Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker (1660 Views)

Peter Obi; The Force Behind Atiku’s Grassroot Campaign / APC Reacts To Atiku And Peter Obi's 'the Candidates' Interview, / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
SU50:

Looks to me as though you don't know what you ought to explain, simple.

Investors put money into ventures they think would bring in profits, get enough shares or equity and board chairmanship or membership is yours for the taking (you can delegate i.e give it someone to manage on your behalf), dosent mean you know the intricacies of the business or its daily functions - the only thing on your mind is protecting your investment and gaining profits.

Warren Buffet is an investor in a lot of ventures that dash out mind blowing figures every year(some of which he is on their boards), it does not matter to him how Mr.A was hired, why Mr. B was fired, why ABC Ltd got the contract and why procurement set those rules, what matters is the business brings profit.

Go and learn the basics of investing first. Oh I forgot, I was educating an 'obidient', I should go slow on you. Contact me if you have any problem.

Much ado over nothing.

The focus is simple... Who is a banker?

We are not talking about any other thing. When it's time to ask who is an investor or who a petrochemical engineer is, we ask it.

Right now, just type Banker in Google and get your answer...

I have things to do, so stop wasting my time and type the word "banker" into Google.

If you want scholarly materials to further explain the technical concepts, please let me know and I will forward them to you.

Just so you don't waste my time again. Follow this lead to get the definition of a banker according to Nigerian laws::: Section 2 Bills of Exchange Act 1954
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2022
All these Tinubu Urchins disgracing Nigerian youths since 1900
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by VERDA: 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Being a bank chairman isn't a full time job, the person who actually runs the bank is the Managing director.

A chairman job is the easiest job.

The bank made him a chairman because he is a majority shareholder

And how did he become a majority shareholder, were the shares given to him as a gift?... My point is his excellent business acumen gave him the capacity to build businesses that gave him sufficient capital to buy enough shares of a major bank to make him a majority shareholder.

This whole back and forth was about individual credibility and competence I am supposing.
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Oksman(m): 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

It is funny that obi supporters spend 100% of their time in trying to slander people by the way they dress and walk.

But that's exactly what you have been doing here creating one topic or the other to malign the person of the the LP candidate.

Hippocrite!
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Peter obi is a successful banker because he was chairman of fidelity.

What does been a chairman of a bank has to do with been a banker.

Any dick and harry with money can become the chairman of a bank.

Femi odetola, is a majority shareholder in firstbank does that mean he is a successful banker.

If you have money, you can start by opening a llc in a tax haven and then use that to start buying up large amount of shares in any Nigerian banks before 5 years, you become majority shareholder of the bank and can become the bank chairman.

If peter obi was a so called successful banker,why didn't he apply for the post of Managing director of fidelity bank, i am 100% sure that he is not qualified for that position.

You're posting in vain. Nigerians have already decided Peter Obi is the man they want. You go post tire. cheesy
Re: Peter Obi, The So Called Successful Banker by samuelpeters(m): 5:45pm On Aug 23, 2022
Someone that is a graduate. But didn't stop there. Went further and graduated from top business schools round the world and is successful una won bad mouth. grin

PO is a banker. He may not be a professional banker but he's a banker nonetheless.
To be the chairman is not easy. I'm sure some of these APC supporters do not know management skill is very important.

Anybody who's opportune to hold an office where he/she makes the final decision wouldn't come out and talk trash about PO.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Chief Ordered Immediate Payment Of Personnel Salary Arrears / If Pdp Wins,who Will Be Senate President? / Peter Obi Is Not Going Anywhere - Charles Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.