Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,001 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do (1157 Views)

Help: Sporty Bet Scam / I Just Got Scammed Through Sporty Bet / Bet9ja And Sporty Bet Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by Babaflenjor: 11:58pm On Aug 23, 2022
I linked my GTB debit card to sportybet app, note I'm not a gambler but just twice I've used it to fund sportybet app and this afternoon 80k was debited from my account through sporty bet and for me to open the app and check my app it's given me invalid password I know my password very well but right now I can't access my sporty bet account
Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by Typicool8(m): 12:03am On Aug 24, 2022
Babaflenjor:
I linked my GTB debit card to sportybet app, note I'm not a gambler but just twice I've used it to fund sportybet app and this afternoon 80k was debited from my account through sporty bet and for me to open the app and check my app it's given me invalid password I know my password very well but right now I can't access my sporty bet account

From your explanation it seems scammers have one way or the other gotten your card details so what you will do first and foremost is to Login to your Gtb app, click on card, then block it to avoid stories that touch. After that try to contact sportybet help and explain to them

1 Like

Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by judatech: 12:53am On Aug 24, 2022
You must have logged in to a fake sportybet account unknowingly

4 Likes

Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by Chno: 1:16am On Aug 24, 2022
lol maybe you clicked on a cloned sportybet site

1 Like

Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by ASAPFERG1: 1:41am On Aug 24, 2022
Make una dey use 1xbet and leave all this useless bet9ja and their likes una nor hear

1 Like

Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by Babaflenjor: 1:59am On Aug 24, 2022
Typicool8:

From your explanation it seems scammers have one way or the other gotten your card details so what you will do first and foremost is to Login to your Gtb app, click on card, then block it to avoid stories that touch. After that try to contact sportybet help and explain to them
I linked my card to my sporty bet app, the person withdraw the money first from my GTB acc to my sporty bet account and then blocked me from accessing my sporty bet account, and then transferred it from sporty bet to a sterling wallet account. Ive called GTB and it was confirmed that the money was withdraw to my sporty bet account, then I called sporty bet customer no and they confirmed the money enter the account and was immediately transferred to a sterling wallet account.
Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by Babaflenjor: 2:00am On Aug 24, 2022
judatech:
You must have logged in to a fake sportybet account unknowingly
no I didn't I av been using this account for over 1 year now
Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by kenearth50(m): 5:15am On Aug 24, 2022
Babaflenjor:
Why didn't you set up your sporty 4 digit PIN
Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by HDMax: 5:36am On Aug 24, 2022
Babaflenjor:
no I didn't I av been using this account for over 1 year now

You did, someone must have brainwashed you with the idea of 70/30 deal, which you will pay after you win the game, then he gives you a link to access the game which you click and entered your sporty login details to login into your account, but unfortunately as you logged in the scammer now have access to your login details which in turn logged into account change your password and withdraw money from your account

1 Like

Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by HDMax: 5:46am On Aug 24, 2022
Babaflenjor:
I linked my card to my sporty bet app, the person withdraw the money first from my GTB acc to my sporty bet account and then blocked me from accessing my sporty bet account, and then transferred it from sporty bet to a sterling wallet account. Ive called GTB and it was confirmed that the money was withdraw to my sporty bet account, then I called sporty bet customer no and they confirmed the money enter the account and was immediately transferred to a sterling wallet account.

Well this is good news for you, if you can ask sporty for the account details the money was transferred to and they can provide you with the account details, just go to NSCDC(civil defense office in your area) tell them your story, it will be tagged internet fraud, give them the bank details of the account they will collect a Court order to freeze the account, once the account is freezed the fraudster will not be able to access the account which he will have to enter the bank to lay complains or rectify the issue, once he gets to the customer care, once they access his account it will show wanted, he will be nab and transfered to nearest NSCDC office which he will be transferred to your state...

Though this process will cost you like 25k to run, but if he is arrested the fraudster will pay you back along with your 80k.

I hope this helps

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by Babaflenjor: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2022
HDMax:

You did, someone must have brainwashed you with the idea of 70/30 deal, which you will pay after you win the game, then he gives you a link to access the game which you click and entered your sporty login details to login into your account, but unfortunately as you logged in the scammer now have access to your login details which in turn logged into account change your password and withdraw money from your account
Bro I didn't do all these at all, first have never found my account with more than 1k in my life, second I I'm not someone who bet regularly like that it's just once in a while, and I av contacted the sportybet customer service they told me my account was compromised, I strongly believe this happened with the assistance of an insider at sportybet company, Because the account that the money was withdrawn to was opened with the same name as mine I mean My Surname, my middle name and last mane, he used the card I linked to sportybet app to found the sportybet for four times 5k, 50k 20k 5k and withdraw immediately to sterling wallet account two times 49k and 31k
Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by Typicool8(m): 7:38am On Aug 24, 2022
Babaflenjor:

Now the best thing to do is block your card from online transactions so that the person wouldn't be able to withdraw any money from your account then continue the follow up.if the banks are not willing to do anything just search for CBN anti-fraud unit and email them with evidence I am sure they will do something about it. This scammers are something else and please be careful next time sir.

1 Like

Re: Help Sporty Bet Just Scammed Me What Do I Do by Babaflenjor: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2022
All these banks are not helping matter, how can sterling Bank open an account for someone without BVN, NIN No passport photo, no traceable address, and the person made both deposit and withdraw transaction on such account

(1) (Reply)

Only One Nigerian Made List Of 10 Greatest Footballers Of All Time In Africa / Uk Football Pools Coupon | 6th April 2024 | Week 40: X-15-X / Sani Emmanuel Wins Golden Ball Mvp (most Valuable Player) & Silver Shoe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.