Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,118 members, 7,835,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? (1116 Views)

Wike's Men march Against Governor Fubara, Visit Assembly Quarters / Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles / Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Penguin2: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
A certain post about Wike’s men preferring to work for Tinubu than Peter Obi was pushed to front page earlier in the day and I couldn’t help but cringe at such falsehood.

I would liken the report to the report that was once made of how Soludo said Peter Obi and Labour Party will Labour in vain. From the headline of that news, I, and most people who understand the dynamics on ground, knew it was practically impossible for Soludo to make such statement. That post was hurriedly pushed to front page despite us calling the attention of Nairalanders that the news is false because Soludo will never make such statement.

But what happened? Post had barely stayed an hour on front page when Soludo’s rebuttal came in that he never made such statement. Soludo knows that such utterance will automatically sign and seal his political future in Anambra to the negative.

Now, the post in the morning came in, about some Wike’s men preferring to work for Tinubu because he has ‘structure’ and because of ‘competence’.

I want to state categorically, albeit not authoritatively, that that news is false; fake news. I’m trying to wrap my head on who in Wike’s camp that would prefer Tinubu over Obi.

Who in Wike’s camp prefers Tinubu?

Let’s list them for a clearer review. Wike, Seyi Makinde, Ortom, Ikpeazu, Donald Duke, Mimiko, Fayose, etc. Now, who amongst these men would prefer Tinubu?

Is it Wike who knows that Rivers people will never vote Tinubu even if he shares 1million naira to each of them?

Or Is it Ortom whose people APC led FG has supervised their massacre? You mean he would go home and tell Benue people to vote APC? What did Tinubu say or do in their years of peril?

Is it Okezie Ikpeazu whose Abia State is the hotbed of restiveness that will go home and tell Abia people to vote Tinubu over Obi? Are you kidding right now?

Or is it Donald Duke who has not hidden his disdain for Atiku for his old age that will now turn around to support Tinubu whose age is not any different?

That leaves us with Makinde, Fayose and Mimiko. I’ve heard Tinubu helped Mimiko to power when he won the governorship. Would Mimiko wanna pay Tinubu back? Fayose seems to prefer his fellow Omoluabi over Omo Igbo, while Makinde might not want to ruffle feathers of some Yoruba traditional establishment in Oyo who are likely queuing behind Tinubu. But are they the people who want to work for Tinubu?

Don’t forget that Fayose’s younger brother just donated his hotel to Peter Obi. If that doesn’t give you a pointer to where Ayo Fayose stands, I wonder what would.

So, my conclusion is that that news is a figment of the imagination of the writer or at best, a Yoruba man, sympathetic to Tinubu’s ambition, in Wike’s camp granted the interview which I can tell you for certain does not represent the view of the majority in Wike’s camp.

Wike and his men will not work for Tinubu.

16 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by God1000(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
It's all canard

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by todaynewsreview: 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2022
Fake News as usual. Obi we know.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by derecho(m): 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
You suppose know the handiwork of Tinubu slaves na
No be so Femi Gbajabiamila go talk wetin OBJ no talk.
Anytime I see APC news,I remember Lai Mohammed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Amumaigwe: 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
Penguin2:
A certain post about Wike’s men preferring to work for Tinubu than Peter Obi was pushed to front page earlier in the day and I couldn’t help but cringe at such falsehood.

I would liken the report to the report that was once made of how Soludo said Peter Obi and Labour Party will Labour in vain. From the headline of that news, I, and most people who understand the dynamics on ground, knew it was practically impossible for Soludo to make such statement. That post was hurriedly pushed to front page despite us calling the attention of Nairalanders that the news is false because Soludo will never make such statement.

But what happened? Post had barely stayed an hour on front page before Soludo’s rebuttal came in that he never made such statement. Soludo knows that such utterance will automatically sign and seal his political future in Anambra to the negative.

Now, the post in the morning came in, about some Wike’s men preferring to work for Tinubu because he has ‘structure’ and because of ‘competence’.

I want to state categorically, albeit not authoritatively, that that news is false; fake news. I’m trying to wrap my head on who in Wike’s camp that would prefer Tinubu over Obi.

Let’s list them for a clearer review. Wike, Seyi Makinde, Ortom, Ikpeazu, Donald Duke, Mimiko, Fayose, etc. Now, who amongst these men would prefer Tinubu?

Is it Wike who knows that Rivers people will never vote Tinubu even if he shares 1million naira to each of them?

Is it Ortom whose people APC led FG has supervised the massacre of his people? You mean he would go home and tell Benue people to vote APC? What did say or do in their years of peril?

Is it Okezie Ikpeazu whose Abia State is the hotbed of restiveness that will go home and tell Abia people to vote Tinubu over Obi? Are you kidding right now?

Or is it Donald Duke who has not hidden his disdain for Atiku for his old age that will now turn around to support Tinubu whose age is not any different?

That leaves us with Makinde, Fayose and Mimiko. I’ve heard Tinubu helped Mimiko to power when he won the governorship. Fayose seems to prefer his fellow Omoluabi over Omo Igbo, while Makinde might not want to ruffle feathers of some Yoruba traditional establishment in Oyo who are likely queuing behind Tinubu. But are they the people who want to work for Tinubu?

Don’t forget that Fayose’s younger brother just donated his hotel to Peter Obi. If that doesn’t give you a pointer to where Ayo Fayose stands, I wonder what would.

So, my conclusion is that that news is was a figment of the imagination of the writer or at best, a Yoruba man in Wike’s camp granted the interview which I can tell you for certain does not represent the view of the majority in Wike’s camp.

An incisive analysis. Well done sir.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Akurakambe(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
Don't mind them. Wike body language is tilting towards LabourParty and Peter Obi. Go and listen to his press briefing today in company of Ortom and Ikpeazu on arrival from the UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by 55truth: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2022
Season of propaganda
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Bravetunde: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2022
Mynd44,suen, lasticlala ishillove, Dominique.
These deserve front page.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Penguin2: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2022
Amumaigwe:

An incisive analysis. Well done sir.

Good to see you found it sensible.
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2022
You're stating categorically but not authoritatively that the news is fake. As a neutral person, how do I believe you who has made a categorical statement which is not authoritative that what you say isn't fake? Do you know the minds of these people?

These guys are presently in London, discussing post election cabinet distribution and you're here fighting for them. No politician can be trusted, I've said this countless times.
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by John4B: 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
It is obvious that the only campaign slogan by the APC and BAT's campaign team has been:
1. Peter Obi's Lies Bursted
2. Peter Obi's supporters are IPOB nembers".
3. Peter Obi is an online phenomenon.
4. Labour Party is a structureless party

In reality, the APC and Tinubu have created no content to campaign with towards 2023 Elections except 'Emilokan' to 'Olule'. The BAT team have nothing else to say and are fast going down the political drain to be out. Emilokan is fast turning to Olulè!

Why Is APC Not Concerned About Other Contestants?
They are not talking about Sowore that has contested for President over 3 times. They are not talking about Atiku that has contested over 5 times. They have been fixated on Peter Obi as though they are really scared of Peter Obi now.

In politics, you only attack your major opponent. This is why the APC has given little jibes on Atiku and none to Kwankwaso and other Presidential contestants. Their major focus of attack has been Peter Obi and the Labour party which says a lot.

It is noticed that they keep spewing blackmail and division, while Peter Obi is increasing in popularity in leaps and bound. The SE is in the cart, same as the SS. The NC has been added. The majority of SW Christian votes are already with Peter Obi.

The results from Lagos State may be a shocker to Tinubu and the APC. Even the henchmen of BAT like Mc Oluomo cannot help help him this time, there are no ballot boxes to snatch. Infact, once you snatch the ballot box or cause problems; the polling unit is in jeopardy, which will be detrimental to the few votes that Tinubu would have gotten there. However, Nigerians are also ready. Everyone can now afford hidden body cameras, so even the results from Lagos State may likely put Tinubu and APC out of the contest.

Social Media Impact
You will hear them tell you that Peter Obi can only win on Twitter. However In 2014, the APC used the Social Media, Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and others to defeat the PDP. At that time Nigerians on Social were not up to 25% of the voting population. In 2022, when the users of social media have tripled, they are now telling Nigerians that social media is no longer relevant. Who is fooling who? If in 2014 and 2019 Social Media was relevant to defeating PDP, how come it is no longer important according to them? The answer is simple. They have lost control of the Social Media platform to Peter Obi's Obidient movement. Peter Obi now controls about 70% of most SM platforms. We are moving to completely annihilate them on SM. The only few platform they still have a voice are places like Nairaland and some newspapers owned by Tinubu, where they can spew tribalistic vernoms.

Obi and Labour Party New Focus Areas
Peter Obi is now going to focus on Northern Christians who are already against APC. This is the place for full blown campaigns. Southern Kaduna, Bauchi State's Tafawa Balewa, Bogoro, Azare, and all Christians the politicians call minorities in Gombe State, Kebbi State, Sokoto State etc are coming out to vote for Peter Obi.

In Borno State, about 35% of the population are Christians. Added to about 20% who seek good governance. All we need is 25%. Even though Bornu is Shettima's home state, Peter Obi is sure to participate in sharing the votes in Bornu State with Shettima and Atiku. You do not expect Christians who suffer discrimination in Chibok and environs to vote for another Muslim, especially Shettima. Go to Potiskum, go to the hinterlands of Adamawa, Obi is their favourite Presidential candidate.

The Kano State they are talking about has over 500,000 Igbos living there and other indigenous Christians from Kano State. Same as Katsina, Zamfara Sokoto. Who do you think they are voting for? In Sokoto, no genuine Christian will vote APC, same as in Niger State and Nasarawa State. Where is Peter Obi not getting votes of at least 25% in the North? May be Jigawa and Katsina States.

The noise making Mallam El Rufai of Kaduna has gone into hibernation after his 2 million man march statement on Peter Obi backfired and has now snowballed into 2 million. Wait for tomorrow to see how far.

Governor Wike Is Their New God of Hope
Please, leave those whose hope for 2023 is on Wike, the man is just catching cruise. The same Wike they hated for 8 yrs, calling him names and accusing him of Christianization of Rivers state, is now their lord and saviour.

We do not put our hope in man. Our hope is in God Almighty. On February 25, 2023, Wike cannot even coerce his personal ADC nor his cooks to vote for anybody. If he is sharing money, we trust our brothers and sisters, they did it in Osun. Collect the money, N10k, N20k but vote for your candidate.

The new electoral act has rendered rigging at collation centres irrelevant. That was where these governors had power. Now that is gone. Thugs are as useless as used sanitary pads. If you cause problems, the results are cancelled which may lead to rerun. Wike can only influence his employees up to the time they leave home to vote. He cannot control who those people vote for.
Moereover, Tinubu may end up creating more trouble for himself with his romance with Wike. It is no gainsaying the fact the the North has no love for Wike. Same thing with Amaechi. If Omehia, Okpala, Dagogo-Jack, Secondus and Amaechi come together, Wike will be useless.

NB:
Watch out for those who only read headlines to start making mockery, posting rubbish, abusive languages etc. They are more of Tinubu's APC supporters and online urchins. APC used social media to win the PDP in 2015, but want to deceive themselves and some Nigerians that SM is not relevant again.
It is therefore important for the Nigerian masses to keep up the heat for LABOUR PARTY to win the 2023 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Millimann: 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
Nice analysis OP.

Thank God for social media. It's no longer business as usual when they controlled the media. Now, their lies are busted back to back.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
Of course mynd44 pushed it to frontpage, expect their fake disgusting fact check soo
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Splendid235: 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
Some people can write ooo.Analytical and succinct are what I have read here.Penguin and John 4B una too much.Keep up the good work.aluta continue,victory aceta.
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by PenSniper: 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
They are the wise men who know better than noisemakers.
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Penguin2: 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
Splendid235:
Some people can write ooo.Analytical and succinct are what I have read here.Penguin and John 4B una too much.Keep up the good work.aluta continue,victory aceta.

Thank you comrade!

Nigeria must be rescued.
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Penguin2: 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2022
Millimann:
Nice analysis OP.

Thank God for social media. It's no longer business as usual when they controlled the media. Now, their lies are busted back to back.

Back then they used their media houses/platforms to spread falsehood against Igbos and even Hausas.

It was with their press that caused the enmity, real or imagined, between the East and the North while projecting themselves as the best people.

The amount of their lies that are bursted these days should make you wonder what volume of lies they told in the past that were never bursted.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by IamAtikulate: 7:54pm On Aug 26, 2022
Penguin2:

But what happened? Post had barely stayed an hour on front page when Soludo’s rebuttal came in that he never made such statement. Soludo knows that such utterance will automatically sign and seal his political future in Anambra to the negative.

Or Is it Ortom whose people APC led FG has supervised their massacre? You mean he would go home and tell Benue people to vote APC? What did Tinubu say or do in their years of peril?

That leaves us with Makinde, Fayose and Mimiko. I’ve heard Tinubu helped Mimiko to power when he won the governorship. Would Mimiko wanna pay Tinubu back? Fayose seems to prefer his fellow Omoluabi over Omo Igbo, while Makinde might not want to ruffle feathers of some Yoruba traditional establishment in Oyo who are likely queuing behind Tinubu. But are they the people who want to work for Tinubu?

So, my conclusion is that that news is a figment of the imagination of the writer or at best, a Yoruba man, sympathetic to Tinubu’s ambition, in Wike’s camp granted the interview which I can tell you for certain does not represent the view of the majority in Wike’s camp.

Small secret you no gree keep.

You for allow them to deceive themselves finish. Agbado people released the news to console their urchins after picture of OBJ, Obi and Wike camp emerged.

I even asked one fool to explain how Ikpeazu will go to Abia and convince them to vote a Moslem Moslem ticket and they will sheepishly do that.

Take it or leave, Wike's end will come the moment he declare support for a Moslem Moslem ticket.

Tomorrow na Saturday, in few hours urchins will confirm the PH pressure when OBIdients shut down the city.
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by mycar: 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
APC is a sinking ship
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
ok o
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by Penguin2: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
IamAtikulate:

Small secret you no gree keep.

You for allow them to deceive themselves finish. Agbado people released the news to console their urchins after picture of OBJ, Obi and Wike camp emerged.

I even asked one fool to explain how Ikpeazu will go to Abia and convince them to vote a Moslem Moslem ticket and they will sheepishly do that.

Take it or leave, Wike's end will come the moment he declare support for a Moslem Moslem ticket.

Tomorrow na Saturday, in few hours urchins will confirm the PH pressure when OBIdients shut down the city.

Lol!

You know most times when I say that Wike’s sojourn into political oblivion will begin the day he decides to support Tinubu and Tinubu BATstards will come here to argue with me. I have decided to always allow them dwell in their stupidity.

But they should question the political relevance of Southsouth and Southeast politicians who defected to APC in 2015.

Amaechi

Akpabio

Okorocha

Ngige

Umahi

Uzodimma

Andy Uba

Ayade

Orji Uzor Kalu

Name them…

What is their relevance today in Southeast politics and how much of Southeast and Southsouth masses can they influence?

Wike can try if he dares.
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by XerXers: 8:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
Rivers is a Christian state ..... Wike
Someone that made this statement can never support Muslim-Muslim ticket
Re: Who Are The Wike’s Men That Preferred Tinubu To Peter Obi? by n0ble(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
Supervisor and sales rep needed urgently in a beverage distributing company. Salary 60k for manager 40k for sales rep location benin City ugbowo
If interested call 0810 920 7108

(1) (Reply)

Troops Stumble On Chained Hostages [photos] / Mixed Reactions As APC Shows 2ND Niger Bridge Street Lights / Davido Attends Swearing-in Ceremony Of Sen. Adeleke As Osun Governor (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.