Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Tottenam On Fire - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tottenam On Fire (24521 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
I knew d police killed that guy in cold blood that is why they felt guity about tackling d rioters with full force.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
[/quote] I can see you've been to almost every country of the world. Are you some secret spy guy lurking around on forums to spread your doctrine of hate and bogotry?

LOL!!! That takes the cake I think. So, by your logic, travelling around the world makes one a spy? You are bloody hilarious.

Am on to you white boy!

Good luck with that, you are out of your depth, I might warn you

Dont overact your concern. Its fake and diversionary[quote]

It's not concern, its anger. Anger also at our African leaders for creating conditions so bad that people escape to the West to lead such horrible lives. Look at these kids, 3rd generation British, no less!!  [/b]Youth at Oshodi market carry on with better manners, are more civil than this[b].
The image of the black man / woman around the world has been Irreparably  damaged by this. If I am angry at that, I must be justified.

In the meantime, you can carry on howling at the wind
Re: Tottenam On Fire by busybody20: 7:52pm On Aug 09, 2011
Fire in Portsmouth!!! I dont know if its riot related
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 7:53pm On Aug 09, 2011
haha

david cameron is in for it now.
the real gangstas of england just woke up. . . . . .manchester burns.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by busybody20: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2011
Salford is at it cry cry

coogar:

haha

david cameron is in for it now.
the real gangstas of england just woke up. . . . . .manchester burns.

WHAT? shocked Extremelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2011
busybody20:

WHAT? shocked Extremelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been dreading it since saturday. . . . .if it spreads to manchester, it will get worse and i expect death rate to skyrocket.
about 2000 youths bombarded their city centre. . . . .the cops on guard had to step back and allow looting to go on until reinforcement came to their aid.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by 4Play(m): 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2011
Apparently, EDL are now involved. Gangs of about a 100 white men running around Enfield screaming, "Get the Pakis".

[url]http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Enfield[/url]
Re: Tottenam On Fire by IBEXY(m): 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2011
Its happening in Manchester, Salford, Sunderland. Cameron's arrival not withstanding. Gaddaffi must be having a moment of LMFAO!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by tunnytox(m): 8:08pm On Aug 09, 2011
Manchester riots will surely be crushed quickly I believe, Salfod is run down place anyway especially the council flats area but I believe Manchester will not be as bad as London.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 8:12pm On Aug 09, 2011
tunnytox:

Manchester riots will surely be crushed quickly I believe, Salfod is run down place anyway especially the council flats area but I believe Manchester will not be as bad as London.

the same manchester that is called the drugs capital of europe?
the same manchester where it's the only place cops carry guns in the united kingdom?
the same manchester with the highest number of drug dealers in the united kingdom?

you are having a laugh. . . . .if they rise up to it, riot police will die in leaps and bounds.
that's why cops call it [b]gun[/b]chester.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by tunnytox(m): 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2011
I don't know where you get your statistics from but I've lived in Manchester now for 6 years and I can tell you that Manchester no longer hold those records. You may need to update yourself
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2011
tunnytox:

I don't know where you get your statistics from but I've lived in Manchester now for 6 years and I can tell you that Manchester no longer hold those records. You may need to update yourself

haha
digest the statistics as at 2010/2011. . . . . .http://www.upmystreet.com/local/crime-in-manchester.html

from that, you can see manchester's crime rate is double the national average.
manchester is the shadiest, crime-infested area in the whole of western europe.
guns are 2 for £5 and there's no single time i have seen crimestoppers on bbc without manchester being in the news for one violent crime or the other.

what those rioters are doing in london is child's play. if longsight, salford rise up to this. . . . .cameron will need nato or un soldiers.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by tunnytox(m): 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2011
OK oh! I really have not witness or heard about any violent crime in Manchester now for some time, there has been a very good investment in Youth services, targeted youth support and youth offending services in most parts of Manchester borough, this I believe has significantly reduced young people's involvement in crime. However, salford still remain a blackspot though no thanks to shanks of council flats and yobs culture.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by tunnytox(m): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2011
May be that's why my car insurance has been very high, my brother in Edinburgh get at least his car insurance about £500 cheaper!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by cap28: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2011
My-Key:

Please attack the facts instead of personal attacks directed towards me to prove your argument.

I am angry.  Angry because, as a black man, no one in this world will ever take me seriously ever again after this. We have given the racists all the ammo they ever need.

Angry because I've worked hard all my life, no chip on my shoulder, no sense of entitlement. Yet, people will just see a yob when they look at me. DISGRACE

Even in Africa I haven't seen people looting i-pads, shoes, play stations. Even in Somalia, undergoing a devastating famine right now,  I haven’t seen any looting.

How can you defend this mindless thuggery and pillage?  

Look at the pics, man!! The owners of those small businesses are ethnic minorities, struggling like everybody else. Do they deserve their livelihoods to be flushed down the drain? Do they? What about the 75 year old man whose business was burnt down-a business that has been in his family since 1873!! Family homes burned down. What do you have to say to them? What?

Go here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024120/London-riots-2011-suspects-Photos-released-know-looters.html , look at the pictures. Then tell me if I am wrong.

why dont you shu.t your fu,cking cake hole instead of talking sh.it all over this forum, this riot is not about race its about poverty, deprivation and marginalisation by a corrupt white elite class who have disenfranchised everyone but themselves and their rich cronies.  The real criminals are those fuc.kg banksters who caused the economic collapse which began in 2008, these monsters set the wheels of economic decline back in 2008, instead of these bas.tards to have been thrown in jail they were rewarded and we were told that they were too big to fail, these fucking thiefs appropriated over £700 billion of tax payers money and WE the tax payers were left with the massive bill. This useless british govt then went on to recover the rest of this money from the poor by cutting social programmes, welfare benefits, educational grants and even allowances reserved for the disabled.  

Your dense brain has failed to see past the racist rhetoric being peddled by the daily hate aka daily mail and other right wing rags, sh.ut your dirty cakehole for once and learn to listen, those of us who live here in london who  know the truth.  

Many blacks face overwhelming unemployment, blacks are usually the last hired and the first fired so get that through your thick skull, its got zilch to do with blacks being lazy, stop swallowing the lies of the racist media who have only one agenda - to destroy the image of blacks all over the world.

These kids have been pushed to the wall, many of them are filled with despair and have given up on any chance of ever getting a job thats why many of them are out there looting.  

Until the elitist racist bastards who aided and abetted their bankster friends over in the city of london and wall street, new york,  decide to arrest and jail those bastards who loooted billions in tax payers money they will continue to see riots like this, god knows what america will be like when the riots kick off over there - so like i said, get lost unless you have something constructive to say.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2011
tunnytox:

OK oh! I really have not witness or heard about any violent crime in Manchester now for some time, there has been a very good investment in Youth services, targeted youth support and youth offending services in most parts of Manchester borough, this I believe has significantly reduced young people's involvement in crime. However, salford still remain a blackspot though no thanks to shanks of council flats and yobs culture.

some of the bad eggs got convicted - the gooch gang! since they have all been taken to prison, the crime rate nosedived a bit but it still remains the blackspot of united kingdom. there was a time the murder rate in the neighbourhoods of moss side, longsight and hulme(manchester suburb) went past that of washington in the usa.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by tunnytox(m): 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2011
Years ago Moss side/Hulme was one hell of a place, I'll avoid the place like a plague grin grin. Longsight too was very bad but not as bad as Moss side and hulme.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by tunnytox(m): 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2011
@cap28

Please don't dignify that lunatic with a reply, the best we can do for him is to signpost him to the nearest mental health institution to get a treatment fast.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by r231(m): 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2011
Essex Police make Facebook 'riot incitement' arrest
Police in Essex have arrested a 17-year-old boy after comments were made on Facebook allegedly encouraging others to meet in the county and riot.

The teenager from Clacton is being held on suspicion of incitement to commit violent disorder.

"Police are monitoring social networks and will take decisive action to prevent people using them for criminal purposes," a spokesman said.

The boy was arrested at 17:00 BST and remains in police custody.

Essex Police have deployed at least 50 officers to assist the Met Police during a fourth night of riots in London.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by cap28: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2011
Re: Tottenam On Fire by LeMoor(m): 2:59am On Aug 10, 2011
Mr. Key, You really need to stop being melo-dramatic.
Why should you be ashamed of being black because of the acts of some? How do they represent you or what you stand for? I am yet to hear any white person apologize or feel ashamed to be white after the Norway Massacres, . Why would anyone see a Yob when they look at you? do you see a 419 every time you look at a Nigerian?

Don't make me laugh, what you talking about you haven't seen looting in Somalia? Have you seen a recent picture of Somalia? What is there to loot? carcass? half the people there are not even strong enough to break down any sort of barriers.

There is anger in the land, but does that justify burning businesses in their back yard? They are opportunistic fools who have taken what could have been a real issue/grievance and swept trivialized it. One of the fools was interviewed and she said she was getting her taxes back. she couldn't have been more than 16, so it begs the question who she paid her taxes to.

There is enough blame to go around, between the system, the govt p***y footing about and not dealing decisively with the initial riots, and bad parenting, but non of that blame is yours. They do not represent you. Unless one of your kids was there, then you can blame yourself for having not raised him/her right. But you really need to pull yourself together, hold your head up and go about your business, There are a lot more upstanding minorities in that society than the numbers causing problems.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by IBEXY(m): 6:44am On Aug 10, 2011
Le Moor:

Mr. Key, You really need to stop being melo-dramatic.
Why should you be ashamed of being black because of the acts of some? How do they represent you or what you stand for? I am yet to hear any white person apologize or feel ashamed to be white after the Norway Massacres, . Why would anyone see a Yob when they look at you? do you see a 419 every time you look at a Nigerian?
A lot many people are easily taken in by the media campaign waged by biased foreign journalists against anyone who looks different from them. Mr My-Key obviously needs re-orientation and fresh reasons to be proud of who he is. Feel sorry for him. He's completely lost his self confidence.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by werepeLeri: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2011
Why are these British Nigerians worrying our head with their Boko Haramic enclave?
Re: Tottenam On Fire by thameamead(f): 11:28am On Aug 10, 2011
@cap 28, IBEXY, wereLeri, r321, tunny tox, coogar, please Ignore Mr-Key, please don't reply to any of his posts, he's a bigot, he is fooling himself with his profile picture, there are bad eggs in every race, colour and religion, white people travell all the way to Banqok, Thailand and Kenya to abuse young girls, i doubt the ignorant Mr-Key knows about those crimes.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2011
thameamead:

@cap 28, IBEXY, wereLeri, r321, tunny tox, coogar, please Ignore Mr-Key, please don't reply to any of his posts, he's a bigot, he is fooling himself with his profile picture, there are bad eggs in every race, colour and religion, white people travell all the way to Banqok, Thailand and Kenya to abuse young girls, i doubt the ignorant Mr-Key knows about those crimes. 

Instead of merely stirring the pot, why don’t you show us all how to serve the soup?

Why don’t you quit your moralizing and stick to reporting on facts? I suppose that  this man below is ignorant and a bigot as well?

,  "The Archbishop of York has urged young black people to stop blaming racism for their problems.

Dr John Sentamu warned that prisons, mental health units and young offender institutions held too many black people.

He told a new generation: ‘Your future success does not lie in guns, gangs and knives or in the worship of celebrities.’

Instead, they should ‘work hard’ and ‘stay focused’, he said.

The Ugandan-born Archbishop, second in the hierarchy of the Church of England, also criticised African nations for too readily trying to blame their former ‘colonial masters’ for their difficulties.

He pointed to African corruption and lack of democracy and warned that nations were squandering their opportunities.

Dr Sentamu, who marked Black History Month with his interview, added: ‘Today our prisons and mental health units are disproportionately full of men and women from minority ethnic backgrounds.

‘Our young offenders’ units are full of young black men, many of whom under-achieved at school and thought that the only way out to earning a quick buck was by committing crime.

‘As parents and as a nation we have failed our children.’

But he told young people that they should fight prejudice and bias by challenging injustice.

Work hard at your education, stay focused and don’t sit around waiting for success to be delivered to you on a plate, because it won’t be. Don’t blame someone else, for you have the energy, potential and creativity so use it for the good of humankind. Don’t waste it.

‘Your future success does not lie in guns, gangs and knives or in the worship of celebrities but in the pursuit of study and hard work and in valuing who you are under God.’

The Archbishop said African nations had to cope with trade tariffs loaded in favour of Western countries and multinational companies that plundered resources from failed states.

But he added: ‘We cannot lay all the blame of Africa’s ills at the feet of Europe and the colonial masters.’

‘The high number of African nations that have rewritten their constitutions in order to stay in power indefinitely is staggering.

‘This cannot be healthy for democracy nor for the nation’s poor.

‘Europe may have underdeveloped Africa but I believe we’ve had the opportunity since to shape our future and destiny and are in danger of squandering these opportunities.’
",

The Most Rev. The Lord Archbishop of York Dr. John Sentamu

Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^^^
I think that's a fact! It's time black communities start taking responsibility and stop acting like animals.

Even if whites are among those committing the crimes but the black man issue always seems worse. Take a look at yourself and make a change.

I quite agree with you in so many ways. Black people need to start taking responsibility. That's what I want to get across. I am not here on racial profiling. All I am saying they should show they are part of a responsible society and stop taking side with criminals and looters - even if other races are involved but we have to avoid things that will put us in a bad spotlight. We are always the loudest even when the number is minimal.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by IBEXY(m): 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2011
One thing is to condemn what is wrong. Its worse when you turn against your kind because some people went out of line. How can someone say he's ashamed of being black? That is the most silly thing to say. We are all worried about the problems in London but Mr-Key appears to be preaching racial superiority and division. If he has really lived in the places in his profile, he would have known there is equally a lot to be ashamed of regarding white people. For example, I read more about white people being paedophiles than blacks.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^^^
That's were we blacks miss it! The number doesn't equate to magnitude of the crimes. Even if whites have more cradle robbers than blacks but the black man's own will always be the loudest. So, it is better to avoid the trouble than curtailing it. Nobody is going to listen to you on that point and, the media is always biased against blacks, in fact the world.

Nevertheless, let's not always be the negative side. Why not for once we exhibit we can live responsible life. That's, avoid crime by all means and air our feelings in a civilized way - through peaceful protest, through human rights UN agency, media, govt. representatives,etc. They work but not as immediate as some would want them to. Slow and steady win the race hun!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2011
Why should a true blackman learn moral lessons from oyinbo or be bothered about his true concept of morality when we all know that those rampagers are driven crazy by oyinbo concrete jungle.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
That's were we blacks miss it! The number doesn't equate to magnitude of the crimes. Even if whites have more cradle robbers than blacks but the black man's own will always be the loudest. So, it is better to avoid the trouble than curtailing it. Nobody is going to listen to you on that point and, the media is always biased against blacks, in fact the world.

Nevertheless, let's not always be the negative side. Why not for once we exhibit we can live responsible life. That's, avoid crime by all means and air our feelings in a civilized way - through peaceful protest, through human rights UN agency, media, govt. representatives,etc. They work but not as immediate as some would want them to. Slow and steady win the race hun!

Cheers, Bro!!!! At least me and you get it!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2011
?
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
My-Key:

"The Archbishop of York has urged young black people to stop blaming racism for their problems.

if this man isn't an m-o-g, i would have given him my full fury. . . .he doesn't seem to understand the problems facing the black community in england.

Dr John Sentamu warned that prisons, mental health units and young offender institutions held too many black people.

yes, mental health units, yoi and prisons held too many black people cos of victimisation. if duggan was white, he wouldn't have been shot dead. a white cop shot him dead. the black man suffers more in the hands of the law than the white man even when the offence they committed is the same.

He told a new generation: ‘Your future success does not lie in guns, gangs and knives or in the worship of celebrities.’
Instead, they should ‘work hard’ and ‘stay focused’, he said.

when a considerable number of youths are there with no jobs to do, crime becomes the only way of living. i cannot blame these lads. many of them are from struggling families. how many black people hold executive positions in the city? and yet conservatives have increased the fees from £3000 to £9000

The Ugandan-born Archbishop, second in the hierarchy of the Church of England, also criticised African nations for too readily trying to blame their former ‘colonial masters’ for their difficulties. He pointed to African corruption and lack of democracy and warned that nations were squandering their opportunities.

the white folks ruined africa in the hands of rogues. i don't see how rogues are meant to shape up the continent.

‘As parents and as a nation we have failed our children.’
But he told young people that they should fight prejudice and bias by challenging injustice.

as parents, the blacks instil more home training in their kids than their white counterparts but the government won't let parents bring up their child the way they want to. any little thing, child abuse. it has gotten so bad that teachers are not allowed to touch pupils in school. if a child trips himself and fall, the teacher can only look from distance. . . pupils spit in the faces of their teachers because the teachers are bound by the laws of child abuse. how can any parent thrive under these useless liberal laws? if you cannot cane the child, how will the child sit up?

Work hard at your education, stay focused and don’t sit around waiting for success to be delivered to you on a plate, because it won’t be. Don’t blame someone else, for you have the energy, potential and creativity so use it for the good of humankind. Don’t waste it.
‘Your future success does not lie in guns, gangs and knives or in the worship of celebrities but in the pursuit of study and hard work and in valuing who you are under God.’

The Archbishop said African nations had to cope with trade tariffs loaded in favour of Western countries and multinational companies that plundered resources from failed states.

But he added: ‘We cannot lay all the blame of Africa’s ills at the feet of Europe and the colonial masters.’
‘The high number of African nations that have rewritten their constitutions in order to stay in power indefinitely is staggering.
‘This cannot be healthy for democracy nor for the nation’s poor.
‘Europe may have underdeveloped Africa but I believe we’ve had the opportunity since to shape our future and destiny and are in danger of squandering these opportunities.’
"

all the blame of africa's ills should be blamed on europe and the colonial masters. they installed puppet dictators in those countries with the hope of siphoning the resources of those african countries. when those muppet presidents dance to their tunes - they are hailed. when they tell the colonial masters to eff off - they are called dictators. whose fault was it that the british ensembled hausa, igbo and yoruba people together even though they all have different culture and norms? is that my fault? and when the brits left, they left nigeria in the hands of who?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Woman Names Baby Born During Obama's Trip To Kenya ''air Force One Barack Obama" / U.S Warns: We Will Retaliate If The ICC Arrests Israeli Officials (Photo) / France Defiant, Insists Niger Military Junta Cannot Expel Its Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.