Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku (26608 Views)

Wike Travels To France To Meet Tinubu - / Akeredolu, Fayemi Meet Tinubu In London (PHOTO) / Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by dre11(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2022
Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers, is reportedly meeting with Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in Paris, France.

Insiders told TheCable that Samuel Ortom, governor of Benue; Seyi Makinde of Oyo, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia, and other PDP stalwarts loyal to Wike are also attending the meeting.

Wike and his team were said to have travelled out of Nigeria early Monday morning.

“This explains why both Governor Nyesom Wike, who is a leading member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), and the APC presidential candidate, Bola Ahmed Tinubu were both absent at the opening of the ongoing NBA conference in Lagos,” the sources said.

According to sources, Wike and his supporters are horse-trading in the meeting to make a decision whether to back the APC candidate in the 2023 presidential election.

They are also reportedly scheduled to meet with Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party.

“This meeting is a confirmation that the Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike, even before the 2022 presidential primaries of the PDP, has been working underground for the APC candidate, Bola Tinubu,” the sources said.

“This move is a clear indication that the Governor Wike-led group has been deceiving the leadership of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in fruitless reconciliation meetings, but has already decided to play the ‘spoiler game’ by destroying the party from within, frustrate the chances of the PDP presidential candidate in the 2023 presidential election, Atiku Abubakar or when the push comes to shove, move en mass to the APC or Labour Party when the PDP least expected.

“It is important to note here that, part of Governor Wike’s plan ahead of the 2023 general elections, is to use the former governor of Ondo state, Olusegun Mimiko and other surrogates in Katsina, Kebbi, Cross River, Kano and other states to destabilise the campaigns of the PDP, especially the chances of its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.”

THE CRISIS

The opposition party has been embroiled in crisis since the conclusion of its presidential primary election in May.

Wike had contested the presidential ticket, but he lost to the former vice-president.

The cracks widened after Atiku Abubakar named Ifeanyi Okowa, governor of Delta, as his running mate for the 2023 presidential election.

Following the announcement, some party stakeholders expressed concerns that Atiku overlooked Wike — who was said to have been recommended by a panel set up at Atiku’s instance.

The division in the party worsened after Atiku granted an interview to Arise TV, during which he gave his rationale for overlooking Wike.

Days after the interview, Wike fired back, accusing the party’s presidential candidate of telling “many lies”.

Atiku has been making efforts to reconcile with Wike but there has been little progress thus far. Last week, a three-member delegation he constituted met with Wike’s team in Rivers.

The Rivers governor is reportedly demanding the resignation of Iyorchia Ayu, PDP national chairman, as a precondition for peace talks.

https://www.thecable.ng/sources-wike-meets-tinubu-in-france-horse-trading-to-work-against-atiku/amp

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by odduduwa: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2022
Agbero meets thief

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by aylagos(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2022
Nigerians please ignore the comments before me……he is just a kid

106 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by treesun: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2022

14 Likes

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by ValCon888: 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2022
He has free will to meet whoever he wants.
It won't stop Rivers people from voting Obi.

127 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by bennybuhari: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2022
Wike is fighting a lost battle

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Moh247: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2022
cool

Winners always move together

The hateful wailing people would still find something to wail about

121 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by omenka(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2022
While folks are even focussing on what is currently happening, my happiness is based on what Wike's action portends for PDP post 2023. And by PDP I mean the current PDP and the current LP supporters who we all know are returning back to licking PDP's butt after Obi is beaten blue black at the polls.

Obi himself will burn out as fast as a tiny little meteor that struck the earth's atmosphere.

That is my excitement. It'd be double tragedy for our noisy neighbors.

121 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by WonderManly(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2022
I think Wike is trying run after two Rats. And We surely miss the two.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Dapson73(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
Wike is � BATIFIED. South Lokan, Yoruba lokan, Asiwaju Lokan.

56 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
hahahahaha

Nigerians make me laugh..I said all politicians are the same.

Fight on media,attend parties and events together..

Children attends same school abroad,follow each other on social media..

Una dey judge as per poverty mentality referee

Una eyes go soon clear

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Sitwalkstand: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
You people have started again with this propaganda

The last time Wike travelled to Turkey, you carried fake news that they met in France

Just tell us that Grandpa is going to replace his blood in France as usual.

don't coat it with Wike's name

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Jack500: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
It is very certain that Wike will not work for Atiku, he either work for Tinubu or stay aloof.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Anatakuebira: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
odduduwa:
Agbero meets thief
but you never said this in 2015 and also 2019. You were busy cheering him up against Amaechi and co.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Authoreety: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
omenka:
While u are even focussing on what is currently happening, my happiness is based on what Wike's action portends for PDP post 2023. And by PDP I mean the current PDP and the current LP supporters who we all know are returning back to licking PDP's butt after Obi is beaten blue black at the polls.

Obi himself will burn out as fast as a tiny little meteor that struck the earth's atmosphere.

That is my excitement. It'd be double tragedy for our noisy neighbors.

GET WELL SOON braahh

8 Likes

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Righthussle: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
Wike will NEVER support another NORTHERNER to succeed Buhari.

19 Likes

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Kobicove(m): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
Wike is giving Atiku sleepless nights back-to-back! grin

6 Likes

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Greatlee54: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
If he thinks he can support a Muslim Muslim ticket then let him test his popularity.
1000 Wike cannot sell Tinubu to us.

23 Likes

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by IbadeHQ: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
Zombiedient children of hate and frustration won't like this news.

Watch them come for me.

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Ballack1(m): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
Wike is fighting for his personal interest

5 Likes

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Kobicove(m): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
bennybuhari:
Wike is fighting a lost battle

Don't be too sure.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Validated: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
treesun:

Stop spreading rumours!
Yesterday, it was Shekau. We know the result. Bunch of Dimwits trying very hard to justify Tinubu's dodging of NBA conference invitation

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
Politicians... grin

The fire wey go burn una for hell go get NNPC filling station for standby...

Wike's dream of becoming the president is over, bad man no fit loose on two ends, his interest gats to be number one now, he needs to get paid if he will be doing the dirty work for any opposition party...
Matter no pas like dat...

1 Like

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by obamazeroone: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
Den go lule together
Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by fredoooooo: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
Dem go start to dey cry and wail now ...

BATSHETTIMA23 INSHA ALLAH, BY GODS GRACE , ASE WA

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Ransomtheking(m): 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
I am not false prophet but I see wiked woke's political career going down after 2023 elections
This I have seen

5 Likes

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by Bokobops: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
Thunder faya Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Wike To Meet Tinubu In France, Might Work Against Atiku by KanwuliaExtra: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2022
All this meeting hiarandia!
Campaign starts in 1 month.
Wike-“make that move right now baby”!
-Singing Shalamar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Bullion Vans Miss Their Way? / Cynthia Whyte: Jonathan Denies Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers / Philip Obin Escapes Death After Visiting His Village For Peace Talks. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.