Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker (1627 Views)

Peter Obi; The Force Behind Atiku’s Grassroot Campaign / APC Reacts To Atiku And Peter Obi's 'the Candidates' Interview, / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2022
Peter obi is a successful banker because he was chairman of fidelity.

What does been a chairman of a bank has to do with been a banker.

Any dick and harry with money can become the chairman of a bank.

Femi odetola, is a majority shareholder in firstbank does that mean he is a successful banker.

If you have money, you can start by opening a llc in a tax haven and then use that to start buying up large amount of shares in any Nigerian banks before 5 years, you become majority shareholder of the bank and can become the bank chairman.

If peter obi was a so called successful banker,why didn't he apply for the post of Managing director of fidelity bank, i am 100% sure that he is not qualified for that position.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by sarkinbauchi: 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
Go and ask Shettima

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
sarkinbauchi:
Go and ask Shettima

It is funny that obi supporters spend 100% of their time in trying to slander people by the way they dress and walk.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by christianjoy(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
Rubbish grin

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by newbornmacho(m): 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

It is funny that obi supporters spend 100% of their time in trying to slander people by the way they dress and walk.

Or how they pee angry

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by SanctifiedSista(f): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
Peter obi, thank you for respecting my future president Atiku abubakar
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 23, 2022
This is how they will keep talking,on that election day, they will still vote for peter obi under must.
Stamped

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by agadez007(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2022
This one’s face will scare future investors

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by PresidObi: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
Peter Obi for president in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by TinubuThief: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2022
Nonsense and Tilinbu

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nightwolf1: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2022
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Tochi3(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2022
Everyday, all day, crying, wailing, lamenting, gnashing of teeth....

If this energy was expended on poo'hari, Nigeria would not have been in this sorry and miserable state

Zombies now mutated urchins praised Nepa Bill certificate . Tribalism is bad

Na wa o cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by JealousCobra(m): 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Femi odetola, is a majority shareholder in firstbank does that mean he is a successful banker.

If you have money, you can start by opening a llc in a tax haven and then use that to start buying up large amount of shares in any Nigerian banks before 5 years, you become majority shareholder of the bank and can become the bank chairman.

If peter obi was a so called successful banker,why didn't he apply for the post of Managing director of fidelity bank, i am 100% sure that he is not qualified for that position.

Na themgrin

24/7 online spewing trash.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by dejol88: 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Let me give you a simple advice that will benefit you and your immediate environment.

Take the amount of time you spend on defending ineptitude day and night on learning tech on YouTube. I bet you, before next general election, you will be one of the most sought after IT guru.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Please to all Tinubu Urchins.

When you have those inordinate urge to show what's in your head, please try and do a simple google search.

If you did a simple google search, you won't come here to spew the contents of your empty heads.

Some of us find ignorance very annoying. Please.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by SU50: 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
Obdients are dumb illiterates, engaging them is a super power.
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by SU50: 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
Shayetet13:

Please to all Tinubu Urchins.

When you have those inordinate urge to show what's in your head, please try and do a simple google search.

If you did a simple google search, you won't come here to spew the contents of your empty heads.

Some of us find ignorance very annoying. Please.

Please educate us.
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
SU50:

Please educate us.

Please type the word "banker" on your google and then learn.

I am not here to spoon-feed anyone

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Ddokie: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Even you sound this stupid? Na wa o.

Is there any intelligent person amongst you tinubu urchins? I mean this is not nice. One would think that SWAGA should be able to put in place a group of intelligent young internet warriors who would compete effectively in the social media campaign space. Unfortunately, what we see are a bunch of mentally degraded human beings.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by gidgiddy: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Stop embarrassing your self, only a highly successful person can even dream of becoming the chairman of a Bank. You think a group of people that make up the board of Bank will elect a riff-raf to be their chairman?
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by SU50: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
Shayetet13:

Please type the word "banker" on your google and then learn.

I am not here to spoon-feed anyone

Becoming a board chairman of a bank makes you a banker? Becoming a board member of an oil coy makes you a petro-chem engr?
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by XerXers: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
Where did Peter Obi say that he is Banker? Peter Obi is trader,, even his presidential form, his occupation is trader
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by VERDA: 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

All these cry babies...go become a bank chairman if it's that easy, you think banks just make people chairmen abi.

Sometimes I don't understand the direction you cynics argue cos from your argument your actually praising him for being so successful in management and business, a bank made him their chairman without him ever working in a bank.

How exactly does that take away from his competence please??.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
SU50:

Becoming a board chairman of a bank makes you a banker? Becoming a board member of an oil coy makes you a petro-chem engr?

Even after looking at the dictionaries google gave you, you are still confused.

I am sorry that I can't help. They are as simple as that...

I don't have that appetite today to explain simple things

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by chidexleo: 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
Do you know that PETER OBI said no to budget padding even in the midst of impeachment. That's the kind of person Nigeria need as president. Someone who can say no to corruption nor matter what.
OBIDATTI for a nigeria of our dream

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by SU50: 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
Shayetet13:

Even after looking at the dictionaries google gave you, you are still confused.

I am sorry that I can't help. They are as simple as that...

I don't have that appetite today to explain simple things

Looks to me as though you don't know what you ought to explain, simple.

Investors put money into ventures they think would bring in profits, get enough shares or equity and board chairmanship or membership is yours for the taking (you can delegate i.e give it someone to manage on your behalf), dosent mean you know the intricacies of the business or its daily functions - the only thing on your mind is protecting your investment and gaining profits.

Warren Buffet is an investor in a lot of ventures that dash out mind blowing figures every year(some of which he is on their boards), it does not matter to him how Mr.A was hired, why Mr. B was fired, why ABC Ltd got the contract and why procurement set those rules, what matters is the business brings profit.

Go and learn the basics of investing first. Oh I forgot, I was educating an 'obidient', I should go slow on you. Contact me if you have any problem.
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by abobote: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2022
They are running out idea.
Obi is the main candidate for the election, others are playing opposition
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by techWriter3: 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2022
Or how they toilet
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
VERDA:

All these cry babies...go become a bank chairman if it's that easy, you think banks just make people chairmen abi.

Sometimes I don't understand the direction you cynics argue cos from your argument your actually praising him for being so successful in management and business, a bank made him their chairman without him ever working in a bank.

How exactly does that take away from his competence please??.

Being a bank chairman isn't a full time job, the person who actually runs the bank is the Managing director.

A chairman job is the easiest job.

The bank made him a chairman because he is a majority shareholder
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Blue3k(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Board chairman doesn't equal banker is a fair point. The claim anybody can be a chairman of major company isn't true. Let me ask have you sat on the board of directors of any publicly traded company?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Christian36: 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2022
Why haven't you or your dad hold such post before since you think it is easy to be a chairman of a bank talkless a manager of a bank in Nigeria. You guys should be ashame of yourselves for working for accentor that will later dump you.
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Blue3k(m): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
Christian36:
Why haven't you or your dad hold such post before since you think it is easy to be a chairman of a bank talkless a manager of a bank in Nigeria. You guys should be ashame of yourselves for working for accentor that will later dump you.

It's a weird how unreasonable politics can make someone. He had a decent point but in his haste to diminish a total strangers accomplishment he said something dumb. Seriously board chairman get paid very well at least in America.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Elrufai: We Will Arrest And Interrogate Emefiele And His Sponsors / The US And EU Doesn't Want PO Presidency Here's Why. / Another Edo Obidient Influencer Throws Peter Obi And SE Under The Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.