Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

The Bread Of Life - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bread Of Life (3596 Views)

I Am The Bread Of Life / Bread Of Sorrow / Sunday Adelaja: A Canker Worm In The Bread Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 2:01pm On Sep 14, 2022
In whatever situation you may find yourself, give thanks to almighty God.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 6:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
The Lord is our strenght; in times of goodness or trouble. The Lord is our strenght.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 11:32am On Sep 16, 2022
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in need.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2022
In Matthew 7:13-14, Jesus talks the narrow and the wide way. The wide way seems to attract more people while the narrow way is tough and unattractive. Jesus is the narrow way; and that is the way to God. Take the right way today.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
Jesus says: "I am the truth, the way and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). Clearly, Jesus is the way to God. Seek him and align with your maker.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2022
Jesus is life. Jesus is the rock of salvation. Jesus is Lord.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2022
Jesus says: "I am the true vine." (John 15:1) Vine is a desirable fruit. Jesus is the vine that is so desirable. Do you seek truth about life and its essence? Then, seek Jesus.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
Jesus saves. Come to Jesus today and be saved. Don't procastinate. Tomorrow may be to late.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
Jesus, thank You for coming into my life. Thank You for saving me.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2022
In John 14: 8-10, Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been to you so long, and yet, you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say show us the Father?" This is very instructive. Knowing Jesus the Son is knowing the Father.
Re: The Bread Of Life by FrankAkowe: 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2022
DivineDynamics:
In John 14: 8-10, Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been to you so long, and yet, you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say show us the Father?" This is very instructive. Knowing Jesus the Son is knowing the Father.
Yes, I believe.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2022
'Now the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruits with patience.' - LUKE 8:15. Be among the good and noble hearts, bear fruits.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2022
'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God' - John 1:1. Jesus was and is the Word. You cannot run away from your God.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
SOLID REASONS BELIEVERS SHOULD FEAR NOT 1.  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10

2.  “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."  ~ Psalm 56:3

3.  “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7

4.  “Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27

5.  “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
Re: The Bread Of Life by FrankAkowe: 9:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
DivineDynamics:
SOLID REASONS BELIEVERS SHOULD FEAR NOT 1.  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10

2.  “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."  ~ Psalm 56:3

3.  “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7

4.  “Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27

5.  “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
For children of God, there is nothing to fear.
Re: The Bread Of Life by dattaswami1: 2:43am On Sep 24, 2022
DivineDynamics:
In John 6:35, Jesus declares: 'I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will not be hungry again. Whoever believes me will never be thirsty.' Jesus is our source of livelihood. Come to Him to have the bread of life.

God, who is the goal of spirituality can be compared to Mumbai city. Knowing the details of Mumbai city is the first step of the spiritual effort and is called jñāna yoga, which means the step of knowledge. This develops an attraction in the mind of the person to go to Mumbai city.

This mental attraction is the second step called bhakti yoga, which is the step of devotion. Both these steps are related to the intellect and the mind respectively and both together belong to the theoretical phase. The third step is practically walking up to the railway station to travel to Mumbai.

This step involving the devotee’s practical effort is called karma saṃnyāsa. It involves the sacrifice of one’s work to God, which means the offering of one’s service to God. The fourth step is purchasing the railway ticket by spending money from the pocket. This step is called karma phala tyāga. It involves the sacrifice or offering of one’s wealth to God. Both karma saṃnyāsa and karma phala tyāga together are called karma yoga. Karma yoga is practical devotion.

After purchasing the ticket, one needs to have a lot of patience as one boards the train and waits for the train to take you to Mumbai over the next several hours. Thus, having done practical service and the sacrifice of one’s wealth, one must wait patiently until the divine fruit is achieved. This is the fifth and final step in the spiritual journey and is called śānti yoga. It is mentioned in the Gītā as “Tyāgāt śāntiranantaram….” Here, śānti can also mean a full stop because the efforts to be put up from the side of the devotee are over with the first four steps.

After first four steps, one puts a full stop, which is indicated by the word śānti. Śānti also means patience, which is to be maintained by the devotee until the divine fruit is achieved, after completing the first four steps. Whether śānti is mentioned as a prerequisite quality by Śaṅkara or whether it is a quality to be acquired during the spiritual path, as mentioned by Sai Bāba or whether it is a quality necessary at the end of the spiritual path, as stated by Kṛṣṇa, its use is only in the end, as told by Kṛṣṇa, after completing the four prior steps.

Datta Swāmi has described the spiritual path to be made of only the first four steps, namely, jñāna yoga, bhakti yoga and karma yoga, which is divided into karma saṃnyāsa and karma phala tyāga. Datta Swāmi did not mention the fifth step of patience or śānti because, as per the path of Datta Swāmi, the fifth step called patience is required only when the devotee aspires for the fruit in the end.

When the devotee follows all the four steps without any aspiration for the fruit and only due to true love for God, the idea of the fruit does not exist in the mind of the devotee at all! In such a case, where is the context of śānti or patience? The lack of aspiration (vairagya) for achieving any fruit in this world or in the upper world is also mentioned by Śaṅkara as part of the four required qualities for the spiritual path (Ihāmutra phalavirāgaḥ).

Go to the following website and read the divine knowledge from there,

-By Shri Datta Swami

www.universal-spirituality.org
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2022
Jesus was called the Good Shepherd because he called himself the good shepherd in the Gospel of John.

His claim to this title is not casual by any means. In fact, Jesus’ claim to be the Good Shepherd has a meaning that is both deep and wide.

Jesus the Good Shepherd: John 10
“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me — just as the Father knows me and I know the Father — and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life — only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father” (John 10:11-18).
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 10:25am On Sep 25, 2022
The book of Ezekiel is a prophecy regarding shepherds and sheep. This prophecy is regarding shepherds that were overseers for the people of God, and another shepherd that was to come later. The shepherd to come later was the Messiah that Israel was waiting for.
By calling himself the good shepherd, Jesus was claiming to be the Messiah that the scriptures foretold.

Jesus’ claim to be the good shepherd is just one of seven other declarations regarding who he was. There are seven times Jesus begins a statement with the words I am and claims a tile or role. These are commonly called the I am statements.

The eighth time he refers to himself as I am is telling.

In John 8:58, he said, “Very truly I tell you, before Abraham was born, I am!” Only one other ever referred to themselves as I am and that was God in Exodus 3:14. God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

By calling himself the good shepherd, Jesus was claiming to be the Almighty God.
Re: The Bread Of Life by Zamar: 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2022
God is good.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2022
'And these signs will follow those who believe: In my name, they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues.' - Mark 16:17. The name of Jesus certainly evokes so much power and authority. Jesus is Lord.
Re: The Bread Of Life by GodPraise: 7:26am On Sep 27, 2022
Glory be to God in the highest, Amen.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2022
Casting our burden on Christ and the promise of rest is a certainty. 1 Peter 5:7 further avers: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." Yes, Jesus cares.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 8:15am On Sep 28, 2022
'Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ' - Romans 5:1. One of the gains of serving God and Christ is having peace. Know this and know peace.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
'I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies as a living sarifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your reasonable sacrifice' - Romans 12:1. Our body is the temple of God. We must keep it holy all the time.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 7:27am On Sep 30, 2022
'But as many as received Him, He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.' - John 1:12. Receive Christ today and be a child of God.
Re: The Bread Of Life by FrankAkowe: 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
Glory be to God for seeing the last day of September, 2022.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2022
Jesus is beckoning at you. Accept Him today and be saved.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2022
Jesus Christ is called the Son of God more than 40 times in the Bible. What does that title mean exactly, and what significance does it have for people today?

First, the term does not mean Jesus was the literal offspring of God the Father, as each of us is the child of our human father. The Christian doctrine of the Trinity says the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are co-equal and co-eternal, meaning the three Persons of the one God always existed together and each has the same importance.

Second, it does not mean God the Father mated with the Virgin Mary and fathered Jesus in that way. The Bible tells us Jesus was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit. It was a miraculous, virgin birth.

Third, the term Son of God as applied to Jesus is unique. It does not mean he was a child of God, as Christians are when they're adopted into God's family. Rather, it points out his divinity, meaning he is God.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2022
The bread that Jesus offers is the one that will make one never to be hungry again. Seek Jesus today.
Re: The Bread Of Life by sonmvayina(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
I need the tree of life..

Not the bread of life..

Bread wey dem don dey add potassium bromide...
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 4:57am On Oct 06, 2022
sonmvayina:
I need the tree of life..

Not the bread of life..

Bread wey dem don dey add potassium bromide...
May the good Lord give you understanding in Jesus name.
Re: The Bread Of Life by DivineDynamics: 10:52am On Oct 07, 2022
Jesus, the Son of God is the hope and salvation of believers. He is our redeemer. He is our fortress. Jesus is Lord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Very Simple Logic To Recognize The Only True Religion From God / You Cannot Be An Atheist And A Free Thinker / To All Atheists In The House!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.