Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders (19482 Views)

Pictures Of Supporters At Peter Obi/Labor Party Rally In Benue / South-East Governors, Igbo Leaders Meet With Buhari Over Enugu Airport / Peter Obi As Atiku's VP: Southeast PDP Leaders Meet (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by IbadeHQ: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2022
Polchiz:

When una go get sense.
OBJ has no electoral value
Wike has no electoral value
IBB has no electoral value
TY Danjuma has no electoral value
Afenifere has no electoral value
The Church has no electoral value.
SE has no electoral value
SS has no electoral value
NC has no electoral value
ONLY TINUBU LAGOS AND HAUSA FULANI has electoral value
Continue to look down on everybody until you discover that you are standing alone.

You will know Zombiedients by their utterances. Foolishly temperamental, bittered, disrespectful and hateful. This your attitude will win election for Peter obi don't worry.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Begoodtoothers: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2022
Durabest:
Group of failures they are squating in one room apartment like native goat.The meeting i had yesterda with my workers the populations was higher than these.
If someone referred to your Parents as goats, would you like it? Una go just open mouth dey talk anyhow. Na person father you just call goat. Are you better than them? I don't like Tinubu or Atiku but there's no need to insult them or their supporters. Don't expect everyone to support your preferred candidate and take it in good fate. If Obidients drag you now, you go complain but na you find trouble. B kiaful
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Durabest: 11:14am On Aug 24, 2022
Begoodtoothers:
If someone referred to your Parents as goats, would you like it? Una go just open mouth dey talk anyhow. Na person father you just call goat. Are you better than them? I don't like Tinubu or Atiku but there's no need to insult them or their supporters. Don't expect everyone to support your preferred candidate and take it in good fate. If Obidients drag you now, you go complain but na you find trouble. B kiaful
Campaign was good until you guys came with your disbidients propaganda and insults,if we keep quite it may look as if we are been defeated already.But if e vex you guy take time wash your head with kai kai wash your head anything you see tell me.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Begoodtoothers: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2022
Durabest:
Campaign was good until you guys came with your disbidients propaganda and insults,if we keep quite it may look as if we are been defeated already.But if e vex you guy take time wash your head with kai kai wash your head anything you see tell me.

Oga, bad governance no dey tire you? Our leaders ain't doing there jobs and you expect say we no go vex? Obi isn't perfect but the man did well in a state with less revenue compared to Lagos. The elite is gambling with the nation's future but many of una dey fight ethnic keyboard war. Misplaced priority while USD dey near 1k. You fit no like Obi but at least, me and you no say d man no chop govt money like d others.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Lovemaester: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2022
Throwback:

The work rate is borne out of patriotism.

We need someone who can turn around the economy.

Tinubu is that man, no jokes.

He did it in Lagos, he will do it for Nigeria.

Your man can barely articulate a full sentence without misyarning, he is not physically and mentally fit to hold himself how can he handle a diverse and troubled nation like Nigeria with it's myriad of problems. I thought they said yorubas are the most sophisticated and educated tribe yet look at the druggie you are trying to force down everybody throat. I know say deep down shame dey catch una, common NBA conference a yourba man could not attend instead he sent an aboki from kanuri to come. If it were to be osinbajo as APC candidate una for don dey popori with intellectual imbroglio but alas it is a brain dead relic who cannot hold a conversation in public, una still dey use shame campaign for am

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Durabest: 11:54am On Aug 24, 2022
Begoodtoothers:

Oga, bad governance no dey tire you? Our leaders ain't doing there jobs and you expect say we no go vex? Obi isn't perfect but the man did well in a state with less revenue compared to Lagos. The elite is gambling with the nation's future but many of una dey fight ethnic keyboard war. Misplaced priority while USD dey near 1k. You fit no like Obi but at least, me and you no say d man no chop govt money like d others.
Guy me i like Tinubu because i'm been convienced that he will do well,hates said he control Lagos that he install governors the questions,when he was governor did he not outperform the person that handed over to him?,and those he installed are they not doing well?.l know they must have told you lagos was former capital even so but Tinubu didn't destroy it rather he rebranded to model standard.You talk about obi as per when he was a governor with little resources,can you compare him with Davi Umahi? Anambra is far richer than Ebonyi.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by whitedove(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2022
tinsel:
Hahaha. Obi seriously meeting with people who cannot win their pooling booths.
You don't even know how to spell POLLING booth! your mumu never do?
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Begoodtoothers: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
Durabest:
Guy me i like Tinubu because i'm been convienced that he will do well,hates said he control Lagos that he install governors the questions,when he was governor did he not outperform the person that handed over to him?,and those he installed are they not doing well?.l know they must have told you lagos was former capital even so but Tinubu didn't destroy it rather he rebranded to model standard.You talk about obi as per when he was a governor with little resources,can you compare him with Davi Umahi? Anambra is far richer than Ebonyi.
Everybody get reasons why they support their preferred candidate but no need to insult them, talk more of person wen reach to born you.

At the bolded isn't democracy, its godfatherism. Even if the installed governors dey perform, it's still not democracy. There's no check and balances on govt officials. That's why Lagos money fit dey looted because na selected people when dem install Nahin dey power. Ambode no gree and nigga was choked off.

Please note that the infrastructure wen Umahi dey build now, Anambra Don get am since.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by turbotech11: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
Baba atleast try dey bot likes with sense na......77 likes simultaneously...lols ������

Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by countryman13: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
tinsel:
U re a learner. Find out from history the contribution of middle belt to northern politics. Am one of them and not ashamed associating with Obi/Ahmed 2023 project.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by ada9ja(f): 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2022
Throwback:
what lie did he spew this time?

..that Tinubu won the election 2023
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Ylink4sure: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
Bro,I appreciate your matured and civil approach to this discussion,I wish we all in this platform can emulate this.

Sir,since 1999 SS and SE votes have traditionally been given to PDP,no splits!! Not even with SE inspired APGA stopped overwhelming majority of presidential votes from going to PDP! So,Obi being from the SE and a Christian will perform very well. He will win SE with a landslide,BUT will face a massive challenge in the SS! APC will get 25% in Edo(Oshiomole factor),Bayelsa(Timipre Sylva etc factor) and Delta(Omo Agege factor). PDP will do well in Delta(Okowa factor) and will split the votes almost equally with Obi,so Obi will win SS marginally.
I am a Yoruba man Sir,the SW is another ball game.Obi will do well in Lagos,PDP has always done well in Lagos,Tinubu will win Lagos marginally BUT win all other SW states by a massive landslide similar to how OBI will win SE,don't doubt this Sir.Religion will not help OBI in SW! You can hold on to your opinion but when the results is out you'll at least know someone has told you how it'll be. We are YORUBA first, religion comes next! Our Yorubaness comes first,it's okay if you describe it as tribal sentiments! We will vote Tinubu massively so at end of the day,Obis vote in SW will be marginal.

Sir,the only place OBi will get appreciable votes in the North is Abuja. He won't get the constitutionally votes of 25% in NW and NE states,he'll probably get in Taraba,Nasarawa and Plateau. That's all!

So, essentially his work is cut out for him! He doesn't have a problem in the South. Its the North that will sink his presidency!

Datti has got no weight! I'm certain if before Obi selected him as his VP pick I tell you about a Datti in the North you'll agree he is a paper Weight,he can't sell Obis candidacy in the North for a party without public office holders and absolutely no structure in an environment markedly different from the South where Social media etc can't cover a lot of ground.

In the Financial industry where I work,and having been born in the North and worked as a professional,I can tell you what works in the North when it comes to politics is different from the South.Also,they don't engage like we do in the south e.g Consider the Endsars riot,while the south burned,life/activities continued the same in the North.

My conclusion (my opinion) respectfully Sir,Obi will snatch the traditional PDP votes in the South(SE,SW,SS) Tinubu will win SW massively (just wait till campaign starts,you'll SEE it clearly). Atiku's fate is sealed in the south by Obi,Wike and others knows this!

If Tinubu wins the presidency,Obi will be the reason because even the Northern votes that wil go to OBi would have been for Atiku.

The Political strategy behind Tinubu Muslim-Muslim ticket will decimate votes for Atiku in NE,while the political position of APC (Governors,senators etc) in NW will give Tinubu victory while NC will be shared. There is a high probability that Obis vote will lead to a run-off between Tinubu and Atiku while Obi drops out.

Sir,Obi has no realistic chance for the presidency! None at all! He'll come a distant third.

Best Regards

Begoodtoothers:

I'll respectfully engage you and answer your questions, be you Batified or Articulated. If you want this conversation to hold in a civic manner, then no tantrums.

Now, believe it or not, 3 main factors will determine who becomes the next President, namely religion, credibility and region. Based on this premise, Let me answer your questions.

1. As rightly stated by you, Southern Nigeria( East, South and parts of the West) is predominantly populated by Christains. Remember that Obi is the only christain left in this race that has three Muslim candidates, with the incumbent also a Muslim. Like Tinubu who's using Shettima to take Northern votes from Atiku, Obi is consolidating his stronghold(christains from all religious backgrounds and new PVC registrants) in the South. My Friend, charity begins at home. Obi isn't wasting his time visiting churches o. Every vote matters.

2. You'll agree with me that Northern and South West Zones have their votes divided between the 3 candidates. But there are Obidient support groups in nearly every state in this country. They are testing their popularity by using walkouts. Yes, those workout held in Nassawara, Cross River and IMO state are initiated to test "waters". In addition, many core northerners are obidients silently. There will be a walkout for obidients in Kano soon.

4. Only Obi can lay claim to the densely dominated christain regions of SE and SS. That's the structure and it took less than 3months to build it

3. Datti has the job of visiting mosques. Not all Muslims will accept Obi's visit( non Muslims are seen as infidels) to a mosque. But if an imam request for such, he'll accept it. But Datti will blend in effortlessly, though he may not have much success but we move.

Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Lazenby007(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
tinsel:
He go soon over you
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Lazenby007(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2022
colorsofrainbow:

For how long have you been crying? cry cry cry
Seems like you are new to the towncriers crew?
Abeg,leave that one. Hin eye go soon clear.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Durabest: 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
Begoodtoothers:
Everybody get reasons why they support their preferred candidate but no need to insult them, talk more of person wen reach to born you.

At the bolded isn't democracy, its godfatherism. Even if the installed governors dey perform, it's still not democracy. There's no check and balances on govt officials. That's why Lagos money fit dey looted because na selected people when dem install Nahin dey power. Ambode no gree and nigga was choked off.

Please note that the infrastructure wen Umahi dey build now, Anambra Don get am since.
U DON LIAR AGAIN BRO.NAME WAITIN ANAMBRA GET B4 OBI CANE AS GOVERNOR AND WATIN OBI BRING AS GOVERNOR THEN TELL ME WAITN ANAMBRA GET WEY ENBOYI NO GET.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Begoodtoothers: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ylink4sure:
Bro,I appreciate your matured and civil approach to this discussion,I wish we all in this platform can emulate this.

Sir,since 1999 SS and SE votes have traditionally been given to PDP,no splits!! Not even with SE inspired APGA stopped overwhelming majority of presidential votes from going to PDP! So,Obi being from the SE and a Christian will perform very well. He will win SE with a landslide,BUT will face a massive challenge in the SS! APC will get 25% in Edo(Oshiomole factor),Bayelsa(Timipre Sylva etc factor) and Delta(Omo Agege factor). PDP will do well in Delta(Okowa factor) and will split the votes almost equally with Obi,so Obi will win SS marginally.
I am a Yoruba man Sir,the SW is another ball game.Obi will do well in Lagos,PDP has always done well in Lagos,Tinubu will win Lagos marginally BUT win all other SW states by a massive landslide similar to how OBI will win SE,don't doubt this Sir.Religion will not help OBI in SW! You can hold on to your opinion but when the results is out you'll at least know someone has told you how it'll be. We are YORUBA first, religion comes next! Our Yorubaness comes first,it's okay if you describe it as tribal sentiments! We will vote Tinubu massively so at end of the day,Obis vote in SW will be marginal.

Sir,the only place OBi will get appreciable votes in the North is Abuja. He won't get the constitutionally votes of 25% in NW and NE states,he'll probably get in Taraba,Nasarawa and Plateau. That's all!

So, essentially his work is cut out for him! He doesn't have a problem in the South. Its the North that will sink his presidency!

Datti has got no weight! I'm certain if before Obi selected him as his VP pick I tell you about a Datti in the North you'll agree he is a paper Weight,he can't sell Obis candidacy in the North for a party without public office holders and absolutely no structure in an environment markedly different from the South where Social media etc can't cover a lot of ground.

In the Financial industry where I work,and having been born in the North and worked as a professional,I can tell you what works in the North when it comes to politics is different from the South.Also,they don't engage like we do in the south e.g Consider the Endsars riot,while the south burned,life/activities continued the same in the North.

My conclusion (my opinion) respectfully Sir,Obi will snatch the traditional PDP votes in the South(SE,SW,SS) Tinubu will win SW massively (just wait till campaign starts,you'll SEE it clearly). Atiku's fate is sealed in the south by Obi,Wike and others knows this!

If Tinubu wins the presidency,Obi will be the reason because even the Northern votes that wil go to OBi would have been for Atiku.

The Political strategy behind Tinubu Muslim-Muslim ticket will decimate votes for Atiku in NE,while the political position of APC (Governors,senators etc) in NW will give Tinubu victory while NC will be shared. There is a high probability that Obis vote will lead to a run-off between Tinubu and Atiku while Obi drops out.

Sir,Obi has no realistic chance for the presidency! None at all! He'll come a distant third.

Best Regards

I understand your perspective and to a large extent, you're right but I just want to emphasize at the bolded.

1. 25% of votes won't be a problem if LP adopts the illegal methods of winning Nigeria election. Imagine if LP engages in Vote buying and gets involved in vote buying in the North. then it's a game changer you would agree.

2. I'm largely not after the probabilities of other candidates except mine, so I strategize along this line. For example, you'd agree with me that alot of new voters (especially young ones) did so because of Obi.
And please, I can tell you that it's the elderly folks of Yoruba origin that are largely Batified not the younger ones and we know this. It's difficult to convince old folks to change their habits, so Obi along with other celebs encouraged their youthful fans to get their pvcs. So, Tinubu takes the votes from the elderly while Obi takes votes belonging to youths. This situation won't help Tinubu and he's situation is worse because he's not expecting to get a descent amount of votes from the NC, SE and SS. He can't even campaign there but Atiku can.

Always remember that Atiku and Tinubu won't get bloc votes from their regions. Only Obi can boast about having SS and SE votes. And Obi doesn't need to win the NW and NE If he wins SS, SE and parts of NC which is very possible. Remember that this same man gave Atiku over 8m Southern votes in 2019. Do you think he'll lose that support? The M.M tickets of Tinubu restricts his campaign.

Yes, Yorubas may not vote Obi massively which is why he's concentrating on the many minority groups in Nigeria. If you add dem up, their voting population is definitely greater than most ethnic groups. You live in the North, so you'd understand. So, if Yorubas don't vote along religious lines, others will especially those Christians of Northern origin who ve suffered much (people of Southern Kaduna as a example).

I'm not writing Tinubu or Atiku off like you're doing with Obi but I'm focused on places and people that can be won over.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Begoodtoothers: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
Durabest:
U DON LIAR AGAIN BRO.NAME WAITIN ANAMBRA GET B4 OBI CANE AS GOVERNOR AND WATIN OBI BRING AS GOVERNOR THEN TELL ME WAITN ANAMBRA GET WEY ENBOYI NO GET.
Do research, chief. No depend on watin person tell you. Abi you think say d quality of people Wen dey support Obi no get sense? You think say we collect bribe? So, if Anambra dey yarn, you think say ebonyi go open mouth, be it in terms of academic output or financial investments? Tru dey travel bros
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by dominic17: 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
Why are you always busy typing rubbish all the time, check the state with least poverty rate in Nigeria.

Throwback:

How did Peter Obi tackle poverty and unemployment in Anambra state?

Any sane Nigerian know that a mediocre performance in Anambra state cannot result to excellence in a diverse federal level.

Nigerian youths know where dey go to for jobs, and it is not Anambra state.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Polchiz(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ylink4sure:

Best Regards

I like your analysis but something is missing.
You didn't get it right with North.
Obi will get at least 45% votes in Kaduna. I am ready to bet. He will equally get at least the required 25% in NC.
Tinubu has only SW in his pocket.
The North are voting for Atiku and Kwankwaso will split the votes in Kano, Jigawa and Katsina.
If at all there will be rerun, it will be between Obi and Atiku.
Tinubu will not do well in the North.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Ylink4sure: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2022
It's nice having a constructive and informed discussion with you Sir. I currently live and work in the SW,been here for a while now.

I once again respectfully disagree with you that Tinubu will not win bulk vote in SW! The results of Osun and Ekiti elections is pointer to LP results in SW apart from Lagos! He'll do well in Lagos because Lagos consists of about 50% non-yorubas(Every Nigerian tribe). PDP has always done well here but for LP in other SW states,the votes will be abysmal limited to SE and perhaps SS folks living there,in other SW states as you leave Lagos the number of non-yorubas decrease exponentially,where I am in SW currently,SE folks do not number up to 10%! Tinubu will win SW the way Obi will win SE,it's only Atiku that will not get such anywhere,this is the political wisdom of the Muslim-Muslim ticket.

You are concerned that I wrote off Obi,at almost 50 years of age,and having worked and lived virtually everywhere in Nigeria and working in the Financial sector where we follow the money and know things that are not open to all and having followed the Nigeria electoral circumstances,I can repeat Obi has absolutely no pathway to victory!

Sir,it takes decades (30 years upwards) of strategic Political and network development to win in Nigeria and lots of give and take! Atiku has paid this price, Tinubu was a senator in 1991! He has paid his dues,he was with Abiola in the trenches! SE wasted 22 years with PDP! They did not play the game. Obi has no network that can win Nigeria's presidency and he doesn't have the structure. The only person that fit the description but won is Jonathan! But he rode on Obasanjo/Yaradua/PDP structures! Particularly the Northern structure that is responsible for 2/3 of the votes! Sir,the North of Nigeria requires special preparation,alliances etc to win votes! These folks do not know labour party and the kind of network and structure for this cannot be built in a few months! Elections is February!

The so called Obi movement is a Southern phenomenon! Reach out to people in Yola,Gombe,Damaturu, mention Obi,they'll just hiss at you!

They are not bothered by things you guys here are concerned about,I know this is sad! That is why when some folks during the Endsars riot thought a revolution was here some of us were just laughing at the ignorance of southern folks about Nigeria! The North were going about their lives peacefully.

I'll go further Sir,if SE keeps playing their politics as it is ,an Ibo man will not rule Nigeria,take it to the bank .In 2015,Yorubas went into alliance with the North,we got VP post,now we are about to get the presidency again,second time in just 23 years,SE should study how we do it. Nobody will give you leadership position on a platter! This is sadly how it works in Nigeria.Many SE folks if asked would have staked their lives Tinubu will not win APC primary,how wrong they are! They have not learned from this!

This is how Kwakwanso described it last month

"South-east At Bottom Line In Politics; They Need To Learn"

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/2023-south-east-at-bottom-line-in-politics-they-need-to-learn-kwankwaso/

They need to learn! When a Northerner like Kwakwanso speaks,you listen! Because they have perfect understanding of Nigerian system

(Please read what he said)

Do you know why again Religion will not move SW folks both young and Old will vote Tinubu, consider this: Twice APC had a Pastor (Christian) as VP candidate,did that make SE and SS vote APC? Sir,Buhari didn't need SE and SS votes to win, Tinubu does not need it! They know what they need from the North! Sir,the Muslim-Muslim ticket is a winner! Even Atiku knows! It is not a hindrance,if Tinubu has chosen Adeboye as his VP pick,SE and SS will not vote for him and he knows he'll not lose the Yoruba vote,just watch!

Best regards

Begoodtoothers:
I understand your perspective and to a large extent, you're right but I just want to emphasize at the bolded.

1. 25% of votes won't be a problem if LP adopts the illegal methods of winning Nigeria election. Imagine if LP engages in Vote buying and gets involved in vote buying in the North. then it's a game changer you would agree.

2. I'm largely not after the probabilities of other candidates except mine, so I strategize along this line. For example, you'd agree with me that alot of new voters (especially young ones) did so because of Obi.
And please, I can tell you that it's the elderly folks of Yoruba origin that are largely Batified not the younger ones and we know this. It's difficult to convince old folks to change their habits, so Obi along with other celebs encouraged their youthful fans to get their pvcs. So, Tinubu takes the votes from the elderly while Obi takes votes belonging to youths. This situation won't help Tinubu and he's situation is worse because he's not expecting to get a descent amount of votes from the NC, SE and SS. He can't even campaign there but Atiku can.

Always remember that Atiku and Tinubu won't get bloc votes from their regions. Only Obi can boast about having SS and SE votes. And Obi doesn't need to win the NW and NE If he wins SS, SE and parts of NC which is very possible. Remember that this same man gave Atiku over 8m Southern votes in 2019. Do you think he'll lose that support? The M.M tickets of Tinubu restricts his campaign.

Yes, Yorubas may not vote Obi massively which is why he's concentrating on the many minority groups in Nigeria. If you add dem up, their voting population is definitely greater than most ethnic groups. You live in the North, so you'd understand. So, if Yorubas don't vote along religious lines, others will especially those Christians of Northern origin who ve suffered much (people of Southern Kaduna as a example).

I'm not writing Tinubu or Atiku off like you're doing with Obi but I'm focused on places and people that can be won over.

Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Ylink4sure: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2022
Thank you for your contribution, Sir.

Let's assume(a big assumption) you are right in your assessment,Now an Obi Vs Atiku,who will win? Obviously Atiku! So,this still confirm Obi has no chance at all at winning! He is only a spoiler!

But my assessment is that in case of a run off,it will be Atiku Vs Tinubu and Atiku will win! Because all the votes Obi took will return to him

But if Tinubu wins outrightly Obi is also the reason by taking the southern votes from Atiku

Polchiz:

I like your analysis but something is missing.
You didn't get it right with North.
Obi will get at least 45% votes in Kaduna. I am ready to bet. He will equally get at least the required 25% in NC.
Tinubu has only SW in his pocket.
The North are voting for Atiku and Kwankwaso will split the votes in Kano, Jigawa and Katsina.
If at all there will be rerun, it will be between Obi and Atiku.
Tinubu will not do well in the North.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Polchiz(m): 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ylink4sure:
Thank you for your contribution, Sir.

Let's assume(a big assumption) you are right in your assessment,Now an Obi Vs Atiku,who will win? Obviously Atiku! So,this still confirm Obi has no chance at all at winning! He is only a spoiler!

But my assessment is that in case of a run off,it will be Atiku Vs Tinubu and Atiku will win! Because all the votes Obi took will return to him

But if Tinubu wins outrightly Obi is also the reason by taking the southern votes from Atiku

So if there is rerun between Atiku and Obi, how can Atiku win?
SW will give their votes to him as a punishment for Obi or what?
Because if Atiku cannot win SE, SS,NC and SW in a rerun, I wonder how he will win.
SS and SE alone gave him over 80% of his total votes in 2019.
He didn't even win his polling unit.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Ylink4sure: 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
Sir,Atiku will win NE,NW massively that alone has nullified all of Obi's southern votes,have you forgotten Buhari won twice without SE and SS votes!

He needed some more SW votes to win because an Hausa man was in contention in 2019 and a PDP incumbent was there in 2015,with these out of the way,Atiku will not need victory in the SW!

Atiku will win 65% of NC votes too! He'll also get needed 25% of votes in needed southern States. Go and check the voters numbers of NW and NE! It will be an annihilation!

Those who voted for Tinubu in the North will vote for Atiku, remember APC will only be a bystander! He doesn't have a Goodluck Jonathan structure for the fight,in fact by then his campaign will be too broke for another election.

Let me tell you a truth Sir,Igbos have not developed the needed level of reapproachment with North(let me put it that way) They trust a Yoruba Man than an Ibo man,if I sadly may say this.They love our accomodating nature,the fact that many of us share same religion (Islam) as them,we often do not fight(we don't attack them),we even intermarry more with them than Igbo people etc and etc

The southern vote will not get Obi anywhere while though Atiku will lose in the south it won't be by same margin by which Obi will lose in the North

Note this down, Sir

Polchiz:

So if there is rerun between Atiku and Obi, how can Atiku win?
SW will give their votes to him as a punishment for Obi or what?
Because if Atiku cannot win SE, SS,NC and SW in a rerun, I wonder how he will win.
SS and SE alone gave him over 80% of his total votes in 2019.
He didn't even win his polling unit.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Polchiz(m): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ylink4sure:
Sir,Atiku will win NE,NW massively that alone has nullified all of Obi's southern votes,have you forgotten Buhari won twice without SE and SS votes!

He needed some more SW votes to win because an Hausa man was in contention in 2019 and a PDP incumbent was there in 2015,with these out of the way,Atiku will not need victory in the SW!

Atiku will win 65% of NC votes too! He'll also get needed 25% of votes in needed southern States. Go and check the voters numbers of NW and NE! It will be an annihilation!

Those who voted for Tinubu in the North will vote for Atiku, remember APC will only be a bystander! He doesn't have a Goodluck Jonathan structure for the fight,in fact by then his campaign will be too broke for another election.

Let me tell you a truth Sir,Igbos have not developed the needed level of reapproachment with North(let me put it that way) They trust a Yoruba Man than an Ibo man,if I sadly may say this.

The southern vote will not get Obi anywhere while though Atiku will lose in the south it won't be by same margin by which Obi will lose in the North

Note this down, Sir

It is alright, let us wait and see. Only God knows the future.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Ylink4sure: 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
Yes oooo! My Brother! It's all in God's hands!

Polchiz:

It is alright, let us wait and see. Only God knows the future.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Obainomilano: 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
Throwback:

We who know we are youth and new, not some old 61yr old baba that jumped into another party and thinks he is a youth candidate because he can jump about.
..if obi no dey give u nightmares u will not be rushing into every obi thread to masturbate for example I don't have time to read Tinubu or atiku or buhari thread ..cos they don't matter to me...but obi gives u nightmares just like he gives every eveil and devilish poor broke tribalistic bigoted idiotvin this country nightmares
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by kayusely70(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
A fruitless exercise!
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Joker25: 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2022
All these people above me just dey talk talk lobbish
Okay Peter Obi cant win Yet them don pay one Usman Farouk to Eliminate Peter Obi
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Begoodtoothers: 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2022
Ylink4sure:
It's nice having a constructive and informed discussion with you Sir. I currently live and work in the SW,been here for a while now.

I once again respectfully disagree with you that Tinubu will not win bulk vote in SW. The results of Osun and Ekiti elections is pointer to LP results in SW apart from Lagos! He'll do well in Lagos because Lagos consists of about 50% non-yorubas(Every Nigerian tribe). PDP has always done well here but for LP in other SW states,the votes will be abysmal limited to SE and perhaps SS folks living there,in other SW states as you leave Lagos the number of non-yorubas decrease exponentially,where I am in SW currently,SE folks do not number up to 10%! Tinubu will win SW the way Obi will win SE,it's only Atiku that will not get such anywhere,this is the political wisdom of the Muslim-Muslim ticket.

You are concerned that I wrote off Obi,at almost 50 years of age,and having worked and lived virtually everywhere in Nigeria and working in the Financial sector where we follow the money and know things that are not open to all and having followed the Nigeria electoral circumstances,I can repeat Obi has absolutely no pathway to victory!

Sir,it takes decades (30 years upwards) of strategic Political and network development to win in Nigeria and lots of give and take! Atiku has paid this price, Tinubu was a senator in 1991! He has paid his dues,he was with Abiola in the trenches! SE wasted 22 years with PDP! They did not play the game. Obi has no network that can win Nigeria's presidency and he doesn't have the structure. The only person that fit the description but won is Jonathan! But he rode on Obasanjo/Yaradua/PDP structures! Particularly the Northern structure that is responsible for 2/3 of the votes! Sir,the North of Nigeria requires special preparation,alliances etc to win votes! These folks do not know labour party and the kind of network and structure for this cannot be built in a few months! Elections is February!

The so called Obi movement is a Southern phenomenon! Reach out to people in Yola,Gombe,Damaturu, mention Obi,they'll just hiss at you!

They are not bothered by things you guys here are concerned about,I know this is sad! That is why when some folks during the Endsars riot thought a revolution was here some of us were just laughing at the ignorance of southern folks about Nigeria! The North were going about their lives peacefully.

I'll go further Sir,if SE keeps playing their politics as it is ,an Ibo man will not rule Nigeria,take it to the bank .In 2015,Yorubas went into alliance with the North,we got VP post,now we are about to get the presidency again,second time in just 23 years,SE should study how we do it. Nobody will give you leadership position on a platter! This is sadly how it works in Nigeria.Many SE folks if asked would have staked their lives Tinubu will not win APC primary,how wrong they are! They have not learned from this!

This is how Kwakwanso described it last month

"South-east At Bottom Line In Politics; They Need To Learn"

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/2023-south-east-at-bottom-line-in-politics-they-need-to-learn-kwankwaso/

They need to learn! When a Northerner like Kwakwanso speaks,you listen! Because they have perfect understanding of Nigerian system

(Please read what he said)

Do you know why again Religion will not move SW folks both young and Old will vote Tinubu, consider this: Twice APC had a Pastor (Christian) as VP candidate,did that make SE and SS vote APC? Sir,Buhari didn't need SE and SS votes to win, Tinubu does not need it! They know what they need from the North! Sir,the Muslim-Muslim ticket is a winner! Even Atiku knows! It is not a hindrance,if Tinubu has chosen Adeboye as his VP pick,SE and SS will not vote for him and he knows he'll not lose the Yoruba vote,just watch!

Best regards

A matured and descent conversation. Specifically, I agree with your on the SE engagements in Nigeria's politics though there much more reasons to it which aren't on public space. However, let me attend to the bolded statements.

1. I never said the Tinubu won't win in the SW but it's devoid of wide margins or bloc votes. Download the 2019 election results and examine it properly.

Another factor that you tend to ignore is the religious aspect. One thing I try to avoid in my conversations is painting my opinion on a general subject. Are you saying that Yorubas(young and old) will vote Tinubu because he's Yoruba? Cos that's what you're implying.

That's why I categorized it by saying you and old. From my interviews, most young ones of Yoruba origin aren't voting Tinubu. The elderly (and I mean people from 50years upwards) are voting Tinubu. Do a survey yourself..

2. Honestly, it's only in Africa that you need decades to build a political frame and that's why we are backward. In this era of tech and science, you don't that amount of time. How many decades did it take for Obi to become governor or to create his movement? Remember sowore? See, if you have an opportunity to do the right things in life, do it. Obi is enjoying the rewards of being a good governor. Do you know how much Atiku and Tinubu will pay for the kind of organic support Obi has?

Obi knew the precise issues affecting Nigerians and he keyed into it. Atiku feels money can buy it all. Now, #100billion will be contributed for this campaign which will match Atiku and Tinubu's campaign, naira for naira, vote buying for vote buying.

3. You can't compare Tinubu to buhari, who was a former head of state and had an Obi-like movement. Tinubu doesn't have such, that's why he depends on a large financial warchest and a bit of thuggery to win. Atiku has d money but doesn't have the kind of followship enjoyed by kwankwaso, buhari and Obi. Now, while Buhari and Kwankwaso's following is largely localized, Obi has followers amongst indengious people of Northern origin who are Christians. So, his movement is abit nationalized when compared to the others. Yes, he used religion and insecurity to do so. Ll So, if Yorubas (your opinion, which you generalized thereby making it debatable) don't see religion as a key factor, other ethnic groups especially here in the North do. The question then, how do you to key into the expectations of each ethnic group in order to manage their expectations? Only a leader with grassroot contacts can do so.

If you had said Obi can't win due to a lack of financial prowess which the other candidates possess, I'd agree but be rest assured that it'll be taken cared of when rallies begin officially. Like I stated earlier, campaign in the North will be different from the South. It's not like Tinubu who can't do so in christain dominated states.
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Lovemaester: 2:47pm On Feb 05
Throwback:

The work rate is borne out of patriotism.

We need someone who can turn around the economy.

Tinubu is that man, no jokes.

He did it in Lagos, he will do it for Nigeria.

Hwfa hope you are with tinubu in France or at least the govt is favouring u and ur family. Fucking bastard
Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Throwback: 4:24pm On Feb 05
Lovemaester:

Hwfa hope you are with tinubu in France or at least the govt is favouring u and ur family. Fucking bastard

I do not live my life for Government to favour me but the common needs of the country.

We have 7years to go, then you can pass your verdict.

And if your pain is that your preferred candidate lost, then I reckon your candidate was not good enough.

No be me say make Obi no get block votes from SS as you planned claiming you are a grassroot mobilizer, yet he lost Bayelsa and Akwa-Ibom to Atiku.

No be me say make Obi dey insignificant in the Muslim North, while hoping for religious warfare to win the Christian MiddleBelt that he still lost 4 out of 6 states to Tinubu.

Partisan man, console yourself that the Okowa you campaigned for in the past, provided you with the expected performance in Delta such that you did not deem him worthy of your campaign for the 2023 election.

You have your choice, others have theirs.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Labor Party Leaders Meet With South West And Middle Belt Leaders by Lovemaester: 7:37pm On Feb 05
Throwback:

I do not live my life for Government to favour me but the common needs of the country.

We have 7years to go, then you can pass your verdict.

And if your pain is that your preferred candidate lost, then I reckon your candidate was not good enough.

No be me say make Obi no get block votes from SS as you planned claiming you are a grassroot mobilizer, yet he lost Bayelsa and Akwa-Ibom to Atiku.

No be me say make Obi dey insignificant in the Muslim North, while hoping for religious warfare to win the Christian MiddleBelt that he still lost 4 out of 6 states to Tinubu.

Partisan man, console yourself that the Okowa you campaigned for in the past, provided you with the expected performance in Delta such that you did not deem him worthy of your campaign for the 2023 election.

You have your choice, others have theirs.

All these na empty capping. You clearly campaigned out of tribal sentiments despite the writing on the wall that he was gonna be terrible and worst than buhari. A govt that will do well will show from the beginning, don't gaslight us like u did in 2015 when things starting getting bad. Tinubu will not last till 2027 because the suffering will be too terrible for the northerners to bear plus the fact that the drug dealer and certificate forger is only interested in looting massively. Bleep you, you your family and community are being severely bleeped in the arse by the disastrous policies of the druggie. E binpawa o motherfuckers

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Says N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment Applicable To All Workers / Replace Betta Edu With Halimat Adenike, Persons With Disabilities Beg Tinubu / My Watch: 11 Shocking Things From Obj’s New Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.