Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations (49442 Views)

Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) / What You Need To Know About The Lagos Red And Blueline Metro / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by anonimi: 7:02am On Aug 26, 2022
kabasa24:
The problem is that all ur IPOB are coming to Lagos on daily basis abandoning ur region in search of greener pasture in a state built by TINUBU

Are they not part of those who pay the various taxes, rates, levies, etc that form Thiefnuibu's IGR growth that he llots with relish instead of providing governance deliverables?
Are they not part of the workforce for the organisations that generate IGR to Lagos?
Do you understand these things

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by anonimi: 7:05am On Aug 26, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
https://twitter.com/AerialLagos/status/1562872877682409472?t=ImsM16P1QjR6NJjhboW_rw&s=19

Using propaganda to cover up failure and looting by the sick old man who wants to be Emilokan presidnet next year to continue Buhari's eight years of failures and looting at the federal level?
Ko le work.

SB2020:
Interesting facts about Addis Ababa and Lagos light rail projects.

Addis Ababa / Lagos
Cost == $475Million / $1.2Billion
Length == 34km / 27km
Time to Complete == 4years / 7years (projected)
Year Awarded == 2011 / 2008 (Construction began 2010)
Contractor == China Railway Eng. Corp (CREC) /Chinese Civil Eng. Constr. Coy (CCECC)
Population == 5Million / 20Million

Ethiopia has managed to deliver Sub-Saharan Africa’s first modern light rail project which opened in the capital Addis Ababa on Sunday, and in the process, beat Lagos whose own rail project remains four years behind schedule.

Ethiopia’s rail project was delivered on time, despite its being longer than the Lagos – Badagry rail line currently under construction.

Addis Ababa’s two line 34-kilometre system was built by the China Railway Engineering Corporation (CREC) and cost $475m, 85 percent of which has been covered by China’s Exim bank. The Lagos Light Rail Project or Blue on Badagry Expressway, was to have 13 stations from Okokomaiko to Marina via Iddo for a total of 27 kilometres.

The contract was awarded to the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) at the cost of $1.2 billion in 2008, and was to be delivered in 2011. Survey work took one year between August 2009 and August 2010 while construction began July 2010.

The work is being implemented using the public and private partnership (PPP) model, whereby the state builds the infrastructure and the private sector provides the rolling stock and management. However, the project has not worked out according to the plan.
The 2011 deadline was missed, even though the State government got a loan to fund the project.

Source
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/addis-ababa-beats-lagos-to-light-rail-as-construction-delays-mount/

Splashme:
The first civilian governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, on Tuesday, said that the cancellation of the Lagos metroline project in 1985 was a major mistake and disservice to many Nigerians.

Jakande spoke in Lagos during the launch of a book which chronicled his life in politics and journalism.

The book, entitled, ‘Jakande: Leadership in Action’ is written by Dr. Bola Olaosebikan, who told the audience at the event that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), was not responsible for the cancellation of the project.

Jakande said, “Reflecting on the metroline project, I think it is a major disservice to many Nigerians. Imagine how many people would have benefitted. It would have made life easier and changed the face of transport in Lagos. Whoever cancelled it or gave the advice towards its cancellation didn’t do right.”

The former governor asked Nigerians not to vote for unserious leaders in the coming polls, saying the elections presented Nigerians with a good opportunity that should not be squandered.

Expressing the hope that Nigeria would soon overcome its developmental challenges, Jakande said hope would be actualised faster if credible people emerged as leaders in the next dispensation.

He said, “This book comes at a very auspicious time in Nigeria’s history as we need leaders who can act. We need leaders who would not compromise the standards of good governance. God has blessed this nation the most in Africa, although we have not reached where we should be; with the right leaders, Nigeria would overcome its challenges.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/cancelling-metroline-a-major-mistake-jakande/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by Panda7(m): 7:07am On Aug 26, 2022
lagos is still miles ahead while others are busy looting and hoarding their future··.
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by JC2021: 7:20am On Aug 26, 2022
@Lanrelagboi
Thanks for the update. Is the red line a single track or will it also make use of the standard rail track already constructed? I can see 3 tracks, I know 2 tracks are for the Lagos Ibadan train services. Will a single track be enough especially with the level of congestion in Lagos? Please enlighten us further.
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 26, 2022
It’s nice hope it will be used to also deliver food and raw materials too
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by lagosrd: 8:02am On Aug 26, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
God bless Lagos State

This is one of the reason why I don't have much choice but to vote for Tinubu.
PitÕbi is a bloody pathological liar and a failure
SEE HIS LEGACY

Can you show secondary school in Lagos and that of Anambra. Show Lagos airport and that of Anambra too
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by ridbell01(m): 8:10am On Aug 26, 2022
This is a bad news for the YUSLESS people. Their only source of joy is bad news. They will now be comparing this project with the one the Chinese man did in Anambra. ENKR
Eko oni baje

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by hush15: 8:13am On Aug 26, 2022
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/AerialLagos/status/1562872877682409472?t=ImsM16P1QjR6NJjhboW_rw&s=19

Paparazzi for election. Neway, they can stop if they want cos shi shi, dem no get for election day.
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by femicyrus(m): 8:19am On Aug 26, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
God bless Lagos State

SEE HIS LEGACY
Where do you see Skye bank in anambra state?
What they have is polaris bank wey no dey give shishi
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:24am On Aug 26, 2022
Ayodeoba:
you definitely don't know what you talking about, tinubu still the best among the aspirants now if we re to judge base on their past records
That's my personal opinion!

Tinubu can do better than all past presidents b4 him but...
1. am afraid he might have serious health issues which could lead to incapacitation thereby leaving us to our faith with a highly suspicious bh patron/apologist
2. He would probably claim half-to 3/4th of Nigerian assets just has he has done with Lagos
3. he still and always part and parcel of d demonic APC party
4. Muslim/Muslim collabo fears
5. Agberos will rule the affairs of dignified citizens

It's Peter Obi 4 me abeg
cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by Tareq1105: 8:24am On Aug 26, 2022
Izebrain:
Road Project was scrapped in 1985 by Muhammadu Buhari at a loss of more than $78 million, was revived by Governor Bola Tinubu later in the 2000s with the construction set in December 2003, $135 million was part of the wider Lagos Urban Transportation scheme to be implemented by the formed Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) However, it decided to progress with the rail scheme later in 2008, focusing much on the Blue and Red Lines, 2010
Lagos Rail Mass Transit construction was approved to proceed, in 2015 January, LAMATA decided to get Chinese built trains rather than ordering 15 electro-diesel multiple units planned from CNR Dalian with an option for 14 more, 2016
Phase I of the Blue Line from Marina to Mile 2 was set to open in December 2016, the story continues till now, other lines in the Lagos Rail Mass Transit System project include the Green, Yellow, Purple, Brown, Orange, and Red lines

Eko o ni baje lae lae, ile Oodua ko ni baje lae lae.
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by ofwest47(m): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2022
EKO AKETE ILU OGBON
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by Solsix(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2022
drlateef:

President of Biafra!!! Not NIGERIA. We don’t need motivational speakers as leaders. We need leaders who can do, whatever their age.
The pain is much
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by voltront: 8:44am On Aug 26, 2022
Trying to understand these pictures. Was it Tinubu that built LASPOTECH or is he responsible for the renovation of the gate by SKYE bank.
OSUigboFlatHead:
God bless Lagos State

SEE HIS LEGACY
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by Viscuz: 9:05am On Aug 26, 2022
olumide4christ:

You should show us your picture sitting in the 'mansion' in which you are typing from... cheesy cheesy grin

Why would I do that , kidnapping don dey hungry you ?
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by olab059(m): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2022
FILEBE:
Maintenance is key.
Oshodi interchange and bus park come to mind. You need to see how haphazardly bus parks and liter the whole place . It becomes dirty very quickly. The terminal offices aren't even used to its full capacities. Some of the facilities are closed to the public.
Teslim Balogun stadium is just there.
National stadium, national theater.
Lasuth, Luth. These were once a structure to behold but poot maintenance makes it look bad.

With proper maintenance an old building or structure becomes a marvel . We need to start teaching ourselves how to maintain government structures. These structures are ours, we are the government. We always find it easy withiu caution to deface government properties. We need to stop!!!

Orile Badagry road. See how people have already used dirts to block the drainage . Now, the roads are caving in . Eye sore it is. It hurts though

I agree with you, but please remove luth and lasuth....those two places saved my life after I went from one private hospital to another.
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by ba7man(m): 9:14am On Aug 26, 2022
anonimi:

Are they not part of those who pay the various taxes, rates, levies, etc that form Thiefnuibu's IGR growth that he llots with relish instead of providing governance deliverables?
Are they not part of the workforce for the organisations that generate IGR to Lagos?
Do you understand these things
Their southeast needs their IGR more.

They should stay there and pay their IGR there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by ba7man(m): 9:19am On Aug 26, 2022
Lagos is going to eat good for decades to come on these projects.

Thanks to the visionary leadership of Jakande that came up with a masterplan, Tinubu for revisiting, upgrading and implementation of the plan and the successive Governors that followed up on the implementation.

Rather than hate on Lagos, learn from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by olab059(m): 9:21am On Aug 26, 2022
Amalekki:

Don't mind them. Something that Obi can do in just 6 months in Anambra, even Makinde can easily do all these within 3 months in Oyo. Many governors can easily do this across Nigeria in just five weeks but they don't want to be accused of overachievement.

LOL! I see the sarcasm.
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by Allisgud: 9:51am On Aug 26, 2022
They should also focus on mile2 badagry rail,that place need it more importantly than any other place in lagos cos of it's economic value
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by moonbender(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
God bless Lagos State

SEE HIS LEGACY

Gate Renovated by Skye Bank.
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by es144000: 11:06am On Aug 26, 2022
moscobabs:
Lagos is a country on its own .

Eko the heritage of the Yorubas
Thanks to the fact that it was the capital for a long time and the oil money of the south south. that laid a solid foundation
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by ehinmowo: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2022
moscobabs:
Lagos is a country on its own .

Eko the heritage of the Yorubas

This particular rail line is a political gimmicks. I don't just trust this Sanwo-Olu guy. Election don come
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by Basher8583: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
Albert0011:
Nice one..Lagos state government is trying.
But Lagos state needs to be decongested.

The population is increasing too much..i can't even imagine my self staying and working in Lagos.

Na Biafrans dey decongest Lagos oh.
Re: Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations by FILEBE(m): 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
olab059:

I agree with you, but please remove luth and lasuth....those two places saved my life after I went from one private hospital to another.

Yeah. I understand . Yes , I give kudos when good jobs are being done. I salute what the government hospitals do but we just shouldn't relent to make it better especially with constructive criticism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Makes $10,000,000 From Nigeria In Rejected Visa Applications / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? / How Goodluck Jonathan Transformed Nigeria's Airports - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.