Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

How I Transitioned Into Tech. - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How I Transitioned Into Tech. (3555 Views)

Quiting My Job To Venture Into Tech At 28 - Advice Needed. / I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? / Must Everybody Go Into Tech Or Learn Coding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by qtguru(m): 10:38am On Sep 06, 2022
jansonn:

my guy!!
i no even send am, he no reach to discourage me.
i dey work on project like this self, and[b] i go still post am for NL, the guy go las las frustrate shaa.[/b]

I respect this violence grin

1 Like

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Maxxim: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
SavageBoy:

Discourage ké

I like the op... op wey dey give them mouthgrin
I just saw his reply cheesy
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Anonime1105(m): 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2022
Omo people dey ooo
Person just dey soo focused on bad belle and bitterness like it's his main hustle, SMH meeeh! undecided
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by MikeyOz: 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2022
AustainoPatrick:
You guys should stop this nonsense, allow someone to make his choice. He did not stop any of you from studying medicine and surgery.

If you think you can do it just like him go write jamb and start med school, that is if you have what it takes.

Medicine is for everybody that has what it takes likewise tech.

Stop being bitter over someone's else achievement.

You people should bring up positive energy here please.

No reason am!
The guy na comedian

1 Like

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Julius209(m): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2022
jansonn:

I started with microverse.org
Just like you now, I stumbled upon it some months back. It kinda orders your learning.
wow!! I just got accepted to the program too.Well done bro
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by AustainoPatrick(m): 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2022
MikeyOz:

No reason am!
The guy na comedian

Tech and medicine is for everyone.

I'm in my 400 level studying medicine and surgery.
I'm still in tech.
Everyone has his/her own goals to achieve.

1 Like

Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Esiman(m): 12:21am On Sep 07, 2022
God will bless you my boss
qtguru:
I will say it again this programming section on NL is a joke, it's full of people tearing each other down. My personal advice , just form your own community and leave this Platform, on reddit they are encouraging others to learn code, but it's here idiots are doing the crab bucket thing.
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Hamzasaid(m): 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2022
ichidodo:
It's crap bro not crab...And you still getting the gist wrong. Tech is unforgiven, it selects a very microscopic few. Check this, Tech is so f**ked up that some people that are coders might not actually be "good" at it, while others have the "gift" but don't even access to computers.... That's how enigmatic tech is, We are all about telling people the cold harsh truth..
yeah, you know what you're spewing grin grin angry
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Ehimzy(m): 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2022
jansonn:

Well, I'm not totally switching just adding a new skill

I'll be graduating as a pharmacist in 3 months and I also want to switch.. can you advise me on what to learn? HTML, CSS, JavaScript or Python? Will any of these be applicable to cloud?
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by TastyFriedPussy: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2022
Ehimzy:

I'll be graduating as a pharmacist in 3 months and I also want to switch.. can you advise me on what to learn? HTML, CSS, JavaScript or Python? Will any of these be applicable to cloud?
Thunder fire and strike you and that your switch dead, rubbish. No be only switch, Na swintch..The time you were going to study that pharmacy, if someone had advised you then to go and study computer science instead, I'm sure you and your parents would have insulted the hell out of the person, saying he/she does not mean well for you. But now you want to switch.. Iffa catch you there, I go beat shege commot for your head. Better face your pharmacy. Idiot tongue see your mouth like python tongue
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Ehimzy(m): 4:27am On Nov 15, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Thunder fire and strike you and that your switch dead, rubbish. No be only switch, Na swintch..The time you were going to study that pharmacy, if someone had advised you then to go and study computer science instead, I'm sure you and your parents would have insulted the hell out of the person, saying he/she does not mean well for you. But now you want to switch.. Iffa catch you there, I go beat shege commot for your head. Better face your pharmacy. Idiot tongue see your mouth like python tongue

Ok, I can recommend some anti-depressants and mood stabilizers as well as a therapist in Lagos to help you since you move mad unprovoked.
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by TastyFriedPussy: 7:13am On Nov 15, 2022
Ehimzy:

Ok, I can recommend some anti-depressants and mood stabilizers as well as a therapist in Lagos to help you since you move mad unprovoked.
Idiot. We all know that most of you that studied that course did not study it because you had passion for the it, Na follow follow mentality, you want to be the apple of your parents eyes, you want to look good in the society by telling people you're a pharmacist, so that mama go dey use you proud sey "heiii, my son is a pharmacist, what about your son" all those nonsense, Na why most of una dey study these courses. But now you never even graduate you want to switch. To programming. But if someone had told you back then to go and study computer science, you and your parents go dey look the person as devil. but now you want to switch, remote work don dey enter your eye, you want to be earning in dollars from home as a tech bro, you want to switch. Once again, Na thunder go fire you and that your switch. Better go and face your pharmacy and I promise you if you eventually switch, you'll not last long in that field, you'll definitely quit in no time when reality begins to set in. Idiot. See your mouth like cloud, python and JavaScript. Mumu. tongue
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by TastyFriedPussy: 7:20am On Nov 15, 2022
AustainoPatrick:

Tech and medicine is for everyone.

I'm in my 400 level studying medicine and surgery.
I'm still in tech.
Everyone has his/her own goals to achieve.
You're not in any tech. Na deceive you just dey deceive yourself. Confusion Na him dey worry you. Keep deceiving yourself you hear.. You're in TECH grin idiot. No face your medicine.
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Tenrack: 7:21am On Nov 15, 2022
qtguru:

I don't know if you're trolling or being serious, the only thing I can assure you, is put this energy to something productive, if not those who you are insulting will be in a bigger position while you focus on negativity. A word is enough for the wise. You've seen threads of people learning in short months and getting something.

At the end of the day, those who are studying are not moved by your statements.

boss man I'm still awaiting your reply please. Good morning
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Ehimzy(m): 8:00am On Nov 15, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Idiot. We all know that most of you that studied that course did not study it because you had passion for the it, Na follow follow mentality, you want to be the apple of your parents eyes, you want to look good in the society by telling people you're a pharmacist, so that mama go dey use you proud sey "heiii, my son is a pharmacist, what about your son" all those nonsense, Na why most of una dey study these courses. But now you never even graduate you want to switch. To programming. But if someone had told you back then to go and study computer science, you and your parents go dey look the person as devil. but now you want to switch, remote work don dey enter your eye, you want to be earning in dollars from home as a tech bro, you want to switch. Once again, Na thunder go fire you and that your switch. Better go and face your pharmacy and I promise you if you eventually switch, you'll not last long in that field, you'll definitely quit in no time when reality begins to set in. Idiot. See your mouth like cloud, python and JavaScript. Mumu. tongue

K
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by qtguru(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2022
Tenrack:
boss man I'm still awaiting your reply please. Good morning

TLDR: Study freecodecamp on HTML/CSS , you should do a lot of internet research also on Youtube, there are courses there.
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by Tenrack: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2022
qtguru:

TLDR: Study freecodecamp on HTML/CSS , you should do a lot of internet research also on Youtube, there are courses there.
okay boss. Thanks. What's TLDR please?
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by qtguru(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2022
Tenrack:
okay boss. Thanks. What's TLDR please?

Sorry wrong choice of word, I meant to use in summary or in short words, it means Too Long Didn't Read i thought it meant in summary. Ignore it.
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by AustainoPatrick(m): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
You're not in any tech. Na deceive you just dey deceive yourself. Confusion Na him dey worry you. Keep deceiving yourself you hear.. You're in TECH grin idiot. No face your medicine.

It's obvious you are bitter and useless
Re: How I Transitioned Into Tech. by patthebulb: 4:02pm On Apr 25
You are not wrong.

On documenting the success stories of our students at The Bulb Fellowship Program, we sat down with David Nnechi, who has transitioned from an E-commerce Analyst to a Product Manager after his fellowship program with us at The Bulb. David’s story inspires and encourages one to stay grounded in the field that resonates with them even when going into tech.

For his motivation to join the fellowship program, David “had a friend that enrolled for fellowship at the Bulb, and he studied DevOps, and after his program, he got an international job. In less than 6 months, he flew out of the country”. David spent some time with him and “noticed that the quality of education he got here was unmatched to anywhere else”.

David stated that he “wanted where he could learn and put what he learns in practice” and this is just one of the perks of the fellowship program at the Bulb. We go beyond traditional teaching and engage our students with hands-on experience on real-life projects, giving them the confidence they need after graduation.

At his previous place of employment as an e-commerce analyst, David noticed that most of the research being done was not affected and a motivation to be able to do research and proffer solutions fuelled his interest in learning Product Management.

David recalls his training experience as “awesome. The quality was good. I was trained under an experienced product manager and as such, I was able to work on real projects and learn on the go”.

Post graduation and now working as a Product Manager for one of the leading tech companies in Lagos. David is very grateful for the fellowship program and reiterates that “If I did not enrol for fellowship at The Bulb, I wouldn’t be able to handle most of the challenges I face every day as a Product Manager, The Bulb prepared me”

Just like David, secure your future. Apply now for the Fellowship Program and take the first step toward your dream career in tech. Also, The Bulb is presently giving 10 million naira in scholarship for fellowship with us and this could be a great opportunity to enrol at a subsidized rate and kickstart your journey. Find out more on thebulb.africa, we can’t wait to meet you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Most Sought After Programming Language? / Is Java The Right Programming Language For Me? / Need School Management Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.