Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri (41962 Views)

Funny Picture Of Sam Loco, Makes Us Laugh Even In Death / Photo Of P-square Chilling With Awilo Longomba In His Hotel Room / ‘The Resident’ Hotel: Osita Iheme Set To Unveil His Hotel In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Korrection(m): 12:05am On Aug 08, 2011
im crying, lets cry for him, we are loosing icons, i wish its 50 of our senators, rip sle
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by sandee575(f): 12:07am On Aug 08, 2011
Sam Loco, not many find this love on Nairaland. RIP.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by kadman(m): 12:21am On Aug 08, 2011
BREAKING NEWS

Sam Loco Efe is not dead. . . He only slumped but still very much alive, it's all over the news and on Twitter !

Una no get TV ni ?
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by coolcash4l(m): 12:42am On Aug 08, 2011
RIP. Sam Loco,
stagger:

Sorry to say this to you, but you are probably the biggest dolt on nairaland. angry
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by mcobinad(m): 12:45am On Aug 08, 2011
This is a demise. Am in a state of quagmire, quandary and totally discombobulated. Uncle Sam had a conspicuous way of reaching out to people with his jaw-breaking grammatology & great humour. He had a suave personality and he is the reason i watch Nollywood movies. I pray your sense of humour will permeate throughout the entertainment industry and more people will be willing to emulate your foot steps. Very devoted & educated man who voices out the English language with great enthusiasm, poise and very articulate. Am still finding it difficult to believe Uncle Sam is history. I have always watched his movies with an oxford dictionary in the hand. If not for anything uncle Sam, you contributed tremendously towards my success in education. You gave me the reason to love grammar and use it with great cojones. Uncle sam, I have not had a plethora of your vocabularies. Why did you depart so soon @ 66? No one out there can equate to your level of interlading grammar with humour. Let your soul find peace wherever it goes. I miss you so much my father of vocabulary & humour. You will always be remembered and your legacy will be spoken of to the future generations. smiley
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Myself2(m): 12:46am On Aug 08, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

Young man, Sam Loco Efeeimwonkiyeke is from EDO STATE, may his sould rest in peace

Very correct,tell 'em
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Myself2(m): 12:50am On Aug 08, 2011
kadman:

BREAKING NEWS

Sam Loco Efe is not dead. . . He only slumped but still very much alive, it's all over the news and on Twitter !

Una no get TV ni ?

Hey pal,dont forget that so many people either do not have access to the local TV stations or do not watch them,but I pray he's alive.God bless Sam Loco
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by cyzzy: 1:42am On Aug 08, 2011
RIP EFE, you have made ur mark in the world. God's speed.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by rilow212: 2:22am On Aug 08, 2011
[color=#550000][/color][i][/i]
what a bad bad bad news
May his amiable soul rest in peace.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by honeric01(m): 3:49am On Aug 08, 2011
One of the funniest matured comedian in the Nigerian film industry, we will miss you pa chief umudiaga. God dey.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by luluosas(m): 9:12am On Aug 08, 2011
R.I.P uncle Sam.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by MeNutty(f): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2011
We usually dont know what we have till its gone, RIP Sam Loco
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by lindabon: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2011
rip
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by luluosas(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2011
naijaspeak:

Sad to hear in the news media that Sam Loco Efe is dead. However, I want to say that Sam Loco did not do much to promote the movie industry of his own people the urhobo people and perhaps delta state. He spent all his life time promoting films of easteners. Many deltans want to see him come to delta state and identify with the state. Get a lot of urhobo boys and girls into the film industry. Sam loco fail to do this even though he is in a good position to develop the film industry of delta state.

Most of the film Sam Loco acted was only promoting ibo culture and most of his tribes men especially the average urbobo man would have love to see him support urbobo culture and film. But he failed to do this.

Take for example, Justus Esiri ( an urhobo man ) promoted the film industry in the Niger delta and also supported niger delta development struggle for self determination and development. But I do not see Sam Loco do all this.

So I will say that that detal state did not benefit much from Sam Loco professionalism as far as movie making and the movie industry is concerned.
[b][/b]
Sam Loco Efe is a pure Bini man from Uhe, in Uhunmwode LGA of Edo State. Please, don't disturb us with your tribalistic post, as we mourn the death of this great icon in the Nigerian movie industry.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by ashiri1: 10:40am On Aug 08, 2011
cheii!! bro sam,how manage? rip
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Nayah(f): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2011
So sad RIP dad you were so good in acting!
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by delpee(f): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
Always loved him with his great sense of humor since his early acting days on NTA Ibadan. Rest in peace dear brother.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by LordElNou: 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2011
Sam is going to be missed, Nigeria and Nollywood would misse this unique icon. RIP
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by mamagee3(f): 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
Sam Loco isn't dead, please stop these rumour now!
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by r231(m): 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2011
mama-gee:

Sam Loco isn't dead, please stop these rumour now!

you call always google it
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by mamagee3(f): 9:33pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^I googled it already and there are conflicting reports about his death. . .

I don't know which one to believe.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by r231(m): 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2011
mama-gee:

^^I googled it already and there are conflicting reports about his death. . .

I don't know which one to believe.

the man is dead
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by mamagee3(f): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^How do you know that? angry angry
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by r231(m): 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2011
mama-gee:

^^How do you know that? angry angry

cus Genevieve txt me grin cheesy
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Mrsuccess1: 10:10am On Aug 09, 2011
i hope it is not true.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by LesbianBoy(m): 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2011
sandee575:

Sam Loco, not many find this love on Nairaland. RIP.

I am telling you! he was really loved even ppl i know who dont watch nigerian films knew him and to think i was watching one of the films he featured in (BRAIN BOX with aki and paw paw)only for me to check nairaland and see this thread that he is dead

uncle sam may ur soul rest in peace you really made lots of people happy and i am one of them cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by ifyalways(f): 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2011
Very unfortunate news.Slumped and died . . .sad. sad

Nigerians learn.
Most of us on average spend 2K per weekend on suya ,peppersoup and beer but never have time and money to go for at least a quarterly full body check-up.This idea of visiting hospital only when we are really sick(rushed on a wheelchair,ambulance etc) just have to be discouraged.Early detection and management of certain diseases goes a long way to prolong life and rule out sudden deaths.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by ceasyc(f): 5:13am On Aug 10, 2011
really dead

"President Goodluck Jonathan, Monday, extended his condolences to the family of renowned stage and screen actor, Sam Loco Efe, who passed away yesterday."

damn HE WAS SO GOOD IN D MOVIE ONOME ft uche obi osotule, olu jacobs, etc

RIP
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by mcobinad(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
@naijaspeak

Listen up man. You sound frustrated and pathetic. The Igbo's made Sam Loco Efe what he was , get it?. If he decided to represent the Igbo culture, what the hell is wrong with that? How many Igbo children born in Lagos state represent the east? Alot of Igbo children promote the Yoruba culture rather than their own. It's a fundamental human right, as far as Nigeria is concerned. It's still the same Nigeria that we all represent. Alot of Nigerian kids born in the UK, born to Nigerian parents would rather be called English than Nigerian. Although, this might sound offensive to truly patriotic Nigerian parents but it's their right because they choose to represent the country they were born into. Sam Loco Efe chose to represent the Igbo's because he was born in Enugu State in Nigeria. It's his right to identify with the Igbos. The problem with our people is that they love division. The spirit of hatred for other ethnicities is what governs alot of Nigerians. In the national team as well, the same attitude reigns, everyone wants a bucket loads of players to hail from their state of origin instead of looking into the talent and capacity of the individual in question. This is a big shame. Ok, i admit, our forefathers were racist & tribalistic towards their fellow black brothers from a different ethnic background but this should not apply to the younger generation of today. Come to Europe and see what is happening here. A black man will always remain a black man in the eyes of the white. Whether you hail from Urhobo or the east, you are all the same "Black men in the eyes of the whites".

Even the Caribbeans who tend to feel superior to Africans understood this concept ages ago and they are now identifying with Africans for our common interest. Black people are coming together to promote their culture. I might be Nigerian, but i wholeheartedly promote Africa and not Nigeria alone.  All i can smell in you is pure hatred for the Igbo culture, tribalism at it's climax and jealousy. Probably, this is the reason why my man Sam Loco Efe did not identify with your clan. In my family, we do not entertain such racism or discrimination. We are very open people ready to embrace other cultures. My wife isn't even Nigerian and i don't see a problem with that at all. She is from Mauritius Island a mixture of Guadeloupe a French Caribbean Island. All i see in her is a beautiful mix race black woman and she represents Nigeria to the core because she understands the precept of promoting the African culture. This is 2011, grow up man and seek counselling.

You would have used this login ID : "Urhobospeak" instead of "naijaspeak". Honestly, the likes of you do not do any good to "Nairaland".
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by chichriso: 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2011
May the soul of uncle SAM LOCO  R.I.P.  i believe his death is not ordinary, you know, how can a man that woke and decided to go for his work died in his HOTEL ROOM?
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Orikinla(m): 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2011
Let Uncle Sam Loco rest in peace.

God made him a success even before Nollywood since FESTAC 1977.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Onwuzuligbo Nneka Miriam Who Died Due To Buttocks Enlargement / "I Didn't Say I Was Done" - Omawumi Shares Sultry Photo / Top 10 Eligible Nigerian Celebrity Bachelors (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.