:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
Jesus became man's substitute
1 Peter 3:18
Verse Concepts
For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Psalm 69:9
Verse Concepts
For zeal for Your house has consumed me,
And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.

Galatians 3:13
Verse Concepts
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”—

Hebrews 2:9
Verse Concepts
But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

2 Corinthians 5:21
Verse Concepts
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 9:07am On Sep 02, 2022
Jesus saves. Come to Jesus today and be saved.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
Matthew 28:19–20 contains what has come to be called the Great Commission: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Jesus gave this command to the apostles shortly before He ascended into heaven, and it essentially outlines what Jesus expected the apostles and those who followed them to do in His absence.

It is interesting that, in the original Greek, the only direct command in Matthew 28:19–20 is “make disciples.” The Great Commission instructs us to make disciples while we are going throughout the world. The instructions to “go,” “baptize,” and “teach” are indirect commands—participles in the original. How are we to make disciples? By baptizing them and teaching them all that Jesus commanded. “Make disciples” is the primary command of the Great Commission. “Going,” “baptizing,” and “teaching” are the means by which we fulfill the command to “make disciples.”

A disciple is someone who receives instruction from another person; a Christian disciple is a baptized follower of Christ, one who believes the teaching of Christ. A disciple of Christ imitates Jesus’ example, clings to His sacrifice, believes in His resurrection, possesses the Holy Spirit, and lives to do His work. The command in the Great Commission to “make disciples” means to teach or train people to follow and obey Christ.

Many understand Acts 1:8 as part of the Great Commission as well: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” The Great Commission is enabled by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are to be Christ’s witnesses, fulfilling the Great Commission in our cities (Jerusalem), in our states and countries (Judea and Samaria), and anywhere else God sends us (to the ends of the earth).

Throughout the book of Acts, we see how the apostles began to fulfill the Great Commission, as outlined in Acts 1:8. First, Jerusalem is evangelized (Acts 1 — 7); then the Spirit expands the church through Judea and Samaria (Acts 8 — 12); finally, the gospel reaches into “the ends of the earth” (Acts 13 — 28). Today, we continue to act as ambassadors for Christ, and “we plead on Christ’s behalf: ‘Be reconciled to God’” (2 Corinthians 5:20, CSB)
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2022
Bible Verses to Remind Us - We Do Not Have to Fear:
1.  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10

2.  “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."  ~ Psalm 56:3

3.  “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7

4.  “Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27

5.  “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

6.  “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” ~ 1 John 4:18

7.  “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” ~ Psalm 94:19

8.  “But now, this is what the Lord says…Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” ~ Isaiah 43:1

9.  “An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.” ~ Proverbs 12:25

10. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” ~ Psalm 23:4

11. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9

12. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~ Matthew 6:34
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
e assured, He is with you in whatever you face, in the turmoil and struggles, amidst the anxious thoughts and the worries of life. He is there, strengthening, helping, and He holds you in His hands.
God is greater. He gives us the power to live courageously, boldly, fearlessly in this life, when many things that surround us would tell us to be afraid. His truth whispers strong and sure to the deepest core of our spirits.
“Do not fear.”
All of that stuff on your mind? Give it to Him – again. Replace those fearful thoughts with His words of truth. And sleep in peace tonight. He knows what concerns you, He’s got you covered.
Peace.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
Jesus says: "I am the true vine." (John 15:1) Do you seek truth about life and its essence? Then, seek Jesus. Seek Him today. Seek Him now.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2022
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Thank You Lord for the comforter. Thank You Lord for the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live according to the truth; but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2022
Some people say Jesus is a prophet. Some call him master. Jesus is greater than all these. He is God. In John 1:1, In the begining was the Word and the Word was with God and God was the Word. Jesus is Lord.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2022
God reveals Himself by many names throughout the Scriptures to express an aspect of His character that is vital for us to know. One, in particular, stands out, about the miracle of the five loaves and two fish as told in all four of the Gospels (Matthew 14:13-21, Mark 6:31-44, Luke 9:10-16, and John 6:5-14)—signifying a lesson that applies to every sphere of our life.

"El Shaddai," the "All-Sufficient One," is the name that reminds me of the Lord concerning this event.

In the reading of this miracle, the disciples felt a bit inadequate considering the expectation.

. . . “You give them something to eat.” (Mark and Luke)

Let us also keep in mind the disciples were already tired and hungry and looking to get away from the crowd's needs and expectations.

"And He (Jesus) said to them, “Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.” For there were many coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat"

— Mark 6:31

In all these, Jesus provided more than enough. He does not fail. He is all sufficient.

He is El Shadai.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 11:11pm On Sep 10, 2022
Jesus Prepares a Special Place for Believers in Heaven
John 14:1-3

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." (NIV)
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Jesus remains our hope. He is the author and finisher of our faith. He is Lord.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 12:43am On Sep 13, 2022
Jesus died for our sins to redeem us. 1 Peter 3:18 says "For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;"

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”—

Hebrews 2:9

But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.
Re: The Bread Of Life by FrankAkowe: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
Yes, I believe Jesus is Lord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Sets Himself Ablaze After Impregnanting A Choir Member / Meet The Church That Refuse To Help Endsars Ladies Becos Dey Are Wearing Trouser / What Are Your Best Christmas Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.