Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case (7550 Views)

INEC Asks Tribunal To Vary Inspection Order Granted Atiku, Obi / Atiku Lines Up 400 Witnesses, Asks Tribunal To Sack Buhari, Declare Him Winner / Presidential Poll: Buhari Asks Tribunal To Grant Access To Inspect Materials (2) (3) (4)

Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by 9jahotblog: 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has responded to the petition filed by Governor Gboyega Oyetola before the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal.

Governor Oyetola, who is the candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC) is challenging the result of the July 16 governorship election before the tribunal.

Oyetola and APC claimed that there was over-voting in some local government areas in the state in the gubernatorial poll.

The Caretaker Committee Chairman, Osun PDP, Dr Adekunle Akindele in his response asked the Election tribunal to dismiss Oyetola’s petition, describing it as frivolous, baseless and un-meritorious.

He noted that Adeleke was duly declared the winner, stating that there was no over-voting in any of the polling units being challenged by Oyetola and his APC

Maintaining that the election was free, fair and credible without any iota of non-compliance with the Electoral Act, 2022, PDP said the allegations listed in Oyetola’s petition are lame and imaginary.

Akindele concluded that the petition filed by Oyetola and the APC are time-wasting and effort in futility, added that Senator Ademola Adeleke, who is the candidate of PDP and governor-elect fulfilled all qualification criteria and conditions to run for the election.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/23/osun-election-pdp-replies-oyetolas-petition-asks-tribunal-to-dismiss-case/

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by 9jahotblog: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
PDP, INEC file replies, ask Osun election tribunal to dismiss Oyetola’s petition

The Peoples Democratic Party and the Independent National Electoral Commission on Tuesday filed their replies to the petition filed by the Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola before the Osun Governorship Election Petition Tribunal.

According to a statement signed by us Akindele Adekunle, Osun PDP Caretaker Committee Chairman, the party and INEC sued respectively as 3rd and 1st respondents by Governor Oyetola and the All Progressives Congress responded to the said petition by filing their separate replies, praying the tribunal to dismiss the petition as frivolous, baseless and un-meritorious.

They disclosed that the respondents in reply to Oyetola’s petition claimed that all the allegations in the petition were lame and imaginary, maintaining that the election was free, fair and credible without any iota of non-compliance with the Electoral Act, 2022.

“The respondents who considered the petition of Oyetola and the APC as time-wasting and effort in futility, hinted in their reply that Senator Ademola Adeleke fulfilled all qualification criteria and conditions to run for the election and was duly declared the winner, stating that there was no over-voting in any of the polling units being challenged by Oyetola and his APC.

“The PDP therefore advised the APC and Oyetola to face the reality of their defeat, stop the wild goose chase and start the process of handing over to the incoming administration of Senator Ademola Adeleke,” the statement read.

When contacted on the telephone, the Secretary of the tribunal, David Umar confirmed that the response of the PDP had been filed.

https://www.thepointng.com/pdp-inec-file-replies-ask-osun-election-tribunal-to-dismiss-oyetolas-petition/

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Jostoman: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
This oyetola no get shame at all, Adeleke defeated you in 2018 but the election was declare inconclusive and Inec order for a re-run then
Lagos State second in command in Oshodi brought his thug to Osun to scare people that came to vote for Adeleke away and because of that you won and the same Adeleke came back in 2022 to defeat you again and you still get mind to go court Oyetola go home and enjoy your loot.

Osun state people have spoken their minds

34 Likes

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Tunjitos: 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2022
grin who will read all these

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by 9jahotblog: 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2022
Osun Tribunal: PDP, INEC Reply APC, Oyetola’s Petitions, Urge Panel To Dismiss Petition

Osun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Tuesday filed their replies to the petition of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Governor Gboyega Oyelola as required by the rules of the election petition tribunal petition.

In the responses, they told the tribunal that all the allegations in the petition are lame and imaginary.

The commission and party in their separate replies to the APC/Oyetola petition maintained that the election was free, fair and credible without any iota of non-compliance with the Electoral Act, 2022 and prayed the tribunal to dismiss the petition for it is frivolous, baseless and un-meritorious.
They claimed that Senator Ademola Adeleke fulfilled all qualification criteria and conditions to run for the election and was duly declared the winner, insisting that there was no over-voting in any of the polling units being challenged by Oyetola and his APC.

The PDP further maintained that “it is fully prepared to defend its mandate to show to all and sundry that the election petition filed by the APC and Governor Oyelola is time wasting because it was brought in dead and you will see at the end of the day.”

Secretary of the legal committee of the party, Hasim Abioye who was in the company of some party chieftains and witnesses while filing the reply at the Osun State High Court, the venue of the tribunal, remarked: “Well, as you can see we are before the election petition tribunal, PDP is set to file her own reply to the petition of the APC and Governor Oyelola as required by the rules, the witnesses must be present physically before the secretary to the tribunal to sign their witness statements on oath.
“So, all these people here are witnesses and they have come to show themselves before the secretary that they are ready to sign their witnesses statement on oath.

“We have twenty-one days ultimatum to file our reply but this is the fourteenth day and to show that we are ever ready as fit as a fiddle, we are ever ready as a boy scout to tell you that we are not running anywhere.
“I think, we have more than a hundred as you can see here and others are still coming so I can tell you that for us to be able to line up and with others still coming we are fully prepared to defend this mandate to show to you that the election petition filed by the APC and Governor Oyelola is time wasting because it was brought in dead and you will see at the end of the day.”

When asked of the exact number of witnesses, he explained, “we will not tell you the exact number but we are more than a hundred.

“When you see the processes you can approach the tribunal to see the list of the lawyers on the processes when they are eventually made available to the public but, I can tell you that we are confident of victory and like I always say, the petition is time wasting and in fact, it is an empty shell.”

“Yes, we are confident that the tribunal will do justice to this. You know they’ve made so much hype about service on the governor-elect, you know the security situation in Ede and so if we are in the state aftermath the election you can see security breaches here and there, so, the administration that has not been able to secure the state properly we cannot just open the gate of the governor-elect for just anybody to walk in and that is why the law has made provision for substituted service.

“It is part of our jurisprudence and if there’s no provision for it in our jurisprudence, we say that is not normal. I’ve never seen any election petition where the petitioner has been able to serve the governor-elect personally.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/osun-tribunal-pdp-inec-reply-apc-oyetolas-petitions-urge-panel-to-dismiss-petition/

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by yinkus6750(m): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2022
Sheer waste of time, energy and resources.
Adeleke lokan.
Oyetola ti lule

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Freelane33(m): 4:32am On Aug 24, 2022
Fool
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Omonieme: 4:33am On Aug 24, 2022
Why can't people take their Ls in peace, believe they've lost out fairly, go to the drawing board, see where they did wrong and try to do better in the next election. This Oyetola guy was soundly and roundly beaten in that election. Person wey be say if not for remote control, he wouldn't even have won his 1st term. Many people felt Adeleke was cheated in the 2018 election and such can only evoke pity which will only translate to more votes... You know we Nigerians love the underdog or rather, the oppressed one. Add this sentiment to Adeleke's popularity in Osun and you shouldn't be questioning his victory. I'm even surprised Oyetola could poll such high numbers. But well, if mugu no fall, guy man no go chop. If Politicians no desperate, how lawyers go take chop from election litigations. And walahi, I fear Lawyers. Seriously, I fear those people. People wey fit convince career politician like Atiku Abubakar that he won an election via a server when the same Atiku Abubakar clearly lost in even his own polling unit wey he queued up, people looked at him and voted another candidate and an election that didn't deviate from expected projections with the PDP winning in states they were expected to win and even doing well in some states they weren't expected to post good numbers at can convince anybody.... Well, unlike them lawyers, I no dey sell fake hope and unrealistic deals. So, I've got one sweet 04 Camry for sale in my profile now. Reason for sale is I need an upgrade. So, why not check it out?
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by loosecanon50(m): 4:35am On Aug 24, 2022
Why can't some people just accept their loss and move on? Oyetola, just yield grin

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by God1000(m): 4:35am On Aug 24, 2022
The governor should just accept defeat abeg

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by majamajic(m): 4:36am On Aug 24, 2022
This man should rest na
Till they disgrace him join , I don't even know why they move hand over date very far in Governorship elections . It's not supposed to be more than a month . Na money he is packing now.

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Peacemaker5129(f): 4:37am On Aug 24, 2022
PDP did not have candidate in Osun election because of forged results

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by ekukeku(m): 4:38am On Aug 24, 2022
Yinmu
Ordinary governor
U want to die dere
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by loosecanon50(m): 4:38am On Aug 24, 2022
Peacemaker5129:

Are you really a peacemaker?

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by CEPHAS101: 4:42am On Aug 24, 2022
APChit tii lule grin
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by 10kgod(m): 4:58am On Aug 24, 2022
majamajic:
This man should rest na
Till they disgrace him join , I don't even know why they move hand over date very far in Governorship elections . It's not supposed to be more than a month . Na money he is packing now.

Handling over shouldn't be more than 2-weeks to me. What's he doing in government house again? Probably trying to burn some secret docs. Some files they used in embezzlement....

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by majamajic(m): 5:07am On Aug 24, 2022
10kgod:

Handling over shouldn't be more than 2-weeks to me. What's he doing in government house again? Probably trying to burn some secret docs. Some files they used in embezzlement....

That's the mistake NIGERIANS do , why give a governor 3 months to hand over ? They are even supposed to step down before elections , we wan do democracy like oyibo .

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by 10kgod(m): 5:23am On Aug 24, 2022
majamajic:

That's the mistake NIGERIANS do , why give a governor 3 months to hand over ? They are even supposed to step down before elections , we wan do democracy like oyibo .

They should update this their fu**kín constitution.

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Okobola146: 5:23am On Aug 24, 2022
Oyetola o lule
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by chrisxxx(m): 5:26am On Aug 24, 2022
This is no case.
You can't petition yourself.
te peto te Cant

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Akinsete19(m): 5:40am On Aug 24, 2022
Cool
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by bestman09(m): 6:07am On Aug 24, 2022
Oyetola is just chasing shadows like an average Nigerian politician
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Olojuobinrin(m): 6:16am On Aug 24, 2022
Nah who give up , nah him mess up ! Oyetola 4+4 , but Adeleke will borrow small from the 4 sha until he’s kicked out just like his counterparts!! Oyetola deserves a second term ! He did well in his first term but his only mistake is not putting those AREGBESOLA’s miscrants in Positions especially that Salenshile of a man in Chief of staff , that was the reason why they worked against him and moved to PDP just to prove a point but I see Oyetola coming back to finish his good work ! Aregbe messed up big time and he is not stopping at that because he thinks he is a big man now Tinubu made you what you are today ! Osun doesn’t belong to jokers like Michael Jackson and the likes of AREGBESOLA ! We don’t need them here in Osun to destroy things ! Serubawon could have been a better option if they didn’t take him out ! But this Joker called Jackson Adeleke should not be allowed to take over the affairs of my darling state ! He never even enter office , cultists everywhere jubilating and having a nice time and waiting for when to finally start their game in full gear !! I fear for Osun state !

Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by callthefred: 6:38am On Aug 24, 2022
If you accuse PDP of supporting cultists. The only evidence of support for cultism in Osun is Asiri Eniba who is a known cultist and killer and he's a well known APC member.

As for Oyetola going to court, it's within his right but that doesn't mean he didn't loose tht election. He may win on technical grounds if he has his facts.

Olojuobinrin:
Nah who give up , nah him mess up ! Oyetola 4+4 , but Adeleke will borrow small from the 4 sha until he’s kicked out just like his counterparts!! Oyetola deserves a second term ! He did well in his first term but his only mistake is not putting those AREGBESOLA’s miscrants in Positions especially that Salenshile of a man in Chief of staff , that was the reason why they worked against him and moved to PDP just to prove a point but I see Oyetola coming back to finish his good work ! Aregbe messed up big time and he is not stopping at that because he thinks he is a big man now Tinubu made you what you are today ! Osun doesn’t belong to jokers like Michael Jackson and the likes of AREGBESOLA ! We don’t need them here in Osun to destroy things ! Serubawon could have been a better option if they didn’t take him out ! But this Joker called Jackson Adeleke should not be allowed to take over the affairs of my darling state ! He never even enter office , cultists everywhere jubilating and having a nice time and waiting for when to finally start their game in full gear !! I fear for Osun state !
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Molutex(m): 6:58am On Aug 24, 2022
Peacemaker5129:
what are you saying?
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Minjim: 6:59am On Aug 24, 2022
Oyetola is merely exercising his rights.

Since the election is free and fair according to Pdp, they should the tribunal process go thru.
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by 9jahotblog: 7:00am On Aug 24, 2022
Oyetola the clueless treasury looter will lose again in the tribunal court of justice
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by Olojuobinrin(m): 7:01am On Aug 24, 2022
callthefred:
If you accuse PDP of supporting cultists. The only evidence of support for cultism in Osun is Asiri Eniba who is a known cultist and killer and he's a well known APC member.

As for Oyetola going to court, it's within his right but that doesn't mean he didn't loose tht election. He may win on technical grounds if he has his facts.

We all know Asiri and we know they’ve been hunting him for long , but cultists related killings were not like this before the election, if you’re in Osun , you should definitely know the angle I’m coming from , and yes Oyetola is likely to win at the court because he seems to have enough to prove it that The PDP didn’t win the election.
Re: Osun Election: PDP Replies Oyetola’s Petition, Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Case by 9jahotblog: 7:02am On Aug 24, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
clueless liar and propagandist here. Oyetola failed woefully in governance. Oyetola the clueless party destroyer will lose woefully in the tribunal again. Oyetola the clueless treasury looter will be disgrace in the tribunal court of justice.

Who Do You Think Is The Right Man That Can Change Nigeria For Good / Governors Ask Review Revenue Sharing Formula / Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me'