Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message (43940 Views)

Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki / The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) / Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Waiting For Traffic Light To Turn Green In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by asomatc(m): 9:58am On Aug 26, 2022
Do you have Toyota Sienna for sale?
Omonieme:
Lol. The Owambe go tire am straight. Even the party jollof wey he no Wan miss no go sweet for him mouth again.
Click my profile make you see that Blue 04 Camry wey I get for sale jare
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Joshlinks: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2022
nlfpmod:
As shared by Twitter user, Yemi Giwa:

I am not sure the 20k is for beating the traffic light because the cameras for such has not yet been installed around alausa. Alausa cameras mostly capture card with expired documents and it will bring the message in form of the person disobeying traffic regulation. So the 20k is possibly for his car expired documents or fake document

https://twitter.com/Babygiwa/status/1562904880745955328?t=xyww6GBNBAC0pwvQ3GvrYQ&s=08
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Aarenaija: 10:03am On Aug 26, 2022
Now we are talking...........that's the way to go grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Christian36: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2022
Tinubu and his boys are desperate in cashing out big in order to use part of the money to service Tinubu's presidential campaign.
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by shiki(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2022
Bro, at least this is true, they can fine you that way so far you register the car here in Lagos
christejames:
And so? Enough with the lies...

When did LASTMA or whichever agency take the data of all motorists in the state undecided undecided

You cannot fool all the people the same time.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by shankie: 10:20am On Aug 26, 2022
christejames:

When did LASTMA or whichever agency take the data of all motorists in the state undecided undecided

U are daft as long as u register ur motor in Lagos state, there is full record of u and ur car, the only thing that may no be correct is ur house address.
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by shankie: 10:23am On Aug 26, 2022
[quote author=Joshlinks post=116073790][/quote] is for traffic light bro, I know someone, that is an offender, he didn't pay the money, but when his paper expires he was ask to go and pay the fine first with accumulated charges
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by NoToPile: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2022
My own question is if your car papers expires are going to be booked automatically or until camera catches your plate number?

If you don't drive your vehicle till the few days after expiry that you renew nko?

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by aspabay(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2022
nasonaso:
Lie

Drive to Alausa and try it.
Oh sorry, you no get car.

I went to renew papers and they said I have a debt of 20k for driving with expired insurance, with pictoral evidence, I just weak.

Lagos is way ahead in Nigeria.
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by almarthins(m): 10:40am On Aug 26, 2022
Omonieme:
Lol. The Owambe go tire am straight. Even the party jollof wey he no Wan miss no go sweet for him mouth again.
Click my profile make you see that Blue 04 Camry wey I get for sale jare

That kind heart breaking message
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by bonnyhope: 10:47am On Aug 26, 2022
Yankiss:
Wow, we are getting there. Digital. So, they tracked him ba. grin Next time he will think twice before beating traffic to a party. The next is to ensure the 20k being paid is not diverted to personal purse. Once the controls are in place like this we are assured of getting better. No need for police chasing traffic offenders all over the place and possibly constituting a menace or causing accidents.

Gbam!!

I will not be sad if I am billed for my mistake and it goes to govt account.

the most annoying thing is those touts that called themselves Lasma officers harassing and delaying people on the roads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by bonnyhope: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2022
christejames:

Remember that your plate number is linked with your mobile number when registering the vehicle

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by profeoo(m): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2022
I have gotten 20k fine twice.
One time for roadworthiness certificate that expired barely 2weeks. The second was early this month.

It's your plate number that the camera picks and if you have any expired paper, you're in trouble.

[/quote]
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by jaxxy(m): 10:54am On Aug 26, 2022
fair enough. lol
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by savysu: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2022
christejames:

Do you own a car in lagos?
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by BluntCrazeMan: 11:08am On Aug 26, 2022
nlfpmod:
As shared by Twitter user, Yemi Giwa:

https://twitter.com/Babygiwa/status/1562904880745955328?t=xyww6GBNBAC0pwvQ3GvrYQ&s=08
Like,, how did they get to know his phone-number??
Have they started to successfully apply the synchronisation of NIN and phone-numbers, and vehicle numbers, and Driving Licenses, and all other documents that require the NIN and/or Phone Numbers??
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Joe4real1988(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2022
anonimi:

How is your tingod Thiefnuibu having sense, if all he does is steal instead of employing workers to do everything that Jakande achieved with far less money in just four years?
What is the rational for that please

Them mumu Wella na. To them, the current governor doesn't have vision. Any height achieved by the present Lagos governor or future governor is not their achievement but by that old crook that couldn't achieve it during his tenure despite the fact that Lagos state was opened by Federal govt. Yeye yoots

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by anonimi: 11:23am On Aug 26, 2022
Joe4real1988:
Them mumu Wella na. To them, the current governor don't have vision. Any height achieved by the present Lagos governor or future governor is not their achievement but by that old crook that couldn't achieve it during his tenure despite the fact that Lagos state was opened by Federal govt. Yeye yoots

Yeye yoots following a sick old man who deprives them of their past, present and future by his a-looter ways.
How do we redeem them from such Stockholm syndrome affliction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Echoban: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2022
christejames:

Modified: grin grin grin

Abeg guys take it easy on me, ejoor!

U think ure in ur village bah

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by iyenebari(m): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2022
Alright
Canon Rebel T1i
Camera features
ISO 100 to 3200
1080p30 video recording
Focus modes AI Focus, One-Shot, AI Servo, Live View with built-in flash
With 28-80mm lens

Other packages includes
Weifeng Tripod
Panasonic Microphone and it kits
Extension Camera Lighting system
58mm camera filters kit
Camera Battery and Charger
Camera body cap and lens (front & back)cap
Canon camera bag

Price N150,000

All in good working condition, no damage
Price is negotiable. Location ph
You can WhatsApp me on 0 8 0 7 9 7 9 5 1 1 0.

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Elporo(m): 11:34am On Aug 26, 2022
christejames:

Be careful, Nairaland is not Twitter.
On Nairaland, you are encouraged to "THINK".
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by slimmoney(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2022
brother wey no get sense
Grace045:
They seriously needed money to fund their imaginary campaigns, so am not surprised even if they sent him 50k, agbados urchins are looking for funds to use for their drugs baron shaking master's in just many ways

1 Like

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by liasmiram2567: 11:47am On Aug 26, 2022
Grace045:
They seriously needed money to fund their imaginary campaigns, so am not surprised even if they sent him 50k, agbados urchins are looking for funds to use for their drugs baron shaking master's in just many ways

Sugomus ironmus
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by webizone(m): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2022
Dshocker:
I think Nigeria is improving gradually, because i believe the camera on the road must have captured his number plate and from there, they ran his license and got his information.

Really? Improving? Only when it's an avenue to tax citizens and extract more money, that's the side that will improve. But, never anything that will better their lives. Nobody gets paid but government.
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Kehinderichard(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2022
How come those lawless danfos drivers dont receive such messages.
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Slymonster(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2022
NoToPile:
My own question is if your car papers expires are going to be booked automatically or until camera catches your plate number?

If you don't drive your vehicle till the few days after expiry that you renew nko?

Only when the camera captures it.
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Horus(m): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2022
The Lagos State Government has launched PayVIS, a number plate detection platform that captures vehicle offenders when
they violate traffic laws and then bills them

Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by NoToPile: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
Slymonster:

Only when the camera captures it.

Okay thanks
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by Horus(m): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2022
No matter the state, it’s crucial to obey traffic laws
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by miqos02(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
damiloladuke:

You were not a victim, you were an offender... grin grin grin
in your view .
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by kay1one(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2022
rusher14:

I have a masters degree from UK.

Obi is a third class graduate.

Most institutions would not admit him for a direct masters degree.

He can try a Postgraduate diploma programme.

Ok.

https://thesourceng.com/peter-obi-has-a-2nd-class-not-a-third-class-aide-the-source/
Re: Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message by ezebunafo(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
christejames:

Modified: grin grin grin

Abeg guys take it easy on me, ejoor!

https://headlinenews.news/breaking-lagos-introduces-the-intelligent-transport-solution-its-on-roads-photo/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghastly Auto Crash Close To Obalende, Lagos / 5 Nigerian Traditional Rulers You Should Meet When You Travel... / Obituary Of A Family Killed In Accident In Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.