Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence (344 Views)

I Deliberately Wore Sneakers To NBA Conference - Kashim Shettima (video) / Court Orders Substituted Service Of Disqualification Suit On Ize-iyamu / Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence by ArewaNorth: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
Senator Kashim Shettima, Vice-Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has broken his silence on the controversy which trailed his dressing to the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) conference in Lagos on Monday.

Shettima, who stood in for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the ruling party, became a social media sensation after one of his pictures at the conference went viral.

Social media users had accused the former Governor of Borno State of fashion error, picking many holes in his dressing.

The criticism took another dimension when different persons, including celebrities like Charly Boy, mocked the politician with #ShettimaChallenge, which had several pictures of those reproducing what could be described as the senator’s dressing but in a comic manner.

But speaking on the incident for the first time since it happened, Shettima said he deliberately wore the sneakers.

He also alleged that a Presidential Candidate, whose identity he did not disclose, plotted mischief ahead of the event.

In a video, Shettima said, “I was in Lagos for the NBA conference. The conference held in Eko Hotels. It was largely funded by the Lagos State Government, the APC government of Lagos State. Subsequently, they moved to Eko Atlantic City, a product of an idea conceived by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

“When I sent my recce team, it was learnt that one of the presidential candidates’ team held meetings for three consecutive nights to commit mischief. I was told it was a hostile crowd… I’m a banker, trained by one of the best bankers in the world. I’m a Jim Ovia boy. I deliberately wore sneakers to the NBA to swam at them.”

https://dailytrust.com/nba-conference-saga-why-i-wore-sneakers-on-suit-shettima-breaks-silence

1 Like

Re: NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence by ElSudani: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
He is more intelligent than them. The sunken chair provided for him was probably planned as well.

And the "learned" folks ended up trashing the venue like some street miscreants.
Tinubu is not your mate.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence by nyiamfrank: 6:08pm On Aug 26, 2022
Recall Shettima's link with boko haram (western education and culture is forbidden).

Each time the Taliban or boko haram wants to mock the western culture, they dressed with oversized suite make themselves look absurd all to mock the west.

We know as a core jihadist his dressing was deliberately worn as he said.

The don't trust Tinubu to the Islamist bidding that is why a boko haram was forced on him as vice.

Should Tinubu win, Fulani agenda. Should atiku win, same agenda. Remember when a northern elder came on TV and said "we must rule Nigeria the way we have ruled Nigeria before, whether as president or as vice President".

Why do you think atiku had such balls against Obasanjo that year?

See how they don't care about education. Every Nigerian youth and children should become alamajiri.

Vote Labour Party. Vote Peter Obi for a better stable Nigeria
Re: NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence by derecho(m): 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
Kikikiki...wetin thief mama wan talk we go suweet for her mouth?
Zonal banker wan do attaché with Jim ovia
Re: NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence by OkutaNla: 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
“When I sent my recce team, it was learnt that one of the presidential candidates’ team held meetings for three consecutive nights to commit mischief. I was told it was a hostile crowd… I’m a banker, trained by one of the best bankers in the world. I’m a Jim Ovia boy. I deliberately wore sneakers to the NBA to swam at them.”

We all know the candidate he was referring to. But unfortunately for them their plans backfired. Sotay they turned the whole event upside down.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence by John4B: 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
Mtchewww! Not making sense.

1 Like

Re: NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence by ElSudani: 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
OkutaNla:

We all know the candidate he was referring to. But unfortunately for them their plans backfired. Sotay they turned the whole event upside down.

He was referring to Obi obviously. Shettima stole the show and they got mad and trashed the venue.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Conference Saga: ‘why I Wore Suit On Sneakers’, Shettima Breaks Silence by gevans(m): 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
ArewaNorth:
Senator Kashim Shettima, Vice-Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has broken his silence on the controversy which trailed his dressing to the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) conference in Lagos on Monday.

Shettima, who stood in for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Presidential Candidate of the ruling party, became a social media sensation after one of his pictures at the conference went viral.

Social media users had accused the former Governor of Borno State of fashion error, picking many holes in his dressing.

The criticism took another dimension when different persons, including celebrities like Charly Boy, mocked the politician with #ShettimaChallenge, which had several pictures of those reproducing what could be described as the senator’s dressing but in a comic manner.

But speaking on the incident for the first time since it happened, Shettima said he deliberately wore the sneakers.

He also alleged that a Presidential Candidate, whose identity he did not disclose, plotted mischief ahead of the event.

In a video, Shettima said, “I was in Lagos for the NBA conference. The conference held in Eko Hotels. It was largely funded by the Lagos State Government, the APC government of Lagos State. Subsequently, they moved to Eko Atlantic City, a product of an idea conceived by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

https://dailytrust.com/nba-conference-saga-why-i-wore-sneakers-on-suit-shettima-breaks-silence
Following

(1) (Reply)

2023: David Hundeyin Exposes Keyamo, Apc’s Alleged Fake News Mill / PDP Crisis: Something Will Happen Soon, Says Wike / Tell The Audaciously Flippant Uju Anya Britain Also Colonized America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.