Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Is LPTC A Scam? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is LPTC A Scam? (1358 Views)

Green Africa Airline Ticket Booking Is A Scam / Is My Visa Agent A Scam? / Sisa Travels And Tours - A Scam Agency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is LPTC A Scam? by Daisythof: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2022
amehrada:
LONG POST!!!

Update on my LPTC experience; I found out about them on this thread back in January I think, did my due diligence and liked what they were offering -
1. ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
2. Care Certificate
3. International First aid

I went to their branch office in Benin for further enquiry, met a staff who told me that their previous awarding body was Highfield and they recently switched to ATHE. I asked why the change in awarding body and he mentioned something about delay issues. I went further to ask him how the course is assessed, he said that there’s no exam, just assessments that will be checked if it’s up to standard, for plagiarism and that assessments can always be redone until it fulfills the necessary criteria set in place.

With this in mind, I decided to enroll with them, paid the full amount(350k) upon enrollment and I started the course in February. We started with the care standards and duly got the care certificate. Finished the whole ATHE course and first aid in May and submitted all assessments(6) same month before I went on 150hrs clinical placement. Of all 6 assessments I submitted, I only got feedback for 2 and it was about plagiarism. I redid them and submitted.

Fast forward to July, I got a mail saying that majority of learners won’t be able to achieve the ATHE level 3 diploma due to their assessments not meeting the standard that at this point we have two options. Option 1; transfer of assessments and everything to another awarding body with easier criteria and is less strict - UKQUALS. No need to redo assessments if all 6 for ATHE have been submitted.
Option 2; continue with ATHE and after 3 failure feedback on plagiarism or assessments not meeting standard, you get withdrawn from the course and as such no diploma certificate for you.

Immediately contacted some fellow learners if they had gotten the same mail, they all said yes. Called LPTC Benin office straight up, I mean where’s all this coming. This was not what you people told us before we enrolled, what changed? No reasonable response. Some days later, I got feedback on my other assessments and this time I was told some tasks weren’t up to standard. Na here I take realize say LPTC don play us big big. I didn’t just bother to redo anything.

I took the easy way out, opted for option 1 which is UKQUALS awarding body, a not so popular body, highly unlikely that is regulated by OFQUAL and not sure it is equivalent to NVQ.

They have issued me all certificate and my business with them is done but they are not straightforward. Be careful with them

LPTC PLAYED US!

4 Likes

Re: Is LPTC A Scam? by amehrada: 8:52am On Aug 26, 2022
They are!

They weren’t honest with prospective learners from the get-go, told us what we wanted to hear so we can enroll with them and later came with talks of ‘how majority of learners won’t be able to achieve ATHE due to their educational level and how after 3 assessments failure feedback you get WITHDRAWN from the course’ and also presented a cheaper alternative. After course don finish ooo and I don submit all assessments. Something they never mentioned at the beginning.

This is deceit. This is fraud. This is scam. This is LPTC.

2 Likes

Re: Is LPTC A Scam? by Mamitwins(f): 4:19am On Aug 31, 2022
They are scam ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Is LPTC A Scam? by KangaIye: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2022
Hmmmmm and I almost enroll o, it was when they increase the price from 350k to 450k that was when I step out.

Where I wan see 450k

2 Likes

Re: Is LPTC A Scam? by hordy(m): 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2023
They are not scam, you need meet their assessment criteria to be awarded any of their certificates.
I am student of their branch in Lagos and I have few friends that have done their assessments and have left for UK to use the said certificate for job in some reputable care homes in UK.

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows About Sweden / Does Anyone Knows Whats Happening At Tinapa Please / Cancun, Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.