Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) (2048 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / Ghost Terrorizes Family In The United Kingdom (Pictures) / 4 Generations Of A Family In One Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Godoverevery: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
So after reading the thread a lady made saying 100k is too small to run a family....I must confess that one myopic thread I have read in awhile.

(Firstly single guys this a serious warning to you all......make sure you never date/marry a ladies who want things they aren't ready to work for)

Earning 100k in lagos isn't the same as Earning 100k in kwara.....cost of living varies from state to state.

How many people have a job that pays above 150k this days People have different side hustle to support there income.

As a man you must be honest with yourself on how you want to run your family based on your income.

No matter how hard we all hustle people will find themselves in lower class,middle class, upper class financially....this classes are not permanent because alot will happen over the years.

Let me use a state like osun or kwara which I have stayed before as an example with 100k Earning.

Rent (2 bed room) =10- 15k per month that about 120-180 per year depending on area of the state.

Food is very cheap in this states so with 20-25k you can buy foodstuff that will last a month.

Transportation is extremely cheap so 10k is okay a month.....depending on the nature of your job or business.

You can conveniently save15-20k every month.

You are left with 25-30k to spend on emergencies or unforseen expenditures.

In this states you will live comfortably with 100k with your wife if you don't live a luxurious lifestyle.

Guys dont let a confuse human being staying in her parent house who feel every part of Nigeria is lagos discourage you from starting a family.

Once you Earning 80-100k constantly you can start a small family....you just need a partner who can assist with 40-50k you are good to go.

When you start having kids you must have save up to easy things.

Guys if you know your family is dependent on you don't marry a lady from a family who are also not financially buoyant.......save yourself stress and burden.

Most of our parents got married with absolutely nothing but today they have houses and cars through hard work and dedication.

We all have our times in life and we are free to choose whichever type of life we want.

There is no one way to living a good life never forget this.

Nigeria doesn't start and end in lagos,Abuja,pH.......alot of families in Nigeria are earnings of 100k and are doing fine.

7 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Ngenge(m): 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2022
At least 50% of married men in Nigeria do not earn up to 100k

7 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Acidosis(m): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
You guys won't end this 100k matter anytime soon grin

5 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Ovieemmanuel: 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
Acidosis:

no bro some girls need to be thought that life is not what they see in home videos.

3 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by cococandy(f): 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
cheesy Because it’s a sensitive topic. Many people don’t earn 100k and they are being told they can’t marry. E no go end today. cheesy

Acidosis:

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by pocohantas(f): 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2022
cococandy:
cheesy Because it’s a sensitive topic. Many people don’t earn 100k and they are being told they can’t marry. E no go end today. cheesy

At least they have increased it. Shows they are going with the times. As at 2020, it was 30k/50k and “can you marry a man living in this kind of apartment?”

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
Godoverevery:
So after reading the thread a lady made saying 100k is too small to run a family....I must confess that one myopic thread I have read in awhile.

(Firstly single guys this a serious warning to you all......make sure you never date/marry a ladies who want things they aren't ready to work for)

Earning 100k in lagos isn't the same as Earning 100k in kwara.....cost of living varies from state to state.

How many people have a job that pays above 150k this days People have different side hustle to support there income.

As a man you must be honest with yourself on how you want to run your family based on your income.

No matter how hard we all hustle people will find themselves in lower class,middle class, upper class financially....this classes are not permanent because alot will happen over the years.

Let me use a state like osun or kwara which I have stayed before as an example with 100k Earning.

Rent (2 bed room) =10- 15k per month that about 120-180 per year depending on area of the state.

Food is very cheap in this states so with 20-25k you can buy foodstuff that will last a month.

Transportation is extremely cheap so 10k is okay a month.....depending on the nature of your job or business.

You can conveniently save15-20k every month.

You are left with 25-30k to spend on emergencies or unforseen expenditures.

In this states you will live comfortably with 100k with your wife if you don't live a luxurious lifestyle.

Guys dont let a confuse human being staying in her parent house who feel every part of Nigeria is lagos discourage you from starting a family.

Once you Earning 80-100k constantly you can start a small family....you just need a partner who can assist with 40-50k you are good to go.

When you start having kids you must have save up to easy things.

Guys if you know your family is dependent on you don't marry a lady from a family who are also not financially buoyant.......save yourself from lot stress and burden.

Most of our parents got married with absolutely nothing but today they have houses and cars through hard work and dedication.

We all have our times in life and we are free to choose whichever type of life we want.

There is no one way to living a good life never forget this.

Nigeria doesn't state or end in lagos,Abuja,pH.......alot of families are in many states of Nigeria with earnings of 100k and are doing fine.

.... I agree.
Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
pocohantas:

At least they have increased it. Shows they are going with the times. As at 2020, it was 30k/50k. Plus can you marry a man living in this kind of apartment.
.... Hmmm
Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by pocohantas(f): 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
.... Hmmm

I don’t get the noise. Men with 30k sef would marry. If one woman doesn’t want you, I am sure there are thousands that want you.

I would never understand why NL guys go on and on about not being wanted by a few women. I thought they don’t want to marry.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by descarado: 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2022
Where is the thread, I need to laugh cos that lady must have received all the insults in this world cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by descarado: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ngenge:
At least 50% of married men in Nigeria do not earn up to 100k
Are you sure?
Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Mindlog: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2022
cococandy:

But many sing here that they don't want to marry. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by descarado: 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2022
cococandy:

Damn cheesy

It's like squeezing the balls.

In this buhari economy.
It will never be well with that lady cheesy
Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Acidosis(m): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
cococandy:

I understand perfectly well. Everybody will be alright cheesy
Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by cococandy(f): 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
pocohantas:

At least they have increased it. Shows they are going with the times. As at 2020, it was 30k/50k. Plus can you marry a man living in this kind of apartment.
inflation happened cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Acidosis(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ovieemmanuel:
no bro some girls need to be thought that life is not what they see in home videos.

They already know, bro. You can't force anyone to marry a 100k salary earner. Some people are used to a certain standard of life. Others want something better.

6 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by cococandy(f): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
Mindlog:

But many sing here that they don't want to marry. cheesy
right wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by cococandy(f): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
pocohantas:

I don’t get the noise. Men with 30k sef would marry. If one woman doesn’t want you, I am sure there are thousands that want you.

I would never understand why NL gus go on and on about not being wanted by a few women. I thought they don’t want to marry.

They want high maintenance girls on low budget. There are girls who are perfectly okay with 30-40k. But those types of girls don’t get their attention. They are not pretty enough. What they want is a girl who wears 200k hair and 500k purse but completely achievable with 100k salary. The logic is not logicing

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
cococandy:

They want high maintenance girls on low budget. There are girls who are perfectly okay with 30-40k. But those types of girls don’t get their attention. They are not pretty enough. What they want is a girl who wears 200k hair and 500k purse but completely achievable with 100k salary. The logic is not logicing

Hehehe cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by pocohantas(f): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
cococandy:

The matter dey always tire me. Now we all have to gather and convince them we can marry men with 20k sef. Else you are not virtuous, would be used for rituals, remain single until 50yrs or end up with an abusive rich man.

God abeg o!!!

See my man’s house attached. grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by kayperry: 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
cococandy:

Before you clap for yourself, why twist everything ... Men have alway acknowledge shoe get size, a guying earning 100k won't dare walk up to gurlz as rich as toto dikeh to ask for a date no matter the green light
As a fact of fact Men avoid rich ladies the most, but what is peculiar for instance is a situation whereby a gurl wey never work to gather 500k at once in her entire life will claim she is above dating a colleague or suitor earning below certain amount.
Reminds me of how teeboss what bragging men that own private are her rightfull class .. whereas she is not even worth 30m grin
If you know any single lady rich for real, sistas to sistas ask her how many men approach her in a year n get the shock of ur life. Ciao

4 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by KimFab: 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
You're right, to an extent. Everybody cannot be the same.
I know families who earn less than that, and they're living fine and happy.

But it can't be me. I no fit see fire come enter am with my two legs.

Make people wey fit survive with 100k continue. God will see them through. I wish them well.

Those wey dey go Maldives for anniversary and UK for summer holiday no get two heads.

If a lady is comfortable marrying a man who earns 100k so that chicken republic will be looking like luxury to her kids, she should go ahead. More power to her elbow.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Mindlog: 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2022
pocohantas:

The matter dey always tire me. Now we all have to gather and convince them we can marry men with 20k sef. Else you are not virtuous, would be used for rituals, remain single until 50yrs or end up with an abusive rich man.

God abeg o!!!

See my man’s house attached. grin

Your man? cheesy

That is certainly a Kenyan in his bed sitter, preparing what Kenyans call Uji (more like watery pap) or tea which they consume 24hrs a day, see as mugs dey for table, ready for sharing. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by pocohantas(f): 7:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
Mindlog:

Your man? cheesy

That is certainly a Kenyan in his bed sitter, preparing what Kenyans call Uji (more like watery pap) or tea which they consume 24hrs a day, see as mugs dey for table, ready for sharing. cheesy

But my man is Kenyan na. As Nigerian men say them no wan marry, I decided to try a Kenyan man. He is preparing uji for me. grin

8 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Godoverevery: 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
KimFab:
You're right, to an extent. Everybody cannot be the same.
I know families who earn less than that, and they're living fine and happy.

But it can't be me. I no fit see fire come enter am with my two legs.

Make people wey fit survive with 100k continue. God will see them through. I wish them well.

Those wey dey go Maldives for anniversary and UK for summer holiday no get two heads.

If a lady is comfortable marrying a man who earns 100k so that chicken republic will be looking like luxury to her kids, she should go ahead. More power to her elbow.
So a man has be the one to give you that life style you desire What a nice plan.

Rich men marry rich ladies......look around you.

If you have being visiting the UK for summer with your money or parent money then there no issue but if your plans of visiting uk is solely dependent on the man you marry then I must confess there something wrong somewhere.

If all men should stick to standards when it comes to marriage alot of ladies will never ever marry in this country.

How many ladies have make 1 million naira ??

1 Like

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by KimFab: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2022
Godoverevery:

So a man has be the one to give you that life style you desire What a nice plan.

Rich men marry rich ladies......look around you.

If you have being visiting the UK for summer with your money or parents money then there no issue but if your plans to visit uk is solely dependent on the man you marry then I must confess there something wrong somewhere.

If all men should stick to standards when it comes to marriage alot of ladies will never ever marry in this country.

I agree with you.

I'm not broke and I don't intend to marry a man who earns 100k. He will drag me down from level 10 to 1.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Godoverevery: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
KimFab:

I agree with you.

I'm not broke and I don't intend to marry a man who earns 100k. He will drag me down from level 10 to 1.

Where did I say you are broke or force's you to marry a man who earn 100k

Am only saying it makes no sense for anyone to desire a lifestyle you can't earn for yourself.

Even the bible says dependent on any man is vain.

1 Like

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by KimFab: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2022
Godoverevery:

Where did I say you are broke or force's you to marry a man who earn 100k

Am only saying it makes no sense for anyone to desire a lifestyle you can't earn for yourself.

Even the bible says dependent on any man is vain.

You didn't call me broke. My saying I'm not broke only shows I already live in a certain way, enjoy certain luxuries, and would not accept anything below that standard.

And yes, it's totally wrong to expect someone to provide certain things you cannot provide for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Godoverevery: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2022
KimFab:

You didn't call me broke. My saying I'm not broke only shows I already live in a certain way, enjoy certain luxuries, and would not accept anything below that standard.

And yes, it's totally wrong to expect someone to provide certain things you cannot provide for yourself.

Very good...........let everyone stick to there class and not intimidate anyone.

No matter one's level.....there will always be people lower and above you.

That the beauty of life.
Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by pocohantas(f): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2022
You can very well desire a life you can’t earn yourself.

Sexually reckless men desire virgins.
Old men want young women with agbalumo breast. So don’t come here to talk in the nonsense.

The only problem is - DO THESE RICH MEN WANT YOU?

The answer to that is YES. A rich man would very well marry a broke woman. As far as she has the top things men want in women - YOUTHFULNESS, SUBMISSIVENESS and CAREGIVING. Maybe other things he personally desires.

If men hate broke women so much, they won’t be storming Moremi Hall with KFC for 200L girls.

If men hate broke women, the late Ataga wouldn’t leave his executive wife to go get killed by a 300L girl after smoking loud.

It is on this same Nairaland that we all agreed that working women are not marriageable.

Please pick a stand already. Stop changing your arguments all to attack women.

Men would continue to marry these broke women. Logout and face reality or better still, allow these rich men speak. grin

Thank you!

18 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Magnoliaa(f): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
Acidosis:

You know. They will soon overflog it. Almost 3-4 topics back-to-back now.

4 Likes

Re: Earning 100k isn't too small to start a family In Nigeria) by Acidosis(m): 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
Magnoliaa:

You know. They will soon overflog it. Almost 3-4 topics back-to-back now.

4 and counting cheesy

People are going through a whole lot sha. Emotions are high lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fact: Christianity Is Not A Religion / In This Situation, What Will You Do? / Cheapest bed frame And Mattress ,value for your money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.