Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike (30256 Views)

2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency / Obasanjo, Atiku, Gowon, Saraki, Dogara, Abdulsalami At Jonathan’s Book Launch / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:15am On Aug 27, 2022
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has explained why he met with Peoples Democratic Party presidential (PDP) candidate, Atiku Abubakar, All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, Mr Peter Obi, Labour Party presidential (LP) candidate and former president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo, in London.

Wike said he and his team met with the Nigerian leaders in London on Thursday to discuss how to make Nigeria better than what it is currently, adding that they are consulting widely with those who mean well for the country.

He spoke when he interacted with journalists at the Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa in Ikwerre Local Government Area, shortly after arrival from London on Friday.

Wike was in the company of the governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom and his Abia State counterpart, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu.

“I can confirm that this is the first time as a team that we are meeting with presidential candidates,” Wike said.

“We met with the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC and we met with our leader, former president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo.

“We met the presidential candidate of the Labour Party. We also met with our presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar. For whatever it is worth, consultation is ongoing.

“Whatever we’re talking about, is for the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians. It’s not parochial and tied to one person or group of persons.

“We believe that with what is going on, it will be for the interest of Nigerians at the end of the day.”

He added, “Consultation is still ongoing. Never mind some people who do not believe in the existence of this country.

“Leadership isn’t about you and your family. Leadership is about everybody. It is unfortunate that we are in a country now where a man finishes eight years as a governor and brings his own son as a governor too and as a member of the National Assembly.

“It is only in this part of the world that you can see that when we are talking about poverty everywhere. These are people who don’t mean well for Nigeria.” smiley
SOURCE: https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/26/2023-real-reason-i-met-with-obasanjo-atiku-tinubu-obi-in-london-wike/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Chinjo2: 3:05am On Aug 27, 2022
Wike is a wise politician. Those advising him to decamp are only seeking his downfall because they see him as too powerful. Once he decamps, they will humiliate him and make him politically irrelevant just as they have done to Godswill Akpabio.

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Pwettylinda(f): 3:08am On Aug 27, 2022
Voting for Tinubu is another disaster
Nigerians make ona get sense for ones na undecided

Let's not repeat this Buhari kind of error again, we told you guys 8 years ago ona no listen how far today??

Tinubu is terminally sick and needs the support of two or more people to even raise hands up.

Forget all the APC propaganda.

Tinubu is aged and sick and not fit for presidency.

There is no my turn on the Nigerian constitution.

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by kenechukwuj(m): 3:48am On Aug 27, 2022
I know that the meeting was in Obi's favor.

Peter G. Obi, the next president of Nigeria come 2023

149 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by xpressionx(m): 3:55am On Aug 27, 2022
The youth and the intellectuals have decided, it's either you align with us or you have yourself to blame 2023

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 4:27am On Aug 27, 2022
every political meeting will turnout for obi good in JESUS NAME amen.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Creamypie(m): 4:33am On Aug 27, 2022
Useless politicians, Una commot from where Una dey rule, go do meeting for place wey another government make Beautiful, sane, and working, to hold meeting, animals. When affairs dont favour them, they become emergency freedom fighters,even most useless wife of wike,ikpeazu, becoming a freedom fighter of masses. Its for your interests, not your love for me. Even as a southerner and deltan, I no send any of Una, whether obi of l.p, PDP, or APC. Only fools send all u guys. For Those supporting obi, e just dey use media mock humility to gain political sentiments and for you to be emotionally connected to his ambitions. Once he becomes president, na his family, close associate go benefit, not you.... I repeat, NOT YOU .This last statement applies to all aspirants in nigeria.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Alwaysready(m): 4:53am On Aug 27, 2022
Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Zetty177x: 4:53am On Aug 27, 2022
Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Alwaysready(m): 4:53am On Aug 27, 2022
A new Nigeria is possible.

I have this feeling in me everything will be okay if we choose a good leader.

Kindly visit my signature & Patronise me today...fast transaction 24/7.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by IboHausaYoruba: 4:54am On Aug 27, 2022
Your excellency sir, you don't have to explain anything to anybody, let those who want to fabricate any reason go ahead. You have tried your best for PDP and history will forever be on your side as one of the thoroughbred politicians in modern Nigeria. You singlehandedly revived a dying party even when the likes of Saraki, Dino, Atiku and all the rest were junketting around. You spent your personal moneys and sweat but PDP decide to pay you back in bad coin. You have the right to support any candidate of your choice, you have the right as a citizen.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by madridguy(m): 4:54am On Aug 27, 2022
Wike mind is doing him go or stay cheesy He should enjoy himself but he also need to learn from the likes of Saraki, Dino, Kwakwanso Shehu Sanni and others forming big boys before 2019 kiss But today where are dey?

Wike should thread carefully so he won't make the greatest miscalculation in his political career.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Fuckyoumod: 4:55am On Aug 27, 2022
Hmmmm... Buhari will handle security and Osibanjo will handle economy, we all know where it landed us.

The evil APC have started again.
Mad people!!!

Now it's the opposite, Tinubu will handle economy with his shaking hands and legs, while Shetima a Boko Haram commander will handle security. Lol....

So why did Tinubu not help Osibanjo the man he nominated economically?
Why wait till 2023?

Nigerians over to you, the power is now in your hands, if una like, make una mumu again, Suffer go kill una for this country!

Vote wisely!

25 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by God1000(m): 4:55am On Aug 27, 2022
APC is eagerly waiting for Wike to join them, but that will be a big mistake

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by flejnr2(f): 4:55am On Aug 27, 2022
Wike is obidient

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Omonieme: 4:56am On Aug 27, 2022
Mtcheew. Subtle dig at Lamido.... That one nor bad. But does Wike really expect us to believe this thing he's saying about the motive of the meetings? How can you say you're holding a meeting on how to move the country forward with Okezie Ikpeazu and Samuel Ortom in attendance? Like how? Those people look like people who wants to move anything apart from their bank accounts forward? People wey never move their state forward by even one step in almost 8 years Wan move Nigeria forward. Lol. Reminds me of Fela's song say animal Wan give us human rights.
Like, there's no place in the entire country that this meeting can be held na. You have to travel to far away London wasting scarce resources to hold a meeting on moving Nigeria forward. When London turn part of Nigeria? Even Obi who they say is different joined in this show of shame... Just goes to show that all of them are the same.
Dear Oga Wike, you and some other governors left the states where you are supposed to be governing, embarked on an egotistical trip out of the country to negotiate how you'll benefit and remain relevant after your 8 years in office. No dey give us Lamba wey even u no believe.
Well, unlike Wike, I no dey give Lamba. I Wan sell my 04 Toyota Camry. First Body, Chilling Ac, reverse camera, power steering, infact, everything dey work perfectly. Beyond that, I've got some amazing auto deals on my profile. Just click on it and check them out. And if what you seek ain't there, send me a DM. I go get wetin you want for you

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Barrylord4040: 4:57am On Aug 27, 2022
The three powerful contestants to the nation's highest office are Asiwaju Bola Ahmad Tinubu of the APC, Atiku Abubakar of the PDP and Peter Obi of the Labour Party. Most at times pundits and analysts make comparison amongst these candidates to see who is the most qualified to take the mantle of leadership of this country after the expiration of President Buhari's tenure as the President of this great country. To me, having regards to their track records and political wherewithal to take this nation to the highest pedestal of excellent leadership, Asiwaju Bola Ahmad Tinubu is the most qualified candidate, but also should not be compared to these candidates whose track records are nothing to write home about

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by sylve11: 4:57am On Aug 27, 2022
I nor trust politicians. embarassed cool
Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:57am On Aug 27, 2022
Wike knows Obi is the next President

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Sammysolution: 4:58am On Aug 27, 2022
The last bolded paragraph calls for deep reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Peacemaker5129(f): 4:59am On Aug 27, 2022
It is either Mazi Tinubu or nothing

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by madridguy(m): 4:59am On Aug 27, 2022
Next president of your village cheesy

HIGHESTPOPORI:
Wike knows Obi is the next President

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by shortgun(m): 5:00am On Aug 27, 2022
They should all step down for Peter Obi if they mean well for the country, any other thing they choose to do will be deceitful.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Buhari4sale: 5:00am On Aug 27, 2022
Pwettylinda:

Let's not repeat this Buhari kind of error again, we told you guys 8 years ago ona no listen how far today??

Tinubu is terminally sick and needs the support of two or more people to even raise hands up.

He has the vision and idea of development. Bola is well exposed and has a lot of brainfilled young elites to work with in taking Nigeria to the next level. If its about stealing money, Obi self na thief and Obi can't control the affairs of this nation. He is not rope to steer a country like Nigeria. Let's be realistic. It takes someone with a LION heart to deliever us. If God really want a change for Nigeria.. He can use Bola and the job will be perfectly done.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:01am On Aug 27, 2022
madridguy:
Next president of your village cheesy

Nigerians are contesting for President through Peter Obi.Its Nigerians turn now

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by wolesmile(m): 5:02am On Aug 27, 2022
We all know why.
Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by owiko(m): 5:03am On Aug 27, 2022
Issorite

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Maxymilliano(m): 5:05am On Aug 27, 2022
Leadership isn’t about you and your family. Leadership is about everybody. It is unfortunate that we are in a country now where a man finishes eight years as a governor and brings his own son as a governor too and as a member of the National Assembly.

So Wike still carry Lamido for mind ? LoL
Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by OLOKOESHIN: 5:08am On Aug 27, 2022
Pwettylinda:

Sorry
We stand on Bola's Mandate Gidigba
You came late
Tell your Desperate Obi that's using Endsars protesters head for campaigns to show us his med certificate

May be he's also nursing Terminal disease who knows?

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by Concience55: 5:08am On Aug 27, 2022
When I remember that Wike will one day be in Amechi's present shoes I just laugh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why I Met With Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi In London – Wike by allcomage: 5:08am On Aug 27, 2022
Barrylord4040:
The three powerful contestants to the nation's highest office are Asiwaju Bola Ahmad Tinubu of the APC, Atiku Abubakar of the PDP and Peter Obi of the Labour Party. Most at times pundits and analysts make comparison amongst these candidates to see who is the most qualified to take the mantle of leadership of this country after the expiration of President Buhari's tenure as the President of this great country. To me, having regards to their track records and political wherewithal to take this nation to the highest pedestal of excellent leadership, Asiwaju Bola Ahmad Tinubu is the most qualified candidate, but also should not be compared to these candidates whose track records are nothing to write home about
Tinubu is old and not healthy to run a country like Nigeria. He will not even stand the gruelling 6 months presidential campaign which his counterparts like Peter Obi and Kwakwanso can tour all the local governments in Nigeria. The campaign period will expose alot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Govt. Federal Secretariat On Fire / Pictures Of Arab Contractors Working On Aba Road Umuahia / Atiku's Son, Mustapha And Wife, Afrah Welcome A Baby Boy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.